inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Internet Explorer's New Commercial: Clever or Desperate?

Written By: Starde on 01/24/13 at 5:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qkM6RJf15cg

Still sticking with Google Chrome. ;D

Subject: Re: Internet Explorer's New Commercial: Clever or Desperate?

Written By: RG1995 on 01/24/13 at 8:42 pm

I don't have a problem with it. Anything with the Oregon Trail game is a-okay in my books.  :D

What sucks is VH1 doing a premature I Love the 90s a decade to early, as it's becoming increasingly apparent that 90s nostalgia is becoming big.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/24/13 at 8:57 pm

Desperate.  And they should fire that agency. 

I still have IE on my toolbar, like an old Dodge on cinder blocks!
;D

Written By: bchris02 on 01/24/13 at 10:13 pm

I don't have a problem with it. Anything with the Oregon Trail game is a-okay in my books.  :D

What sucks is VH1 doing a premature I Love the 90s a decade to early, as it's becoming increasingly apparent that 90s nostalgia is becoming big.

At least they waited until the decade was over.

I Love the New Millennium was an embarrassment to the series and to VH1.  I hope they fired whoever came up with that idea.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/24/13 at 10:50 pm

The correct answer, of course, is desperate. No commercial for any product should ever, under any circumstances, start out with the words, "you might not remember us".

But, as someone who was being directly targeted by that ad, I have to say that it was a totally awesome trip down memory lane.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 6:48 am

The correct answer, of course, is desperate. No commercial for any product should ever, under any circumstances, start out with the words, "you might not remember us".

What's wrong with that?  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 6:49 am

I thought the commercial was pretty good.

Written By: yelimsexa on 01/25/13 at 7:18 am

I think its clever since before Windows 8, people were saying that Microsoft was stuck in the '90s, and in a move to finally be up-to-date, gag about what the '90s was like an end by showing the next generation. Of course Hungry Hungry Hippos was around well before the '90s, its a good montage for those who grew up in that decade. The only thing I would have loved to see was how Internet Explorer looked in the '90s right before they showed its current version.

Subject: Internet Explorer's new ad campaign targeting 90s kids

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/25/13 at 3:05 pm

One of my cousins posted this on facebook

http://theweek.com/article/index/239283/watch-microsofts-cloyingly-nostalgic-internet-explorer-ad-targets-90s-kids

Think they've been reading inthe00s? :D

Written By: af2010 on 01/25/13 at 3:33 pm

They might be a year or two late... Honestly the whole 90s kid nostalgia has been beat to death at this point.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/25/13 at 4:06 pm

Aren't slap bracelets an 80s thing? Other than that, I quite enjoyed that video, though I don't think it really makes any sense as far as marketing. I mean what are they trying to say, that their technology is 20 years out of date and nostalgia is the only purpose you'd ever use IE for?  ;D

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/25/13 at 4:18 pm

Great video! I can relate to almost everything. Brings back memories!

This shows again, how similar growing up in the US was in comparison to Germany.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/25/13 at 5:04 pm

Screw that. Bring back AltaVista!  ::)

http://webdoc.sub.gwdg.de/edoc/aw/ariadne/issue16/web-focus/altavista1.gif

Written By: Brian06 on 01/25/13 at 5:29 pm

I haven't used IE since 2005 and I'm not about to touch it again.  ;D

Written By: Inertia on 01/25/13 at 6:27 pm

I usually call the Internet Explorer the Micros*** Internet Exploder. I'm not a fan, and I will not switch from Google Chrome to use it again.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/13 at 7:53 pm

What's wrong with that?  ???

It's telling the consumer their product is outmoded and old hat.  Generally not a good ad strategy.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 7:56 pm

They might be a year or two late... Honestly the whole 90s kid nostalgia has been beat to death at this point.

I guess they just like the 90's?  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 7:58 pm

Of course Hungry Hungry Hippos was around well before the '90s, its a good montage for those who grew up in that decade.

