inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: From the Producers of Rebecca Black brings you Nicole Westbrook!!!!!!!!

Written By: thenewtattoo on 11/14/12 at 2:39 pm

How the fudge is dance pop gonna survive this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBq8geuJk0

Subject: Re: From the Producers of Rebecca Black brings you Nicole Westbrook!!!!!!!!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/14/12 at 2:49 pm

When did middle schoolers start having Thanksgiving parties? Kids these days are weird. :P

Subject: Re: From the Producers of Rebecca Black brings you Nicole Westbrook!!!!!!!!

Written By: Macaroni Man on 11/14/12 at 6:13 pm

I can't believe they left Halloween out of the bridge; that's without a doubt second only to Christmas

Written By: Step-chan on 11/14/12 at 9:20 pm

*Watches until close to 1:20 in*

Umm... Yeah.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/12 at 10:21 pm

And next week there's gonna be another song about a date
By another piece of cute jailbait
And I just can't wait, I cant', I can't wait!
:-\\

Written By: belmont22 on 11/15/12 at 12:55 pm

I LMAOed when she was holding the drumstick as a microphone and the guy was in the turkey suit.  ;D

Written By: belmont22 on 11/16/12 at 3:17 am

Lol @ the rapping and when they were holding the wrong dishes.

This song is definitely supposed to be a joke.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/22/12 at 5:31 am

So it's Thanksgiving.

Can't be hateful. Gotta be grateful.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/23/12 at 7:11 pm

Lol @ the rapping and when they were holding the wrong dishes.

This song is definitely supposed to be a joke.

Unfortunately, no.  Patrice Wilson and Clarence Jey do this as a business. 

With Rebecca Black, it's hard to blame Patrice Wilson for the onslaught of insults and vitriol she had to wade through. He probably didn't know that his sheeshty song would be sheeshty enough that everyone would hate-share it. But Nicole Westbrook is different. Everything about "It's Thanksgiving" invites abuse from viewers, from a chorus that just lists dinner sides to Nicole Westbrook earnestly singing her heart out into a turkey leg. It is intentionally bad, baiting critics to rip it to shreds, and everyone seems to know it except that poor goddamn girl. Her career as a singer, her social life, her future are all casualties of Patrice Wilson's hunt for recognition. His best-case scenario was that everyone will hate Nicole Westbrook enough to talk about her for years.

- Soren Bowie, Why the Rapper from 'Friday' and 'Thanksgiving' Is Evil, Nov 19, 2012.

I'm with the good folks at Cracked on this one.  The first time around, they got lucky, this time, it's just evil.  Doesn't mean it's not hilarious, just that it's both hilarious and evil.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 4:42 pm

How the fudge is dance pop gonna survive this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBq8geuJk0

Who cares if it's Thanksgiving. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...