inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jimmy Fallon - Tonight Show. YAY!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/21/13 at 5:07 pm

It appears that Jimmy Fallon will be taking over for Leno AND moving the show back to New York.  Looks like they have gotten it right.....FINALLY.  :)

Subject: Re: Jimmy Fallon - Tonight Show. YAY!!!!

Written By: whistledog on 03/21/13 at 7:00 pm

I like Jimmy Fallon and I think he will do great.  I wonder what Conan thinks of it all? LOL

Written By: nally on 03/21/13 at 7:06 pm

I saw a little brief blurb about this...but I wonder when it will take place. (I'm assuming next year.) And who would replace Jimmy on "Late Night"?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/22/13 at 1:55 pm

I saw a little brief blurb about this...but I wonder when it will take place. (I'm assuming next year.) And who would replace Jimmy on "Late Night"?

It isn't supposed to happen until 2014, unless something happens in between, so many are screaming for the change.

I like Jimmy Fallon and I think he will do great.  I wonder what Conan thinks of it all? LOL

Conan sucked, that arrogant little wuss has to be doing the funky chicken all over town. He thought after being tossed out he would show them, didn't, and now a guy with real talent is going to do everything he probably still thinks he can do..but will never half be able to do. 

Written By: 80sfan on 03/24/13 at 12:32 am

It isn't supposed to happen until 2014, unless something happens in between, so many are screaming for the change.

Conan sucked, that arrogant little wuss has to be doing the funky chicken all over town. He thought after being tossed out he would show them, didn't, and now a guy with real talent is going to do everything he probably still thinks he can do..but will never half be able to do.

I wonder how long Leno has been on?

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/13 at 12:42 am

I wonder how long Leno has been on?

Since 1992, but he was a frequent guest host since 1987 when it was The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/13 at 6:25 am

I wonder why they aren't giving Gonad O'Btien another shot at the gig? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 03/24/13 at 6:47 am

Since 1992, but he was a frequent guest host since 1987 when it was The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson

Karma for the info.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/24/13 at 8:10 am

I wonder why they aren't giving Gonad O'Btien another shot at the gig? ???

Why would they?  He sucked the first time around and the ratings tanked.  Fallon just keeps getting more and more popular.  Fallon is everything O'Brien thinks O'Brien is, but isn't.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/24/13 at 9:49 am

I always liked Conan, but I never saw him as lead for the Tonight Show for some reason. I can't put my finger on it. :(

Written By: Howard on 03/24/13 at 1:07 pm

I think Conan O'Brien is pretty funny on TBS in a weird way.

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/13 at 6:42 pm

Just like Letterman, Conan got the better deal.  Jimmy Fallon is getting a hand me down.  Conan was given his OWN show!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/24/13 at 7:40 pm

Just like Letterman, Conan got the better deal.  Jimmy Fallon is getting a hand me down.  Conan was given his OWN show!

Not quite sure what this means.  Conan got canned because the ratings tanked.  He wasn't given another show, he was let out of his contract so he could go somewhere else.  His ratings still aren't up there.  He may have a faithful following, but the ratings aren't anything to brag about. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/13 at 7:59 pm

Gonad O'Brien got the consolation prize.  Hosting "The Tonigfht Show" is to talk show hosts what coaching Notre Dame is to college football.

Written By: nally on 03/24/13 at 11:35 pm

Not quite sure what this means.  Conan got canned because the ratings tanked.  He wasn't given another show, he was let out of his contract so he could go somewhere else.  His ratings still aren't up there.  He may have a faithful following, but the ratings aren't anything to brag about. 

And he did go elsewhere...to TBS, where he is currently hosting his own late-night show. I have never watched it, and I don't know what the ratings are like on that show...but for his current show to last as long as it has, it must be pretty good for now. I'd like to check it out sometime.

I did like watching Conan when he was hosting the "Late Night" show; on occasion I would stay up late to see that.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/25/13 at 6:58 am

And he did go elsewhere...to TBS, where he is currently hosting his own late-night show. I have never watched it, and I don't know what the ratings are like on that show...but for his current show to last as long as it has, it must be pretty good for now. I'd like to check it out sometime.

I did like watching Conan when he was hosting the "Late Night" show; on occasion I would stay up late to see that.

"O'Brien himself addressed the poor ratings of the show on the December 13, 2011 episode stating "If you're watching right now, you're either a huge fan or you lost the remote."

Written By: nally on 03/25/13 at 11:16 am

"O'Brien himself addressed the poor ratings of the show on the December 13, 2011 episode stating "If you're watching right now, you're either a huge fan or you lost the remote."

In that case, I guess I haven't missed a thing :-\\

Written By: Starde on 03/25/13 at 8:17 pm

Damn. I forgot he's been hosting that show for so long! :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/25/13 at 10:39 pm

Fortunately, Jay Leno has shrunk Johnny Carson's big shoes tiny enough for Jimmy.
::)

Written By: popguru85 on 03/27/13 at 1:30 pm

I heard this will happen in Fall 2014.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/28/13 at 8:10 pm

You know you're old when you still think of Jay Leno as the guy who replaced Johnny Carson!

Written By: nally on 02/20/14 at 7:57 pm

I almost forgot (until the beginning of this week) that this was the night he was going to premiere! And according to news reports, the viewership is pretty good so far.

News article about it here.

Written By: Vance Jacobsen on 02/27/14 at 8:56 pm

I always liked Conan, but I never saw him as lead for the Tonight Show for some reason. I can't put my finger on it. :(

Yeah, I enjoyed Conan back when he was on Late Night in the 90s and 2000s.  I would look at Letterman or Leno (depending on the guests) then switch over to Conan.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/14 at 3:39 pm

Yeah, I enjoyed Conan back when he was on Late Night in the 90s and 2000s.  I would look at Letterman or Leno (depending on the guests) then switch over to Conan.

Conan was much funnier than Leno.

Check for new replies or respond here...