Hungry Hippos was a board game from the early 1980's.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 7:59 pm

I haven't used IE since 2005 and I'm not about to touch it again.  ;D

I got rid of IE and now using Firefox.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/13 at 8:03 pm

I used to use Netscape Navigator.  What a POS!
;D

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/splashes/netscape/2.0.png

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 8:47 pm

I used to use Netscape Navigator.  What a POS!
;D

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/splashes/netscape/2.0.png

Netscape always crashed.

Subject: Re: Internet Explorer's new ad campaign targeting 90s kids

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/25/13 at 9:17 pm

oh my bad, I didnt realize a thread was already made for this

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/13 at 10:03 pm

Netscape always crashed.

It would get to 99% downloaded and then crash!

I used to sing Front 242's Don't Crash when Netscape was downloading a big file!
:-\\

Written By: belmont22 on 01/25/13 at 11:08 pm

Would you say this commercial is mostly targeting early Gen Y - ie early to mid 80s borns? I do remember most of the things there, but like for example I doubt I ever owned a fanny pack nor did I notice people carrying them around.

Same with pogs - I certainly remember them but I never played with them I don't think, I was only like 5-6 years old when the trend was at its peak. It makes me wish I was 4 or 5 years older so I could have understood the 90s in more depth.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/25/13 at 11:50 pm

Would you say this commercial is mostly targeting early Gen Y - ie early to mid 80s borns? I do remember most of the things there, but like for example I doubt I ever owned a fanny pack nor did I notice people carrying them around.

Same with pogs - I certainly remember them but I never played with them I don't think, I was only like 5-6 years old when the trend was at its peak. It makes me wish I was 4 or 5 years older so I could have understood the 90s in more depth.

Pogs are a weird case in that they were a very short lived fad that were only majorly popular everywhere for just the calender year of 1995, and maybe a little bit of late '94 and early '96. At my school, they were huge on the playground in the 1995-96 school year, and that was basically it. I got a case of Goosebumps Slammers for my birthday in the summer of 1996, and by the time school started back that fall, they were nearly useless. It happened just that fast around here. My younger brother (a '91er) is only a few years younger than me and he doesn't remember the fad at all.

I actually never got the impression that fanny packs were as big in the 90's as the nostalgia machine tells us they were. Like you, I never knew a single person in my entire life that owned one.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 12:16 am

Pogs are a weird case in that they were a very short lived fad that were only majorly popular everywhere for just the calender year of 1995, and maybe a little bit of late '94 and early '96. At my school, they were huge on the playground in the 1995-96 school year, and that was basically it. I got a case of Goosebumps Slammers for my birthday in the summer of 1996, and by the time school started back that fall, they were nearly useless. It happened just that fast around here. My younger brother (a '91er) is only a few years younger than me and he doesn't remember the fad at all.

I actually never got the impression that fanny packs were as big in the 90's as the nostalgia machine tells us they were. Like you, I never knew a single person in my entire life that owned one.

Yeah maybe it's just because they were a competitive thing and I've never been into competitive kinds of games. I mean 5 is certainly old enough that it's plausible you could have been into pogs, though I would probably say it's more of a first to fifth grade thing, maybe even sixth grade.

Yeah fanny packs probably are more of an early 90s thing too. Or maybe, like flannel, they were just so prevalent they seemed 'normal'. I used to think people exaggerated about flannel in the 90s but then I watch movies or TV shows from 1995 and yeah, it really was everywhere!

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 12:30 am

Did you know The Oregon Trail originally came out in 1971, despite it being strongly associated with the 1990s?

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/26/13 at 2:30 am

Did you know The Oregon Trail originally came out in 1971, despite it being strongly associated with the 1990s?

I did not!

Written By: af2010 on 01/26/13 at 3:33 am

Yea I remember pogs being big around that time.  I had one of those big tubes with probably hundreds of pogs, but oddly enough I don't remember ever playing the game.  I was more into collecting them I guess.

