inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Justin Timberlake Suit & Tie

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/10/13 at 12:59 am

Justin Timberlake has taken a departure from music to pursue his acting career. According to Radio Now 97.9, JT is planning to break his hiatus with a new single on Thursday.

Details on the track are very little; however, hip-hop insiders on Twitter have confirmed that both Jay-Z and Timbaland will be featured. Timberlake himself tweeted the news to his followers, which means fans will finally hear some new music from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3eZ5sanyiI#!

http://www.soulculture.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/justin_timbaland.jpg

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/01/justin-timberlake-reportedly-to-release-new-single-tomorrow/

Subject: Re: Justin Timberlake feat Jay Z w/ Timbaland NEW ALBUM

Written By: joanne on 01/10/13 at 11:08 am

R u using Starbucks wifi i think i see u writing this lol

But yeah really excited !!!!!!!!!

Subject: Re: Justin Timberlake feat Jay Z w/ Timbaland NEW ALBUM

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/10/13 at 11:10 am

R u using Starbucks wifi i think i see u writing this lol

But yeah really excited !!!!!!!!!

I always use Starbucks wifi lol
Half the time im in Starbucks when replying on this site lol

oh and look what he posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3eZ5sanyiI#!

Subject: Re: Justin Timberlake is BACK BITCH

Written By: 80sfan on 01/10/13 at 12:15 pm

He REALLY takes his time with his music, wow.

I like it when artists actually care about the quality of their album instead of releasing crap a year later, or something like that.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/10/13 at 4:17 pm

I like it when artists actually care about the quality of their album instead of releasing crap a year later, or something like that.

This is his first album since future sex love sounds

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/13 at 10:51 pm

Oh, I thought it said Justin Timberlake is a BLACK...never mind.
:-\\

Written By: whistledog on 01/10/13 at 11:11 pm

Justin Timberlake is back ?? ??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KXjHlfWCd6w/TbhZL0A58tI/AAAAAAAAB0g/nEUZPf-X794/s1600/omg+who+the+hell+cares.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 01/11/13 at 1:03 am

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KXjHlfWCd6w/TbhZL0A58tI/AAAAAAAAB0g/nEUZPf-X794/s1600/omg+who+the+hell+cares.jpg

I care. Although I think his mom cares more! :D

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/11/13 at 11:45 am

He has been a trending topic for  3 days on twitter          i think the world cares ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/11/13 at 7:46 pm

I agree with you.

Written By: Starde on 01/11/13 at 10:38 pm

So glad that the only Justin I actually give a damn about is back! Same with Destiny's Child! 8)

Written By: belmont22 on 01/11/13 at 11:07 pm

Can't believe it's been 6+ years since FutureSexLoveSounds came out. It should be interesting to see if JT stays relevant in the 2010s or if he turns out to be a '00s has-been.

Written By: Emman on 01/12/13 at 5:53 am

Can't believe it's been 6+ years since FutureSexLoveSounds came out. It should be interesting to see if JT stays relevant in the 2010s or if he turns out to be a '00s has-been.

I definitely think SexyBack and Your Love were pretty innovative at the time, I can't imagine those songs coming out in 1998 when he was in Nsync.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/12/13 at 11:04 am

I definitely think SexyBack and Your Love were pretty innovative at the time, I can't imagine those songs coming out in 1998 when he was in Nsync.

I agree they sounded different from most of the music from that time.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/12/13 at 12:57 pm

they were, you can trace dance pop back 2 2006  so basicly timbaland started it

Written By: Brian06 on 01/12/13 at 1:03 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing this. Futuresex/Lovesounds was a good album, it seems like literally yesterday when the singles were all over radio. I remember hearing SexyBack for the first time on the radio in like July 2006.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/12/13 at 10:22 pm

Never cared for Justin Timberlake but he sure is better than Justin Beiber.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/12/13 at 10:23 pm

they were, you can trace dance pop back 2 2006  so basicly timbaland started it

But 2008 is when it really started

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/12/13 at 11:15 pm

But 2008 is when it really started

nope 2006

Written By: Slim95 on 01/12/13 at 11:35 pm

nope 2006

In 2006 and 2007 I still heard slow songs on the radio like Irreplaceable by Beyonce. But 2008 is when it really changed when Lady Gaga released the song Just Dance during the second half of the year and Chris Brown's song Forever was very popular.

