inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fashion is changing

Written By: Slim95 on 11/26/12 at 9:15 pm

It seems like fashion is really changing. It's becoming weirder, kinda hippy and quirkier. It seems like stripes and 20th century style clothing is becoming more popular and fashion really becoming more formal overall. Do you see fashion changing and do you think there will be a big change in fashion for the 2010's in general?

Subject: Re: Fashion is changing

Written By: belmont22 on 11/26/12 at 9:21 pm

What is 20th century style clothing? That's a vast range. I think fashion has been changing for some years now, but you still see a lot of people dressed very plainly.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/26/12 at 9:25 pm

What is 20th century style clothing? That's a vast range. I think fashion has been changing for some years now, but you still see a lot of people dressed very plainly.

Early 20th centuary I mean. I don't know I noticed it becoming less 2000'sy  ;D

Written By: belmont22 on 11/26/12 at 9:27 pm

It has been becoming more colorful, I see people wearing bright cyan and pink shirts, that would have been laughed out 10 years ago. And I notice women's fashion has become less revealing, those shirts that expose belly buttons look of another era now.

One thing that's stayed the same or even increased though, is the prevalence of tattoos and piercings. Doesn't seem like there's been a reaction against that yet, in fact 10 years ago seems relatively body mod-less compared to today!  :o

Written By: Inertia on 11/27/12 at 5:37 am

When I think of early 20th century, I think of Edwardian style. We do not dress in such a way anymore. ;\

Women do not wear corsets and long dresses. Men do not wear evening suits and spats in daily dress.

Which decade are you talking about? I don't even think we dress similar to the 1920's or 1930's either.

Written By: Shiv on 11/27/12 at 1:58 pm

Fashion has become a lot more formal again compared to the mid 90s-late 00s. Blazers have made a big comeback with men, both mens and womens fashion is more conservative and colors and prints have gotten louder.

Tattoos have gotten really popular with women over the past 2 or 3 years, unfortunately. I hope it's short lived 8-P

Written By: belmont22 on 11/27/12 at 2:20 pm

Fashion has become a lot more formal again compared to the mid 90s-late 00s. Blazers have made a big comeback with men, both mens and womens fashion is more conservative and colors and prints have gotten louder.

Tattoos have gotten really popular with women over the past 2 or 3 years, unfortunately. I hope it's short lived 8-P

I also noticed those gauge piercings that create huge holes in your ears are popular now. I remember the first time I saw one of those, I was at a ski resort with my dad, back in 2007. I'm sure they existed before but they were probably pretty rare. I remember how disgusted by it I was.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/12 at 4:37 pm

Steampunk Style is still all the rage. I like going to work wearing a set of goggles on my head like that dude from VH1's Pickup Artist reality show.  8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/12 at 6:12 pm

Steampunk Style is still all the rage. I like going to work wearing a set of goggles on my head like that dude from VH1's Pickup Artist reality show.  8)

Steampunk is cool!

http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/SP_Fashion.jpg

Written By: thenewtattoo on 11/28/12 at 7:15 pm

Steampunk is cool!

http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/SP_Fashion.jpg

no lol

Check for new replies or respond here...