Fanny packs were actually pretty common in the early-mid 90s, especially for trips and vacations.  Anytime my family would go on vacation or to places like Six Flags, my parents always had their fanny packs ;D

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/13 at 3:37 am

That's an interesting observation! You were born in 1990, so your point of view is already a bit different.

I think it is indeed targeted on early-mid 80s borns - maybe like 83-87 (I am not sure about 82 and earlier). The commercial summerizes basically how I see kid's culture of the 90s and when I am talking about '90s kid', I mean this - nothing else and not the 1998/99-stuff (which is definetly not included in the video) 8)

If I remember correctly, I had a fanny pack and I carried my original Gameboy and games in it. How much more 90s can it get? :)

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 3:47 am

That's an interesting observation! You were born in 1990, so your point of view is already a bit different.

I think it is indeed targeted on early-mid 80s borns - maybe like 83-87 (I am not sure about 82 and earlier). The commercial summerizes basically how I see kid's culture of the 90s and when I am talking about '90s kid', I mean this - nothing else and not the 1998/99-stuff (which is definetly not included in the video) 8)

Yeah some of the stuff they mention here even goes back as far as 1989, like the slap bracelets and the reference to Pump Up The Jam. I think the era they are referencing is mostly from 1989 to 1997.

I respectfully disagree about 1998 and 1999 counting *less* though. They do seem less dated since they are quite close to the early 2000s, but I still think of those years as being more typical 90s than say, 1990 and 1991. I consider Beanie Babies and Tamagotchis just as much classic 90s toys as Pogs.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/13 at 4:00 am

I respectfully disagree about 1998 and 1999 counting *less* though.

That's probably because I am a bit biased. I was 12 and 13 in that era, so I was interested in different things then. I don't know why they excluded it - maybe because the video is made by mid 80s borns who made similar experiences?

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 4:06 am

That's probably because I am a bit biased. I was 12 and 13 in that era, so I was interested in different things then. I don't know why they excluded it - maybe because the video is made by mid 80s borns who made similar experiences?

Yes that could be it. Yeah I think if you were born in 1989 or 1990 you'd probably frame the 90s more based on the late part of it.

Even at the time I do feel like 1998 and 1999 felt less "old school" if that makes sense, even if they seem IMO equally definitive of the decade. I guess it's because even as late as 1997 you still had that connection to the 80s.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 7:00 am

It would get to 99% downloaded and then crash!

I used to sing Front 242's Don't Crash when Netscape was downloading a big file!
:-\\

Then you'd have to install it again.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 7:02 am

If I remember correctly, I had a fanny pack and I carried my original Gameboy and games in it. How much more 90s can it get?

I still have my Gameboy.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/26/13 at 7:55 am

I had a fanny pack in the '90s, those would have been big in the earlier '90s.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/13 at 8:06 am

I think I had one around 1992-1994.

Written By: Inertia on 01/26/13 at 10:39 am

I'm ashamed to say I wore a fanny pack sometimes in the 1990's.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/26/13 at 1:19 pm

I respectfully disagree about 1998 and 1999 counting *less* though. They do seem less dated since they are quite close to the early 2000s, but I still think of those years as being more typical 90s than say, 1990 and 1991. I consider Beanie Babies and Tamagotchis just as much classic 90s toys as Pogs.

I agree. I think some older 90's kids dismiss the late 90's as being all about Pokemon just because of how big it was around the turn to Y2K. I was in that transitional phase between pure kid and early teen at that time, so I can understand why some may do that, but I've just never seen it that way. To me, there are way too many other classic 90's gadgets, toys and fads from 1998 and 1999 (from Beanie Babies and Tamagotchis, to the wrestling boom, Game Boy Color, N64/PS1 era of console gaming, and Toonami) to totally separate it from the rest of the decade.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/26/13 at 1:37 pm

I loved the late '90s. But yeah 1999 and to an extent 1998 would go more with my early teens in memory than say 1994. I love the era but it's a different era than my young childhood which was great too. But I can see that that might be a reason some people around my age and a bit older might dismiss it, it's less "mysterious" and might not seem to have that "magic" the early '90s to about 1997 had as a younger child. I can relate in the sense that I can still very much imagine it being 1998 again and place myself in the era like it was yesterday, whereas 1993 or something seems like surreal old to me.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/26/13 at 1:52 pm

Weren't Beanie Babies and Tamagotchies more of a 1996-97 thing? I remember getting my first beanie baby in 1996 and my Nano Pet in the summer of 1997.

