inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The IDEAL female body shape...circa...NOW!

Written By: The Valley Goth on 10/16/13 at 12:30 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

If you're a woman, and you're NOT an hourglass, voluptuous, or thin with assets, then you might want to think about either getting thee to the gym, or getting thee to a plastic surgeon straight away, because those three female shapes are the top three IDEAL female body shapes...circa...NOW!

s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/5166095/1/

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8)

Subject: Re: The IDEAL female body shape...circa...NOW!

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 10/21/13 at 11:32 pm

Can we get one of these charts for male bodies too? :D

Written By: Katluver on 10/22/13 at 1:53 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

If you're a woman, and you're NOT an hourglass, voluptuous, or thin with assets, then you might want to think about either getting thee to the gym, or getting thee to a plastic surgeon straight away, because those three female shapes are the top three IDEAL female body shapes...circa...NOW!

8)

I think I'm either a boring average or thin (without assets). Time to get back to the gym!

Written By: Howard on 10/22/13 at 6:39 am

Can we get one of these charts for male bodies too? :D

Do they even have a chart for us guys?

Written By: warped on 10/22/13 at 7:12 am

If you're a woman, and you're NOT an hourglass, voluptuous, or thin with assets, then you might want to think about either getting thee to the gym, or getting thee to a plastic surgeon straight away.

This is really gonna make women feel happy  ::)

Telling someone who is overweight to go to a gym...like they haven't heard it 18 zillion times already.

In my entire dating life, I have never considered whether a woman is "hourglass, voluptuous, or thin with assets" or not. It's the person inside that counts. In fact most women I have met who are a perfect figure, voluptuous with assets and whatever, are spoiled or stuck-up.

Like most of your posts, never know when or if you are serious or not, esp when a post begins with "Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,"...coz if I were a female who wasn't happy with my body shape, I might feel very bad after reading the 1st post. :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 10/22/13 at 7:41 am

This is really gonna make women feel happy  ::)

Telling someone who is overweight to go to a gym...like they haven't heard it 18 zillion times already.

In my entire dating life, I have never considered whether a woman is "hourglass, voluptuous, or thin with assets" or not. It's the person inside that counts. In fact most women I have met who are a perfect figure, voluptuous with assets and whatever, are spoiled or stuck-up.

Like most of your posts, never know when or if you are serious or not, esp when a post begins with "Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,"...coz if I were a female who wasn't happy with my body shape, I might feel very bad after reading the 1st post. :-\\

Thank you.

As one of the bigger girls in the world, being told how I should go to the gym or that I am not the perfect figure.  I have a mirror, I don't need someone else pointing it out. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/22/13 at 9:37 am

Thank you.

As one of the bigger girls in the world, being told how I should go to the gym or that I am not the perfect figure.  I have a mirror, I don't need someone else pointing it out.
No worries Dag!!!  We are powerful women with a life!!!  We don't scheme out right on the chart anyhow  ;)  There is a lot in this world we value near and dear to us!  This should not be one of them

O0

Written By: Howard on 10/22/13 at 7:31 pm

Thank you.

Exactly, no one needs to tell you how you should live your life.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/22/13 at 7:44 pm

No worries Dag!!!  We are powerful women with a life!!!  We don't scheme out right on the chart anyhow  ;)  There is a lot in this world we value near and dear to us!  This should not be one of them

O0

True.  :)

Written By: amjikloviet on 10/23/13 at 12:48 pm

I've been hearing about this for years. And I notice how every year it's the same thing: go spend who knows how long at the gym and get the "perfect" body. ::) I feel this subject has gotten really old, and everyone knows there is no such thing as an ideal female body. I also think that over the years, women in particular have grown tired of being told what body shape and look they should have.

Being happy with our own body shape is what's in now! :)

Written By: Howard on 10/23/13 at 2:16 pm

And no guy these days could ever have "the perfect female body", there's no such thing. big boobs, long legs and tight butt? maybe in our dream.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/23/13 at 7:16 pm

And no guy these days could ever have "the perfect female body", there's no such thing. big boobs, long legs and tight butt? maybe in our dream.

Not to mention not every guy has the same taste.  That may not be the "perfect female body" for everyone.

Written By: warped on 10/24/13 at 8:58 am

Not to mention not every guy has the same taste.  That may not be the "perfect female body" for everyone.

Very true.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/24/13 at 11:18 am

It would be nice if the whole curvy/meaty look from the 50s and first half of the 60s came back. Then in the late 60s came that damn model name Twiggy, and it was never the same again for women! >:( >:(

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/13 at 4:15 pm

Why would a guy want big boobs and a tight butt? 

Written By: Howard on 10/24/13 at 4:36 pm

and not every guy wants a Barbie-esque type figure.

