inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First ever YouTube Music Awards

Written By: Creeder on 10/03/13 at 1:55 am

Eminem, Lady Gaga and Arcade Fire will headline the first-ever YouTube Music Awards on November 3. The show, created by YouTube and director Spike Jonze, will be hosted by actor Jason Schwartzman and, of course, livestreamed all over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckE_S5Y5QM

Because it's YouTube, alongside Slim Shady, Mother Monster and budding Zooropans
 Arcade Fire, viewers will also be treated to performances from some of the site's homegrown stars, including violin ripper Lindsey Stirling and musical punsters CDZA.

The 90-minute show will feature musical events from all over the world, including Seoul, Moscow, London and Brazil, with the live awards program taking place at Pier 36 in New York. Nominations will be announced on October 17 based on the most-watched videos from around the planet and fans will get a chance to determine the winners by sharing their votes across social media. Users will be able to cast votes in six as-yet-unnamed categories until right before the show starts.

---

It's big news. I think this will replace the MTV music video awards, which began in 1984.

Subject: Re: First ever YouTube Music Awards

Written By: 80sfan on 10/03/13 at 3:09 am

Wow, that's cool! Mtv isn't 'Music' television anymore!  :o

Written By: Howard on 10/03/13 at 7:41 am

It sure isn't.  :(

Written By: Starde on 10/03/13 at 10:50 am

It hasn't been for years.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/13 at 1:22 pm

It hasn't been for years.

and It'll never change back into "music".

Written By: RG1995 on 10/03/13 at 3:03 pm

Makes sense. Youtube is essentially the modern version of MTV. Revitalized music videos.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/13 at 3:26 pm

Makes sense. Youtube is essentially the modern version of MTV. Revitalized music videos.

That's where you go to view music videos.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/04/13 at 11:46 pm

It's big news. I think this will replace the MTV music video awards, which began in 1984.

It's just occurred to me that there are millions of kids who have grown up never thinking of MTV as a music video distribution channel.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/05/13 at 12:28 am

When was the last time Mtv played music videos BEFORE 4 O' clock in the morning?? 2002? 1998? 1995??  :D :D

Written By: Howard on 10/05/13 at 3:32 pm

When was the last time Mtv played music videos BEFORE 4 O' clock in the morning?? 2002? 1998? 1995??  :D :D

probably in the early 90's. ???

Written By: Starde on 10/11/13 at 8:36 pm

It's just occurred to me that there are millions of kids who have grown up never thinking of MTV as a music video distribution channel.

Oh wow, you're right! :o

Written By: 80sfan on 10/13/13 at 10:17 am

probably in the early 90's. ???

I know huh? By the late 90s all they played was 1 and a half minute clips of a song!

Written By: Howard on 10/13/13 at 4:15 pm

I know huh? By the late 90s all they played was 1 and a half minute clips of a song!

now they play nothing at all.

Check for new replies or respond here...