inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Matthew Broderick

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/12 at 8:25 am

He is on the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade right now.  Are he and Sarah Jessica the only two who won't admit he is gay?  I always thought he and Nathan Lane would have made such a nice couple.

Subject: Re: Matthew Broderick

Written By: warped on 11/22/12 at 8:27 am

I like Matthew Broderick, whether he's gay or not. He's just a likeable guy. I like so many of his films. He was originally thought to have the role of "Alex Keaton" in Family Ties. 

In the same manner: I don't like Tom Cruise, whether he's gay or not, he's just not a likeable guy  ;D

:D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/12 at 8:32 am

I like Matthew Broderick, whether he's gay or not. He's just a likeable guy. I like so many of his films. He was originally thought to have the role of "Alex Keaton" in Family Ties. 

In the same manner: I don't like Tom Cruise, whether he's gay or not, he's just not a likeable guy  ;D

Tom Cruise is a shiver in my spine.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/12 at 8:49 am

What I want to know is why does it matter?  I have no idea what his sexual preference is and don't think it is my place to say.  If he is gay it is his decision whether or not he wants to come out.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/22/12 at 8:55 am

When I saw Election and watched Broderick repeatedly get owned by Reese Witherspoon, it was as if part of my childhood died. I kept wanting to yell at my TV, "C'mon Ferris, get her! Show this snotty young upstart who's boss!"

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/12 at 9:28 am

What I want to know is why does it matter?  I have no idea what his sexual preference is and don't think it is my place to say.  If he is gay it is his decision whether or not he wants to come out.

I think it is the sham marriage that bothers me, the pretense of being a happily married couple with children.  It didn't bother so much before the kids, I know, none of my business, but it still irks.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/12 at 10:15 am

I thought they split up, not that that makes a difference. 

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/12 at 10:20 am

I thought they split up, not that that makes a difference.

Don't think so, rough patch is all.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/12 at 11:33 am

Well it would matter because he and SJP would be fraudsters if this were true.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/12 at 12:29 pm

Once again, we agree.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/12 at 12:36 pm

Well it would matter because he and SJP would be fraudsters if this were true.

Really?  I think fraud is a little harsh.  I mean, seriously, who the heck cares?  It only affects their family and not a single one of us.  If it is their choice to live that way, then it is their problem not ours.  I think people need to get over this need to "out" celebrities.  It is none of our business unless the publicly let us know. 

And, personally, I don't think he is gay.  Just MHO

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/12 at 12:49 pm

Really?  I think fraud is a little harsh.  I mean, seriously, who the heck cares?  It only affects their family and not a single one of us.  If it is their choice to live that way, then it is their problem not ours.  I think people need to get over this need to "out" celebrities.  It is none of our business unless the publicly let us know. 

And, personally, I don't think he is gay.  Just MHO

Agreed.

Cat

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/22/12 at 1:02 pm

I always confuse Matthew Broderick with Matt Damon for some reason. I don't know Broderick enough to make a call there, but sometimes I wonder what makes people think certain "straight" celebrities are gay.

Another celeb people are always claiming is gay is Jake Gyllenhaal. Now, as much as I wish that were true, I don't believe it is :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/12 at 3:11 pm

I always confuse Matthew Broderick with Matt Damon for some reason. I don't know Broderick enough to make a call there, but sometimes I wonder what makes people think certain "straight" celebrities are gay.

Another celeb people are always claiming is gay is Jake Gyllenhaal. Now, as much as I wish that were true, I don't believe it is :D

Yeah. People think the band Owl City is gay too.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/12 at 4:03 pm

Yeah. People think the band Owl City is gay too.

Tom Robinson of the Tom Robinson Band(Sing if You're Glad to be Gay) was gay, now he isn't.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/12 at 4:38 pm

Really?  I think fraud is a little harsh.  I mean, seriously, who the heck cares? 

Well IF (and that is a big IF) the rumors were true and he was gay, the marriage would be a fraud.  I mean, why would they put on such a sham?  Normally it would not be our business except they milked the marriage for PR purposes etc.

That said I doubt that he's of the gay persuasion.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/23/12 at 12:12 pm

I don't get the impression that Matthew Broderick was/is gay. I do have the impression that John Travolta, Tom Cruise, and Ryan Seacrest are gay though. And to be honest, I don't care if any of those 3 or anybody is gay, I thinking being yourself is a great thing.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/23/12 at 1:29 pm

I don't get the impression that Matthew Broderick was/is gay. I do have the impression that John Travolta, Tom Cruise, and Ryan Seacrest are gay though. And to be honest, I don't care if any of those 3 or anybody is gay, I thinking being yourself is a great thing.

I agree. I wish all gay people could be open and happy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/12 at 9:08 pm

I thought he was bi.

Not like it makes a difference to me or nothin'.

Check for new replies or respond here...