inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eminem lands seventh UK number one album

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/13 at 2:42 pm

Eminem has become the first US artist to have seven consecutive number ones in the UK album chart.

The rapper topped the UK album chart on Sunday with his latest studio record, The Marshall Mathers LP 2.

But his collaboration with Rihanna, The Monster, was knocked off the top of the UK singles chart by Storm Queen's Look Right Through.

It was the first British number one for the US DJ, who remixed the underground track to make it more chart-friendly.

With Monster dropping to second, Little Mix scored the next highest new entry with Move, the first single from their upcoming second album, Salute.

Royals, from 16-year-old New Zealand singer/songwriter Lorde, slipped two places to number four, while One Direction's Story of My Life slid one place to number five.

Britney Spears scored her 23rd UK top 10 single with Work Bitch at number seven.

Ed Sheeran's I See Fire, his first new solo track for two years, went in at number 13. It features on the soundtrack of the second instalment of Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Eminem's number one album is a continuation of his first UK chart number one from 2000, The Marshall Mathers LP.

2012 X Factor winner James Arthur enjoyed a new entry at number two with his self-titled debut album.

Tinie Tempah's Demonstration, Andre Rieu and Johann Strauss Orchestra's Music of the Night and The Overtones's Saturday Night at the Movies were at three, four and five respectively, ensuring this week's top five albums were all new entries.

Former Westlife star Shane Filan's solo debut, You and Me, entered the chart at number six.

Subject: Re: Eminem lands seventh UK number one album

Written By: Paul on 11/13/13 at 6:20 am

Y'know...not one of those names mean anything to me...

...and ain't I glad about that!

Subject: Re: Eminem lands seventh UK number one album

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/17/13 at 1:23 am

:o

Check for new replies or respond here...