inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2013 predictions

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/28/12 at 5:56 am

Now that 2013 is just over a month away, and assuming the world does not end on 12/21, what are your predictions for next year? Musically, I'm not sure how much it will change, but I'm guessing less Lady Gaga and LMFAO type of stuff and more indie rock and some other type of dance pop, and more hip-hop and R&B. I also think Gangnam Style will be forgotten as a past fad. With movies, its easier to predict. Promising titles coming to theaters next year include: Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness, 300: Rise of an Empire, Fast and the Furious 6, Oz: Great and Powerful, Hangover III, Scary Movie 5, and a few others. With sports, I predict the Atlanta Falcons will win the Superbowl :).

Subject: Re: 2013 predictions

Written By: warped on 11/28/12 at 6:28 am

My warped 2013 predictions:

- Charlie Sheen will become a Catholic priest and leader of the Republican tea party movement
- Fox News will hire Mitt Romney as it's anchor
- A new Movie "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" starring Marilyn Manson will be #1 for 12 weeks
- Linsay Lohan will become a monk and move to the rugged mountains of Nepal, where she will open a monastery.
- In a bizarre ceremony, Danny Bonaduce will marry Dustin Diamond in front of the largest television audience ever.
- Rap, Hip Hop, Techno music will fall and never be heard from again, 1930s “Big band music” will be a trend that will last until the year 4620
- After getting off to an 0-34 start, the New York Yankees will hire Fidel Castro as their manager
-Mick Jagger quits the Rolling Stones after 50 years and Justin Bieber becomes their new lead singer on June 14th
-On June 15th, Keith Richards, Ron Wood & Charlie Watts quit the Rolling Stones
-Jimmy Hoffa is spotted at a McDonalds in Topeka Kansas with Elvis, furiously arguing with the owner, demanding the McPizza.
-Britney Spears joins the LA Lakers for their playoff run, replacing Kobe Bryant who has moved to North Korea to join his good friend Kim Jong Eun
-Mitt Romney’s birth certificate discovered and reveals that he in fact…was born in Kenya.
-Starbucks & "Chick-fil-a" merge together to create a huge restaurant called “Chick-a-fukks”

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/28/12 at 5:14 pm

-Jimmy Hoffa is spotted at a McDonalds in Topeka Kansas with Elvis, furiously arguing with the owner, demanding the McPizza.

HEY!!!  >:( >:( >:(

You weren't supposed to tell anyone.  :o

Written By: belmont22 on 11/28/12 at 6:36 pm

*Carly Rae will have at least two more hits off her album
*Cheryl Cole will become popular in the US
*Imagine Dragons will continue to rack hits
*There will be several brilliant teen movies
*The war in Afghanistan will formally end

Written By: thenewtattoo on 11/28/12 at 8:59 pm

*Carly Rae will have at least two more hits off her album
*Cheryl Cole will become popular in the US
*Imagine Dragons will continue to rack hits
*There will be several brilliant teen movies
*The war in Afghanistan will formally end

No more teen movies

Written By: Dagwood on 11/28/12 at 9:16 pm

-Mick Jagger quits the Rolling Stones after 50 years and Justin Bieber becomes their new lead singer on June 14th

;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/28/12 at 11:46 pm

With sports, I predict the Atlanta Falcons will win the Superbowl :).

+1 karamels for you my good man, from a long suffering Falcons fan. ;)

Written By: Slim95 on 11/29/12 at 1:20 am

Music aint' changing guys. Get over yourselves.  :P Music doesn't just magically change in one year. It slowly transitions overtime along with pop culture in general and it wasn't until 2008 that we had a real true change in music. It may change slowly but it won't be dramatic out of nowhere. 2013 will be a fun year for me personally as I turn 18 and graduate high school. Eminem is returning for his final album and I see artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Kesha and Lady Gaga (comeback perhaps) being popular in 2013.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/29/12 at 1:56 am

No more teen movies

Why not? Teen movies can be really good.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/29/12 at 3:46 am

Music aint' changing guys. Get over yourselves.  :P Music doesn't just magically change in one year. It slowly transitions overtime along with pop culture in general and it wasn't until 2008 that we had a real true change in music. It may change slowly but it won't be dramatic out of nowhere. 2013 will be a fun year for me personally as I turn 18 and graduate high school. Eminem is returning for his final album and I see artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Kesha and Lady Gaga (comeback perhaps) being popular in 2013.