Also, to whomever said fanny packs were popular on family vacations, I concur. My mom was still wearing hers as late as our vacation in 2004 along with her visor ;D We have only gone on one vacation since then (Mexico in December of '09) and I can't remember if she wore it there or not, lol.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/26/13 at 1:54 pm

Weren't Beanie Babies and Tamagotchies more of a 1996-97 thing? I remember getting my first beanie baby in 1996 and my Nano Pet in the summer of 1997.

Also, to whomever said fanny packs were popular on family vacations, I concur. My mom was still wearing hers as late as our vacation in 2004 ;D We have only gone on one vacation since then (Mexico in December of '09) and I can't remember if she wore it there or not, lol.

Yeah around then, though that was definitely big through around 1998 (even 1999-2000 for Beanie Babies). Tamagotchis seem to kinda center around 1997 to me lol.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/26/13 at 1:57 pm

I loved the late '90s. But yeah 1999 and to an extent 1998 would go more with my early teens in memory than say 1994. I love the era but it's a different era than my young childhood which was great too. But I can see that that might be a reason some people around my age and a bit older might dismiss it, it's less "mysterious" and might not seem to have that "magic" the early '90s to about 1997 had as a younger child. I can relate in the sense that I can still very much imagine it being 1998 again and place myself in the era like it was yesterday, whereas 1993 or something seems like surreal old to me.

Oh certainly. As an '87er myself I agree that 1998 has a much more "modern" feel than 1993 just by virtue of me being 11 vs. 6. It certainly doesn't have that same "hazy" feeling as the early and mid 90's, so I can understand why those born as late as 1988, and were in junior high by 1999, might see the late 90's as being radically different than the earlier parts of the decade.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/26/13 at 2:12 pm

Yeah around then, though that was definitely big through around 1998 (even 1999-2000 for Beanie Babies). Tamagotchis seem to kinda center around 1997 to me lol.

Yeah beanie babies were definitely still big a few years later. I remember buying a dragon one on vacation to Williamsburg, VA* in the summer of 1999. Tamagotchies didn't seem to last beyond my 1st grade year ('97-'98)

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/13 at 3:02 pm

Tamagotchis seem to kinda center around 1997 to me lol.

Yeah, that's the same observation that I had. The fad was over pretty soon. I still remember how the prices went down to about 50 % within probably half a year-year.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 5:03 pm

Also, to whomever said fanny packs were popular on family vacations, I concur. My mom was still wearing hers as late as our vacation in 2004 along with her visor ;D We have only gone on one vacation since then (Mexico in December of '09) and I can't remember if she wore it there or not, lol.

Actually Beanie Babies came out in 1993! But I think 1996-99 was really their heyday, perhaps 2000 a bit but on the way out by then. They took a few years to catch on. I consider them the 90s equivalent of the Cabbage Patch Kids.

I had a cat Tamagotchi in December of 1997 but the fad definitely lasted longer than that, even into the early 2000s they were still surprisingly common I remember you could find them at Walmart and such up to at least 2002. But - they weren't "all the rage" like they were in 1997-98.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 5:10 pm

Oh certainly. As an '87er myself I agree that 1998 has a much more "modern" feel than 1993 just by virtue of me being 11 vs. 6. It certainly doesn't have that same "hazy" feeling as the early and mid 90's, so I can understand why those born as late as 1988, and were in junior high by 1999, might see the late 90's as being radically different than the earlier parts of the decade.

