inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Erin Moran - Homeless

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/27/12 at 5:26 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/27/happy-days-star-erin-moran-homeless-report-says/

The various news wires are running a story about Erin Moran, legendary star of 1970's TV hit shows, Happy Days and Joanie Loves Chacci.

Apparently she and her husband were living in a mobile home in Corydon, Indiana, but recently were evicted.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Erin Moran - Homeless

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/12 at 5:31 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/27/happy-days-star-erin-moran-homeless-report-says/

The various news wires are running a story about Erin Moran, legendary star of 1970's TV hit shows, Happy Days and Joanie Loves Chacci.

Apparently she and her husband were living in a mobile home in Corydon, Indiana, but recently were evicted.  :-\\

she's also a touch CRAZY!!!! did you see her on Celeb Fit Club??? this really doesn't surprise me at all...

Written By: Howard on 09/27/12 at 7:25 pm

http://cdn.newslook.com/75/750e4b1a6390fd9e710b459d1445ea4e/images/frame_0003.jpg

Man this is sad to see a former Happy Days actress live like this, :( Would you guys bring her in if she needed to pay the rent?

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/12 at 7:33 pm

http://cdn.newslook.com/75/750e4b1a6390fd9e710b459d1445ea4e/images/frame_0003.jpg

Man this is sad to see a former Happy Days actress live like this, :( Would you guys bring her in if she needed to pay the rent?

nope....bitch be crazy!!!

Written By: warped on 09/27/12 at 8:33 pm

Joanie loves Chachirity, wonder if the room over Mr. C's garage is still available.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/12 at 10:43 pm

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5064cf5c/turbine/la-et-mg-erin-moran-homeless-happy-days-201209-001/600

According to the press, Moran and her husband were evicted from their home in Palmdale, California, when the bank foreclosed on the house in 2010. 

They moved in with her mother-in-law in a trailer out in the cornfields of Indiana.  Hubby has a job at Walmart and Moran won $65,000 in that Happy Days lawsuit.  If you factor in taxes, legal fees, and expenses for God-knows-what, $65 grand doesn't go very far.

I didn't hear about her being mentally ill, but she looks like she's had a rough go of things.  Allegedly, the mother-in-law told the kids to hit the road because Moran's drinking and rowdy behavior were too much to bear. 

According to IMdb, she made $900 per episode in season 3 of Happy Days.  Which is to say, back in the day, young female actresses didn't get the big bucks on sit-coms. 

The economy is sick and punishing nowadays.  Those who are vulnerable to getting eaten alive will be eaten alive, and those suffering from mental illness and substance abuse problems are most vulnerable.  I hope she and her husband can get back on their feet.
:(

Written By: Howard on 09/28/12 at 7:05 am

Joanie loves Chachirity, wonder if the room over Mr. C's garage is still available.

new name for a Tv Show Joanie Loves Charity.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/28/12 at 7:06 am

Could Scott Baio help her out in some sort of way?  ???

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 7:23 am

I'm hoping some of her ex Happy Days cast mates can help her out a little, but I don't know their current financial situation.  I imagine Ron Howard must be doing pretty well.  ::)  Henry Winkler not bad either.

Also, we don't really know Ron or Henry's current relationship with Erin. (Or maybe we do, I haven't followed her story much)

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 10:39 am

why should he? Her problems are not his fault... yeah she's not rolling in the dough from Happy Days....booo hooo.... neither is Donny Most but you don't hear him whinning about it.  She got paid crap because she was a supporting actress not the star, she didn't get residuals because people didn't really know about residuals in the 70s and she's an addict. She doesn't really deserve sympathy

I'm hoping some of her ex Happy Days cast mates can help her out a little, but I don't know their current financial situation.  I imagine Ron Howard must be doing pretty well.  ::)  Henry Winkler not bad either.

