inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson daughter Paris 'tries to kill herself'

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/13 at 1:13 pm

Paris Jackson, the daughter of late pop legend Michael Jackson, is in hospital after attempting to kill herself, a publicist has confirmed.

Further details were unavailable about the 15 year old's condition.

Angel Howansky, long-time publicist for Joe Jackson - Michael Jackson's father and the girl's grandfather - confirmed Paris' suicide attempt to the BBC.

Entertainment media in Los Angeles say she was taken from the family home about 02:00 local time (09:00 GMT).

Ms Howansky could not confirm reports of a possible drug overdose or multiple cuts on her wrist, says the BBC's Alastair Leithead in Los Angeles.

Paris, Michael Jackson's only daughter, is currently part of a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the concert promoters AEG Live, who the Jackson family say bears responsibility for her father's death from an accidental drug overdose in June 2009.

Paris is prolific on Twitter and her most recent tweet was a quote from a famous Beatles song: "Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away but now it looks as though they're here to stay."

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson daughter Paris 'tries to kill herself'

Written By: ninny on 06/05/13 at 6:07 pm

I just wrote this in your other post about Stephan Fry.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/13 at 6:34 pm

All this media hype over this incident (assuming it occurred) is disgusting.  >:(

She's a 15-year-old girl with enough complications in her life.  She doesn't need the tabloids and tabloid-TV shows hounding her and plastering this all over the place.

And thus is my last comment on this subject, I do not want to fan flames.

Best wishes to Paris on recovery.  :-*

Written By: Howard on 06/05/13 at 7:20 pm

Hope she recovers quickly.  :(

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/05/13 at 8:27 pm

I feel bad for those kids.  First they live a shelterd but seemingly good life.  Then their father is murdered.  Now for a while there has been a battle over money that belongs to them (Not MJ's siblings!).  I can understand why she is so stressed but I hope she will get the help she needs.  My best wishes on a good recovery for Paris. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/13 at 10:56 pm

No surprise the kid has some issues.  Hope she finds her way in the world.
:(

Written By: Howard on 06/09/13 at 3:04 pm

I hope so too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/13 at 3:16 pm

It's gonna be tough.  Pretty much everybody in her family is pretty much forked up to the Nth degree.  From her father... to her mother... grandparents, aunts and uncles she really has the deck stacked against her.  And the older she gets, the more leeches will come out of the woodwork. 

It's a shame.  A 15-year-old kid should not have to deal with the stuff she's had to.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 06/10/13 at 6:45 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/paris-jackson-transferred-hospital-michael-jackson-died-article-1.1367447?localLinksEnabled=false

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/10/13 at 11:40 am

I hope I don't get hate for this comment but I feel it would be best to take those kids away from the family home.  This doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to see their grandparents anymore but it would be best for them to get away from the drama of the trial and all the money issues going on.  The nanny that was taking care of them since they were young would be a very suitable gaurdian. 

Check for new replies or respond here...