inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are today's American kids (4-17) hopelessly strange? (Rant Alert!)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/18/13 at 11:55 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

These days, I've come to believe that today's American kids (ages 4-17) are hopelessly strange...AND RUDE as all heck, to boot!  Mind you, I am 34.5, going on 35, of course, but I'm NOT exactly a total "Victorian", or anything. ;)

I mean, about a year or so ago, I was volunteering somewhere, and the 13-year-old daughter of an employee (NOT my boss, thank goodness), came over to eat with me.  My "employer" had bought burgers for us, and I just happened to comment about the fact that I wasn't going to finish mine, due to the fact that the inside of the darned thing was pink.  I may have sounded ungrateful, but this kid took it upon herself to tell me how she and HER family ate pink meat ALL of the time, and how I was being ungrateful and rude!  Really!?  Since when is it RUDE to avoid E Coli?  SHE wasn't the one who's cousin's cousin was permanently brain damaged because he ate contaminated food at the age of SIX; he's NOW 27, and his mother STILL bathes him and changes his underwear, etc., because she has no choice!

An employee whom I know currently works with kids, and during recent years, that employee told me stories of children who will literally scream whenever they see a bug out in nature, because they've never seen a BUG in their entire lives!  WEIRD, I am SHURR!  I'M somewhat OCD about certain things, but even I'M not afraid of a non-poisonous bug, and I knew what bugs looked like when I was young!

I'm currently involved with a community activity, and, so far, I've met not ONE, but TWO or more...STRANGE kids!  The first is this slightly moody 10-year-old (?).  She sometimes tries to be super friendly with me, and then, at other times, she's moody as heck, and, in many ways, I wish that she'd stop trying to talk to me!  Recently, I was late for something that I SHOULD'VE been doing, because, while I was at the bathroom sink, washing my hands, this kid literally distracted me with something which I, at first, thought that I should take seriously.

The tap water was on at a pretty loud volume while I was washing my hands, and she leaned towards me, saying, "That noise is SOOO annoying in here!", or something like that.  I took her seriously, because I stupidly assumed that the people in the other room were hearing me wash my hands, and that maybe I shouldn't have the tap on at so loud of a volume.  It turns out that this darned kid is the ONLY one who's annoyed by the sound of loud water, and that she wanted to...INSTRUCT me to keep the "volume" down whenever SHE was in the bathroom with me!  WHAT THE...OMG, I SWEAR!  Somebody call the Mental Police, I'm SHURR, before I suffer from my future nervous breakdown, which is gonna be brought about by all of the insanity!  I was made LATE to an IMPORTANT ACTIVITY because I LITERALLY thought that this kid was going to tell me something that was GENUINELY IMPORTANT!  How can people raise children who behave in this destructive way?  Oh, wait.  I won't ask that question, 'cause I KNOW that the answer is "Procreation Without License!", or else, "Child-Raising Without Involvement!"

The second kid who has proved to be annoying is about 14, and her mother is the nicest woman whom you could EVER hope to meet.  I am not kidding.  This woman is sooo sweet; she says "Hello!" to me at times when she could easily pass by silently.  Her daughter is really enthusiastic, but the poor kid seems to be far too paranoid for her own good.  I recently had to tell her something through a slightly open changing room door, and she went batsh*t crazy, nearly slamming the door in my face; I am tellin' you that NOBODY else has EVER treated me that way...EVER, and that I DIDN'T open the door really wide, and stand there casually, as though nobody else was walking by!  If I can remember correctly, I had to speak to her later, because there was too much noise in the changing room, anyway.  Of course, she was in that changing room with at LEAST three other young women, and she and I are NOT enemies, anyway, so she had no reason to be quite so paranoid.  Guess what?  That changing room is the ONLY changing room in the ENTIRE HALL that now features a stupid PADLOCK, because NOBODY ELSE, ADULT OR CHILD, is as paranoid as this girl!  She was either molested as a young kid, or she's THE most paranoid girl in the world, and she needs to think about the irony of being paranoid about people seeing her when she's changing clothes with OTHER PEOPLE in a room!  Her paranoia is even MORE ironic, because she's been using the changing rooms for several YEARS now.  Nobody ELSE has gone literally crazy because people of both genders pass in the hall.  Nobody ELSE has made so big a deal of anything like that. 

I'll admit that when I was 17, and some woman accidentally walked in on me in a bathroom stall, making a rude remark, I stormed down the hall of the eatery, screaming at the top of my lungs, and refused the woman's apology (I was immature and rude on that, and a few other occasions, and my parents let me know that I SHOULD'VE been polite)...but, then again, I wasn't standing inside of the stall with four OTHER girls, EITHER, and THEN getting angry with that lady.  LOL!  Some nice people have THE...WEIRDEST...KIDS...EVER, I SWEAR!  What a pity...

On a side note, the bathroom stall doors in a local building don't lock very well, and, being unfamiliar with the building, I obviously didn't lock a stall door well enough, and some lady accidentally walked in on me.  I was shocked, but I behaved maturely.  I jokingly told her the story about when I was 17, saying, "It's a good thing that you didn't do that when I was SEVENTEEN!", and we had a good laugh.  She apologized, and I said that I was sorry, too, because I could've sworn that I'd locked the door (The building is truly in disrepair...in sooo many ways, fer shurr!)

I may have been curious,  and occasionally rude when I was a YOUNG kid (I was known to ask overweight adults why they looked fat, to sing the Sears theme song while I was in The May Company, and to accidentally hang up on an important call or two), but my mother and father had the decency to NOT allow me to be extremely, EXTREMELY obnoxious around adults, or to try to boss adults about whenever I thought that I wished to do so, etc.  It's not, like, ROCKET science, Dude!  It's, like, called..."P-A-R-E-N-T-I-N-G", and those who KNOW how do do it are being insulted by those who are, like, fer SHURR so CLUELESS about it that I'd like to gag myself with a spoon when I even THINK about them...