The transition has already started. 2012 already sounds a lot different from the Lady Gaga/Ke$ha dominated years of 2009/2010. Lady Gaga's popularity faded in 2011, and as you mentioned, it would take a comeback for her to have that kind of popularity in 2013. I didn't even think 2008 had that drastic of a change, even though that was when Lady Gaga made her debut. It has been mentioned in many other threads that 2006 was a big change because of Timbaland.

I'm guessing in 2013 we will here more music like One Direction, Gotye, and CRJ (can I abbreviate her name like that? I think it would be cool  8) ;))

Written By: Emman on 11/29/12 at 3:29 pm

CONTINUED EDM DOMINANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Slim95 on 11/29/12 at 6:25 pm

CONTINUED EDM DOMINANCE!!!!!!!!!!

and Autotune :D It's actually quite interesting how not only the U.S. but many other parts of the world are dominated by EDM now. I think if somebody from the early 00's visited 2012 they would think it's so futuristic with the autotune and techno everywhere.  ;D Music really sounded that different back then that people would think it's so technologically advanced and futuristic now with EDM everywhere lol. EDM will stick around for the entire decade I think but it may slowly decrease in popularity like Crunk music did in the 2000s. 2013 is more of the same stuff with a few changes like all other years. It may be a boring year to some because there will be no Olympics and no presidential elections in the U.S. as it's the year following it.

Written By: Jquar on 11/29/12 at 9:24 pm

Music is always changing, it's just that over time people seem to forget that and tend to try to broadly categorize things into neat little musical eras, which can't really be done.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/30/12 at 10:59 am

-The economy will continue to suck.
-Lady Gaga's album will be a hit, but not as big as her other albums.

Written By: warped on 11/30/12 at 11:14 am

Lindsay Lohan might have at least 1 alcoholic beverage in 2013.

Mitt Romney will dump hundreds of cans of "Latino Spray Paint"  from an airplane, after rolling down the window exactly 47% of the way down.

Clint Eastwood will auction off a chair on ebay (only a few teeth marks on it)

Big Bird will teach us the words "up" and "down" while he rides in Mitt Romney's house elevator, and then leave a crap in it.

The ghost of Marilyn Monroe will rise from an 18th century battleship plowing through Lake Erie on the 4th of July.

A pimpled face high-school dropout will  discover that "Arby's special sauce" will cause wrinkles to go away.

Written By: meesa on 11/30/12 at 11:32 am

Mitt Romney will dump hundreds of cans of "Latino Spray Paint"  from an airplane, after rolling down the window exactly 47% of the way down.

Clint Eastwood will auction off a chair on ebay (only a few teeth marks on it)

Big Bird will teach us the words "up" and "down" while he rides in Mitt Romney's house elevator, and then leave a crap in it.

The ghost of Marilyn Monroe will rise from an 18th century battleship plowing through Lake Erie on the 4th of July.

A pimpled face high-school dropout will  discover that "Arby's special sauce" will cause wrinkles to go away.

;D ;D ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/30/12 at 12:12 pm

Hoverboards?  :-\\

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/Hoverboard%201.png

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/01/12 at 2:42 am

Hoverboards?  :-\\

Yes.

They go on sale next Monday morning after a couple of false starts, and after a year of development, speculation, and pre-ordering.  But it's official.  Mattel has produced an official, studio-authorized Hoverboards*, and they go on sale December 3, 2012, at 9:00 am PT.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2012/02/medium_db096c337fe404bebe033b8a87ffc223.jpg

*Note: The Mattel-produced, studio-authorized, Hoverboard replica prop does not actually enable the user to hover.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/06/12 at 10:44 pm

Music can change quickly in just a few years.  2008-09 saw the end of the urban dominated charts and the dawn of the age of electropop.  Given that electropop is fastly losing its appeal, we could be in for another change in the next few years.  Much of it depends on how Lady Gaga, the queen of the genre, does with her next album.  I personally think rock and rap are going to make a comeback.  Eminem is really responsible for making hip-hop the genre of the '00s.  He was the one that brought hip-hop to suburban white kids.  I hope his next album really delivers and shakes things up.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/08/12 at 1:36 pm

My prediction may or may not take place specifically in 2013 but should happen within the next 1-3 years:

I predict that the next Elvis or Beatles or Michael Jackson or Nirvana, in other words, the Next Big Thing everyone has been waiting so long for, will come out of Asia (more specifically, China, Japan, or South Korea). Just as the Beatles spearheaded the British Invasion in the 1960's, I think there's going to be an Asian Invasion in the 2010's.

