inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is 2010s fashion colourful?

Written By: belmont22 on 10/07/12 at 4:06 pm

Do you notice a lot of bright colours in the clothes people wear where you live? I've been noticing it in increasing frequency every year since 2008. It's also becoming more and more rare to see people, especially teenagers wear 90's styles.

Subject: Re: Is 2010s fashion colourful?

Written By: Emman on 10/07/12 at 10:24 pm

Do you notice a lot of bright colours in the clothes people wear where you live? I've been noticing it in increasing frequency every year since 2008. It's also becoming more and more rare to see people, especially teenagers wear 90's styles.

I go to a technical college and a lot of young women wear stuff like pink and purple skinny jeans, jeggings, and leggings and more elaborate designs in shirts and pants. Some of the guys still wear emo lite fashion too but the colorfulness is more noticeable on the females.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 10/07/12 at 10:24 pm

I'd say it's more colorful than the '00s at least...though maybe not as colorful as the late eighties/early nineties or whenever the whole neon day-glow thing was in.

For men, look at those plaid shorts that everyone wears these days...certainly more colorful than the boring khaki shorts everyone wore in the '00s (and still wear today). Colorful plaid shirts are popular as well. It's acceptable and maybe even fashionable for men to wear a pink or purple shirt. Skinny jeans come in many different colors like red/green, as opposed to just blue or black.

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/12 at 10:29 pm

I'm colourblind.  The whole world is black and white to me.  Thanks for making me feel left out.  Thanks  :\'(

:D

Written By: tnf on 10/09/12 at 9:16 pm

Seemed to be the case in 2011/2012, but the next fashion trends will be less colorfull - according to glossy magazines. They are all predicting black and black/white for the next year.

Written By: belmont22 on 10/10/12 at 2:38 am

Seemed to be the case in 2011/2012, but the next fashion trends will be less colorfull - according to glossy magazines. They are all predicting black and black/white for the next year.

Those magazines are usually not very reliable anyways. Most people don't really follow fashion that closely.

Written By: Emman on 10/10/12 at 1:08 pm

I really am noticing a new style cropping in though, it's a little hard to pin down, maybe a hipster-lite thing, the look with the guys wearing big rimmed glasses, pants that are colors like purple, red, ect, shoes with no socks, waistvests, things like that.

I really do think '08 was the beginning of a new, distinct cultural period.

Written By: Jason R on 10/17/12 at 11:12 pm

shoes with no socks

In the mid-90's when I was in college I never wore socks.  I always wore boat shoes with no socks.  That was the preppy thing to do, I was a prep in high school and I carried it through college (yes, I was an ultra- prep but I was a very nice kid).  In college I always wore boat shoes with no socks, kahki shorts, a plain colored shirt, and a backwards baseball cap.  I always wondered if the no socks thing will come back in style, and what type of style it will be.

Check for new replies or respond here...