inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone miss paper?

Written By: Martin on 09/25/12 at 5:38 pm

I really miss reading things on paper. I think everything looks better printed. I hate looking at online photos, so I always print the ones I like. I hate looking to a monitor and I prefer reading magazines and newspapers to the computer screen. I know it's bad for the forest. ;)

Subject: Re: Anyone miss paper?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/25/12 at 5:45 pm

I've always felt like there was something magical about a book.  The way they smell, the turn of the page, the wonder that is waiting inside.  I've never felt as much love for a kindle.  It's just not the same...

So yeah...I feel you.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/25/12 at 6:06 pm

It is bad for forests and for trees! I know what you mean though, it was quite something looking at a a printed picture from a book. I still go to the library once in a while to read books actually, it takes me back :)

Written By: Jenny1982 on 09/25/12 at 6:33 pm

Definitley. I'm actually tempted to make a book/magazine dedicated to the pop culture of a decade.

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/12 at 8:23 pm

I don't miss paper, but that's only because I can't miss something that I still use and see often.

Written By: meesa on 09/25/12 at 8:30 pm

I still have all of my favorite books in print. But I read a LOT-so I get the books first on my e-reader, then if it is something I find myself reading over and over I may buy it in print.

As to newspapers, magazines, I don't miss 'em. Get my news online and was never a lover of magazines.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/12 at 9:18 pm

Nah, I always keep a few extra rolls under the sink.
8)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/25/12 at 9:19 pm

I still use paper and read the newspaper from time to time. ;)

Written By: wildcard on 09/25/12 at 10:36 pm

I write down how to do stuff on paper all the time.  If there were more books still around on how to do stuff, that would be great for someone who cant remember anything.  There will be times I wont be able to go online.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 09/25/12 at 10:58 pm

I don't. Sorry, sad but true.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/26/12 at 7:56 am

I miss when documents were typed on a typewriter and now just about everything can be typed and printed from a printer and I read newspapers everyday. I don't like reading newspapers online sometimes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/12 at 10:37 am

I read the newspaper every morning.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/26/12 at 1:16 pm

paperback books were a part of our lives but now that the future is here we need to teach our children the digital age of books, How to download them and read from a Nook or Kindle.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 09/26/12 at 1:26 pm

I don't miss paper, but that's only because I can't miss something that I still use and see often.

Agreed. Just finished my BA-thesis and 70-80 % of it is based on good old books.

Written By: belmont22 on 09/26/12 at 1:32 pm

I have a Kindle and while it is cool, to be honest I don't even use it. If it wasn't a gift from my mother I would have sold it.

Check for new replies or respond here...