inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wii U

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/03/12 at 12:47 pm

The Nintendo system to succeed the Wii and the first console of the next generation will be released this month. Who plans on getting one? I might, but maybe I'll wait for awhile. I still plan to keep my Wii since the Wii U will not be backward compatible with Gamecube games.

Subject: Re: Wii U

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/12 at 3:31 pm

The Wii U is a dumb idea.  I like the idea of cool new technology, but the controller is the size of a Nintendo DS and from what I saw, costs like $150 to buy just on its own.  Remember just sitting on a couch with a controller in your hands and you could just play a game?  Where has that gone?

Written By: belmont22 on 11/03/12 at 5:10 pm

The Wii U is a dumb idea.  I like the idea of cool new technology, but the controller is the size of a Nintendo DS and from what I saw, costs like $150 to buy just on its own.  Remember just sitting on a couch with a controller in your hands and you could just play a game?  Where has that gone?

I agree, games are way too complicated these days. The only video game I really play these days is Sim City 4, from 2003. Can't wait until the 5th one comes out next year!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/12 at 8:28 pm

I remember when Wii came out, I didn't even know what it was.  I thought people were saying "weed."  I was chatting with this lady at a bar once and she says,
"I don't let my kids have Wii until they finish their homework." 
So I said, "That...sounds...like a good policy to me!"
:D

Written By: TD3000 on 11/04/12 at 1:23 am

I really want to play the new Mario game, but I have no desire to buy a Wii U, especially since I'm getting some good mileage out of my regular Wii. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas  :-\\

Written By: kairosan on 11/04/12 at 7:38 am

I remember when Wii came out, I didn't even know what it was.  I thought people were saying "weed."  I was chatting with this lady at a bar once and she says,
"I don't let my kids have Wii until they finish their homework." 
So I said, "That...sounds...like a good policy to me!"
:D

GOOD one,Actually, the wii u sounds like Weedyou

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/12 at 5:17 pm

♪♪ Wii U, Wii U baby.  Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise ♪♪

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 5:31 pm

In France they'll call it the Wii Wii.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/18/12 at 10:14 pm

In France they'll call it the Wii Wii.

the wii u  looks stupid

Written By: Howard on 12/19/12 at 6:39 am

GOOD one,Actually, the wii u sounds like Weedyou

Then the Japanese must be smoking some good stuff over there.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/19/12 at 10:48 am

Then the Japanese must be smoking some good stuff over there.

lol

Check for new replies or respond here...