inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robin Williams to star in new US sitcom

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/13 at 9:29 am

Robin Williams is returning to TV screens for the first time since starring in the 1970s show Mork & Mindy with a new comedy, The Crazy Ones.

Williams, 62, who rose to fame as the alien Mork in the hit series, will play an eccentric advertising agency boss in the sitcom.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Sarah Michelle Gellar will play his daughter.

The show, from Ally McBeal creator David E Kelley, is due to air in the US in September.

Williams said he hopes audiences will be drawn to his character, Simon Roberts, and will enjoy watching how he relates to his daughter.

"You have to establish a character that people buy into," he said.

"I think people will buy into not just my character but the relationship with everybody else. He has good ideas and bad ones."

Williams, who was known for his improvisation skills in Mork & Mindy, will be given the freedom to ad lib and be spontaneous in The Crazy Ones.

"He says my words perfectly. Then he uses his," said Kelley.

"He manages inside the box, then we give him a few takes where he gets to take out of it."

The show is one of a number of new shows added to the autumn TV line-up in the US.

A new four-hour mini-series on NBC will see Diane Lane in the role of former first lady and US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.

NBC said the show, simply named Hillary, will track Clinton's life and career from 1998 to the present.

The series will air ahead of the 2016 US presidential election.

Clinton has not said whether she will make another run for the Democratic nomination for president.

Subject: Re: Robin Williams to star in new US sitcom

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/13 at 11:29 am

Another Jonathan Winters ripoff performance, I suppose.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/13 at 7:47 pm

It's been 35 years since he starred in a sitcom.

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/13 at 9:42 pm

It's been 35 years since he starred in a sitcom.

31 years

Written By: Howard on 08/01/13 at 7:08 am

I was hoping a Mork And Mindy reunion. But, Oh Well.

Written By: ninny on 08/01/13 at 7:34 am

Robin Williams is returning to TV screens for the first time since starring in the 1970s show Mork & Mindy with a new comedy, The Crazy Ones.

Williams, 62, who rose to fame as the alien Mork in the hit series, will play an eccentric advertising agency boss in the sitcom.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Sarah Michelle Gellar will play his daughter.

The show, from Ally McBeal creator David E Kelley, is due to air in the US in September.

Williams said he hopes audiences will be drawn to his character, Simon Roberts, and will enjoy watching how he relates to his daughter.

"You have to establish a character that people buy into," he said.

"I think people will buy into not just my character but the relationship with everybody else. He has good ideas and bad ones."

Williams, who was known for his improvisation skills in Mork & Mindy, will be given the freedom to ad lib and be spontaneous in The Crazy Ones.

"He says my words perfectly. Then he uses his," said Kelley.

"He manages inside the box, then we give him a few takes where he gets to take out of it."

The show is one of a number of new shows added to the autumn TV line-up in the US.

A new four-hour mini-series on NBC will see Diane Lane in the role of former first lady and US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.

NBC said the show, simply named Hillary, will track Clinton's life and career from 1998 to the present.

The series will air ahead of the 2016 US presidential election.

Clinton has not said whether she will make another run for the Democratic nomination for president.

I probably will check it out, I've always liked him so what the hell.

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/13 at 8:31 am

I have high hopes for this show. I need it to last at least two seasons so Paley will freaking do an event (or two) for it..... so I can FINALLY get SMG to sign the two pieces of Buffy memorabilia I have to get signed.  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/01/13 at 2:00 pm

I have high hopes for this show. I need it to last at least two seasons so Paley will freaking do an event (or two) for it..... so I can FINALLY get SMG to sign the two pieces of Buffy memorabilia I have to get signed.  :P

and will you meet Robin Williams? ???

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/13 at 3:47 pm

hopefully.... but I've been trying to get SMG's autograph since 2007 and I've been lucky enough to be where she was supposed to be 3 times. 1) she didn't come to where I was standing 2) she didn't sign autographs at all and the last one she never showed up to the event...  >:(

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/13 at 4:04 pm

I'd rather meet William Robbins

Check for new replies or respond here...