Also, we don't really know Ron or Henry's current relationship with Erin. (Or maybe we do, I haven't followed her story much)

you forgot to mention Gary Marshall ----he's doing pretty okay too  ;)

She's been pretty bitchy since the show went off the air. She was pretty public about her dissatisfaction with the show, she didn't participate in the reunion

From a 1992 interview in People:

Reached by phone at her Southern California spread, Moran, 31, says she was invited to the Happy Days reunion but flatly declined. The actress who once played Richie's perky kid sister now claims that every member of the cast is "evil," adding, "I pray for them." She also charges some relatives with being "bloodsuckers" who are after her money and accuses the government of conspiring to hook the country on crack and speed. Moran refutes tabloid reports that she herself was a drug addict and scoffs at rumors that she has "found God." Says Erin: "I've always had God." For the past five years she has been married to Rocky Ferguson, a singer whose style she describes as "eclectic" and for whom she recently produced a demo tape. As for future acting plans, Moran, who began her TV career at age 7, says, "I want to do a movie about my life as a child star."

The article is kind of weirdly written but it's still an interesting read (regarding the reunion in '92)

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 10:45 am

why should he? Her problems are not his fault... yeah she's not rolling in the dough from Happy Days....booo hooo.... neither is Donny Most but you don't hear him whinning about it.  She got paid crap because she was a supporting actress not the star, she didn't get residuals because people didn't really know about residuals in the 70s and she's an addict. She doesn't really deserve sympathy

She's been pretty bitchy since the show went off the air. She was pretty public about her dissatisfaction with the show, she didn't participate in the reunion

Reached by phone at her Southern California spread, Moran, 31, says she was invited to the Happy Days reunion but flatly declined. The actress who once played Richie's perky kid sister now claims that every member of the cast is "evil," adding, "I pray for them." She also charges some relatives with being "bloodsuckers" who are after her money and accuses the government of conspiring to hook the country on crack and speed. Moran refutes tabloid reports that she herself was a drug addict and scoffs at rumors that she has "found God." Says Erin: "I've always had God." For the past five years she has been married to Rocky Ferguson, a singer whose style she describes as "eclectic" and for whom she recently produced a demo tape. As for future acting plans, Moran, who began her TV career at age 7, says, "I want to do a movie about my life as a child star."

The article is kind of weirdly written but it's still an interesting read (regarding the reunion in '92)

Gary's not doing too badly, yeah...

I found the article on the net (reunion from 1992).    What is she an "addict" of?

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 11:11 am

Gary's not doing too badly, yeah...

I found the article on the net (reunion from 1992).    What is she an "addict" of?

I'm not sure....she certainly has a drinking problem. That was evident when she was on Celeb Fit Club.....based on her appearance and demeanor I wouldn't be surprised if she's done meth or heroin

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 12:28 pm

Ron Howard lived the same area that I did at one time but I never saw him. Some people I have known had seen him around town but I never did.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I seem to remember something like that. I knew there was some kind of rift between her & the cast.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/28/12 at 1:50 pm

I sympathize with people who have a hard time even if they are unpleasant.  And, indeed, the CIA was involved with trafficking cocaine into inner city neighborhoods.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/28/12 at 2:02 pm

I sympathize with people who have a hard time even if they are unpleasant.  And, indeed, the CIA was involved with trafficking cocaine into inner city neighborhoods.

I have also heard about the government introducing cocaine and crack into inner city neighborhoods.  They have to keep control over us somehow.

I sympathize with Erin because I have had problems with addiction myself.  It's true, she was a total pain in the ass on CFC, but I can't even imagine what her life has been like.  Seriously.  Being a child star has to completely distort your sense of reality.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/12 at 2:06 pm

Ron Howard is a very well known film producer and Henry Winkler is a film producer, has starred in films and is a children's book author plus has done some commercials.

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 2:07 pm

Ron Howard is a very well known film producer and Henry Winkler is a film producer, has starred in films and is a children's book author plus has done some commercials.

warped was being sarcastic Howard....

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 2:11 pm

warped was being sarcastic Howard....

(Thanks Cat)

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Wasn't my intention to confuse ya,  Howard.  Yes, Ron Howard has done very well for himself.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 2:24 pm

(Thanks Cat)

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Wasn't my intention to confuse ya,  Howard.  Yes, Ron Howard has done very well for himself.

Um...you're welcome but I think you mean, "Thanks, Q."  ;)

Cat

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 2:27 pm

Cat

hahaha, did I type "Cat"?..haha.. major brain freeze... (It's OK, I'm from Canada)

(Straightens out tie, combs hair, clears throat)  Let's try this again.

Thanks Q!