Chinese Elvis is coming.  :o

Written By: warped on 12/08/12 at 3:04 pm

My prediction may or may not take place specifically in 2013 but should happen within the next 1-3 years:

I predict that the next Elvis or Beatles or Michael Jackson or Nirvana, in other words, the Next Big Thing everyone has been waiting so long for, will come out of Asia (more specifically, China, Japan, or South Korea). Just as the Beatles spearheaded the British Invasion in the 1960's, I think there's going to be an Asian Invasion in the 2010's.

Chinese Elvis is coming.  :o

Asian Beatle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgrrQwLdME8

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/12 at 7:08 pm

Speaking of Elvis.

http://www.singers.com/people/images/ElvisPresley.jpg

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 3:34 pm

How about many more? ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 3:37 pm

Speaking of Elvis.

http://www.singers.com/people/images/ElvisPresley.jpg

What's your prediction for Elvis?

Written By: warped on 12/18/12 at 8:27 pm

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y4i3aqhz1r9x8g6.gif

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/18/12 at 10:13 pm

hahahaha

Written By: Howard on 12/19/12 at 6:40 am

pregnant with 7 children?  :o ;D

Written By: warped on 12/19/12 at 3:59 pm

pregnant with 7 children?  :o ;D

Who's the father?

http://www.premierlife.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/FilipinoInmates1.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/12 at 6:40 pm

Well, in The 10th Kingdom, she did have a grandson.

Cat

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/19/12 at 7:22 pm

snow white looks diff

Written By: Howard on 12/19/12 at 7:30 pm

Well, in The 10th Kingdom, she did have a grandson.

Cat

Then she'd be a grandmother.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 12/19/12 at 9:58 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I truly wish that technology would move even FASTER than it's going to, but, anyway, here are my predictions (and some of my WISHES) for 2013 (for America, anyway):

* Lindsay Lohan will be arrested at LEAST once.

* Japanese robot companions will become more affordable to lonely Americans.

* Mall bangs will make a return (please?), but new variations on Mall Bangs will exist (Ie: "Dairy Queen"/ "Foster's Freeze" bangs, and other, twisted up to the heavens, soft-serve-inspired styles).  Even women who DON'T have bangs will rat their Front Section Pollyanna hairstyles to the sky.

* Bubble gum pink, baby blue, mint green, and banana yellow will make a return as the coolest fashion colors EVER, a la 1986!

* Mattel WILL release a My Favorite Barbie doll of the SECOND Edition of Rockers Barbie (Please, Mattel?).

* A Hunters/ Home-Protectors VS. Gun Control Supporters battle will rage in America, and Green supporters of Gun Control will outfit their children in all kinds of Bambi-inspired/ nature-themed clothing, emphasizing the innocence of both children and wild animals.  Gun show enthusiasts will face wave upon wave of angry protesters, and gun shows will have to be security-guarded, policed, etc.  G.I. Joe toys will be banned by many, many parents, and military fatigues will cease to be seen as making fashion statements.

* I will finally have the guts to leave the house dressed in "futuristic" cellophane and tin foil dresses.  Maybe I should wear such clothing on Halloween, 'cause I've always wanted to popularize both the cellophane dress and the tin foil dress, although I know that such dresses would be impractical in a bathroom.  ;D

* Scientists will develop ways by which to surgically implant tracking devices within children during the hours following their births, so that, by the year 2015, any child who is kidnapped will be able to be tracked.

