inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Academy Awards 2013

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 10:54 pm

Daniel Day-Lewis receives the best actor award for Lincoln. He makes Oscar history, becoming the first man to win three best actor awards.

Subject: Re: The Academy Awards 2013

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 10:57 pm

Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas announce one of the evening's big ones - best director. And it goes to Ang Lee for Life of Pi - his second victory, after taking the award for Brokeback Mountain in 2006. He thanked "the movie god and the 3000 people who helped make the film".

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 10:57 pm

Quentin Tarantino wins the original screenplay award for Django Unchained.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 10:58 pm

The Oscar for original song goes to Skyfall. Adele and co-writer Paul Epworth take to the stage. A weeping Adele managed to thank Epworth and her boyfriend, Simon Konecki: "My man, I love you", And, getting in a few final words as she's led off stage, she waves at Hollywood's finest saying: "You're all amazing as well."

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 10:58 pm

Anne Hathaway accepts the best supporting actress award earlier for her role in Les Miserables. She said of her prostitute character: "Here's hoping that some day, in the not-too-distant future, the misfortunes of Fantine will only be found in stories and not in real life"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 10:59 pm

Daniel Radcliffe and Kristen Stewart present Lincoln with the Oscar for production design. It's the first award of the night for the biopic.

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/13 at 11:12 pm

I enjoyed Seth McFarlane as host. It was unconventional and he's an equal opportunity offender!
I love the here's to the losers song at the end.

I wish Jennifer Lawrence had a publicist who'd teach her how to give an acceptance speech. I'm sad she tripped I'm guessing it didn't help.

J. HUD killed wig her performance of And I Am Telling You!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 11:15 pm

I enjoyed Seth McFarlane as host. It was unconventional and he's an equal opportunity offender!
I love the here's to the losers song at the end.

I wish Jennifer Lawrence had a publicist who'd teach her how to give an acceptance speech. I'm sad she tripped I'm guessing it didn't help.

J. HUD killed wig her performance of And I Am Telling You!!!
I am unable watch it, the channel it is on is not available on the Cable TV, I am doing my best with the news and the Internet.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/24/13 at 11:53 pm

I'm shocked that Jennifer Lawrence won!! Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice person and I like her, but I'm surprised they gave it to her, she's only 22/23 or something like that!

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/13 at 12:03 am

I'm shocked that Jennifer Lawrence won!! Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice person and I like her, but I'm surprised they gave it to her, she's only 22/23 or something like that!

She was phenomenal in Silver Linings. For a young actress she already has an amazing body of work under her belt.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/25/13 at 12:08 am

She was phenomenal in Silver Linings. For a young actress she already has an amazing body of work under her belt.

Yes, I agree. She was amazing in Hunger Games. And I'm not even a fan of the books!

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/13 at 12:50 am

Yes, I agree. She was amazing in Hunger Games. And I'm not even a fan of the books!

Hunger games was good but I wasn't even talking about that. Or her work in Xmen First Class. I'm talking about her work in her first Oscar nominated role Winter's Bone & her early work in independent films.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/13 at 6:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Myg8GaKH6A

Seth MacFarlane "We Saw Your Boobs".

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/13 at 9:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Myg8GaKH6A

Seth MacFarlane "We Saw Your Boobs".

Somehow I knew that'd be your favorite part.  :D

Did you make a list of all the movies you hadn't seen yet?  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/25/13 at 1:51 pm

Dear Jennifer Lawrence: Please don't stop being cool.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw3VxtpzFJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQNj-gF9bfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JNpUPBiFcU

Written By: Howard on 02/25/13 at 1:54 pm

Somehow I knew that'd be your favorite part.  :D

Did you make a list of all the movies you hadn't seen yet?  ;D

No I don't go to the movies anymore, that's why I stay home, I have DVDs and watch free films on Crackle or maybe in the future download Netflix on my PS3.

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/13 at 6:31 pm

No I don't go to the movies anymore, that's why I stay home, I have DVDs and watch free films on Crackle or maybe in the future download Netflix on my PS3.

All the movies in that song can be found on dvd.

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/13 at 9:15 pm

I am still disappointed that Josh Brolin did not get a nomination for his role in Men in Black 3

Written By: Starde on 02/27/13 at 10:42 pm

I've been watching the Oscars religiously for at least 15 years so the Oscars is practically a holiday for us film people. :P I love J-Law and was so happy that she won her Oscar! I loved Silver Linings Playbook and thought her performance was amazing. Also love Daniel Day Lewis who is, in my opinion, one of the greatest actors in cinematic history. Still don't know how I feel about Seth as the host. My initial reaction to the opening number was along the lines of "Wtf?".

Check for new replies or respond here...