inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Golden Earring Still Rocking It...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/13 at 5:45 am

The legendary Dutch rock band Golden Earring has recently released its latest album, "T&A" in the United States, their first release since 2003 and their 41st studio album.  I'm hoping to hear it on the airwaves soon.  :)

Kooymans, Gerritsen, Hay, and Zuiderwijk continue to rock on...  8)

Subject: Re: Golden Earring Still Rocking It...

Written By: Paul on 01/23/13 at 6:37 am

The grand old men certainly deserve some kind of recognition for longevity...

Well, longevity or not, their claim to fame is, was and always will be 'Radar Love'...and rightly so!

Written By: Howard on 01/23/13 at 6:42 am

http://www.kctunes.com/Bios/Pages/Classic/Golden%20Earring/Pictures/GoldenEarring1.jpg

Written By: Henk on 01/23/13 at 9:00 am

The legendary Dutch rock band Golden Earring has recently released its latest album, "T&A" in the United States, their first release since 2003 and their 41st studio album.  I'm hoping to hear it on the airwaves soon.  :)

Kooymans, Gerritsen, Hay, and Zuiderwijk continue to rock on...  8)

"T&A"... so that's what it's called in the U.S. of A.  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/13 at 6:06 pm

"T&A"... so that's what it's called in the U.S. of A.  ::)

I was trying to comply with the inthe00s.com terms of service by posting the abbreviated album title.  ;D

The grand old men certainly deserve some kind of recognition for longevity...

Well, longevity or not, their claim to fame is, was and always will be 'Radar Love'...and rightly so!

Let's not forget "Twilight Zone" and "Candy's Going Bad" too.

I remember the days when bands like KISS and Aerosmith were the opening act for Golden Earring.  8)

Written By: Jquar on 01/24/13 at 2:41 am

Aren't they kinda one hit wonders in the states? Twilight Zone was a big hit in 1983 but they never had much success beyond that here.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/13 at 6:11 pm

I just listened to "Twilight Zone". That song has a killer beat to it... unrelenting. And of course the Golden Earring signature guitar solo during the bridge.  8)

If that song, or Radar Love, came out today... They'd still be huge hits.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/13 at 9:17 pm

Aren't they kinda one hit wonders in the states? Twilight Zone was a big hit in 1983 but they never had much success beyond that here.

They also had Radar Love in the 70s.  Apart from those two, nothing else was known in North America, other than those Golden Earring fans who proactively listened to their other works.

I have their 1984 album called N.E.W.S. on cassette, and it featured single called When the Lady Smiles that reached the lower end of the US Hot 100

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/13 at 6:53 pm

These guys have been around since before even the Rolling Stones came out.  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/13 at 7:59 pm

Good for them!  I remember "Twilight Zone" was a surprise comeback hit after they'd been written off as over-the-hill, and that was 30 years ago!  The album already hit #1 in the Netherlands.  Hey, you never know...
:)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Tits_%27n_Ass.jpg

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/13 at 6:58 am

Good for them!  I remember "Twilight Zone" was a surprise comeback hit after they'd been written off as over-the-hill, and that was 30 years ago!  The album already hit #1 in the Netherlands.  Hey, you never know...
:)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Tits_%27n_Ass.jpg

George was only 13 and Rinus was only 15 when they founded the band.

Written By: Paul on 02/01/13 at 4:05 am

They also had Radar Love in the 70s.  Apart from those two, nothing else was known in North America, other than those Golden Earring fans who proactively listened to their other works.

They didn't even get that far in Britain...just 'Radar Love' to their hitmaking name (once in it's original version and then as a live recording) - even though they've had records released here since 1966!

If ever you need a definitive 'driving' record...'Radar Love' is it!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/13 at 6:14 pm

These guys have been around since before even the Rolling Stones came out.  :o

Even before the Flintstones came out!
:D

Written By: Howard on 02/01/13 at 7:38 pm

Even before the Flintstones came out!
:D

That's the Stone Age.

Check for new replies or respond here...