* Scientists will develop a process by which any person/ couple can create a "Designer Child".  By 2020, such a baby will be able to be created, bearing the physical looks, the level of health, the personality, and even the aspirations and talents that the parents wish for him or her to bear.  By 2020, parents will also be able to choose their level of commitment to parenting, because they'll be able to "adopt" robot babies, and children, but they'll only have to keep them for as long as they wish to do so; robot technology will be improved during the year 2013, and during the following years.  Oh, and if somebody really wants to "bring their deceased child back to life," they'll be able to do so by 2020, because, during 2013, scientists will develop, and improve, a plan, by which one can clone their deceased child...at that child's present level of development, so that the clone will be an exact replica of the child as they were before they became ill (or were killed, etc.), to the extent that the clone's memory bank will be an exact replica of that of the deceased child.  Thus, if your child dies on January 1, 2020, they can literally walk back into their room, just as they could have during 2019, by January 15, 2020.

* Scent chips will be able to be surgically implanted under one's skin, so that if you wish for your skin to exude the scent of Country Vanilla, that wish can be granted.  Oh, and these chips will be able to be programmed, so that if you wish for, say, your lower abdomen to be more heavily scented, thus helping you to attract suitors, that wish can be easily granted.  During regular check-ups, your doctor will be able to program a different scent for you, so that if you wish to be scented like Cherry Pie, after being scented like Country Vanilla for a year, you can easily switch scents.  Celebrities will try to convince people to have THEIR scents implanted underneath their skin.

* Single mothers will start arranging to live with both their Co-Habitation partners AND their Baby Daddies, so that their childrens' lives will be sufficiently supplemented, and parents will begin allowing children 10 and older to live with their friends' families for long stretches of time.  It will become commonplace for a 12-year-old girl to live at her 13-year-old boyfriend's house, with his family, for a year or so.

* American men will buy into the no-chest-hair-on-men fad, forever destroying my best fantasies about them!  Nooo!  I really hope that men DON'T buy the No-No in droves!

* Mobs of homeless, jobless, and/ or runaway Americans will inhabit foreclosed businesses, and a sort of "Rebel Without A Cause" scene will be prevalent, with tons of babies being born in abandoned buildings, homes, etc. to unmarried, unemployed couples between the ages of 12 and 75.

* The birth control debate ("Which gender should take the birth control?") will be ended when gallons of birth control fluids are dumped into the American milk supply, to be consumed by both men and women.

* Women will become so fed up with the color pink, and the fact that it represents every female idea BEYOND breast cancer awareness, that even though they'll keep pink as the representative color for breast cancer awareness, they'll start wrapping baby girls in colors other than pink, and some other color will start becoming the hot color for girls, and women, to wear.  I vote for yellow!

* Ladies who are former inmates will adopt the color orange as a fashions statement, and Linday Lohan will officially be crowned "The Patron Saint of Female Inmates"!  Lady Gaga will get in on the act by wearing two scooped-out orange peels as a bra and an orange bedpan as a bussle.

* As the Anti-Christian sentiment grows, Christians will awaken on Christmas Eve 2013 to find mobs burning Christmas trees on their lawns.  "Christian Shelters" will be built, allowing Christians to celebrate Christmas in their basements.

* Weird Al Yankovich will adopt a Ryan Seacrest hairstyle, prompting former fans to cry "Hypocrite!"

* Johnny Depp will appear in a movie with Justin Bieber, outraging Freddy Highmore when he calls Bieber "The NEW Freddy Highmore!" and "my FAVORITE person!"

* Lady Gaga will remake the song "Doctorin' the House" with Justin Bieber, P Diddy, and Taylor Swift.  ;D

I wish that I could make some brighter predictions, but America's sanity died during 1999, and America died on 9-11.  If we can't dig ourselves out of this eyebrow-deep pile of horse pucky, then we're either gonna have to "enjoy" or make everything better.
8)             

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/19/12 at 11:11 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I truly wish that technology would move even FASTER than it's going to, but, anyway, here are my predictions (and some of my WISHES) for 2013 (for America, anyway):

* Lindsay Lohan will be arrested at LEAST once.

* Japanese robot companions will become more affordable to lonely Americans.

* Mall bangs will make a return (please?), but new variations on Mall Bangs will exist (Ie: "Dairy Queen"/ "Foster's Freeze" bangs, and other, twisted up to the heavens, soft-serve-inspired styles).  Even women who DON'T have bangs will rat their Front Section Pollyanna hairstyles to the sky.