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 2:28 pm

(Thanks Cat)

I could be Cat but I prefer being Q...  :P      :D

Cat

hahaha, did I type "Cat"?..haha.. major brain freeze... (It's OK, I'm from Canada)

(Straightens out tie, combs hair, clears throat)  Let's try this again.

Thanks Q!

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic again!  ;) 

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 2:34 pm

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic again!  ;)

(reads post again, not sure it self was sarcastic, ...self reminds self to read whole post this time, self thinks about it...decides to answer no.... )

No...

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 2:39 pm

(reads post again, not sure it self was sarcastic, ...self reminds self to read whole post this time, self thinks about it...decides to answer no.... )

No...

I was trying to give you an easy out... .oh well  :D

Written By: Howard on 09/28/12 at 3:02 pm

(Thanks Cat)

Sorry didn't read it that way. ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/28/12 at 3:59 pm

Ron Howard lived the same area that I did at one time but I never saw him. Some people I have known had seen him around town but I never did.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Ron Howard was directing a movie near my hometown (Gung Ho) and he came into my friend's dad's shoe store to buy the crew boots.  I missed meeting him by about a hour.  My friend's little sister gave me a tour of "what chair he sat in" and what shoes he looked at.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 5:07 pm

Ron Howard was directing a movie near my hometown (Gung Ho) and he came into my friend's dad's shoe store to buy the crew boots.  I missed meeting him by about a hour.  My friend's little sister gave me a tour of "what chair he sat in" and what shoes he looked at.  ;D

I would've loved that tour!!!! I've never met him but I did meet Marion Ross... If you remember Brooklyn Bridge, I worked with the kid (well we wasn't a kid when we worked together) who played Benny Belinski.  He's a cop now.  :D    anyway when I told her I worked with him (before he became a cop) she got excited "How is Jakey!"  ;D  It was nice. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/28/12 at 5:21 pm

You live near Beaver PA ???

The climax scene in that gazebo was filmed in Beaver.  The gazebo is still there.  :P

Written By: tv on 09/28/12 at 6:20 pm

Please I mean she was in "Happy Days" almost 30 years ago. The last show aired in 1984. I feel a little bad for her yeah because as Maxwell said the economy is tough these days.

As for Scott Baio helping Erin Moran out he said no he wouldn't.

Written By: tv on 09/28/12 at 6:25 pm

I see Henry Winkler these days doing commercials or an appearence on a TV show here and there.

I did see Erin on "Entertaiment Tonight" a few years ago with some of the cast members when they brought the lawsuit about because of gambling machines having "Happy Days" signage on them.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/29/12 at 6:01 am

I keep waiting for a Happy Days reunion show. Would be a good way for Erin to pick up a few bucks.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 10:12 am

I keep waiting for a Happy Days reunion show. Would be a good way for Erin to pick up a few bucks.

she didn't do the one in 92 maybe she'll but that was 20 years ago maybe if they did one now she would... holy crap... that was 20 yrs ago!!!!  Happy Days (if you use the date of the Love American Style episode the show spun off from) first aired 40 yrs ago.... ugh... as a series tho...Happy days is only 38.  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/12 at 12:53 pm

They might pay her to stay home!
:o

http://images.buddytv.com/btv_2_1219852_1_434_593_0_/erin-moran--academy-.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 12:56 pm

they probably should  ;D

Written By: warped on 09/29/12 at 2:55 pm

they probably should  ;D

What if they gave a Happy Days reunion and only Erin & Chuck Cunnighma showed up?  Maybe Chuck's even more pissed off than Erin for being totally removed from the show as if he didn't exist. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 2:59 pm

What if they gave a Happy Days reunion and only Erin & Chuck Cunnighma showed up?  Maybe Chuck's even more pissed off than Erin for being totally removed from the show as if he didn't exist. ;D

poor Randolph Roberts...he hasn't acted since 1986....

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 4:15 pm

I would've loved that tour!!!! I've never met him but I did meet Marion Ross... If you remember Brooklyn Bridge, I worked with the kid (well we wasn't a kid when we worked together) who played Benny Belinski.  He's a cop now.  :D    anyway when I told her I worked with him (before he became a cop) she got excited "How is Jakey!"  ;D  It was nice.

What's Marion Ross up to these days?

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 4:16 pm

Please I mean she was in "Happy Days" almost 30 years ago. The last show aired in 1984. I feel a little bad for her yeah because as Maxwell said the economy is tough these days.

