inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you think about the song "Thrift Shop"?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/20/13 at 11:16 pm

The song Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis is at #2 in the charts. I think it's a pretty unique song. The song definitely show's the Hipster culture people keep on predicting for the 2010's.  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes&lc=sTxbnG59aBn18a4A8bRgH5pWRLPTpP06_gR_4sgMJQk&feature=em-comment_reply_received&lch=email_reply&lcor=1

Subject: Re: What do you think about the song "Thrift Shop"?

Written By: Emman on 01/20/13 at 11:47 pm

I don't like the hipster influence creeping into hip-hop, any hip-hop producer that really cares about innovation and creativity needs to keep that crap away, it has already ruined rock music.

Written By: Jquar on 01/21/13 at 2:37 am

Macklemore was already pretty big here in the PNW so it's cool to see him having so much national success all of a sudden.

Written By: yearofthemonkey on 01/21/13 at 3:38 am

Macklemore was already pretty big here in the PNW so it's cool to see him having so much national success all of a sudden.

Yeah, its nice to finally have a hit-producing rapper other than Sir Mix-a-Lot, coming from the Northwest.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/21/13 at 2:16 pm

Oh interesting, I live in Portland but I've never heard of him until recently. Do you live in Oregon or Washington?

Written By: Jquar on 01/22/13 at 2:39 pm

Oh interesting, I live in Portland but I've never heard of him until recently. Do you live in Oregon or Washington?

I live in Vancouver, WA during the summer so right across the river from you. During the school year I'm up in Bellingham.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/22/13 at 2:47 pm

I live in Vancouver, WA during the summer so right across the river from you. During the school year I'm up in Bellingham.

Oh wow. I was up in Bellingham last month. Do you visit Vancouver, Canada often?

Written By: Jquar on 01/23/13 at 1:21 am

Oh wow. I was up in Bellingham last month. Do you visit Vancouver, Canada often?

1-2 times per school year. It's a great city, I actually even like it a bit more than Portland and Seattle.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/23/13 at 2:39 am

1-2 times per school year. It's a great city, I actually even like it a bit more than Portland and Seattle.

Me too.

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 02/22/13 at 7:53 pm

At first, I didn't like the song...but the more and more I listened to it, I realized how great it is. I'm not a hipster by any means, but I do love the idea of a rap song promoting secondhand stores. Maybe it's my broke college student self, but I agree that fifty bucks for a t-shirt is ridiculous. Plus the song is really catchy, funny lines, and a funny video...what's not to like?

Check for new replies or respond here...