inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2010's the R&B & Indie Decade?

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/10/13 at 9:29 pm

There is only 1 dance pop song charting on the Itunes top 10 songs in America =0
This hasn't occurred in such a long time. Any thoughts?  If this years Grammys is any indication
I would say good! We are getting pretty close to the top ten being all indie and R&B.
What are you're thoughts about R&B creeping in ?  Can you imagine if in 2 months
the chart is full of R&b and indie. Frank Ocean had a huge presence at this years grammys
as well as Miguel. I really think we will see the start of more R&b to add to the ever so
increasing indie format.  For me personally would love to see Neo soul dominate .

http://i46.tinypic.com/2jaasug.jpg

Subject: Re: For the first time in 6 Years

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/13 at 9:40 pm

There are no dance pop songs in that chart ?

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/10/13 at 10:11 pm

There are no dance pop songs in that chart ?

theres 1 swedish house

Written By: Slim95 on 02/10/13 at 10:43 pm

I knew you were trouble, Locked out of heaven and Daylight are all dance pop as well. It aint going anywhere.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/10/13 at 10:46 pm

I knew you were trouble, Locked out of heaven and Daylight are all dance pop as well. It aint going anywhere.

I knew you were trouble isn't Dance pop,  Locked out of heaven  is a pop song,    Daylight is a pop song

when i say dance pop i mean the gaga pitbull sound

Written By: Emman on 02/10/13 at 11:22 pm

I knew you were trouble isn't Dance pop,  Locked out of heaven  is a pop song,    Daylight is a pop song

when i say dance pop i mean the gaga pitbull sound

I truly think your opinion is extremely biased(on dance music fading).

Lots of other members on this very site have been saying the SAME THING FOR YEARS and it ain't happened yet, electronic dance music isn't going anywhere, it's still very popular and continues growing in popularity.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/10/13 at 11:46 pm

Lots of other members on this very site have been saying the SAME THING FOR YEARS and it ain't happened yet, electronic dance music isn't going anywhere, it's still very popular and continues growing in popularity.

Ive worked for Def Jam records for 2 years &  Sony management for 3  i think i can speak for it lol

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/10/13 at 11:47 pm

the gaga pitbull sound is dead, if it wasnt dead  wouldnt it be in the charts?  I never said dance music was dying  nor did I say edm was .I said the europop gaga sound is dead.
But based on the top 10 on itunes looks all indie

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/13 at 11:56 pm

theres 1 swedish house

swedish HOUSE

They don't call themselves Swedish Dance Pop Mafia ::)

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/13 at 11:58 pm

Ive worked for Def Jam records for 2 years &  Sony management for 3  i think i can speak for it lol

Working in the mailroom doesn't qualify you for anything.  You need to stop posting the same garbage topics over and over again.  Post something new for a change

Written By: Slim95 on 02/10/13 at 11:59 pm

the gaga pitbull sound is dead, if it wasnt dead  wouldnt it be in the charts?  I never said dance music was dying  nor did I say edm was .I said the europop gaga sound is dead.

The Billboard chart and and Top 40 are better examples for current mainstream music that is popular. The latest Billboard Top 10 still has songs that have the Pitbull and Gaga sound (Scream n Shout, Beauty and The Beat, etc.)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 12:02 am

Working in the mailroom doesn't qualify you for anything.  You need to stop posting the same garbage topics over and over again.  Post something new for a change

even tho I was signed to Def Jam records  at age 22 as a songwriter :)
Whistledog you have a lot of default pics of ppl I have worked with  kinda ironic  :D
Im not trying to toot my horn  but when you have ur default set as Havana Brown
and I had a song co wrote with her its kinda ironic. Maybe its just me.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 12:03 am

The Billboard chart and and Top 40 are better examples for current mainstream music that is popular. The latest Billboard Top 10 still has songs that have the Pitbull and Gaga sound (Scream n Shout, Beauty and The Beat, etc.)

I would still have 2 say  indie is slowly taking over, well now we can say the top ten is mostly indie

what are ur thoughts on neo soul

Written By: Howard on 02/11/13 at 6:42 am

Do you still work for them?  ???

Subject: Re: 2010's the R&B & Indie Decade?