* Bubble gum pink, baby blue, mint green, and banana yellow will make a return as the coolest fashion colors EVER, a la 1986!

* Mattel WILL release a My Favorite Barbie doll of the SECOND Edition of Rockers Barbie (Please, Mattel?).

* A Hunters/ Home-Protectors VS. Gun Control Supporters battle will rage in America, and Green supporters of Gun Control will outfit their children in all kinds of Bambi-inspired/ nature-themed clothing, emphasizing the innocence of both children and wild animals.  Gun show enthusiasts will face wave upon wave of angry protesters, and gun shows will have to be security-guarded, policed, etc.  G.I. Joe toys will be banned by many, many parents, and military fatigues will cease to be seen as making fashion statements.

* I will finally have the guts to leave the house dressed in "futuristic" cellophane and tin foil dresses.  Maybe I should wear such clothing on Halloween, 'cause I've always wanted to popularize both the cellophane dress and the tin foil dress, although I know that such dresses would be impractical in a bathroom.  ;D

* Scientists will develop ways by which to surgically implant tracking devices within children during the hours following their births, so that, by the year 2015, any child who is kidnapped will be able to be tracked.

* Scientists will develop a process by which any person/ couple can create a "Designer Child".  By 2020, such a baby will be able to be created, bearing the physical looks, the level of health, the personality, and even the aspirations and talents that the parents wish for him or her to bear.  By 2020, parents will also be able to choose their level of commitment to parenting, because they'll be able to "adopt" robot babies, and children, but they'll only have to keep them for as long as they wish to do so; robot technology will be improved during the year 2013, and during the following years.  Oh, and if somebody really wants to "bring their deceased child back to life," they'll be able to do so by 2020, because, during 2013, scientists will develop, and improve, a plan, by which one can clone their deceased child...at that child's present level of development, so that the clone will be an exact replica of the child as they were before they became ill (or were killed, etc.), to the extent that the clone's memory bank will be an exact replica of that of the deceased child.  Thus, if your child dies on January 1, 2020, they can literally walk back into their room, just as they could have during 2019, by January 15, 2020.

* Scent chips will be able to be surgically implanted under one's skin, so that if you wish for your skin to exude the scent of Country Vanilla, that wish can be granted.  Oh, and these chips will be able to be programmed, so that if you wish for, say, your lower abdomen to be more heavily scented, thus helping you to attract suitors, that wish can be easily granted.  During regular check-ups, your doctor will be able to program a different scent for you, so that if you wish to be scented like Cherry Pie, after being scented like Country Vanilla for a year, you can easily switch scents.  Celebrities will try to convince people to have THEIR scents implanted underneath their skin.

* Single mothers will start arranging to live with both their Co-Habitation partners AND their Baby Daddies, so that their childrens' lives will be sufficiently supplemented, and parents will begin allowing children 10 and older to live with their friends' families for long stretches of time.  It will become commonplace for a 12-year-old girl to live at her 13-year-old boyfriend's house, with his family, for a year or so.

* American men will buy into the no-chest-hair-on-men fad, forever destroying my best fantasies about them!  Nooo!  I really hope that men DON'T buy the No-No in droves!

* Mobs of homeless, jobless, and/ or runaway Americans will inhabit foreclosed businesses, and a sort of "Rebel Without A Cause" scene will be prevalent, with tons of babies being born in abandoned buildings, homes, etc. to unmarried, unemployed couples between the ages of 12 and 75.

* The birth control debate ("Which gender should take the birth control?") will be ended when gallons of birth control fluids are dumped into the American milk supply, to be consumed by both men and women.

* Women will become so fed up with the color pink, and the fact that it represents every female idea BEYOND breast cancer awareness, that even though they'll keep pink as the representative color for breast cancer awareness, they'll start wrapping baby girls in colors other than pink, and some other color will start becoming the hot color for girls, and women, to wear.  I vote for yellow!

* Ladies who are former inmates will adopt the color orange as a fashions statement, and Linday Lohan will officially be crowned "The Patron Saint of Female Inmates"!  Lady Gaga will get in on the act by wearing two scooped-out orange peels as a bra and an orange bedpan as a bussle.

