inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do you like 2013?

Written By: Slim95 on 09/06/13 at 12:15 am

Overall, what are your thought's on 2013 so far? Personally, I love it. Best year of the 2010's so far in my opinion. It has to do with both personal reasons and the overall pop culture itself. The culture seems more relaxed this year compared to previous years in my opinion. 2013 just seems like a nice, kick-back relax, easy going and laid back year. How do you like 2013?

Subject: Re: How do you like 2013?

Written By: XYkid on 09/06/13 at 12:52 am

I agree, 2013 has actually been a fairly good year for me. Other than the fact that my depression has gotten worse, I've have a lot of good experiences. A lot of old friendships have started to grow apart, but I've found new ones that are much deeper than my previous friendships. I wouldn't call it the best year of the decade so far, but it's definitely in my top 2 just after 2011. A lot happened in 2011, things got worse in 2012. At first this year started out kind of bad, but has gotten better. I've enjoyed the music that has come out this year, and 90s fashion has come back in full swing. Yeah, it's been a good year, it would be better if my depression would go away though.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/06/13 at 12:57 am

I agree, 2013 has actually been a fairly good year for me. Other than the fact that my depression has gotten worse, I've have a lot of good experiences. A lot of old friendships have started to grow apart, but I've found new ones that are much deeper than my previous friendships. I wouldn't call it the best year of the decade so far, but it's definitely in my top 2 just after 2011. A lot happened in 2011, things got worse in 2012. At first this year started out kind of bad, but has gotten better. I've enjoyed the music that has come out this year, and 90s fashion has come back in full swing. Yeah, it's been a good year, it would be better if my depression would go away though.

I would suggest going to get treatment. I have had a very similar experience as you. 2012 is where my depression/anxiety hit the hardest and now it's much better in 2013 after getting help. I'm taking antidepressants and I have been through therapy and it helps a lot. Remember you're not alone and it will get better!  :)

Written By: Inertia on 09/06/13 at 3:23 am

I'm not keen on this year honestly -- nothing but bad experiences come to mind.

I was diagnosed with mitral stenosis in March when I visited E.R. due to having constant palpitations and a racing heart for days.

I also started working at Wal-Mart in July as an overnight stocker. At first, I was excited about the job, but I have become more and more disenchanted as time passes. I seem to stay permanently exhausted because of the hours I work (10:00 PM to 7:00 AM) and have dubbed the place "Wal-Hell" due to my unhappiness.

Pop culture wise, it doesn't strike me as anything special. I can't think of a single song released this year I honestly enjoy. Of course, I haven't listened to a radio station which plays current hits in ages. I always listen to WCBL and have since I was a child.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/13 at 4:10 am

Not too hot, not too wet!

Written By: Paul on 09/06/13 at 5:47 am

Pretty good for me - I've had my life saved, for starters!  :)

Pop culture?  Aaaah! I don't even go there in this day and age!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/13 at 5:53 am

Television shows have gone downhill too!

Written By: joeman on 09/06/13 at 12:41 pm

Rare to Medium Rare.

I'm on a wilderness diet.

Written By: warped on 09/06/13 at 12:56 pm

-We had a much cooler summer, and I've enjoyed that.
-The NHL hockey playoffs this year were dramatic and great.
-I've managed to complete about 20 jigsaw puzzles this year.

As far as current pop culture goes,

I'm with Paul.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/06/13 at 2:21 pm

Personal life- It's a billion times better than 2012 and before for me. 2014 and 2015 have a great chance of being even better than 2013.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/13 at 3:26 pm

How did that happen?

Written By: Howard on 09/06/13 at 3:29 pm

weather-wise it's been ok, it's been an extremely hot July for most of it when we had temperatures hovering around 100 and August was normal when we had temperatures in the 80's.

We also had more Miley Cyrus, Kardashian and Lindsey Lohan exposure.

Written By: Sammy Smoothskin on 09/06/13 at 8:52 pm

Pop culture - great, competes with 2012 for 1st place (of this decade)

Personal life - Started out great, but has become stressful since August

Written By: Dunfo on 09/07/13 at 10:01 pm

For me, its been pretty awful. 2011 was pretty awesome and that's bout where my awesome life ended it seems.
2013 might look up for all I know, but somehow I doubt it.

Written By: Paul on 09/09/13 at 4:39 am

How did that happen?

You mean how my life was saved, Howard?

I had a kidney transplant in June - I was becoming fairly ill before it!  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/09/13 at 6:33 am

I think this year we've had a lot of celebrity exposure.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/09/13 at 6:35 am

I think this year we've had a lot of celebrity exposure.
It s already happening in the UK!

Check for new replies or respond here...