Written By: Howard on 10/24/13 at 4:37 pm

Maybe that's what they dream about sometimes.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/24/13 at 7:30 pm

I have seen quite a few guys with big boobs, but they definitely don't have a tight butt. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/13 at 7:46 pm

Ideal female body shape...according to another obscure message board on the Internet!
::)

Written By: Howard on 10/25/13 at 6:48 am

I have seen quite a few guys with big boobs, but they definitely don't have a tight butt. ;D

and where did you see that?

Written By: Dagwood on 10/25/13 at 7:20 am

and where did you see that?

Have you never seen guys walking around without shirts that have huge man boobs?  Turn on the Biggest Loser during weigh in.

Written By: Howard on 10/25/13 at 9:23 am

Have you never seen guys walking around without shirts that have huge man boobs?  Turn on the Biggest Loser during weigh in.

Yes I have.

Written By: aja675 on 11/08/13 at 8:21 am

BTW, I go to Anthroscape myself. It's filled with evil people. If you wanna know why political correctness exists, sign up there.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/08/13 at 5:42 pm

Have you never seen guys walking around without shirts that have huge man boobs?

They're called moobs.  ;D

Written By: aja675 on 11/08/13 at 5:58 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

8)
Do you also go on Anthroscape?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/08/13 at 11:42 pm

Someone said I had an hourglass shape, so I'll keep my happy ass away from the gym.

I just want bigger boobs, and I'd be pleased. I'm not opposed to cosmetic surgery, but since I can't afford it, Fredrick's of Hollywood is my best friend.  ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/09/13 at 1:06 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

8)

http://sanityisreallyoverrated.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/sakuri_head.png

... ... ...

Gee... I didn't know 32 votes on a forum equaled millions upon millions of men's preferences.

http://expresswithgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/mrhumphries.gif

No one speaks for me except myself.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/09/13 at 1:18 am

BTW, I go to Anthroscape myself. It's filled with evil people. If you wanna know why political correctness exists, sign up there.

I just looked at a thread on that site, someone used Autism as a buzzword on there.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/09/13 at 2:14 am

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZKNTSb-rKjc/TUHB4l0hP7I/AAAAAAAAAEs/BOfdwmX0sD8/s1600/Robert+Paulson.jpg

His NAME is ROBERT PAULSON.

(but yeah, in polite company, which that movie wasn't, their name is moobs.)

Written By: aja675 on 11/09/13 at 3:11 am

I just looked at a thread on that site, someone used Autism as a buzzword on there.

Not to mention that on the Anthroscape Skype group, everyone's idea of drama there consists of accusing the female members of liking black men. I love Anthroscape, being an anthropology lover and all, but it's filled with jerks and I am at a disadvantage there as a gay guy of color.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/09/13 at 11:57 am

Not to mention that on the Anthroscape Skype group, everyone's idea of drama there consists of accusing the female members of liking black men. I love Anthroscape, being an anthropology lover and all, but it's filled with jerks and I am at a disadvantage there as a gay guy of color.

It's my first time seeing that site, just from the little I looked at it, you right about that.

The use of Autism on there reminds me of 4chan(One of the internet's Dante's Infernos) to some degree.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/13 at 3:59 pm

and I love my moobs.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/09/13 at 4:00 pm

I just want bigger boobs, and I'd be pleased. I'm not opposed to cosmetic surgery, but since I can't afford it, Fredrick's of Hollywood is my best friend.

bigger boobs?  :o What? you're not happy with what god gave you?  ???

Written By: tv on 11/16/13 at 10:06 pm

Number 12 and 13: Voluputous/BBW and Voluputous/Thick.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/17/13 at 1:15 am

bigger boobs?  :o What? you're not happy with what god gave you?  ???

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/axiemeluv/Smiley/bth_smiley_embarrassed.png
I'm fine with everything else, I'd just like to be a bit larger in that area. I'm exceptionally pleased with the rest of my body and my face. ;) Just everyone else in my family got boobs and the boob gene apparently skipped me. LOL.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/13 at 3:54 pm

Number 12 and 13: Voluputous/BBW and Voluputous/Thick.

"more pushin for the cushion". ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/17/13 at 3:56 pm

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/axiemeluv/Smiley/bth_smiley_embarrassed.png
I'm fine with everything else, I'd just like to be a bit larger in that area. I'm exceptionally pleased with the rest of my body and my face. ;) Just everyone else in my family got boobs and the boob gene apparently skipped me. LOL.

Hey I would like a bigger ---- but you don't hear me complaining about it.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/17/13 at 9:17 pm

Hey I would like a bigger ---- but you don't hear me complaining about it.  ;D

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/18/13 at 6:49 am

;D

Hey, I can dream.  ;)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/19/13 at 12:05 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I understand the sentiments of other women, who, like MYSELF, can't seem to live up to social images, but if you thought that I was trying to be seriously bossy (which I WASN'T...I was trying to say something like..."If you want to have today's ideal figure, then you'd better either go to the gym, or get plastic surgery..."), consider what the article's AUTHOR was trying to be, because HE was addressing all women, and I don't even think that HE was relaying somebody ELSE'S message, either!

