inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Big Dig in Detroit

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/13 at 8:18 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20130617/NEWS03/306170065/Could-this-be-the-Jimmy-Hoffa-dig-that-finally-unearths-missing-Teamsters-boss-

Looks like they're digging again in the Detroit Area to find Jimmy Hoffa, this time up in Oakland Township.

I'll bet my old pals in the Detroit Partnership are all abuzz about the news.  ;D

Subject: Re: A Big Dig in Detroit

Written By: warped on 06/17/13 at 9:10 pm

What's it been, almost 40 years?

I thought he and Elvis took over a restaurant in Argentina after Hitler died.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/13 at 9:44 pm

What's it been, almost 40 years?

I thought he and Elvis took over a restaurant in Argentina after Hitler died.

They're working in the kitchen of Andiamo's, the former Machus Red Fox.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/13 at 10:23 pm

If they find Jimmy I'll eat my sneakers!
::)

Written By: Howard on 06/18/13 at 7:13 am

Did you know Jimmy had a son?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/18/13 at 11:43 am

Wow, I just read that the FBI is also digging today at the home of Jimmy "The Gent" Burke, mastermind of the infamous Lufthansa Heist.

Apparently they are looking for the body of Tommy "Two Guns" Desimone. (Tommy was the guy who got rubbed out because he killed Billy Batts, a made man, without first getting permission from the Mob).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/13 at 8:19 pm

Wow, I just read that the FBI is also digging today at the home of Jimmy "The Gent" Burke, mastermind of the infamous Lufthansa Heist.

Apparently they are looking for the body of Tommy "Two Guns" Desimone. (Tommy was the guy who got rubbed out because he killed Billy Batts, a made man, without first getting permission from the Mob).

Oh nnnn...
And dat's dat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzfY8ABR9E

What was never stated in the movie is that Jimmy Burke let Tommy Desimone whack Billy Bats because Billy, now out of prison, was muscling in Jimmy's rackets.  If Jimmy whacked Billy, Jimmy would be the one who got two in the hat.  Of course, the whole thing backfired on Jimmy, and Tommy didn't get too good of a deal either.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/13 at 6:07 am

Oh nnnn...
And dat's dat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzfY8ABR9E

What was never stated in the movie is that Jimmy Burke let Tommy Desimone whack Billy Bats because Billy, now out of prison, was muscling in Jimmy's rackets.  If Jimmy whacked Billy, Jimmy would be the one who got two in the hat.  Of course, the whole thing backfired on Jimmy, and Tommy didn't get too good of a deal either.

What happened is that when Billy went to jail, Jimmy took over his rackets.  Then when Billy got out, he wanted them back.  "What's right is right"....

Jimmy was a superb earner for the Outfit.  It could well be that his "punishment" for the Batts affair was that he himself had to whack Tommy D.  Which would explain why they're digging for Tommy in Jimmy's basement.

Tommy was causing nothing but trouble for the Outfit with his uncontrollability, so when they found out he was behind the Batts hit, he was finished.  Meanwhile, Jimmy was bringing in so much money, they chose to let him live.  And hey, for Jimmy, in the end it was good business.  By whacking Tommy D, there would be one less person with which he had to split the Lufthansa loot. ;D

This would explain why Henry Hill would have provided the BS cover story about Tommy being whacked by Vito "Tuddy" Vario.  I kinda wonder if he was in on that one too, especially 'cause he held to his story even after Jimmy was out to whack him.  :-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/13 at 10:37 am

Just read that the FBI found nothing on the property.

But the owner now has a freshly-tilled patch of land where he can plant his tomatoes.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/19/13 at 12:43 pm

If he was alive today he would've been 100 years old. :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/13 at 5:45 pm

If he was alive today he would've been 100 years old. :o

And VERY pissed off.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/13 at 5:57 pm

What happened is that when Billy went to jail, Jimmy took over his rackets.  Then when Billy got out, he wanted them back.  "What's right is right"....

Jimmy was a superb earner for the Outfit.  It could well be that his "punishment" for the Batts affair was that he himself had to whack Tommy D.  Which would explain why they're digging for Tommy in Jimmy's basement.

Tommy was causing nothing but trouble for the Outfit with his uncontrollability, so when they found out he was behind the Batts hit, he was finished.  Meanwhile, Jimmy was bringing in so much money, they chose to let him live.  And hey, for Jimmy, in the end it was good business.  By whacking Tommy D, there would be one less person with which he had to split the Lufthansa loot. ;D

This would explain why Henry Hill would have provided the BS cover story about Tommy being whacked by Vito "Tuddy" Vario.  I kinda wonder if he was in on that one too, especially 'cause he held to his story even after Jimmy was out to whack him.  :-X

I didn't know any of that until way after the movie came out.  It made the scene at Henry's (it was Henry's in the movie, but Jimmy's in real life) restaurant kind of a plot hole if you didn't know the back story.  Why didn't Jimmy and Henry hustle Batts out of there before Tommy came storming back in?  Didn't make sense to me.

I also thought Paulie should have whacked Henry as soon it was obvious Henry was using and dealing drugs after he got out of the joint. 
But WTF do I know, I wouldn't last two minutes in the mob!
;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/13 at 6:15 pm

But WTF do I know, I wouldn't last two minutes in the mob!
;D

Ya never know.  Whitey might have taken a liking to you.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/13 at 8:21 pm

Ya never know.  Whitey might have taken a liking to you.  ;D

Actually, an Irish mobster in Holyoke took a shine to me one time.  Names have been changed here.  We were at the same party in Holyoke and we struck up a conversation about the revival of Holyoke, and how Holyoke, used to be a big Irish town a hundred years ago.  I have a very Irish surname, and I mentioned the truth of my paternal ancestry, how Paddy Smart settled in Holyoke in the 1860s and opened a pub over there on Front Street (all true).  He was thrilled like I was his long lost brother, and he starts talking about how all Irish are descended from kings, and went on about the regal origins of his name Cavanaugh.  The I was talking about how the economy sucked and I was out of work at the time, and he's like "Oh come down to Building X on Y street, and ask for Jimmy, we can get you something, good pay, good security.."

Then Cavanaugh was on about The Irish Angels.  I asked what the Irish Angels were, and I gathered they mostly beat up on Puerto Rican thugs.  Then he's pointing across the street to Gonzalez Bodega, and he's like, "See that?  We don't want a bodega over there!  We don't want the spics taking over our city." 

I told him the Puerto Ricans were doing the same thing my ancestors did, settling in and starting small businesses, and I didn't appreciate him calling Puerto Ricans "spics."  So he says, "I don't mean all of them.  You do there's a difference between a normal person and a SPIC, don't you?"

I found the the spirit of camaraderie had dissolved replaced by an urge to rip off Cavanaugh's head and sh*t down his neck, so I said, "Nice talking to ya!," and went inside to watch the band.

I could have used some fast cash, but I don't think I'm Irish Angels material!

http://www.projectsforpreschoolers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/smiley-shamrock3.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/20/13 at 6:59 am

And VERY pissed off.

Why?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/13 at 9:08 am

Why?  ???

Cause he's been waiting 38 years for Tony Pro and Tony Jack to meet him for lunch at Machus Red Fox.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...