I'll pity MYSELF if I ever have kids, because, like, am I supposed to tell MY future kids to say "Hello!" to the mail delivery worker on Monday, and to accuse that same man or woman of being a drug dealer on Tuesday, just because their (my kid's) moods changed between Monday and Tuesday?  Should I allow any potential teen daughter that I might have to have such a phobia about lawnmowers that she fills a bucket with dog urine, and ruins a neighbor's flower garden, just because the neighbor was annoying her by mowing their own lawn?  ::)   

Towns really need to give awards to the rudest kids ever, because rudeness is becoming a genuine, U.S.D.A.-certified Forward-Thinking Youth trait in America.  If we can't make America better, then we should at LEAST endorse degradation to the Nth degree, until we have the "honor" of becoming the world's first Ultimate Third World Nation, fer SHURR; every nation must be known for SOME accomplishment, right?  ::)  I may never have had the "enjoyment" of slopping through a slum, and stealing from unconscious drug addicts in a terrorist-run nation, but neither do TODAY'S kids...and America (for the most part, anyway) just stands by...condoning, laughing about, and WAITING for...the social disaster of some future year!

For awhile, I was marvelling at the phenomenon known as "The Child-Free Couple"; I am now truly, TRULY beginning to understand that phenomenon...I only think that it's sad that the state of American society has become so bad that so many couples don't want to be anywhere NEAR other people's children...AND that the kids of the 1980s seem to be as delightful as the reformed Von Trapp kids...by comparison to TODAY'S kids...

I don't even think that today's teens wish to raise tomorrow's thieves, thugs, and muggers, but if America gleefully (?) continues down the path of today...everybody's gonna watch our society melt into a pile of...I don't KNOW what...but I hope that I'M not living to face the rancid truth...unless that truth has been turned into something of WORTH.  I'll tell you that I'M not going to support today's bad social habits, with regards to child-raising!

I believe that one SHOULD be able to forgo extreme strictness, AND extreme ignorance, and that one SHOULD still be able to raise decent, reasonable kids in a rule-based, but understanding way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how many extremely strange, rude children have you met lately, and are they driving you crazy yet, even if they AREN'T yours?  Do you think that there's a safe, sane cure for "The All-American, Rude Kid", or do you think that that horse left the barn so long ago that American society is effectively screwed?  Should each American family be out for themselves, or does it REALLY "take a village to raise a child"?
>:(

Subject: Re: Are today's American kids (4-17) hopelessly strange? (Rant Alert!)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/19/13 at 8:20 am

Wow.  Have you ever stopped to think maybe the 10 year old in the bathroom had some kind of disorder?  There is a girl at our church with a slight form of autism and noise bothers her.  Not even loud noises.  You have to take her out of the room.  And, telling you that the noise is annoying is something she would do.  It's not that she is a rude child, it is the disorder taking over. 

And, why in the hell are you opening a dressing room door with someone in there anyway?  I don't care if there are other people in there, you weren't.  You were the one being rude opening the door. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/13 at 8:37 am

Honestly the kids in those scenarios didn't seem all that rude.

I did however notice one common denominator in each scenario  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/19/13 at 10:03 am

Sometimes kids like to joke around!  ;D

Written By: warped on 11/19/13 at 10:16 am

Honestly the kids in those scenarios didn't seem all that rude.

I did however notice one common denominator in each scenario  ::)

Lol

Written By: Step-chan on 11/19/13 at 12:41 pm

Lol

Agreed.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/19/13 at 1:20 pm

Really how can you be complaining about how kids are behaving, when you (as an adult) can't write a post without valley girl slang!  Perhaps in your next .5 year you will grow up!  Till then I honestly can't take anything you write seriously (or even stand to read it for what it's worth).

Written By: Funboat on 11/19/13 at 1:23 pm

Two examples:

An annoying kid trying to tell an adult about financial decisions...but the kid doesn't even know what "accounting" is.

An adult tells a kid to be quiet in a library. The kid becomes angry and screams.

Written By: Tam on 11/19/13 at 2:09 pm

An employee whom I know currently works with kids, and during recent years, that employee told me stories of children who will literally scream whenever they see a bug out in nature, because they've never seen a BUG in their entire lives!  WEIRD, I am SHURR!  I'M somewhat OCD about certain things, but even I'M not afraid of a non-poisonous bug, and I knew what bugs looked like when I was young!

This is the only part I will chime in on.
Like Dagnabbit said - there are children with disorders.

Case in point: my very good friend here has an 11 year old daughter who suffers from Anxiety. Serious Anxiety.
She know what bugs are, can watch them on tv and movies etc. but if a bug even for one second appears in front of her, she has a total melt down. So much so that it will cause her to have a seizure.

JMHO: respect - you get what you give. And if I were you, I might want to go to the doctor's and have myself checked out because it sounds like you have an anxiety or phobia - of children.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/13 at 3:26 pm

Really how can you be complaining about how kids are behaving, when you (as an adult) can't write a post without valley girl slang!  Perhaps in your next .5 year you will grow up!  Till then I honestly can't take anything you write seriously (or even stand to read it for what it's worth).

I know I agree, she does use it a bit too much.

Written By: meesa on 11/19/13 at 3:45 pm

I can think of more alarming things than rudeness...
            like the callousness some people display when speaking about other people..
                                                          by dismissing their reactions immediately as rudeness.

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/13 at 6:50 pm

I can think of more alarming things than rudeness...
            like the callousness some people display when speaking about other people..
                                                          by dismissing their reactions immediately as rudeness.

Nailed it!

Written By: XYkid on 11/19/13 at 7:51 pm

Seriously, can we please leave valley girl slang in the 1980s where it belongs?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/19/13 at 10:57 pm

Most people are pretty wild/crazy until they're like in their mid-20s.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/13 at 6:55 am

Seriously, can we please leave valley girl slang in the 1980s where it belongs?