Written By: Emman on 02/11/13 at 7:19 am

There is only 1 dance pop song charting on the Itunes top 10 songs in America =0
This hasn't occurred in such a long time. Any thoughts?  If this years Grammys is any indication
I would say good! We are getting pretty close to the top ten being all indie and R&B.
What are you're thoughts about R&B creeping in ?  Can you imagine if in 2 months
the chart is full of R&b and indie. Frank Ocean had a huge presence at this years grammys
as well as Miguel. I really think we will see the start of more R&b to add to the ever so
increasing indie format.  For me personally would love to see Neo soul dominate .

http://i46.tinypic.com/2jaasug.jpg

Those examples do not support your claim(that R&B and indie are taking over), there's only one bona fide indie song in that itunes selection, it's mostly pop and country. I do hope you know neo soul is a late '90s/early '00s style that was already popular during that time period, why are you so interested in revivalist music instead of innovative/cutting edge music? ???

Whether some like her or not, Rihanna's new album has some pretty eccentric and forward looking productions on it, even though I am not her biggest fan I can respect her for taking risks and venturing into new aural territory, most of the "indie" stuff is just(in my opinion) inferior pastiche versions(taken from styles mostly from the '60s to early '90s with little originality to show for itself). 

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 11:33 am

Those examples do not support your claim(that R&B and indie are taking over), there's only one bona fide indie song in that itunes selection, it's mostly pop and country. I do hope you know neo soul is a late '90s/early '00s style that was already popular during that time period, why are you so interested in revivalist music instead of innovative/cutting edge music? ???

Whether some like her or not, Rihanna's new album has some pretty eccentric and forward looking productions on it, even though I am not her biggest fan I can respect her for taking risks and venturing into new aural territory, most of the "indie" stuff is just(in my opinion) inferior pastiche versions(taken from styles mostly from the '60s to early '90s with little originality to show for itself).

Frank Ocean is a Neo Soul Hybrid as well as Miguel. I do hope you know that styles do come back =). "  Those examples do not support your claim" 
1) Bruno Mars- its a pop song ( No dance Elements)  2) Fall out boy- A  rock song  3) Taylor-  a pop/country hybrid  4) Tim Mgraw- Country
5)Ho Hey- Indie  6) SWedish- house    7) Maroon 5- pop  8) Thrift Shop- indie rap  9) Bruno- pop  10)Downtown-  Indie

Diamonds is a song written for Lana Del Rey ( an artist that has 60s overtones). Rhianna chose to use the song. 
Rhiannas song with Chris Brown has  Mjs  hee in it, as well as a sample of his 1984 song
One song samples Ride my pony from Ginuwine

The pic i posted was just to show that there isnt much of a Dance pop presence on itunes  top 10 at the moment.
For Edm Zedd & Skrillex do get airplay  but its on edm stations,  Unless its a  Zedd song made for Biebe. Or Nervo.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 2:15 pm

Do you still work for them?  ???

no I left awhile ago

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 2:18 pm

On another note here is the latest Itunes top 10 charts for today

& this time      no dance pop at all!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ewmhbs.jpg

Written By: RG1995 on 02/11/13 at 2:37 pm

It doesn't mean the 2010s will be dominated by R&B and Indie, but yes, the era where EVERYTHING was dance-pop (2009-to Adele) is over.

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/13 at 2:50 pm

In what capacity? Custodial? Mail room? Reception? Intern? That doesn't make you an expert

even tho I was signed to Def Jam records  at age 22 as a songwriter :)
Whistledog you have a lot of default pics of ppl I have worked with  kinda ironic  :D
Im not trying to toot my horn  but when you have ur default set as Havana Brown
and I had a song co wrote with her its kinda ironic. Maybe its just me.

No way in hell I buy this.

Written By: warped on 02/11/13 at 3:00 pm

I just thought he put that as a joke because I doubt anyone would take that seriously. I laughed when I read it. This is the same guy ( I think) who started a thread on the New haven tragic murder-suicide shootings and used it as a way to start a discussion on ending dance pop music and turned into into a new music discussion. ::) Some of you may remember that. Thank goodness that thread was blocked.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47482.0

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 4:17 pm

In what capacity? Custodial? Mail room? Reception? Intern? That doesn't make you an expert

A songwriter/Singer

Then don't

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 4:19 pm

Singer Songwriter/  Its not funny to laugh about ppl who actually have those jobs. My friend Mitch worked as a receptionist at the Def Jam offices .