I think that it'd be interesting if somebody posted a page like that about the guys...<cough>...I want a guy who looks like John Stamos...or Grizzly Adams...<cough>... ;)

If I'm The Messenger, though, and you're gonna "shoot me", then you're gonna have to "shoot the author of the article", too, because HE posted that body image idea...in front of God and everyone...before I ever even learned that it existed on the web...

Oh, and if anybody takes the slang term "shoot the messenger" LITERALLY, then "I'm gonna stick my head right in the oven"... ;)

With regards to Anthroscape, I've never even heard of it...
8)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/19/13 at 1:09 am

Wasn't "shooting the messenger", only stating my thoughts like everyone else in this thread.  ;)

Something from a site I've never heard of before that only has a small amount of votes doesn't mean jack squat in my eyes(and still wouldn't even if it had 100,000+ votes or more. As I stated before, they don't speak for me).

That said Anthroscape seems to scream "I'm 4chan in disguise", considering what they use for buzzwords.  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/19/13 at 7:55 am

"If you want to have today's ideal figure, then you'd better either go to the gym, or get plastic surgery..."),

or unless you want this kind of woman http://yourbestyou90.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Isabell_sample2.jpg  :D

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/240x360/g_j/JWildenstein_05RexB.jpg

or you want to look like Jocelyn Wilderstein  :D

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 1:21 am

Like, Hi, Howard, Fer Shurr,

OMG!  I think that I'm gonna be SICK!  Gouge my EYES out with a SPORK, fer SHURR!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/21/13 at 1:55 am

Well that Wildebeast woman looks better as a blonde.

I think what I look for in a guy is normal. I used to want a Michael Jackson looking guy, but once I realized men just DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT, I started wanting something more normal. (and all the look alikes or either gay or taken! grrrr!)

I like Marlon. He's got a normal pudgy body, normal height, no odd or strange looks about him, and a set of lips I could write sonnets about.

Now how hard is it to find a black man with large lips, a potbelly of average height. It occurs somewhere and if I can find one with a decent personality, I'll be happy.

And to be honest the first thing I notice about a man is his mouth. Does he have a nice smile, does he have nice lips I could see myself kissing. I like to kiss, I'm a good kisser, I want to enjoy kissing. I don't think about anything else before I consider the lips. I like to smile. I want to enjoy seeing the man smile as he enjoys seeing me smile ( I HATE gold teeth)
With the exception of MJ, every other celeb I like has lips for days. Marlon, Prince, LL Cool J. Ne-yo, the White guy from  "Scrubs",  the Black guy from Scrubs...  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 7:45 am

Like, Hi, Howard, Fer Shurr,

OMG!  I think that I'm gonna be SICK!  Gouge my EYES out with a SPORK, fer SHURR!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 7:49 am

http://doblelol.com/uploads/19/funny-cartoon-baby-pictures.jpg

Isn't this the idea female body shape?  :D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/22/13 at 2:03 am

;D

Gouge my eyes out with a spork...I am going to start saying that now, thank you.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/13 at 4:13 pm

My IDEAL female body shape is pear-shaped!  :D

Written By: aja675 on 11/18/15 at 4:26 am

I remember this. I cringe now at this. I wrote this when I was 17 in 2013 and I went through an SJW phase.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/18/15 at 7:33 am

Ideal female body shape. Boy does this bring back memories of high school! Not in a good way. Girls would lament how "fat" they were and they already wore single digit sizes! I was skinnier back then, but I've put on since my early 20's and would settle for just being in the low 130's or a size 10. I was doing good hovering the upper 130's, but food temptations. Ever hear the term, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips?" Exactly how I gain it. :-[ I have however been doing a few sit ups and have a weight I've been lifting in each hand. I don't do gyms.

Real women can have curves...or not, and that's fine. Real people come with different body types and some are prone to building muscle, retaining weight, or never gaining an ounce and that's just how it is.  ???

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/18/15 at 8:47 am

My dream girl has a hourglass shape. Nice waist, hips, medium butt and thick thighs/legs. I think the body shape is referred to as slightly, fairly or average thick. 

Its basically this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8v8Ye1KB4

I know Nicki's is considered off the charts, but it looks medium here.

Her personality is random and considered flawed, but to me its perfect. I love when girls have neck length hair. Its original. I can't stand long hair. The fad is annoying, generic, wannabe princess.

Ah, edited mistake.

Written By: aja675 on 11/19/15 at 10:00 pm

I see an SJW buzzword and I cringe. I really backstabbed that forum a little too much. I suppose I was really harsh about Anthroscape considering I have problems fitting in there.