* As the Anti-Christian sentiment grows, Christians will awaken on Christmas Eve 2013 to find mobs burning Christmas trees on their lawns.  "Christian Shelters" will be built, allowing Christians to celebrate Christmas in their basements.

* Weird Al Yankovich will adopt a Ryan Seacrest hairstyle, prompting former fans to cry "Hypocrite!"

* Johnny Depp will appear in a movie with Justin Bieber, outraging Freddy Highmore when he calls Bieber "The NEW Freddy Highmore!" and "my FAVORITE person!"

* Lady Gaga will remake the song "Doctorin' the House" with Justin Bieber, P Diddy, and Taylor Swift.  ;D

I wish that I could make some brighter predictions, but America's sanity died during 1999, and America died on 9-11.  If we can't dig ourselves out of this eyebrow-deep pile of horse pucky, then we're either gonna have to "enjoy" or make everything better.
8)           

=0

Written By: Howard on 12/20/12 at 7:48 am

American men will buy into the no-chest-hair-on-men fad, forever destroying my best fantasies about them!  Nooo!  I really hope that men DON'T buy the No-No in droves!

But I love my chest hair.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/12 at 7:19 am

-We will go over the fiscal cliff.
-Gas will go down to $2.70. Yeah!!
-Madonna will have tomatoes thrown at her for being annoying.
-Guns and weapons will be talked about more due the tragedy in Connecticut. Well, this is already happening.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/12 at 7:33 pm

-Guns and weapons will be talked about more due the tragedy in Connecticut. Well, this is already happening.

I agree with the 4th one.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/12 at 11:01 pm

I agree with the 4th one.

Gas already down to $3.11 from my city. I hope it goes down down down. This is the prediction I want to come true the most!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/24/12 at 4:31 pm

Gas already down to $3.11 from my city. I hope it goes down down down. This is the prediction I want to come true the most!

Just hit $2.84 at a station on my way to work.  Love it

Written By: Howard on 12/24/12 at 7:11 pm

Well In New York at some gas stations has rose close to $4.00.

Written By: Howard on 12/24/12 at 7:12 pm

I predict the bus fare to hike up another quarter to $2.75 somewhere in 2013.

Written By: warped on 12/24/12 at 8:16 pm

I predict Sarah Palin becomes a contestant on "Jeopardy" and breaks Ken Jennings's record for most wins  :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/12 at 8:25 pm

Whenever I go back up to Nebraska to visit my family, I avoid fueling up there if I can help it. Gas is usually 15 to 20 cents cheaper per gallon in Missouri, and on the way back to Kansas City today I paid $2.85 a gallon in Platte City, MO (about 20 miles north of KC on I-29).

Thank you GasBuddy!  ;)

Written By: warped on 12/24/12 at 8:31 pm

Whenever I go back up to Nebraska to visit my family, I avoid fueling up there if I can help it. Gas is usually 15 to 20 cents cheaper per gallon in Missouri, and on the way back to Kansas City today I paid $2.85 a gallon in Platte City, MO (about 20 miles north of KC on I-29).

Thank you GasBuddy!  ;)

In Toronto we are paying about $1.00 to $1.50 a gallon more than you guys. Be happy with what you have.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/12 at 9:02 pm

In Toronto we are paying about $1.00 to $1.50 a gallon more than you guys. Be happy with what you have.

But that's always been par for the course, hasn't it?

Written By: warped on 12/24/12 at 9:23 pm

But that's always been par for the course, hasn't it?

As far as I can remember, yeah. I always fill up the car when returning from the USA. But $1.50 difference is quite a but more than before.

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 7:08 am

I predict Sarah Palin becomes a contestant on "Jeopardy" and breaks Ken Jennings's record for most wins  :D

That'll never happen.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 7:09 am

I predict another actor or actress will pass away.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/25/12 at 3:26 pm

Just hit $2.84 at a station on my way to work.  Love it

Lucky you, I'm glad!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/25/12 at 3:28 pm

Thank you GasBuddy!  ;)

I hope gas doesn't go up. But I'm not optimistic either.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/25/12 at 3:41 pm

Unfortunately, this is likely.  :(

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 6:16 pm

I hope gas doesn't go up. But I'm not optimistic either.

