inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Muhammed Ali Gravely Ill

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/13 at 6:26 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/muhammad-ali-ailing-wife-won-t-allow-family-to-see-him

Just saw this article ^^ on the web.  I have not been able to find out what disease he's supposed to have that is causing him the trouble.  He does have Parkinson's syndrome which usually portends a shorter life expectancy.  (Which sucks because my brother was diagnosed with this a couple of years ago).  :-\\

I remember back in '96 I was flying out of Picksburgh to South Bend Indiana, and headed to my airport waiting area is none other than Muhammed Ali and his wife; he definitely had a stagger and the tremors.  He was coming back to his home in Southwest Michigan after his role in the Olympic opening ceremony.  This young kid sitting next to me saw the man staggering down the aisle, and mumbled to himself "God damned drunk, they shouldn't let him on the plane.".

I turned to him and asked him "Do you have any idea who that is you're talking about?  That's Muhammed Ali and I bet that even now he could kick your ass."  The kid turned white as a sheet and said "Oh sh*t!".

Ali and his wife sat a couple rows in front of me (it was one of those regional jet jobbies), and when we were waiting for our luggage at South Bend, he graciously signed autographs and posed for pictures.  In exchange, the fans had to accept a copy of some religious materials he had.  "Fair enough," I thought.

Subject: Re: Muhammed Ali Gravely Ill

Written By: danootaandme on 02/03/13 at 6:41 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: warped on 02/03/13 at 6:44 pm

Very sad to hear. He still is the greatest.
I was fortunate to have been old enough to see him in his prime (on TV)

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/13 at 7:53 pm

sorry about your brother LB

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 6:50 am

It's sad to see Muhammad Ali in such grave condition he was definitely "The Greatest".  :(

Written By: snozberries on 02/04/13 at 7:00 am

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/02/04/muhammad-ali-daughter-dispells-rumors-famed-boxer-near-death/

Muhammad Ali's daughter knocked down rumors of her father being near death Sunday, saying he was at home watching the Super Bowl.

May May Ali said she talked to her father Sunday morning on the phone and he was fine. She said he was watching the Super Bowl at home in Arizona, wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey.

"He's fine, in fact he was talking well this morning," she said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0203/box_e_ali_gb1_400.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 02/04/13 at 7:16 am

Interesting development.  Wonder who is stretching the truth here.  I hope it is the brother.  I really hate the thought of a son being blocked from seeing his father.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 02/11/13 at 12:30 am

He's fine. Seen it on the news. They always keep up with our own louisville Lip. I met him when I was about six.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 12:35 am

He's fine. Seen it on the news. They always keep up with our own louisville Lip. I met him when I was about six.

o i see

Written By: ralfy on 06/04/16 at 1:04 am

"Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muhammad-ali-greatest-all-time-dead-74-n584776

Check for new replies or respond here...