Written By: aja675 on 11/23/15 at 4:09 am

I see an SJW buzzword and I cringe. I really backstabbed that forum a little too much. I suppose I was really harsh about Anthroscape considering I have problems fitting in there.
For some reason, that forum brings out the worst in me and I tend to come up with the weirdest of personas there.

Written By: aja675 on 11/25/15 at 12:36 am

For some reason, that forum brings out the worst in me and I tend to come up with the weirdest of personas there.
I have nothing against Anthroscape, and it's not as bad as you'd assume it would be judging from what I've said, but I really have problems fitting in there.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/29/15 at 11:06 am

I don't really like that the ideal shape for women now puts emphasis on a large butt. (which is odd because I DO like a big butt on a man)
Last week, I was doing something at dialysis and one of the nurses (female) pointed out it seemed my butt was getting bigger. I literally stayed upset and self-conscious for two days. Because while it might be an attractive attribute, I came up as a fat kid and literally was told everything on my body when I was bigger was ugly, and undesirable and a mess. So in my head, even though I'm smaller, if I hear a remark like that, I instantly translate it to "FAT". It's not a compliment to me if someone says I have a big butt. Them's fighting words really.  >:(

In an ideal world, for myself. I'd love to have a body like old bombshell Jayne Mansfield.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/14/8f/b9/148fb9776870c5ebd5dc2ad9ec063126.jpg

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/30/15 at 8:03 am

I don't really like that the ideal shape for women now puts emphasis on a large butt. (which is odd because I DO like a big butt on a man)
Last week, I was doing something at dialysis and one of the nurses (female) pointed out it seemed my butt was getting bigger. I literally stayed upset and self-conscious for two days. Because while it might be an attractive attribute, I came up as a fat kid and literally was told everything on my body when I was bigger was ugly, and undesirable and a mess. So in my head, even though I'm smaller, if I hear a remark like that, I instantly translate it to "FAT". It's not a compliment to me if someone says I have a big butt. Them's fighting words really.  >:(

In an ideal world, for myself. I'd love to have a body like old bombshell Jayne Mansfield.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/14/8f/b9/148fb9776870c5ebd5dc2ad9ec063126.jpg

Not very professional of that nurse to comment like that. Ideal shape is always something unattainable. You have to be thin, but have assets in the right places.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/30/15 at 10:34 am

Not very professional of that nurse to comment like that. Ideal shape is always something unattainable. You have to be thin, but have assets in the right places.

This is true. But right about now, I'd consider doing just about anything in order for someone to ask me out on a date. Just somebody.  :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/30/15 at 12:06 pm

Wow Tiff, I'm sorry to hear about that! :o

Written By: Howard on 11/30/15 at 2:57 pm

This is true. But right about now, I'd consider doing just about anything in order for someone to ask me out on a date. Just somebody.  :)

Would you be willing to travel if that guy lived far?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/30/15 at 11:52 pm

Wow Tiff, I'm sorry to hear about that! :o

I'm fine now, I'm just not really used to hearing comments on my figure, that's all.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/da/3a/7f/da3a7fa1b0fa527e8027242859e7ae1b.jpg
I took this during my trip to Florida this past June, I was a size 10/12...and I remember wanting to look slim beside the life-sized MJ dummy. (The jacket isn't mine LOL) That used to worry me if I met MJ, who was so thin, I ddn't want to look like Free Willy next to him. I've lost a dress size since then, so I'm an 8 now. (And I was happy when I saw 3T posing next to the very same dummy--I don't think they liked it, though.)

Would you be willing to travel if that guy lived far?

I suppose so if we were serious enough. The only thing is I have to make sure wherever I am I have access to dialysis and really my experience with those people in Florida was a clusterfudge the way they handled business and patients. I would prefer a homegrown man is possible. I just want someone very kind, very sweet, honest, church-going. (bonus points if he's a Thickums like Taryll)
Some Nigerian guy is already trying to holla at me, but I wouldn't hold my breath at all.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/26/16 at 9:30 pm

I was wrong. I prefer my females Pear shaped. The hourglass shape only look good in fiction from what I seen.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/27/16 at 5:22 am

The Olsen Twins were looking hot in some pics TMZ put out the other day...  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/27/16 at 3:11 pm

I was wrong. I prefer my females Pear shaped. The hourglass shape only look good in fiction from what I seen.

I like busty figures.  ;)

Written By: 2001 on 09/27/16 at 4:50 pm

The Olsen Twins were looking hot in some pics TMZ put out the other day...  :P

O_o I'm scared to look at this... They'll always be 13 years old in my head.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/27/16 at 6:21 pm

O_o I'm scared to look at this... They'll always be 13 years old in my head.

Well if you don't want to feel guilty, there is always their sister Elizabeth who is smokin' hot.

Check for new replies or respond here...