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 4:31 pm

I just thought he put that as a joke because I doubt anyone would take that seriously. I laughed when I read it. This is the same guy ( I think) who started a thread on the New haven tragic murder-suicide shootings and used it as a way to start a discussion on ending dance pop music and turned into into a new music discussion. ::) Some of you may remember that. Thank goodness that thread was blocked.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47482.0

its not a joke, I have been on tour with many artists.  I could go back I suppose but right now I am busy.  ;)

http://i46.tinypic.com/egjza.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/13 at 4:53 pm

Singer Songwriter/  Its not funny to laugh about ppl who actually have those jobs. My friend Mitch worked as a receptionist at the Def Jam offices .

Nowhere did I make a joke about those professions I just have a hard time believing your claims.
Your posts read like a 16 yr old not a professional. If you really write songs that's fantastic. If you're just messing with us I hope you're having fun.

I agree with al tho an ask me thread about the music industry would be an interesting topic.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 5:07 pm

Nowhere did I make a joke about those professions I just have a hard time believing your claims.
Your posts read like a 16 yr old not a professional. If you really write songs that's fantastic. If you're just messing with us I hope you're having fun.

I agree with al tho an ask me thread about the music industry would be an interesting topic.

No one is messing with you.  I even made  a inthe00s podcast last year where
I am in the Def Jam offices recording it. I even reference Im in my office .
I did write songs I am not writing songs at the moment due to me relocating.
I dont care you  just have a hard time believing  me , You asked me if I worked
there and I replyed.   

Who has time to go in a thread and post,  " this thread sucks"  ppl sure spend alot of time
wasting energy telling a person they dont like their thread.  Dont ppl have jobs? lol If someone didnt like the thread why would they keep
lurking it over and over again lol

And yes Al  i might make that ask ask ask me thread well see ;p

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/11/13 at 5:11 pm

It doesn't mean the 2010s will be dominated by R&B and Indie, but yes, the era where EVERYTHING was dance-pop (2009-to Adele) is over.

We will see Rg =)  but have u noticed more R&B acts coming in?
by the way I made that thread u asked about

Written By: kairosan on 02/19/13 at 10:34 pm

From what I gather: The music that is coming out in May-Oct will determine how the core of the decade music will sound.
It'll probably a spacey dark-tone, indie ring to it :D

The Dance craze was for the early 2010's, As we enter into the core 2010's, you will notice that the music will be smoother and darker than it was ever before.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/24/13 at 6:37 pm

From what I gather: The music that is coming out in May-Oct will determine how the core of the decade music will sound.

The Dance craze was for the early 2010's, As we enter into the core 2010's, you will notice that the music will be smoother and darker than it was ever before.

yeah i agree

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/24/13 at 7:58 pm

Interesting...where'd you gather that information?

Written By: bchris02 on 02/25/13 at 12:11 am

We'll have to wait and see how Gaga's next album does before you can say its for sure dead.  Ke$ha's new song C'mon seems to be doing pretty well, moreso than Die Young.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/25/13 at 10:23 pm

True it has declined a bit but it's still there. I think the core year of the late 00's/early 10's is 2011 with LMFAO and Sexy and I Know It, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga dominating the air waves.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/10/13 at 12:06 am

True it has declined a bit but it's still there. I think the core year of the late 00's/early 10's is 2011 with LMFAO and Sexy and I Know It, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga dominating the air waves.

what about Miguel and Frank Ocean tho

Written By: Slim95 on 03/16/13 at 11:01 am

Indie maybe but I don't know where you got R&B from.. R&B was always around like Usher,  Chris Brown , Neyo, etc.

Written By: Emman on 03/16/13 at 4:08 pm

Indie maybe but I don't know where you got R&B from.. R&B was always around like Usher,  Chris Brown , Neyo, etc.

Don't think about it too much, none of these threads make much sense.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/16/13 at 5:22 pm

Don't think about it too much, none of these threads make much sense.

Don't think about it too much you just might  go into a thread you think sucks  and reply to something :P

Check for new replies or respond here...