inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whoa!

Written By: Katluver on 10/01/13 at 8:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTL_gGOm6wE

Subject: Re: Whoa!

Written By: Katluver on 10/01/13 at 8:51 pm

A recent YouTube clip that took place around NYC. Rather scary stuff to watch.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/13 at 6:37 am

I wouldn't want to be that guy in the car.  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/13 at 6:39 am

Way I hear it, he knocked one of the bikers off his bike and broke the guy's leg, then would not stop.

If in fact that is true, then he got what he had coming.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/13 at 12:29 pm

Way I hear it, he knocked one of the bikers off his bike and broke the guy's leg, then would not stop.

If in fact that is true, then he got what he had coming.

Nope,  and as a person who rode bikes, knows bikes and bikers, these jokers started it.  They were taking over the parkway for stunts and the guy in the SUV just happened to, in their opinion, get in their way.  The biker pulled up in front of him and hit brakes, any one who knows anything about bikes and cars know that a bikes braking distance is a hell of a lot shorter than an SUV, so SLAM...bikes fault.  After that happened the other bikers swarmed the car and started beating on it and trying to get in, so the guy floored it in fear of his life, justifiably so. All this is caught on video. 

Written By: Katluver on 10/02/13 at 4:19 pm

Nope,  and as a person who rode bikes, knows bikes and bikers, these jokers started it.  They were taking over the parkway for stunts and the guy in the SUV just happened to, in their opinion, get in their way.  The biker pulled up in front of him and hit brakes, any one who knows anything about bikes and cars know that a bikes braking distance is a hell of a lot shorter than an SUV, so SLAM...bikes fault.  After that happened the other bikers swarmed the car and started beating on it and trying to get in, so the guy floored it in fear of his life, justifiably so. All this is caught on video.

Agree. Those bikers were acting obnoxious by swerving around the highway and blocking other traffic. Basically they acted like they were on meth. Agree that a hit-and-run is normally not justifiable, but what was the guy to do? Stop the car, put on the emergency lights, and call 911? The SUV would have probably gotten flipped over by the time the cops arrived. Where did all those bikers come from anyway?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/13 at 4:34 pm

I'm talking about the FIRST incident, not the one where the biker "brake checked" the Rover.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/13 at 7:31 pm

Agree. Those bikers were acting obnoxious by swerving around the highway and blocking other traffic. Basically they acted like they were on meth. Agree that a hit-and-run is normally not justifiable, but what was the guy to do? Stop the car, put on the emergency lights, and call 911? The SUV would have probably gotten flipped over by the time the cops arrived. Where did all those bikers come from anyway?

But you have a guy who was just driving his car with his family, probably minding his business, something like that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/13 at 10:41 pm

Hey fella, stop!
What a turkey.
Hey fella, you're a turkey, you know that?
:D

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max/cast-and-crew/mad-max-bikers/toecutters-bike-gang-parked-in-clunes.jpg

Written By: Howard on 10/03/13 at 7:42 am

Maybe Harley Davidson or perhaps a bikers convention was in town at that time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/13 at 9:59 pm

Maybe Harley Davidson or perhaps a bikers convention was in town at that time.

Real outlaw bikers would eat those clowns for breakfast. 
::)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/07/13 at 10:10 pm

I saw this on the news...it really scared me. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd just pull to the side, park and hide until all those bikers pass. I don't want to get caught  up in a mini Sturgis!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/08/13 at 6:44 am

I saw this on the news...it really scared me. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd just pull to the side, park and hide until all those bikers pass. I don't want to get caught  up in a mini Sturgis!  ::)

Me too, I wouldn't want to get into a fight with those bikers.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/08/13 at 11:51 am

Me too, I wouldn't want to get into a fight with those bikers.

I like your face Howard, I wouldn't you to fight either.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/08/13 at 7:35 pm

I like your face Howard, I wouldn't you to fight either.  :)

Thanks.  :) Like Michael said to Paul McCartney "I'm a lover, not a fighter".

Written By: Katluver on 10/08/13 at 7:40 pm

I was scared too when I watched that video!!
I can't believe the number of bikers---it reminded me of one of those crazy nightmares except it was actually happening out there to a normal family!
I'm surprised the driver didn't take the next exit---that's what I would have done even if I had ended up in a ghetto.

Check for new replies or respond here...