inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bjork undergoes throat surgery

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/12 at 6:05 am

Singer Bjork has revealed she has had successful surgery to remove a polyp on her vocal cords.

The Icelandic star had been trying to manage the polyp, which was discovered by doctors about four years ago, with diets and exercise.

The 47-year-old decided this year to undergo laser surgery, after being forced to cancel some performances of her Biophilia show in April.

"I have to say, in my case anyway: surgery rocks!" she wrote online.

"I stayed quiet for three weeks and then started singing and definitely feel like my cords are as good as pre-nodule," the singer continued.

"It's been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again."

The performer, whose music career took off with pop group The Sugarcubes, opened her latest world tour in Manchester in July 2011.

In October last year she released Biophilia, a concept album about nature with songs inspired by such themes as DNA, tectonic plates and crystals

"I'm sorry I had to cancel stuff earlier in the year - didn't want to talk about this until I knew for sure if it would work," she wrote.

"So looking forward to singing for you in 2013."

Bjork joins a number of musicians who have had surgery on polyps - fleshy, non-cancerous growths that usually form on the vocal cords.

Last year Adele had minor surgery to remove a benign polyp, as did Australian country singer Keith Urban.

An operation to remove a small polyp from Dame Julie Andrews' vocal chords in the late 1990s caused serious damage to her voice.

The actress later took legal action against two doctors at New York's Mount Sinai hospital.

Subject: Re: Bjork undergoes throat surgery

Written By: 80sfan on 11/23/12 at 12:07 pm

I remember her back in the 90s, i wonder how long her career has lasted.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/23/12 at 1:29 pm

I remember her back in the 90s, i wonder how long her career has lasted.

She still has a strong influence on today's musicians.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/12 at 9:10 pm

Thank God the surgery was a success.  Bjork is one of the best in the biz!
:)

Written By: belmont22 on 11/26/12 at 1:22 am

Thank God the surgery was a success.  Bjork is one of the best in the biz!
:)

Agreed!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...