inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lady Gaga - Artpop

Written By: bchris02 on 07/11/13 at 11:57 pm

The hype is starting for Lady Gaga's next album Artpop which is supposed to be released sometime this year.  Does anybody think she will return to 2009-level fame or is she past her peak?

Subject: Re: Lady Gaga - Artpop

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/12/13 at 3:20 am

The hype is starting for Lady Gaga's next album Artpop which is supposed to be released sometime this year.  Does anybody think she will return to 2009-level fame or is she past her peak?

I wish she'd do a collabo with Ke$ha. That would be a monster recording.  8)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/12/13 at 10:45 am

I think she's past her prime.  She may still have a lot of Little Monsters but her flamboyant style has gotten old.  Meaning it's no longer shocking when she wears meat dresses etc.  Her music, to me anyway, isn't as good as it was with The Fame.  I have never been a fan but her first album had some nice songs on it. 

Written By: 80sfan on 07/12/13 at 4:31 pm

She's somewhere in between right now. She's not released a record, so people don't have much to chew on. But she still have time to prove she's still got 'it'.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/14/13 at 11:00 pm

She's somewhere in between right now. She's not released a record, so people don't have much to chew on. But she still have time to prove she's still got 'it'.

Agreed.  She'll have to redeem herself in this next album.  Born This Way was successful on hype, but the songs didn't have near the popularity that her first two albums enjoyed.  This next album needs to have another 'Bad Romance' to propel her back into the limelight.

Written By: Starde on 07/17/13 at 4:01 pm

I think she's past her prime.  She may still have a lot of Little Monsters but her flamboyant style has gotten old.  Meaning it's no longer shocking when she wears meat dresses etc.  Her music, to me anyway, isn't as good as it was with The Fame. I have never been a fan but her first album had some nice songs on it.

I don't know if she's past her prime yet. We'll find out soon enough with her next album, but I pretty much feel the same way. I must say, I was really annoyed by how overexposed she was in '09-'10.

Written By: Jquar on 07/17/13 at 11:18 pm

I don't know if she's past her prime yet. We'll find out soon enough with her next album, but I pretty much feel the same way. I must say, I was really annoyed by how overexposed she was in '09-'10.

Yeah I think a lot of her apparent decline in popularity goes back to how overexposed she was for a couple of years there. Every move she made was shoved down the public's throat and I think a lot of the trendy types decided to move on from her.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/17/13 at 11:23 pm

Yeah I think a lot of her apparent decline in popularity goes back to how overexposed she was for a couple of years there. Every move she made was shoved down the public's throat and I think a lot of the trendy types decided to move on from her.

You are onto something.  Hipsters loved Lady Gaga in 2009.  Today they won't be caught dead listening to her - she's too mainstream.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/18/13 at 11:50 am

Perhaps she'll just have one smash hit instead of a complete 'blowout' album. She did that in 2011 when she and Clarence Clemons teamed up for "Hole of Glory", his last major single.

Written By: Mordicai Rigby on 07/18/13 at 3:08 pm

Lady GaGas should go back to her jazz roots, where she really shines in talent and beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfbKIoXn5M

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/13 at 11:35 pm

If this Gaga album fails to sale, then Gaga's goal of becoming the next Madonna is down the drain.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/21/13 at 11:29 am

If this Gaga album fails to sale, then Gaga's goal of becoming the next Madonna is down the drain.

I am afraid you are right.  I will honestly really be surprised if this album becomes a smash hit.  The gay community are still die hard fans but much of the general population has moved on from her. 

Written By: 80sfan on 07/21/13 at 2:15 pm

I am afraid you are right.  I will honestly really be surprised if this album becomes a smash hit.  The gay community are still die hard fans but much of the general population has moved on from her.

We'll see.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/21/13 at 5:25 pm

The gay community are still die hard fans but much of the general population has moved on from her.

She dedicates her performances "for God and the gays".

Written By: Jeff on 07/21/13 at 6:02 pm

The "Born This Way" song reached number one in the US Billboard Hot 100. "The Edge of Glory" was quite sucessful too and this is 2011 we are talking about.

Even if she doesn't "redeem" herself with her 2013 album, she didn't sell as well in the '00s and Eminem did. The fact that Eminem actually sold more than Lady Gaga in the decade overall isn't surprising as Eminem was there for the whole decade, every studio album he released went to number one on the US albums charts. Then there's the singles. Remember 8 mile?

Just because Lady Gaga was popular at 11.59pm on December 31st, 2009 doesn't mean she's a solid 00s artist.

Written By: Starde on 07/22/13 at 4:09 pm

I know some people who were hardcore fans of hers in '09-'10. Now they say that they've grown tired of her.

Check for new replies or respond here...