Even as someone born in 1990 I do agree there was something more "modern" about 1998. Maybe because that year, when I was 8 we moved from California to Montana so anything prior to March of 1998 has always seemed most like my "true" childhood.

Digital cameras and DVDs were getting somewhat common by then and the Internet was starting to become more than just a curiosity. Television was also suddenly a lot raunchier in 1998, especially considering South Park had really started getting popular by the start of that year. Shows like Roseanne and Family Matters were also off the air by 1998, both of which started in the late 80s.

So yeah I can see people saying there's something a bit less *classic* about the last couple years of the 90s. I guess you could say 1998 to 2000 was a transitional phase between the "retro" fanny pack and flannel 90s and the tech-obsessed era we've lived in for the past 12 years or so.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/13 at 6:34 pm

Digital cameras and DVDs were getting somewhat common

Really? In the US?

Digital Cameras became common in 1998?

Who actually had a digital camera in that year? There were still SO bad during that time... and also expensive.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/26/13 at 6:54 pm

Really? In the US?

Digital Cameras became common in 1998?

Who actually had a digital camera in that year? There were still SO bad during that time... and also expensive.

Okay not common, but at least fairly heard of. I think my sister had a toy one from that year, quality was not passable though aside from as a play thing.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/26/13 at 6:57 pm

Yeah common is not the right word, they first starting coming out at that time however but they were poor. Digital cameras weren't really common till the mid 00s tbh.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 7:43 pm

I still have my fanny pack.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 7:45 pm

yeah and they died out a few years later.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/26/13 at 8:25 pm

I will always stick to Chrome. It's the fastest and most efficient. I can't wait until the 2000's get remembered like the 90's if that ever happens. It would be nice for it to be my turn, yelling at 2010's kids they aren't 2000's kids.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 8:34 pm

I will always stick to Chrome. It's the fastest and most efficient. I can't wait until the 2000's get remembered like the 90's if that ever happens. It would be nice for it to be my turn, yelling at 2010's kids they aren't 2000's kids.  ;D

I like Google Chrome but I save it for just such an emergency.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/27/13 at 12:44 am

You'll get your chance probably sooner than you think. Back in the 00's, when everybody was in love with the 80's, it seemed like 90's nostalgia would never get going, but there were actually some major signs of it on sites like YouTube as early as 2008. Nostalgia "movements" (particularly of the kid variety) keep happening faster and faster nowadays because of the internet, so I don't think it would be unreasonable at all to expect some 00's kid stuff to start gaining some traction online within the next few years.

As much as I hate to contemplate it, we're probably only 2 years away from seeing "Are people born in the early 00's considered 00's kids?" posts here on this site. :(

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/27/13 at 2:56 am

Yeah common is not the right word, they first starting coming out at that time however but they were poor. Digital cameras weren't really common till the mid 00s tbh.

I had my first digital camera in 2001 and it was a 1997 model which was originally more than 6000 USD.

The first time I saw other people using digital cameras on a regular base was indeed in the mid 00s; and in the late 00s people started to get attracted by all these consumer DSLRs.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/13 at 6:48 am

As much as I hate to contemplate it, we're probably only 2 years away from seeing "Are people born in the early 00's considered 00's kids?" posts here on this site.

Yeah can't wait for that to happen.  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/13 at 10:16 am

I haven't seen it yet.  :-[

Written By: warped on 01/27/13 at 1:27 pm

As much as I hate to contemplate it, we're probably only 2 years away from seeing "Are people born in the early 00's considered 00's kids?" posts here on this site. :(

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2193788_o.gif

:D

Written By: Howard on 01/27/13 at 8:18 pm

I haven't seen it yet.  :-[

seen what?  ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/27/13 at 8:37 pm

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2193788_o.gif

:D

http://iambrony.jsmart.web.id/mlp/gif/typie.gif

Remember when animated .GIFs were the only way to do video on the web?