I think so gas prices go up and so do bus fares as well.

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 6:23 pm

Unfortunately, this is likely.  :(

probable might likely:

Mickey Rooney
Jerry Lewis
Kirk Douglas

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/12 at 11:05 am

probable might likely:

Mickey Rooney
Jerry Lewis
Kirk Douglas

My mother just asked me if Mickey Rooney was still alive.

Cat

Written By: warped on 12/26/12 at 12:15 pm

Go out on a limb there, Howard. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/12 at 12:47 pm

Go out on a limb there, Howard. ;)

I predict:

-People will die.
-People will be born.
-It will rain sometime in 2013.
-It will also snow in some places.
-Many people will travel in 2013.
-A team in MLB will win the World Series.
-A team will win the Super Bowl.
-There will be 12 months in 2013.
-There will be 365 1/4 days in 2013.
-Movies will premiere.
-Songs will debut.

Oh yeah, and Barack Obama will be ingratiated for the second time.

Cat     

Written By: Howard on 12/26/12 at 2:23 pm

My mother just asked me if Mickey Rooney was still alive.

Cat

He's alive, He's 90 years old but he is in poor condition, has dementia. :(

Written By: Howard on 12/26/12 at 2:25 pm

I predict:

-People will die.
-People will be born.
-Movies will premiere.
-Songs will debut.

Cat   

Wow that sums up 2013.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/12 at 2:26 pm

He's alive, He's 90 years old but he is in poor condition, has dementia. :(

I know. When my mother asked me, I looked it up.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/25/13 at 8:08 am

2013 is coming to a close, did anyone get the predictions correct?

Written By: warped on 12/25/13 at 8:02 pm

2013 is coming to a close, did anyone get the predictions correct?

I though Miley Cyrus was gonna marry Jack Nicholson in a Chick-fil-A  (both dressed as members from "KISS") during half-time of the Super Bowl..I was wrong  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/26/13 at 7:12 am

I though Miley Cyrus was gonna marry Jack Nicholson in a Chick-fil-A  (both dressed as members from "KISS") during half-time of the Super Bowl..I was wrong  :-\\

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/13 at 10:15 am

I predict:

-People will die.
-People will be born.
-Movies will premiere.
-Songs will debut.

Cat   

WOW!!! Every single one of my predictions were spot on! Am I psychic or what?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/26/13 at 2:10 pm

WOW!!! Every single one of my predictions were spot on! Am I psychic or what?

Cat

;D

Written By: Howard on 12/26/13 at 2:11 pm

This was definitely true, and we saw plenty of them who had passed away in 2013.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/13 at 2:12 pm

I predict the bus fare to hike up another quarter to $2.75 somewhere in 2013.

I got this wrong.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/13 at 2:13 pm

and they sure did in 2013 as we saw plenty of more gun violence this past year.

Written By: warped on 12/27/13 at 5:46 pm

- Charlie Sheen will become a Catholic priest and leader of the Republican tea party movement
- Fox News will hire Mitt Romney as it's anchor
- A new Movie "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" starring Marilyn Manson will be #1 for 12 weeks
- Linsay Lohan will become a monk and move to the rugged mountains of Nepal, where she will open a monastery.
- In a bizarre ceremony, Danny Bonaduce will marry Dustin Diamond in front of the largest television audience ever.
- Rap, Hip Hop, Techno music will fall and never be heard from again, 1930s “Big band music” will be a trend that will last until the year 4620
- After getting off to an 0-34 start, the New York Yankees will hire Fidel Castro as their manager
-Britney Spears joins the LA Lakers for their playoff run, replacing Kobe Bryant who has moved to North Korea to join his good friend Kim Jong Eun
-Mitt Romney’s birth certificate discovered and reveals that he in fact…was born in Kenya.
-Starbucks & "Chick-fil-a" merge together to create a huge restaurant called “Chick-a-fukks”

All of mine were wrong. Still 4 days left for some of them.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/13 at 7:14 pm

It's almost time to do 2014 predictions.

Check for new replies or respond here...