inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VEVO brings TRL BACK (sort of)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/22/13 at 6:03 pm

In March of this year Vevo launched a Music Video Television Channel called Vevo Tv
a channel of music videos & blocks reminiscent of the MTV that actually played music videos.
Available on Roku & Xbox this was a huge leap for internet connected set top devices and consoles.

Today, VEVO TV launches its flagship program, VEVO Top Ten Now, an updated take on Total Request Live.
The daily show airs four times a day (3 p.m., 6 p.m., 9 p.m., midnight ET) and captures the buzzworthy music
videos of the moment. (Minus Carson Daily of Course)

VevoTv's  Trl like show will air weekly and has plans to feature a studio audience in Times Square
similar to other countdown shows(TRL,106 & Park).

What do you think of this?

Subject: Re: VEVO brings TRL BACK (sort of)

Written By: Starde on 07/22/13 at 6:28 pm

I've been using a Roku Player for nearly a year now since I decided to not get pay for cable. Recently got the VEVO app and saw some of Vevo TV for the first time out of curiosity. Not a fan of the videos I did see, but I think the whole concept of it is interesting. Didn't know they were planning to do a TRL type show. Where did you hear this?

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/22/13 at 6:29 pm

I've been using a Roku Player for nearly a year now since I decided to not get pay for cable. Recently got the VEVO app and saw some of Vevo TV for the first time out of curiosity. Not a fan of the videos I did see, but I think the whole concept of it is interesting. Didn't know they were planning to do a TRL type show. Where did you hear this?

it just premiered 40 min ago
they are adding a host soon

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/07/22/exclusive-vevo-launches-top-ten-music-video-countdown/2573527/

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/22/13 at 6:31 pm

The concept is very good its kinda of like what Mtv 2 was or what Mtv hits is now

reg mtv has turned into a wasteland of reality show crap

Vevo tv mostly plays new pop videos is that why u didnt like them? lol

Check for new replies or respond here...