I agree.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/20/13 at 11:06 pm

Voted "No, not really..." because not much has changed in the past 2400 years or so:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

- Someone riffing on a few lines from a literal translation of a few lines from Aristophanes' parody of Socrates in Aristophanes' Clouds, and updating it for modern readers.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 2:18 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Okay.  I shall address each of those of you who are disgruntled with me individually, and please note that weather YOU have an...anxiety disorder or not, I am typing your name in all caps ONLY so that you'll be able to SEE it, and NOT because I like to randomly "shout" people's names online.  Seriously, I don't understand WHO made up the rule that all caps stood for shouting, and not simply for emphasis...

Oh, and, on a side note...for ALL of you who think that I'm obnoxious, will the one who changed my Karma Rating please stand up, so that I might at LEAST know the truth about the Karma Rating issue?  You have the freedom to change my Karma Rating, but I have the freedom to ask who you are.  You may answer me, or you may decide to not answer me.  This is the internet.

Well, anyway...

DAGNABBIT:  Today, EVERY kid seems to have SOME kind of a disorder.  It floors me that the parents, and the doctors of the 1980s weren't diagnosing, drugging, and coddling every kid on every corner, in the way that they do today.

Speaking of disorders, I myself am slightly OCD, but I wouldn't DARE just walk into a bathroom and lecture some woman about the fact that she'd been what I might consider to be a total pig by not washing her hands.  I'd wash MY hands, I'd take a paper towel, I'd open the door, and I'd throw the paper towel into the trash.

If that kid who lectured me in the bathroom has a real disorder, and she's THAT bothered by ONLY the sound of loud, running water (Mind you, she's in the scene during which loud gun noises go off, and she's not complained yet...), then either her mother needed to quietly make the cast aware of her daughter's special requirements...BEFORE innocent people began washing their hands at a normal volume, OR, if nobody wanted to reveal the fact that this kid had an Anxiety disorder, the kid could've said something to the effect that the sound of the water was hurting her ears.  I cannot take seriously what seems to be manipulation, until I know for a fact that it's a serious issue.

I mean, if I told you that I HAD to speak like a Valley Girl, or I'd start going crazy, or something, YOU wouldn't take ME seriously, because THAT would be pure BS, and we'd all KNOW it...fer SHURR!  ;)

With regards to the dressing room doors, those doors open and close all of the time, get LEFT open, etc., while people of all ages...AND BOTH genders...walk through the hall, and speaking through a closed door was NOT going to work, seeing as how the noise level was insane at the moment.

Oh, and for your information, I was inside of my group dressing room just the other night (WE only have a CURTAIN!  Imagine the immodesty of THAT, if you can... ::))...and some lady (Who WASN'T part of OUR dressing room group) popped her head in to ask a question, and guess WHAT?  NOBODY had a hissy fit!  THAT must've been mind-boggling and gobsmackingly shocking, fer SHURR!  ::)

SNOZBERRIES: There's ALWAYS a common denominator where bullying, rude people (Of ANY age) are concerned: The Victim.  I don't believe that I'll be allowing myself to play that role again.

80sFAN (I'm not upset with you, but I'm gonna respond to you, anyway): I understand what you're saying, because I was a kid myself, but I think that there's sometimes a line between joking around and being rude.  Mind you, this is ALSO a community theatre wherein the director has LITERALLY asked CAST MEMBERS to sign up to babysit the child actors (I'm NOT kidding!).  There's not one solitary person who's making the PARENTS of the child actors take responsibility for them, and I will NOT sign up to be a non-paid, volunteer babysitter, when those are NOT my children; it's too easy for a PAID babysitter to get sued, much less a VOLUNTEER babysitter, because somebody's parents suddenly decide that they regret having put THEIR children in somebody ELSE'S care.

WARPED: You always seem to be so individualistic, Warped.  I'm surprised that if you disliked my rant so much, you had nothing original to say.

STEP-CHAN: I know very little about you, except that you like to agree with people who don't like my opinions.  That's ultra-bombastic news, I'm SHURR, but I'll subscribe to a different paper next time...Sorry. <Yawn>

That probably seems to be an immature response, but how am I supposed to respond to somebody who hasn't said anything new, anyway, and who hasn't even explained their reasons for agreeing with somebody else?  You have the freedom to decline to explain yourself to me, and I have the freedom to write off those people who aren't willing to explain themselves to me.

2KIDSAMI:  It's one thing to disagree with my opinions, but I find it strange that using Valley Girl slang is considered to be ultra immature behavior, when the way by which people choose to speak is just a general American freedom.

I guess that it's NOT immature to become outrageously annoyed because someone exercises their freedom in a way that you simply don't agree with?  If THAT were the case, then I could rail endlessly about each and every Inthe00s avatar that personally offended me, and everybody else would have my back when I attacked the people who had posted those avatars?  I don't THINK so, because to rail at everybody with whom one doesn't agree, simply because their avatars, or their speech patterns annoy that person, IS immature.  Sorry.

FUNBOAT (I'm not upset with you, but I don't know weather or not you were in favor of what I was saying...Sorry...):  If you were agreeing, OR disagreeing with me, I can totally understand the two examples that you responded with.   

TAM: SERIOUSLY...that reply was RESPECTFUL?  Really?  In which universe?  If we're all supposed to be so understanding of people with disorders, then YOU just broke THAT rule, because there ARE probably people who are clinically afraid of children, and, according to the rule book that everybody seems to be throwing at ME, people who suffer from phobias SHOULDN'T be made fun of.  Who are YOU to suggest that ANYBODY should check themselves into a hospital?  If you work as a Psychologist, I might have to eat my words, but, otherwise...

