inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need some help identifying a current type of fashion pendant!

Written By: The Valley Goth on 04/14/13 at 2:51 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I saw a certain type of pendant in Wal*Mart yesterday, but I'd like to see if I can find similar pendants on sites like Amazon.com, and I don't know the name for that type of pendant, so I'll describe the pendant, in the hopes that somebody can tell me if that type of pendant has a specific name.

The pendant usually features either a metal, or a plastic back, and it's usually oval-shaped.  The center of the pendant is made of some type of acrylic (?), which is textured (it's as though somebody put tons of extremely tiny dots of glue together).  The acrylic (?) part of the pendant is usually ever so slightly curved inward towards its middle, and when it's clear, or pink, or blue, etc., it tends to sport the look of a jelly candy (Ie: Chuckles, Sunkist candies, etc.).  Sofia Vergara's jewelry collection contains a black version of said pendant.

I'll be totally grateful if anybody is able to put a name with this very modern, appealing type of pendant for me.  I'm thinking of going back to Wal*Mart to get the one that I saw, because it was only about $3.00, but I'd love to see more of them someday...on the internet, etc.
???

Subject: Re: I need some help identifying a current type of fashion pendant!

Written By: The Valley Goth on 04/15/13 at 3:02 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I actually went back to Wal*Mart, and when I saw that there was only ONE example of that cool pendant left, I picked it up, guarded it with my life (Even though I couldn't tell if it was the best example that I'd seen before), and bought it!  Somebody must've gone on a shopping spree before I got there, because the other clear pendant was gone, AND the pink one was gone, too!

I'll have to take a photo during the future, because, out of those of you who looked at my first message, most of you are probably confused about exactly what I meant when I described the pendant.
8)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 05/10/13 at 12:37 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I now believe that the cheap Wal*Mart pendant is a mimic of those pave pendants that sell for more money.  The term "pave" refers to the look of a paved road, a look that's achieved due to tons of tiny diamonds being set right next to each other, on the same level, within one space.
8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/13 at 5:00 pm

Totally awesome, like gag me with a spoon.  Gnarly.

Check for new replies or respond here...