inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will Cloud Computing become big for the 2010's?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/07/13 at 12:36 am

Do you think Cloud Computing and using the drive is the next big thing for the Internet and a major tool for the 2010's decade? I think cloud computing is becoming bigger and bigger and I can see it becoming fully mainstream this decade and something that the 2010's may be known for.

Subject: Re: Will Cloud Computing become big for the 2010's?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/07/13 at 1:43 am

Do you think Cloud Computing and using the drive is the next big thing for the Internet and a major tool for the 2010's decade? I think cloud computing is becoming bigger and bigger and I can see it becoming fully mainstream this decade and something that the 2010's may be known for.

Lets hope not. Clown Computing is a terrible way to secure your data, and the existence of enormous data stores like them present an irresistible target for hackers.

General Patton put it best:  "Fixed fortifications are a monument to man's stupidity. "

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/07/13 at 1:38 pm

Lets hope not. Clown Computing is a terrible way to secure your data, and the existence of enormous data stores like them present an irresistible target for hackers.

General Patton put it best:  "Fixed fortifications are a monument to man's stupidity. "

i hope not

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/07/13 at 2:02 pm

As long as I don't get a MUCH faster internet connection (which is not that normal in the country), I also hope not...

Written By: Slim95 on 01/07/13 at 6:19 pm

I like the concept as the Internet is everywhere and a big tool for our lives and we have to get used to that. I do hope it becomes big as it will be very convinient to get files from one location to another without physical media like a flash drive. I like using it for sure. As for privacy, it's not like social networking sites and Google are anymore private for people if you think about it. It's just what the future is like. It doesn't mean you can't store files to your personal computer for things that need to be kept private. You can always have that option regardless of the fate of cloud computing.  :P

Written By: Howard on 01/07/13 at 7:34 pm

What's Cloud computing? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 01/07/13 at 8:32 pm

What's Cloud computing? ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing

Written By: kairosan on 01/09/13 at 4:04 am

Actually, they are pushing it to be the premiere technology for servers-hard-drive storage and data. So yes. All apart of Internet 2.

Check for new replies or respond here...