inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nude Portrait of Bea Arthur Sells for $1.9MM

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/16/13 at 5:39 pm

No, that was not a typo.

A circa-1991 topless portrait of "Maude" actress Bea Arthur was auctioned off at Christie's yesterday for a cool $1,900,000.  American.

And that result was a disappointment.  The auction house was expecting to get $2.5 million.  :o

Makes me wonder if they have a nude Ernest Borgnine in the wings.  ;D

Subject: Re: Nude Portrait of Bea Arthur Sells for $1.9MM

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/13 at 6:07 pm

I didn't know such a thing even existed.

I let my curiosity get the better of me, and I have just one question:  Did Bea legitimately pose for that, cause if so, not bad for a woman of her age at the time

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/13 at 6:28 pm

So what if she did pose? She was very comfortable in her own skin and she proved that you didn't have to be a "perfect 10" to exude femininity and sexually. I had always admired her and this just adds to my admiration.

Cat

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/16/13 at 6:31 pm

I agree with Jason - I want to know if she posed for it also, or if it's someone's rendition of her.  Not because I give a sheesh if she posed nude, only if it's legitimate.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/13 at 7:34 pm

I agree with Jason - I want to know if she posed for it also, or if it's someone's rendition of her.  Not because I give a sheesh if she posed nude, only if it's legitimate.

It's all in the eye of the bea-holder!
:)

Written By: Howard on 05/16/13 at 7:40 pm

Is it the Bea Arthur version from Golden Girls? :o

Written By: Howard on 05/16/13 at 7:42 pm

http://aconservativelesbian.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/beaarthur-dont-you-wish-your-girlfriend-was-hot-like-bea.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/13 at 7:47 pm

I didn't know such a thing even existed.

I let my curiosity get the better of me, and I have just one question:  Did Bea legitimately pose for that, cause if so, not bad for a woman of her age at the time

I was going on the assumption that it was legit.

Just did a little research and she did not sit for it.

Saw the painting and it really isn't that impressive-as a piece of art. I have seen much better nude portraits.

Oh, here is another interesting story about it-and yes, this article does include a pic of the portrait if anyone is interested.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/16/bea-arthur-s-boobs-got-us-booted-from-facebook.html

Gotta love facebook-NOT!!!!!!

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/13 at 8:04 pm

Is it the Bea Arthur version from Golden Girls? :o

No, it's Bea Arthur, vacuum cleaner salesman ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/17/13 at 6:45 am

Wow I'd buy it! (If I had the money)

Check for new replies or respond here...