Written By: RG1995 on 01/12/13 at 11:42 pm

You mean that guy from *NSYNC?

jk

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/12/13 at 11:48 pm

In 2006 and 2007 I still heard slow songs on the radio like Irreplaceable by Beyonce. But 2008 is when it really changed when Lady Gaga released the song Just Dance during the second half of the year and Chris Brown's song Forever was very popular.

The reason why Just Dance was a dance song  was because of sexy back and man eater

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/13/13 at 11:08 am

nope 2006

I say it started in 2005 with "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot feat. Ciara or the Pussycat Dolls. But the Timbaland/Justin Timberlake/Nelly Furtado combo was like its own separate genre, a mix of hip-hop and dance pop.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/13/13 at 2:18 pm

Well I don't know if dance pop is the same as electro-pop but there have been many popular dance songs out even in the 90's. There just wasn't the autotune that came with it. Like Promiscuous and Sexy Back were fast songs but they didn't have the same effect as songs today like with autotuned vocals and stuff.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/13/13 at 2:26 pm

Well I don't know if dance pop is the same as electro-pop but there have been many popular dance songs out even in the 90's. There just wasn't the autotune that came with it. Like Promiscuous and Sexy Back were fast songs but they didn't have the same effect as songs today like with autotuned vocals and stuff.

Gaga said in an interview the songs that Timbaland was making  made her want to make a  song similar to that

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/13/13 at 2:27 pm

I say it started in 2005 with "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot feat. Ciara or the Pussycat Dolls. But the Timbaland/Justin Timberlake/Nelly Furtado combo was like its own separate genre, a mix of hip-hop and dance pop.

it started in 2006  even on popjustice and all forums  everyone credits  FS/LS  as where dance pop started

Written By: Howard on 01/13/13 at 3:16 pm

You mean that guy from *NSYNC?

jk

and the guy who helped Janet Jackson cover her boob.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/13/13 at 4:32 pm

I wonder if it will be popular or if Justin Timberlake simply isn't cool to Gen Z.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/13/13 at 5:36 pm

I wonder if it will be popular or if Justin Timberlake simply isn't cool to Gen Z.

timberlake has been a trending  topic on twitter for  3 days now

Written By: Slim95 on 01/13/13 at 6:30 pm

and the guy who helped Janet Jackson cover her boob.

;D

Written By: belmont22 on 01/13/13 at 6:49 pm

timberlake has been a trending  topic on twitter for  3 days now

Oh wow. I've heard kids don't really like Twitter though. Should be interesting to see how his album fares.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/13/13 at 6:55 pm

Oh wow. I've heard kids don't really like Twitter though. Should be interesting to see how his album fares.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>what

LOL  all those beiber stans on twitter

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/14/13 at 12:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJo6zrv1vw

Subject: Re: Justin Timberlake Suit & Tie OUT NOW

Written By: RG1995 on 01/14/13 at 2:49 pm

I like it.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/14/13 at 4:01 pm

I like it.

it aint sexy  back            but is that a bad thing?

Written By: RG1995 on 01/14/13 at 4:50 pm

it aint sexy  back            but is that a bad thing?
It's different, which is better than the stale dance-pop that's been dominating for the last four years.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/14/13 at 5:07 pm

It's different, which is better than the stale dance-pop that's been dominating for the last four years.

I don't really like it but if this song becomes big we can surely say that mainstream music changed big time in 2013. Electro pop is going to die this year I believe. Music is going into the slower, more relaxed direction. Even Rihanna's and Destiny's Child's new songs are sounding different and changed since the last 4 years into the new music style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njjBfBAQPNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gB_d5lnXZg

Still some electronic elements but slower and no autotune effects!  :D

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/16/13 at 10:06 am

relaxed def contrasts to the  4 on the floor  late 00s to early 10  dance music

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/13 at 10:52 am

It reminds me of Fred Astaire and 1940s jazzy songs, etc, etc. But modernized!!

