inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rock stars turn out for superstorm Sandy benefit concert

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/12 at 11:51 am

More than $30m (£18.6m) was raised for those affected by superstorm Sandy at the 12:12:12 benefit gig in New York.

Rock royalty The Rolling Stones, The Who, Michael Stipe, Chris Martin, Bruce Springsteen and Roger Waters played at Madison Square Garden.

The surviving members of Nirvana, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, joined Sir Paul McCartney on stage to perform.

The storm caused the deaths of 120 people when it hit the Caribbean and US in October

After the show, Grohl spoke about teaming up with Sir Paul for the new track Cut Me Some Slack.

Speaking to Billboard, Grohl said: "It's funny because I think people were expecting us to do a Beatles song or a Nirvana song but when I first called Paul to see if he would jam with us, none of us wanted to do a Beatles song or a Nirvana song.

"We wanted to do a new song, so we wrote and recorded a new song in a day and it's heavy as..."

Full Report

Check for new replies or respond here...