Fortunately, I DON'T happen to have a fear of children, in general.  One of the main children who's starring in this play is the most delightful child that anybody could ever meet, and I'm sure that she's not ALWAYS perfect, but she has been nothing short of delightfully respectful, sweet, and good-natured.  Her mother is also in the play with her, but they could BOTH be unmitigated snobs, or rude ingrates, and THEY'RE not like that in the LEAST.  There are some other kids who are usually polite, too, and I have absolutely NO problem with THEM, EITHER...so...   

HOWARD (I'm not upset with you, but I am shocked!):  Now, really, Howard, you never told me that you hated the Valspeak.  I'm shocked! :o 

MEESA:  I can think of more alarming things than rudeness, too...like the COMBINATION of callousness and rudeness that some people display when they're responding to somebody else's opinion with the automatic assumption that that person is 100% cruel, when they don't even know all of the details that go along with the situation that that person was describing.

XYKID: I hate to say this, but until the American government issues an official ban on ANY kind of slang (I don't care if it's Valspeak, or Southern Slang, or Ebonics, or British slang, or Scandinavian slang, or WHAT), NOBODY has the OFFICIAL right to tell ANYBODY else which decade a certain type of slang belongs in!  I ALSO hate to say that if you're an XY kid, then the X half of YOUR generation invented, and embraced Valspeak.  It SUCKS to hate your own history, don't it?
8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 2:30 am

Before I read any if your responses.  You can go look at your profile and click on who changed my karma.
Looks like there was an annoyed face in the comment section of the fudge. Seems self explanatory to me.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 2:40 am

Like, Hi, Snozzberries, Fer Shurr,

Thanks!  Cool!  I had forgotten about that...although I'm sort of surprised that the person who subtracted a Karma from my Karma Rating didn't even respond to me, when they were so offended by what I'd said. 
8)

Before I read any if your responses.  You can go look at your profile and click on who changed my karma.
Looks like there was an annoyed face in the comment section of the fudge. Seems self explanatory to me.

Written By: Inertia on 11/21/13 at 2:48 am

That is quite an essay. You wrote 1,351 words.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 3:02 am

I'm not going back to check but I think Sami's point was its hard to take you seriously when you start off a seemingly serious topic with 'like hi fee sure'. It would be like a newscaster reporting death and destruction after sucking in some helium. It just sort of deflates your point.

For me I neglected to see any real rudeness in the examples you gave. Your point was fairly one sided and so its hard to accurately access the reaction of the kids you are describing.

1) There's a difference between undercooked and rare beef so was your burger under cooked or was it rare.  millions of people eat rare meat all the time. I don't think the kid was out of line for having a discussion with you about the food I think you just took the conversation wrong.  And even if you didn't who gives a rats ass what some 13 yr old thinks about what you do with your food no matter who bought it.

2) I don't know that the kid's have never seen A bug in their entire lives but some people don't like bugs ...period. And I have seen some really weird bugs in my lifetime.  Personally I hate mice and snakes...and frogs. I don't care if its in nature, indoors or in a terrarium in a science class...if I see one I'm gonna jump...if I'm surprised by one I'm gonna scream.  It may be ridiculous but I wouldn't call it rude.

3) I really think you're over reacting about the water incident.  I mean how long could that exchange have been? If that exchange made you late I say you were already going to be late anyway and rather than taking responsibility for your own actions you are blaming the kid for being annoyed or whatever.

Also, you say you have some OCD...that makes me wonder how long you were washing your hands. Maybe she wa trying to get you to hurry up but didn't know any other way to do it. Or maybe the sound was loud again. The kid had a right to their opinion (something you seem fond of pointing out to others)

4) first of all I take offense to how casually you throw around the she must've been molested line then dismiss it as though it doesn't matter.  Here's the deal. She was in a dressing room. The door was cracked open...that doesn't give you the right to intrude on the privacy she had (real or presumed privacy it doesn't matter) you had no right to open the door further unless the bldg was on fire what could've been that important.  Did you k knock??? Did you announce yourself and wait for her to say come in? Or did you open a door that was partially closed without any warning.  I don't care how you reacted when it happened to u in a bathroom stall or in a dressing room. It doesn't matter how many people were in there or how many people walk down the hall. What matters is you decided that because the door was cracked you could just barge in on her as if she didn't have any rights.  You wee completely wrong in that situation.

Next time: knock and announce yourself or wait and pass on the information when the person dressed.

The only thing ride I saw in your post was your incessant intolerance of those around you.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 3:03 am

That is quite an essay. You wrote 1,351 words.

How many did I just write^?

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 3:04 am

Like, Hi, Snozzberries, Fer Shurr,

Thanks!  Cool!  I had forgotten about that...although I'm sort of surprised that the person who subtracted a Karma from my Karma Rating didn't even respond to me, when they were so offended by what I'd said. 
8)

There is no rule that says they have to.  Karma and fudge are freely given at a persons whim for whatever reason they want.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 3:06 am

To be clear.  I was annoyed by your post the first time I read it.
I just fudged you, since you feel compelled to know, because in order to respond to your rebuttals I had to go back and read that crap again.  >:(

Written By: Inertia on 11/21/13 at 3:10 am

You wrote 577 words.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 3:13 am

You wrote 577 words.  8)

Whew!!! Thanks!  :D

Written By: Inertia on 11/21/13 at 3:18 am

Whew!!! Thanks!  :D

No problem.

TVG has wrote 2,937 words combined in her first post and her essay on this page.

That is 5.874 percent of the 50,000 words needed to complete NaNoWriMo this month.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 3:47 am

Like, Hi, snozberries, Fer Shurr,

Well, okay, but if I agree to what you're saying, then, essentially, I shouldn't bother taking somebody seriously because they misspell words all of the time online, or because their avatar looks too silly to me.  THAT doesn't make sense, and neither does the act of refusing to take somebody seriously all because that person chooses to use a GREETING that the other person can't take seriously.

