inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hostess to become defunct

Written By: belmont22 on 11/17/12 at 10:51 am

http://z6mag.com/business/twinkies-out-of-business-hostess-brands-shuts-down-following-strike-1615764.html

Better eat Twinkies because you might never eat them again! I think a company will probably buy their recipes and brands though.

Subject: Re: Hostess to become defunct

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/12 at 1:42 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47302.msg2962266#new

Written By: belmont22 on 11/17/12 at 2:06 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47302.msg2962266#new

Oh, right.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/12 at 2:51 pm

I hope that whoever brings back Ho Ho's that they return to having them individually wrapped in foil.

Half the fun of eating a Ho Ho was peeling off the foil.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/12 at 10:31 pm

I hope that whoever brings back Ho Ho's that they return to having them individually wrapped in foil.

Half the fun of eating a Ho Ho was peeling off the foil.  :P

Here! Here!  Same with the Ring-Dings!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/19/12 at 8:31 pm

I liked the Hostess Fruit Pies.

However, they were a nutritional nightmare (500 calories each!  :o ) and I have the feeling that of all the Hostess snacks, these are the most likely not to return should someone take the brands over.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/12 at 3:49 am

I liked the Hostess Fruit Pies.

However, they were a nutritional nightmare (500 calories each!  :o ) and I have the feeling that of all the Hostess snacks, these are the most likely not to return should someone take the brands over.

I stopped buying those fruit pies because the filling was mostly a big air pocket and hardly any fruit.  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/20/12 at 11:03 am

I stopped buying those fruit pies because the filling was mostly a big air pocket and hardly any fruit.  8-P

That's what I said on the TWINKIES thread.  Most of what Hostess Brands sells is air!  Did you ever squish a loaf of Wonder Bread to a bite-sized lump?

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/21/12 at 8:53 pm

That's what I said on the TWINKIES thread.  Most of what Hostess Brands sells is air!  Did you ever squish a loaf of Wonder Bread to a bite-sized lump?

Nope, but these guys did!

"FOLLOW UP NOTE:  What's really interesting is though Wonder Bread has a bad rep as being "crap" bread that parents don't want to give their kids, in reality it's no less healthy than the multi-grain whole wheat breads.  I made a trip to the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op, and after dodging several hippies spraying patchouli oil at me, I looked in their bread section.  Even the most "healthy" of the breads are devoid of any major vitamins or substances that your body truly needs to function.  Aside from tasting good and filling you up, bread doesn't serve much of a purpose at all, except maybe for squishing together and sculpting a bread love slave out of."

True.  Hmm, haven't tried that last thing either.  Considering that I have to make stuffing tomorrow, and I've got a whole loaf of the stuff out there, I'll... umm... be right back.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/21/12 at 11:10 pm

Nope, but these guys did!

"FOLLOW UP NOTE:  What's really interesting is though Wonder Bread has a bad rep as being "crap" bread that parents don't want to give their kids, in reality it's no less healthy than the multi-grain whole wheat breads.  I made a trip to the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op, and after dodging several hippies spraying patchouli oil at me, I looked in their bread section.  Even the most "healthy" of the breads are devoid of any major vitamins or substances that your body truly needs to function.  Aside from tasting good and filling you up, bread doesn't serve much of a purpose at all, except maybe for squishing together and sculpting a bread love slave out of."

True.  Hmm, haven't tried that last thing either.  Considering that I have to make stuffing tomorrow, and I've got a whole loaf of the stuff out there, I'll... umm... be right back.

English pensioners lived for decades on toast and tea!
8)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 4:50 pm

Better get them before they run out!

Check for new replies or respond here...