inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: David Hasselhoff to read CBeebies' bedtime story

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/12 at 10:28 pm

Former Baywatch star David Hasselhoff is to read a book as part of CBeebies' Bedtime Stories series.

The actor will read My Friend Nigel, by Jo Hodgkinson, in the programme to be broadcast on New Year's Eve.

The book tells of a boy called Billy who rescues a snail - used as an ingredient in his parents' magic spells - to keep as a pet.

Other stars to be reading bedtime stories over the festive period include Lulu, Emilia Fox and Sir Derek Jacobi.

"I think it is so important for children to become familiar with books from an early age," Hasselhoff said.

"As a child I used to love reading 'Twas The Night Before Christmas and I can still recite all the words today."

Bernard Cribbins, Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor and Boardwalk Empire star Stephen Graham will also feature in the coming weeks.

Take That frontman Gary Barlow and former Doctor Who David Tennant have previously read CBeebies Bedtime Stories at Christmas.

Check for new replies or respond here...