inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eminem releases new single, "Berzerk" - Old School 80's Feel

Written By: Slim95 on 08/27/13 at 1:42 am

It has an old school 80's vibe to it. How do you think this song will play out for the rest of the decade? Do you think it will be high in the charts? Do you think Eminem still has it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359na4NeaVA

Subject: Re: Eminem releases new single, "Berzerk" - Old School 80's Feel

Written By: whistledog on 08/27/13 at 8:49 pm

The reason it has an 80s feel is because it revolves around a sample of "The Stroke" by Billy Squier, a song that I grew up with.  I am not a fan of Eminem at all, but this one I actually quite enjoy.  For once, a rap artist has made good use of an 80s sample

I think this is the first time I've ever praised an Eminem song.  What the hell just happened here? lol

Written By: Venomous Mask on 08/27/13 at 9:24 pm

He can still spit like none other, but his voice has sounded strained as of late.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/27/13 at 9:26 pm

He can still spit like none other, but his voice has sounded strained as of late.

He's getting older.  :(

Written By: Starde on 08/30/13 at 9:08 pm

Reminds me of a Beastie Boys record. Me likey. 8)

Written By: Tam on 08/30/13 at 9:13 pm

The reason it has an 80s feel is because it revolves around a sample of "The Stroke" by Billy Squier, a song that I grew up with.  I am not a fan of Eminem at all, but this one I actually quite enjoy.  For once, a rap artist has made good use of an 80s sample

I think this is the first time I've ever praised an Eminem song.  What the hell just happened here? lol

karma!

I heard it for the first time this afternoon... Heard the rift, went "hmm" then when I heard Squire in the background and the chorus, I flipped! I was in the truck with Big Nasty and of course he loves Eminem, but he couldn't believe how much I was freakin' out over it. I love it!!! And you are right Jas - excellent and brilliant use of an awesome 80s sample!!!! 8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/31/13 at 12:33 am

Welcome to the future! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ier78EXaQtQ

Throw in a backbeat from 30 years ago, in this case AC/DC's Back in Black, and even us old fogies can enjoy it. I just think it's great that he's doing it officially, rather than waiting for the mashup community to do it for him. Back on topic:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/berzerkfrenzy/berzerk-arcade.jpg

I like it.  You go, Mr. Mathers.

Also, that didn't take long: 960 tracks down, 8,999,999,040 to go.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/31/13 at 5:05 am

Shady's back. Tell a friend.  8)

Written By: yearofthemonkey on 09/11/13 at 12:03 am

Em has finally released a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9176Srb5Y

It features cameo's by Rick Rubin, Kendrick Lamar and Kid Rock, and shows clips of Billy Squire performing "The Stroke," which this song samples. Eminem is clearly chaneling his earlier self, bleaching his hair blond again and even dressing like he used to.

The video also includes the psychedelic old-computer look (I don't know the real name) that has been growing more popular in music videos.

Check for new replies or respond here...