You don't exactly know ME all that well, but you're certainly quick to judge ME based upon a few comments/ rants that I've written. 

1.) Sooo, somebody should be allowed to tell me how to eat my food, and/ or which foods to eat, and/ or weather or not I'm being unreasonable, with regards to weather or not I eat those foods?  No, they SHOULDN'T, because THAT'S called RUDENESS!  I didn't say something like, "Well, you're just stupid to even THINK that way!", or anything like THAT, so what gives anybody of ANY age the right to presume to tell ME what to eat?

2.) I never said that that was rude.  I'd categorize THAT behavior under the category of "Hopelessly Strange".

3.) Believe me, if I'd been late, of my OWN accord, I'd have TOTALLY taken responsibility for my actions, because I'd have been CERTAIN that I had made MYSELF late.  I am upset about the fact that I had to listen to "instructions" (I don't even KNOW if every OTHER woman who uses that restroom got..."the lecture"...and I sincerely hope that they DIDN'T!) that didn't even apply to the noise code of the theatre, when, had I known that the "instructions" DIDN'T apply to a more serious issue, I COULD have hurried along more quickly, so that I could have been on time.

You're so quick to presume that the kid was just trying to hurry me along, and that I'M one really cruel woman, when you don't know either me, OR that kid.  Interesting...I'm especially curious to know why everybody else who's ever wanted ANYBODY to hurry up at a sink has simply asked to use the sink...The kid and I BOTH had a right to our opinions.

4.) Well, you seemed to casually suggest something about the bathroom kid...something that I've never heard one other kid say, and then you expected me to take that as being God's truth?

With regards to the comment about molestation, I WASN'T throwing that comment around.  I was stating the fact that I am aware that that MIGHT have been one possible, logical explanation for that girl's behavior (Ie: "Either she was actually molested, OR...something else...)

Oh, and if you're SO quick to declare somebody ELSE'S right to privacy, then what about the rights to privacy of myself...AND the FOUR or so OTHER women who were there when that lady pulled OUR curtain aside, just to talk to US?  SHE wasn't a part of our group.  We weren't offended, but, you see, if you're going to be an advocate for privacy, then you really ought to be upset with EVERYBODY who breaks the rule that privacy is a right.

I think that everybody seems to be missing the point that if you're 14, you've been volunteering for a few years at a theatre that features some fairly lenient standards (Ie: You KNOW that the dressing rooms are fairly makeshift, and you KNOW that both genders walk through the hallway, and you KNOW that people open the doors, close the doors, talk to each other all of the time, etc.), and nobody is obviously stalking you, you might reasonably be viewed as being strange when you decide to suddenly go crazy...AND put a padlock on the door handle (The ONLY padlock in the ENTIRE HALLWAY, mind you...and nobody finds THAT to be weird?)

Sometimes, the phrase "If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen!" applies, ESPECIALLY when there hasn't been so much as one WHISPER about any instances of stalking, peeping, groping, etc.  If there WERE rumors of inappropriate behavior, then I'D probably ask my dressing roommates if THEY'D like to have me get a door, and a lock for OUR dressing room.  Seeing as how casualness and respect BOTH seem to be thriving at the theater, I don't think that the padlock is anything more than a ridiculous overreaction...

Oh, and I might just casually ask somebody exactly who had the lock installed (I don't really CARE if YOU don't think that that's my business, because I have the right to ask an innocent question, weather or NOT the other person chooses to give me an answer.), because I'm slightly curious to know if EVERYBODY who changes there REALLY wanted that lock, or if ONE person (Or maybe one person's mother) just took it upon themselves to install the lock...without considering the desires of the other girls (I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the other girls who uses that dressing room truly wishes that the padlock wasn't there, and if she felt as though she was being looked at as being reactionary, just because there was a silly padlock on the dressing room that she had to share with four other people...only ONE or TWO of which thought that there should be a padlock on the door...)

I don't think that I'll EVER understand the way by which someone can apply concepts of privacy, rights to opinions, to everybody EXCEPT for the person with whom they disagree.  By being so exclusive with said concepts, said person really negates the argument that such concepts are important enough to apply to EVERYBODY.
8)   

I'm not going back to check but I think Sami's point was its hard to take you seriously when you start off a seemingly serious topic with 'like hi fee sure'. It would be like a newscaster reporting death and destruction after sucking in some helium. It just sort of deflates your point.

For me I neglected to see any real rudeness in the examples you gave. Your point was fairly one sided and so its hard to accurately access the reaction of the kids you are describing.

1) There's a difference between undercooked and rare beef so was your burger under cooked or was it rare.  millions of people eat rare meat all the time. I don't think the kid was out of line for having a discussion with you about the food I think you just took the conversation wrong.  And even if you didn't who gives a rats ass what some 13 yr old thinks about what you do with your food no matter who bought it.

2) I don't know that the kid's have never seen A bug in their entire lives but some people don't like bugs ...period. And I have seen some really weird bugs in my lifetime.  Personally I hate mice and snakes...and frogs. I don't care if its in nature, indoors or in a terrarium in a science class...if I see one I'm gonna jump...if I'm surprised by one I'm gonna scream.  It may be ridiculous but I wouldn't call it rude.

3) I really think you're over reacting about the water incident.  I mean how long could that exchange have been? If that exchange made you late I say you were already going to be late anyway and rather than taking responsibility for your own actions you are blaming the kid for being annoyed or whatever.

Also, you say you have some OCD...that makes me wonder how long you were washing your hands. Maybe she wa trying to get you to hurry up but didn't know any other way to do it. Or maybe the sound was loud again. The kid had a right to their opinion (something you seem fond of pointing out to others)

4) first of all I take offense to how casually you throw around the she must've been molested line then dismiss it as though it doesn't matter.  Here's the deal. She was in a dressing room. The door was cracked open...that doesn't give you the right to intrude on the privacy she had (real or presumed privacy it doesn't matter) you had no right to open the door further unless the bldg was on fire what could've been that important.  Did you k knock??? Did you announce yourself and wait for her to say come in? Or did you open a door that was partially closed without any warning.  I don't care how you reacted when it happened to u in a bathroom stall or in a dressing room. It doesn't matter how many people were in there or how many people walk down the hall. What matters is you decided that because the door was cracked you could just barge in on her as if she didn't have any rights.  You wee completely wrong in that situation.