They're back.  The most underreported story in web/social media for 2012 was The Return of the .GIF

Written By: sonikuu on 01/28/13 at 12:48 am

Personally, I'm actually kind of tired of the whole 90s nostalgia thing.  Maybe it's cause my own personal 90s nostalgia peaked back in the 00s.  Or perhaps it's the really annoying "yay 90s kid pride" stuff.  Or maybe it's due to my own personal life being awesome and full of new experiences over the past few years, thus reducing the "need" to feel nostalgic for my childhood.

In any case, I'm over it and am actually slightly annoyed by 90s nostalgia stuff now.

Written By: belmont22 on 01/28/13 at 2:06 am

Personally, I'm actually kind of tired of the whole 90s nostalgia thing.  Maybe it's cause my own personal 90s nostalgia peaked back in the 00s.  Or perhaps it's the really annoying "yay 90s kid pride" stuff.  Or maybe it's due to my own personal life being awesome and full of new experiences over the past few years, thus reducing the "need" to feel nostalgic for my childhood.

In any case, I'm over it and am actually slightly annoyed by 90s nostalgia stuff now.

The 90s weren't even that great anyways, I mean compared to the decades prior.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/28/13 at 5:26 am

Why?

The video showed me again, how great they actually were - except maybe for music, but nobody forces you to listen to 90s music as a kid ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/28/13 at 6:32 am

The 80's were a bit better.

Written By: 1993 on 01/28/13 at 9:11 am

To be honest...Oregon Trail wasn't very big where I went to school. Though it seems like everybody else has fond memories of it.

Yo-yo's also weren't very popular...I think they had maybe a 2 week run where everybody had them and then they were nowhere to be found.

Lot of other stuff could've made it in that commercial. Gameboys, WWF action figures, NBA Jam/Sonic

Written By: 1993 on 01/28/13 at 9:51 am

It was a good mix. I mean I def had the light up sneakers, but at 13-14 I could care less about tamogotchi's. Trolls I think fall into the mid 90's. Hungry Hungry Hippos was from the 80's.

What they could've thrown in is the "talkboy" the voice distorter that MaCauley Culkin had in Home Alone. EVERYBODY had that. Also Polly Pocket/Mighty Max...Crossfire. Also Kitty/Puppy Surprise. This was huge, every girl had 'em http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efH56w7RAiE that was a true early 90's staple

also yo-yo's weren't that popular either. The "revival" was very short lived.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/28/13 at 1:36 pm

I'm starting to feel this way too. Nostalgia is supposed to be fun, but all this incessant arguing over who qualifies as a "true" 90's kid, which invariably disintegrates any 90's related conversation into people born in the late 80's attacking people born in the early 90's for claiming to be 90's kids, and people born in the early 90's attacking people born in the mid 90's for claiming to be 90's kids, and now even people born in the mid 90's attacking people born in the late 90's for claiming to be 90's kids, is completely sapping any enjoyment out of it.

I'll always be nostalgic for my own childhood years in the 90's, because that was such a great time in my life, but that "kid cred" stuff needed to stop four years ago.

Written By: RG1995 on 01/28/13 at 1:53 pm

The video is really popular. Probably 90% of them are annoying ass "90s kids". And by "90s kids", I mean the 90s kids who go on the internet and talk about being a "90s kid".

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/28/13 at 3:17 pm

seen what?  ???

I haven't seen the commercial.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 01/28/13 at 7:37 pm

Lot of other stuff could've made it in that commercial. Gameboys, WWF action figures, NBA Jam/Sonic

I agree about those.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/29/13 at 3:56 am

Gameboy should have definetly been included. Especially the original one!

Maybe they hadn't the rights...

Written By: Howard on 01/29/13 at 7:03 am

Gameboy should have definetly been included. Especially the original one!

Maybe they hadn't the rights...

Gameboy didn't come about until 1989.

Check for new replies or respond here...