inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Snap back hats

Written By: Jason R on 12/03/12 at 12:03 am

Did anyone notice over the last year that most teenagers wear snap back hats?  Those were dorky when I was a teen in the early 90's, fitted hats were cool, but now I guess snap backs are cool?
There are two 19 year olds at my work and they always wear snap backs backwards (I guess they should be called snap fronts ;D)  They said they never wear fitted hats anymore.
I just visited with my brother's family and my 17 year old nephew had a snap back hat (worn with the snap on the side of the front of his head).  He said that's all he wears because the plastic strap looks cool. 
I just thought it was funny how something that was dorky is now ultra cool.

Subject: Re: Snap back hats

Written By: nupur on 12/05/12 at 3:33 pm

I am excited that snapbacks are back. I bought myself a new one a few months ago. I think they have a "vintage" coolness factor these days. They're classic 90's.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/05/12 at 3:52 pm

Can someone post a picture of one?

Written By: warped on 12/05/12 at 3:58 pm

OK, a picture of one.

http://www.moviefancentral.com/images/pictures/review41174/number1.jpg?1333728695

:D

Written By: belmont22 on 12/05/12 at 9:38 pm

OK, a picture of one.

http://www.moviefancentral.com/images/pictures/review41174/number1.jpg?1333728695

:D

Alright, that was kinda funny I guess.  ;)

Written By: RG1995 on 12/06/12 at 4:17 pm

I see a lot of them have retro logos too.

https://fasinfrankvintage.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/deadstock_starter_snapbacks_oct2011_9913.JPG

Written By: nupur on 12/07/12 at 10:56 am

They SNAP in the BACK. Snapback.

http://www.wholesaleusahats.com/images/snapbackhats/nba_snapback_hats/boston_celtics/boston_celtics_134.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 12/07/12 at 6:36 pm

I hated them, the cheap plastic didn't last, thank god for velcro. 

Written By: whistledog on 12/07/12 at 7:13 pm

I hated them, the cheap plastic didn't last, thank god for velcro. 

Amen.  The plastic did break quite easily

Written By: Jason R on 12/12/12 at 10:04 pm

I found some old snap backs from the 90's, I gave them to my 17 year old nephew.  He said they were cool, but the brims were too curved, kids wear them flat now.  Its funny how he said that the plastic snap looks cool and that's why he wears snap backs with the snap on the front of the head.  It reminds me of when I was his age I wore my Swatch watch with the buckle side on the top of my wrist because I thought the plastic band looked cool that way, older people always teased me about that.  It was cool for a while but dorky now.

Written By: Jason R on 12/26/12 at 4:28 pm

We always get small gifts for our cousin's kids.  So this Christmas for my wife's cousin's 16 year old son we got him a snap back hat!  And he loved it.  He said everything was cool, he even mentioned the color of the plastic strap is cool.  He put it on right away (backwards of course) and kept it on all evening.  I just got a call from him to thank us again, he said when he went to his girlfriend's house the first thing she said was very cool hat.  Its good to see he liked his gift  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/26/12 at 4:31 pm

You know what's even more fun than one of those cool snap-back hats?

Registering at InThe00s.com

:)

Check for new replies or respond here...