Next time: knock and announce yourself or wait and pass on the information when the person dressed.

The only thing ride I saw in your post was your incessant intolerance of those around you.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 4:00 am

Before I read the rest.

A persons avatar doesn't generally change - until they're a conscious choice to change it so it should hold no bearing in how you read one's post.

People are fallable so typos happen. If someone purposely misspelled every word that could be a problem. The difference is you have the choice whether to use valley speak or not.

I7 w0u1d b 1ik3 s0m30n3 purp0$31y 7yping 1ik3 7hi$  it detracts from the content

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 4:10 am

Like, Hi, snozberries,

A person's greeting/ signature doesn't generally change, either, until they make a conscious choice to change it/ them, so it/ they should have no bearing upon how you read one's message.

I cannot believe that so many people are incapable of taking greetings and signatures for what they are.

Everybody has the choice to use a certain avatar or not, too, and I can ultimately choose to judge them by what they're really saying, and not by some minor annoyance that I feel whenever I look at their avatar. 

I am absolutely gobsmacked by the number of people who are consciously choosing to judge me by...a greeting, a signature, and other uses of Valspeak.  What a way to deliberately ignore message content, in favor of essentially saying, "Oh, I don't like the LANGUAGE that she uses!  Therefore, the ENTIRE MESSAGE must be no good!"  If I were constantly dropping "F-bombs", or whatever, I could understand why people might be disgusted with me right off the bat, but, seeing as how there's really nothing overtly OFFENSIVE about Valspeak... 
8)

A persons avatar doesn't generally change - until they're a conscious choice to change it so it should hold no bearing in how you read one's post.

The difference is you have the choice whether to use valley speak or not.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 4:14 am

I don't know you and honestly you seem like an insufferable person who would wear on me quickly.
That's my opinion I would probably annoy the crap out of you too ain't the Internet grand?

I stand by my assesment of the bathroom incident. The way you describe the exchange sounds like it was a brief encounters I Joe late could you have been? 

With regards to your privacy...it's not that I don't think you didnt have a right to your privacy in your experience. You absolutely had that right of expectation but you chose not to exercise it.  I.e. you didn't react when the woman opened the curtain on you. The kid you barged in on did react by slamming the door shut on you. Had I been in your shoes and the woman had opened the curtain on me I would've ripped her a new one. Hell I yell at my own mother when she walks in on me. But the point I was making was not about your situation but the girl's

One thing I try to do when presented a one-sided scenario is I try to see the situation from the other person's perspective. This is not easy as the information provided is generally skewed to fit the poster's perception. I often have to fill in blanks and presume something's not in evidence.

What I got from your rant was that you are highly judgmental of young people. I can be too in some situations but your examples seem very extreme and, in my opinion, really don't support your argument.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 4:34 am

Like, Hi, snozberries, Fer Shurr,

I don't know those kids very well, and they're ALREADY wearing on me...quickly...

I could have been a minute or so late, but when one is trying to hurry back to the backstage area...during an INVITED DRESS REHEARSAL...during which actual PEOPLE are sitting in the seats...I mean, that girl KNEW that we were presenting our dress rehearsal to actual guests, and that whomever needed to be onstage in a few minutes really needed to hurry along, in order to be backstage at the appropriate time!  I'm sorry, but when you know that, and you take up somebody else's time for a reason that doesn't apply to the actual rules of the theatre, then you're being rude...

If you'd be willing to rip somebody a new one because they were another woman who just wanted to ask somebody (Maybe not even YOU) a simple question (Or see if a particular person was in that dressing room, so that they could talk to them), then I'd have to conclude that you're just about like that girl, and that your behavior should be considered to be both rude...and violent...If everybody who really hates me for this rant agrees with you about the dressing room issue...and agrees that THEY'D ALSO rip somebody a new one, without even asking the supposed "intruder" to politely close their eyes, then America is INDEED turning into a Third World Country...

The unfair aspect of totally disregarding the poster's perspective, and giving the entire benefit of the doubt to the people about whom the poster is speaking is that BOTH parties deserve to be treated fairly.  If, after you told a really angry story about, say, somebody pushing you in a checkout line, and I automatically assumed that because YOU were the one who was telling the story, and the other person was the one who was being talked about, THEY MUST be right, and YOU MUST have either overreacted, or you must have said something in order to deserve being pushed, would you feel as though YOU had been treated fairly?

If you'd been pushed aside in a check-out line, and you knew that you hadn't deserved to be pushed, but I kept saying things like, "That person was probably just having trouble with their eyes, and they didn't SEE you!", or "YOU'RE certainly sensitive, reacting with hostility to what MUST have been only a slight jostle!", or "What makes you think that it's YOUR checkout line?", or whatever, would you feel as though you were being treated fairly?  I'd say not, especially since you'd KNOW that the other person had looked right at you, narrowed their eyes, deliberately forced you to the side, failed to apologize, and then smiled at the clerk, as though they were supposed to be taken as the model citizen. 
8)

I don't know you and honestly you seem like an insufferable person who would wear on me quickly.
That's my opinion I would probably annoy the crap out of you too ain't the Internet grand?

I stand by my assesment of the bathroom incident. The way you describe the exchange sounds like it was a brief encounters I Joe late could you have been? 

