inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lil Wayne Clings to Life

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 2:39 am

News accounts are reporting that rapper Little Wayne is clinging to life in a hospital.

Reportedly he was binging on Sizzurp which caused seizures. Docs pumped his stomach 3 times.

Wayne has often rapped about Sizzurp, such as his 2008 hit entitled "My Drank". He has been photographed sipping the purple stuff from a doubled-up styrofoam cup.  8-P

Subject: Re: Lil Wayne Clings to Life

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/13 at 2:54 am

8-PCorrected the title of this topic to Lil Wayne

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1290388#bmb=1

Apparently it's not that bad. If NY Daily news is to be believed Lil Wayne tweeted that he's fine

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 3:09 am

8-PCorrected the title of this topic to Lil Wayne

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1290388#bmb=1

Apparently it's not that bad. If NY Daily news is to be believed Lil Wayne tweeted that he's fine

That's good news. Earlier it was being reported that he was being administered extreme unction. 

Boys and girls.... Stay away from the Sizzurp!  8-P

Written By: Howard on 03/16/13 at 5:44 am

What's Sizzurp?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 6:13 am

What's Sizzurp?  ???

Sizzurp is a mix of prescription-strength cough syrup (with codeine) and soda. Sometimes they grind up hard candies (Jolly Ranchers are preferred) and throw 'em in for more flavor, and they sometimes grind up prescription painkillers too. Vodka is often added to the mix.

It allegedly was invented in the Houston area, and is also referred to as "Texas Tea".  ::)

I'm not sure why they use a doubled up foam cup, though.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/16/13 at 6:34 am

if you od on fkn codeine and promethazine you are a damned lightweight. I cant believe people actually drink that crap, let alone die from it.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 7:18 am

if you od on fkn codeine and promethazine you are a damned lightweight... let alone die from it.

Ant

DJ Screw, Big Moe, and Pimp C... all rappers... met their end by excessive use of the Purple Drank.

Apparently the addition of vodka to this mix can really mess you up.

I cant believe people actually drink that crap.

Heck, there are people out there who huff Jenkem fumes, so anything is game these days.

Written By: warped on 03/16/13 at 9:53 am

Who's Little Wayne?  Never heard of him.

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/13 at 11:23 am

Who's Little Wayne?  Never heard of him.

It's lil Wayne and he's a rapper so of course you've never heard of him. Although degrassi's jimmy brooks aka Aubrey graham aka drake signed with his label a couple yrs ago.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/13 at 12:21 pm

Sizzurp is a mix of prescription-strength cough syrup (with codeine) and soda. Sometimes they grind up hard candies (Jolly Ranchers are preferred) and throw 'em in for more flavor, and they sometimes grind up prescription painkillers too. Vodka is often added to the mix.

Frikkin' disgusting!  What's that from, Aleister Crowley's Bartending School?

http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/chastity/chastity1202/chastity120200136/12675134-illustration-of-a-sick-yellow-emoticon-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg

Written By: warped on 03/16/13 at 1:56 pm

It's lil Wayne and he's a rapper so of course you've never heard of him. Although degrassi's jimmy brooks aka Aubrey graham aka drake signed with his label a couple yrs ago.

Thanks. And yup, I know who Drake is.  He's one of those artists that make my mute button work effectively.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 2:16 pm

Frikkin' disgusting!  What's that from, Aleister Crowley's Bartending School?

http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/chastity/chastity1202/chastity120200136/12675134-illustration-of-a-sick-yellow-emoticon-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg

Apparently it is the rage in many rap circles.

Not too long ago, Justin Beiber was also reportedly hitting the Texas Tea.  8-P

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/16/13 at 5:23 pm

he aint dead

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 5:27 pm

he aint dead

Not yet.  But if Beibs keeps up his recent nonsense, he's on a trajectory to trouble.    :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/13 at 6:19 pm

Us Magazine is reportung that Wayne is not close to death, but that he definitely drank too much sizzurp.

Apparently he is addicted to the concoction, as the story quotes a source as saying that Wayne needs rehab.

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/61130-lil-wayne-is-not-close-to-death-but-drank-too-much-sizzurp/1363451447_lil-wayne-467.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/13 at 6:46 pm

Whatever happened to chillin' with a blunt and a 40 oz? 

Written By: Howard on 03/16/13 at 7:10 pm

It allegedly was invented in the Houston area, and is also referred to as "Texas Tea".  ::)

I'm not sure why they use a doubled up foam cup, though.

he should've just had the soda (minus the cough syrup)

Written By: Howard on 03/16/13 at 7:11 pm

he aint dead

he's doing much better as of late.

Written By: Emman on 03/16/13 at 8:50 pm

Lil Wayne is a big piece of sheesh, he dissed his own daughter for her darker complexion and in one of his songs he has a line disrespecting Emment Till(a black boy who was lynched in 1995), the lyric "beat that pussy up like Emmett Till" ). fudge em!  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/25/13 at 11:53 pm

I used to drink Robitussin when there wasn't no liquor to be had!
8)

Written By: Howard on 03/26/13 at 6:22 am

I used to drink Robitussin when there wasn't no liquor to be had!
8)

why would you drink cough syrup?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/26/13 at 11:58 pm

why would you drink cough syrup?

It made me kinda drunk and sleepy. 

Unfortunately, you needed a scrip to get to the codeine stuff!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--VYxn82h7ls/ULFQ69S2CLI/AAAAAAAACJU/22lXpu5SXWU/s1600/427426_338268919540012_59498330_n.jpg

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/27/13 at 5:29 am

It made me kinda drunk and sleepy. 

Unfortunately, you needed a scrip to get to the codeine stuff!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--VYxn82h7ls/ULFQ69S2CLI/AAAAAAAACJU/22lXpu5SXWU/s1600/427426_338268919540012_59498330_n.jpg

Back in the day you could get Vicks Formula 44-D with Codeine over the counter. But they didn't have Jolly Ranchers back then, so you could not really make the authentic Purple Drank.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/27/13 at 9:28 am

Back in the day you could get Vicks Formula 44-D with Codeine over the counter. But they didn't have Jolly Ranchers back then, so you could not really make the authentic Purple Drank.

I likes my ladies like I likes my Vicks: 44-D! 

I can understand the Vodka, the painkillers, and the codeine syrup (though we used to do those a la carte), but the milled Jolly Ranchers reveals a voracious appetite for self-destruction!

Here is something you can use when you're prepping your J.R.'s for freebase!
http://www.vat19.com/webimages/covers/large/jolly-rancher-candle-cherry.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...