inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Deep male voices no longer in?

Written By: Martin on 09/30/12 at 7:55 am

Is it me or deep male voices have been out for some time? Are male singers trying to sound like females? Arguably, female voices sound better, but males that sound like their balls are being squished by a steamroller (e.g. James Blunt) are no good. A male would never replicate a female voice, so why bother? Why do most male singers sing in high voices?

Subject: Re: Deep male voices no longer in?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/30/12 at 8:18 am

Is it me or deep male voices have been out for some time? Are male singers trying to sound like females? Arguably, female voices sound better, but males that sound like their balls are being squished by a steamroller (e.g. James Blunt) are no good.

It's called scrodeling and it has been around for eons.  Think singers like the Bee Gees, or The Four Seasons.

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/12 at 11:30 am

Nickelback are still popular in Canada.  Chad Kroeger doesn't sound like a woman

Other than them, I can't think of any others in the mainstream that have had Top 40 success recently.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/12/12 at 2:32 pm

It's true, that whole Eddie Vedder thing is finally out of style. And thank God for that!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/12/12 at 2:33 pm

What about females?  Now it is the thing for women to sound like 10 year olds, it drives me nuts.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/12/12 at 2:39 pm

What about females?  Now it is the thing for women to sound like 10 year olds, it drives me nuts.

Yeah either that or like boys (Katy Perry).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/12/12 at 3:04 pm

It's true, that whole Eddie Vedder thing is finally out of style. And thank God for that!

I always thought that Creed brought about the much welcomed demise of the whole Eddie Vedder sound-a-like fad back in the early 2000's?

Written By: belmont22 on 11/12/12 at 3:04 pm

I always thought that Creed brought about the much welcomed demise of the whole Eddie Vedder sound-a-like fad back in the early 2000's?

I would say Shinedown 'Second Chance' (2009) was the last bit of it.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/12/12 at 3:14 pm

I would say Shinedown 'Second Chance' (2009) was the last bit of it.

God, somebody was still paying Shinedown money to produce music in 2009? I hadn't heard anything out of those guys since I was in high school.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/21/12 at 4:08 pm

God, somebody was still paying Shinedown money to produce music in 2009? I hadn't heard anything out of those guys since I was in high school.

I didn't even know who they were before "Second Chance".

Check for new replies or respond here...