With regards to your privacy...it's not that I don't think you didnt have a right to your privacy in your experience. You absolutely had that right of expectation but you chose not to exercise it.  I.e. you didn't react when the woman opened the curtain on you. The kid you barged in on did react by slamming the door shut on you. Had I been in your shoes and the woman had opened the curtain on me I would've ripped her a new one. Hell I yell at my own mother when she walks in on me. But the point I was making was not about your situation but the girl's

One thing I try to do when presented a one-sided scenario is I try to see the situation from the other person's perspective. This is not easy as the information provided is generally skewed to fit the poster's perception. I often have to fill in blanks and presume something's not in evidence.

What I got from your rant was that you are highly judgmental of young people. I can be too in some situations but your examples seem very extreme and, in my opinion, really don't support your argument.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/21/13 at 7:22 am

With regards to the comment about molestation, I WASN'T throwing that comment around.  I was stating the fact that I am aware that that MIGHT have been one possible, logical explanation for that girl's behavior (Ie: "Either she was actually molested, OR...something else...)

Oh, and if you're SO quick to declare somebody ELSE'S right to privacy, then what about the rights to privacy of myself...AND the FOUR or so OTHER women who were there when that lady pulled OUR curtain aside, just to talk to US?  SHE wasn't a part of our group.  We weren't offended, but, you see, if you're going to be an advocate for privacy, then you really ought to be upset with EVERYBODY who breaks the rule that privacy is a right.

I think that everybody seems to be missing the point that if you're 14, you've been volunteering for a few years at a theatre that features some fairly lenient standards (Ie: You KNOW that the dressing rooms are fairly makeshift, and you KNOW that both genders walk through the hallway, and you KNOW that people open the doors, close the doors, talk to each other all of the time, etc.), and nobody is obviously stalking you, you might reasonably be viewed as being strange when you decide to suddenly go crazy...AND put a padlock on the door handle (The ONLY padlock in the ENTIRE HALLWAY, mind you...and nobody finds THAT to be weird?)

Molestation, really?  I totally missed that part.  Just because you and the group you were with weren't offended, doesn't mean the girl you walked in on didn't have the right to be offended.  Did you announce yourself?  Did you surprise her?  Not everybody reacts like you do.  It doesn't have anything to do with molestation.  It could have just been modesty.  I know my kid would do the same thing.  And then mama bear would give you a piece of her mind for not knocking.  Not calling you a bad person, just saying that the behavior could have been different.

My daughter has done a few plays and they have makeshift dressing rooms.  The girls have to share.  If the door gets opened, everyone sees everything.  You knock before entering, common courtesy.  The person that did it to you should have had the courtesy as well. 

As for the kid in the bathroom.  The example I am using isn't OCD or ADHD.  We are talking Autism.  I am sure you have had some dealings with autistic children.  When there is something that affects their senses, they say stuff like "the water is annoying".  It's not something they can easily control, and parents can't always tell when it is coming on.  Perhaps this child had that problem.  I agree that some things are overdiagnosed, but that doesn't mean they don't really exist.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 7:34 am

HOWARD (I'm not upset with you, but I am shocked!):  Now, really, Howard, you never told me that you hated the Valspeak.  I'm shocked! :o

I don't hate it, it's just a bit too much sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 7:36 am

How many did Valley Goth write?  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 7:37 am

No problem.

TVG has wrote 2,937 words combined in her first post and her essay on this page.

That is 5.874 percent of the 50,000 words needed to complete NaNoWriMo this month.

You could write a book.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/21/13 at 7:56 am

I always love how most of the people who find others rude and intolerable will always jump on the "freedom/amendments" bandwagon in order to defend themselves.  So I will say this for all of the children she is lumping together "it's their freedom!"  Leave them alone!

Written By: 80sfan on 11/21/13 at 10:43 am

Fight, fight, fight! <-------------------Enabler

Written By: Dagwood on 11/21/13 at 1:48 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 2:37 pm

;D

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 5:33 pm

Like, Hi, Dagnabbit, Fer Shurr,

If neither of us knows that kid, how do we KNOW that it doesn't have anything to do with molestation?

I really don't remember weather or not I announced myself.  I only know that I needed to quickly ask for some information, and that EVERYTHING in that theater is fairly casual.

Is it so strange to see that somebody who has been WITH that CASUAL theater for several YEARS should suddenly behave so strangely, when they ALREADY KNEW how casual the entire theater was?  ::)

I still say that the padlock is a bit disconcerting, because it tends to label EVERYBODY who changes in that dressing room as being "Reactionary" and "Strange", when NOBODY ELSE'S dressing room features a padlock!

My behavior could've been different, and her behavior could've been different, too.

We're talking Autism for CERTAIN?  How do you know that?  I have never, EVER dealt with an Autistic kid, unless I was talking to an Autistic kid every so often, but I didn't realize that fact.  I don't know WHY that girl said what she said, or why MY personal water-usage habits were SO darned important to HER (Nobody ELSE seemed to make my business theirs, and if anybody had wanted me to step aside, in order to allow them to hurry along more quickly, I would have done that...), but the basic idea behind what I was saying is that she unnecessarily wasted my time, and that kids SHOULDN'T be raised to think that that's a cool thing to do, ESPECIALLY not when there's an audience waiting to watch the rest of a theatrical story!
8)

Molestation, really?  I totally missed that part.  Just because you and the group you were with weren't offended, doesn't mean the girl you walked in on didn't have the right to be offended.  Did you announce yourself?  Did you surprise her?  Not everybody reacts like you do.  It doesn't have anything to do with molestation.  It could have just been modesty.  I know my kid would do the same thing.  And then mama bear would give you a piece of her mind for not knocking.  Not calling you a bad person, just saying that the behavior could have been different.

My daughter has done a few plays and they have makeshift dressing rooms.  The girls have to share.  If the door gets opened, everyone sees everything.  You knock before entering, common courtesy.  The person that did it to you should have had the courtesy as well. 