As for Scott Baio helping Erin Moran out he said no he wouldn't.

Maybe Scott realized the financial trouble that she was in.  ???

Written By: whistledog on 09/29/12 at 4:17 pm

Ron's been doing very well indeed.  Not only does he make great TV shows and great movies, but he makes hot daughters as well ...

http://www.tsbmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bryce2.jpg
Bryce Dallas Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 4:17 pm

but without Tom Bosley? since he passed away a few years ago I don't know about a reunion. ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/29/12 at 4:18 pm

Well ya gotta give her credit, she's never done any Playboy spreads or porno tapes.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 4:18 pm

Erin needs makeup.  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/29/12 at 4:20 pm

but without Tom Bosley? since he passed away a few years ago I don't know about a reunion. ???

They could just say that Bosley was out of town visiting his aunt.

Written By: whistledog on 09/29/12 at 4:20 pm

Erin did have a mini-Happy Days reunion a few years ago.  She appeared on the reality series "Scott Baio is 45 ... and single!" where her and Scott went to do a fan session for Happy Days and sign autographs.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 4:38 pm

They could just say that Bosley was out of town visiting his aunt.

they could gather for his funeral....

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 4:38 pm

Erin did have a mini-Happy Days reunion a few years ago.  She appeared on the reality series "Scott Baio is 45 ... and single!" where her and Scott went to do a fan session for Happy Days and sign autographs.

I remember that....  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/12 at 5:19 pm

they could gather for his funeral....

Or say that he is visiting Chuck.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 5:55 pm

Or say that he is visiting Chuck.

Cat

;D

It'd be funny if they said your brother Chuck....then Joanie could say "I have another brother?"  :D 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/12 at 12:12 am

When are we going to hear that Katie from Benson is being deprogrammed at an undisclosed location?

Written By: Howard on 10/01/12 at 6:48 am

Maybe she could live in a group home? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/12 at 9:32 am

Maybe she could live in a group home? ???

Or she could stay at The Wiscons Inn, which was often mentioned on Happy Days.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/12 at 11:04 pm

She could do a reality show with Danny Bonaduce!
:-\\

Written By: warped on 10/02/12 at 6:52 am

That works. 
Or cast Erin & Danny as the "Waltons" parents in a remake of that old TV show.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/12 at 7:08 am

But Danny's not homeless? ???

Written By: warped on 10/02/12 at 7:14 am

No he isn't, but Max was making a point that 2 aging celebs , both "off their rockers" might create good drama on TV. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/02/12 at 7:55 am

You live near Beaver PA ???

The climax scene in that gazebo was filmed in Beaver.  The gazebo is still there.  :P

Well, near is relative.  I now, live near-ish to Beaver.  I'm in da 'burgh.  At the time of my almost encounter with Ron Howard, he was filming the plant scenes in Shadyside, Ohio.  I lived in the village next to Shadyside.  The plant it was filmed in is still there also.

I always wondered where the gazebo was, it was so pretty and I knew it wasn't "local" to me at the time, since I always have liked gazebos.  :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/12 at 6:43 pm

I think it is sad.  She was a child star and who knows what happened to her and how she was treated back than.  Child stars are spoiled, abused, overworked, robbed.  I haven't lived her life, I can't judge her because I don't know what happened to her to get her to this point, but from all the stories you here about Hollywood kids I can give a good guess.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/12 at 6:58 pm

Danny was homeless at his low ebb.  He tells a story about standing outside his car signing autographs for fans who didn't know Danny was living in that car!

I think it is sad.  She was a child star and who knows what happened to her and how she was treated back than.  Child stars are spoiled, abused, overworked, robbed.  I haven't lived her life, I can't judge her because I don't know what happened to her to get her to this point, but from all the stories you here about Hollywood kids I can give a good guess.

I second that.  Sadder still, Moran's travails -- foreclosure, eviction, unemployment, housing insecurity, substance abuse, family conflicts owing to poverty -- are played out a million times an hour in this country in the lives of people whose names we'll never know.
:(

Written By: Howard on 10/03/12 at 6:59 am

Danny was homeless at his low ebb.  He tells a story about standing outside his car signing autographs for fans who didn't know Danny was living in that car!

At least Danny NOW is doing better than Erin.

Check for new replies or respond here...