inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was the last mellow/downbeat song to hit number one?

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/01/12 at 11:38 am

I think it might have been "Hey There Delilah" in 2007 :o

Seems songs only have a chance these days if they're upbeat dance pop.

Subject: Re: What was the last mellow/downbeat song to hit number one?

Written By: bchris02 on 12/01/12 at 11:53 am

I think it might have been "Hey There Delilah" in 2007 :o

Seems songs only have a chance these days if they're upbeat dance pop.

There are a lot more mellow songs coming out today than in 2009-10.  Songs like the A Team, Ho Hey, and Home by Phillip Phillips get quite a bit of radio play.  Radio is still dominated by eletropop but things are slowly changing.  Ke$ha has busted back onto the scene which will prolong the fad a bit.  The success of Lady Gaga's next album will likely determine the future of electropop. I can't see this fad lasting the entire decade.  It's already nowhere near as fresh and exciting as it was in 2009.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/01/12 at 4:10 pm

There are a lot more mellow songs coming out today than in 2009-10.  Songs like the A Team, Ho Hey, and Home by Phillip Phillips get quite a bit of radio play.  Radio is still dominated by eletropop but things are slowly changing.  Ke$ha has busted back onto the scene which will prolong the fad a bit.  The success of Lady Gaga's next album will likely determine the future of electropop. I can't see this fad lasting the entire decade.  It's already nowhere near as fresh and exciting as it was in 2009.

The amount of new sounds in electro pop now is pretty limited

Written By: Jquar on 12/01/12 at 7:48 pm

Somebody That I Used to Know? And in 2011, "Someone Like You" by Adele was a very downbeat chart topper.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/03/12 at 5:54 pm

Somebody That I Used to Know? And in 2011, "Someone Like You" by Adele was a very downbeat chart topper.

Good points.

Check for new replies or respond here...