It took me about 4 listens to get used to it. But it's creative, and I like it now.

What's weird is that Justin Timberlake's first single from his albums are always the kind of songs you have to listen to like at least 3 times to get used to it. His 2002 single 'Like I love you' was weird and strange when I first heard it, and so was Sexxy Back.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/16/13 at 11:42 am

It took me about 4 listens to get used to it. But it's creative, and I like it now.

What's weird is that Justin Timberlake's first single from his albums are always the kind of songs you have to listen to like at least 3 times to get used to it. His 2002 single 'Like I love you' was weird and strange when I first heard it, and so was Sexxy Back.

ppl hated sexy back when it first came out in july of 2006 ,  3 weeks later everyone loved it and was playing everywhere in every cvs in every best buy in every mall

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/16/13 at 9:26 pm

rip dance pop

Subject: Re: Justin Timberlake Suit & Tie

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/13 at 10:28 pm

SHAKE YER TIMBERLAKE!

http://dailyhighfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/justin-timberlake-dancing-on-stage.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 01/16/13 at 10:33 pm

I think this may be a summer hit. The style is nice and refreshing. Hopefully there will be more songs like this on the radio.

Written By: tv on 01/17/13 at 6:38 pm

ppl hated sexy back when it first came out in july of 2006 ,  3 weeks later everyone loved it and was playing everywhere in every cvs in every best buy in every mall
I liked "Sexy Back" back then. Sounded fresh at that time.

Written By: tv on 01/17/13 at 6:43 pm

Well he was getting married and I think did a movie in his 6 year break from music. Yeah I agree though at least he didn't put out an album just for the sake of haing something out there though.

Written By: Emman on 01/17/13 at 7:31 pm

It's not bad, reminiscent of '70s soul without being at all retro, I like the electronic harp glissando and echoed snare, but his new single is not a redefinition of R&B/dance that his fans and the media expects from him(and Timbaland ;)).

It doesn't break new ground like Cry Me A River and SexyBack did when they were released in their respective periods(early '00s, mid/late '00s).

I actually thought he was going to release some euro-techno sounding stuff(to keep up with the times), in the vein of David Guetta ;D.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/17/13 at 9:15 pm

It's pretty good, it's like an old school soul feel but still fresh. It doesn't really break new ground as other modern artists have gone this route before, but it's good.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/21/13 at 2:19 pm

It's pretty good, it's like an old school soul feel but still fresh. It doesn't really break new ground as other modern artists have gone this route before, but it's good.

The song is slipping on the charts rather fast/........................... :-\\

Written By: Starde on 01/24/13 at 5:40 pm

How is it doing on the charts? Has it received radio airplay already? I don't know why a bunch of people are bitching about the song, but I love it (even though the Jay-Z part is kinda weak). I guess most people were expecting him to join the EDM train. In fact, I was expecting it too just because everyone has been doing it, but I love that he surprised everyone and went in a different direction. Seems like he's going back to his Justified roots. I'm digging the chill, old school 70's soul feel (sounds like the song sampled "More, More, More" by The Andrea True Connection a bit). I hope people give it a couple of listens before they write it off completely just because it doesn't have an electro beat or something. ::)

Written By: Emman on 01/24/13 at 6:52 pm

I'm digging the chill, old school 70's soul feel (sounds like the song sampled "More, More, More" by The Andrea True Connection a bit).

Yeah the echoed snare sound was used a lot in the '70s with artists like Marvin Gaye, the song actually sounds like Gaye's style he had in his mid '70s disco period when he was working with Leon Ware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnvbHkeeTM

Written By: 80sfan on 01/24/13 at 10:29 pm

The song is number 4 in America, so it's a hit!!

Written By: RG1995 on 01/25/13 at 7:52 pm

The song is number 4 in America, so it's a hit!!
Most of the airplay is based on hype of his first single in years though.

Written By: kairosan on 01/26/13 at 10:15 am

I've heard the song and it seems to stand-out a bit but not entirely.
Justin is trying too hard to prove he's still relevant.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/26/13 at 9:19 pm

The song is very popular on the radio.

Check for new replies or respond here...