As for the kid in the bathroom.  The example I am using isn't OCD or ADHD.  We are talking Autism.  I am sure you have had some dealings with autistic children.  When there is something that affects their senses, they say stuff like "the water is annoying".  It's not something they can easily control, and parents can't always tell when it is coming on.  Perhaps this child had that problem.  I agree that some things are overdiagnosed, but that doesn't mean they don't really exist.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/21/13 at 6:05 pm

Like, Hi, 2kidsami, Fer Shurr,

I'm afraid that I don't understand you.  Are you upset with ME?

If THAT'S the case, then I'm going to have to disagree with you, NOT because you're upset with ME, but because your concept just doesn't hold water. 

I mean, if we all just say, "Oh, leave the kids alone!", and OUR freedoms don't count for anything, then, tell me, at which point are we finally supposed to stop condoning childhood rudeness, BLATANT rudeness from NOT 2 and 3-year-olds, who really DON'T know any better, but from 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14+-year-olds, who really ARE SUPPOSED to know better?

It's so EASY to say, "They're just kids.  They're just kids.  They're just kids."...UNTIL they grow up, and they're STILL misbehaving, because nobody ever so much as HINTED at the fact that someone might have to tell them "NO!" at some point during their lives!

If you think that it's EASY to let your child misbehave, run the household, and boss strangers around until they're 16, and that it's gonna be EQUALLY EASY to SUDDENLY lay down the law when they're 16, because they're gonna be as good as gold from that moment onward, you'd better think again!

If American parents keep refusing to lay down a foundation of reasonable expectations and rules for their kids, those children are going to become rude, uncivilized adults, and just WAIT until your (No, not YOUR child, maybe, but your hypothetical child...) ill-behaved little Johnny or Sally gets ripped a new one...by a TOTAL STRANGER...when they think that, at 22 years of age, they can get away with being the "normal kid" (Ie: Telling adults that they're unhealthy slobs, telling adults that they don't know anything, pushing adults out of the way in a line, conning adults into giving them special social allowances that they really DON'T NEED...just so that they can laugh behind their backs, etc.) that they were ALLOWED to be between the ages of about 7 and 18.

What are you gonna say to your ill-bred adult offspring when they come crying/ complaining/ swearing to YOU about the one adult who FINALLY told them what they SHOULD'VE been hearing, in a more polite and parental way...all along?  Really...

If an adult really IS incorrect about something, there are actually polite ways by which a child can say so, and if an adult is truly being unreasonable, then it's understandable that a child might feel that they've been treated unfairly, but the adults should be the ones who are raising the kids, and NOT the ones who are taking orders from, and being manipulated by the kids.

Let's say that there was a 16-year-old whom you didn't actually know, and they looked as though they were 25, and you asked them to show you their I.D., and they were seemingly able to prove that they were 18, due to a realistic-looking I.D. card, so you two made a night of it, and then, while this unsupervised kid was laughing their rear end off about how they'd "gotten some 40-year-old idiot real GOOD!", YOU were being arrested for Statutory Rape...all because of a fake I.D. that the kid had somehow been allowed to obtain, AND because their appearances, and their speech patterns, had been realistically deceiving.

Tell me if you'd STILL be saying "They're just a kid.  They're just a kid.  They're just a kid.".  I doubt that.  You'd PROBABLY be saying, "OMG!  They really ARE just a kid, and what in God's name are they doing in a bar...at 16...with a fake I.D.?  Why the HELL don't their stupid PARENTS know anything about them, and why did they have to raise somebody who'd make trouble for me?"

Okay, MOST ill-bred kids wouldn't be able to fool most adults, even if they HAD fake I.D. cards (The example is not ENTIRELY unrealistic, though, because, unfortunately, it HAS happened before...), but, still, if we take such a casual attitude about raising children, we're ultimately raising a generation of kids who are going to grow up to be really rude, hostile adults, and we're not going to like ourselves later for having been so careless about how we raised this young generation. 
8)

I always love how most of the people who find others rude and intolerable will always jump on the "freedom/amendments" bandwagon in order to defend themselves.  So I will say this for all of the children she is lumping together "it's their freedom!"  Leave them alone!

Written By: Inertia on 11/21/13 at 6:52 pm

I'm afraid that I don't understand you.  Are you upset with ME?

If THAT'S the case, then I'm going to have to disagree with you, NOT because you're upset with ME, but because your concept just doesn't hold water. 

I mean, if we all just say, "Oh, leave the kids alone!", and OUR freedoms don't count for anything, then, tell me, at which point are we finally supposed to stop condoning childhood rudeness, BLATANT rudeness from NOT 2 and 3-year-olds, who really DON'T know any better, but from 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14+-year-olds, who really ARE SUPPOSED to know better?

It's so EASY to say, "They're just kids.  They're just kids.  They're just kids."...UNTIL they grow up, and they're STILL misbehaving, because nobody ever so much as HINTED at the fact that someone might have to tell them "NO!" at some point during their lives!

If you think that it's EASY to let your child misbehave, run the household, and boss strangers around until they're 16, and that gonna be EQUALLY EASY to SUDDENLY lay down the law when they're 16, because they're gonna be as good as gold from that moment onward, you'd better think again!

If American parents keep refusing to lay down a foundation of reasonable expectations and rules for their kids, those children are going to become rude, uncivilized adults, and just WAIT until your (No, not YOUR child, maybe, but your hypothetical child...) ill-behaved little Johnny or Sally gets ripped a new one...by a TOTAL STRANGER...when they think that, at 22 years of age, they can get away with being the "normal kid" (Ie: Telling adults that they're unhealthy slobs, telling adults that they don't know anything, pushing adults out of the way in a line, conning adults into giving them special social allowances that they really DON'T NEED...just so that they can laugh behind their backs, etc.) that they were ALLOWED to be between the ages of about 7 and 18.

What are you gonna say to your ill-bred adult offspring when they come crying/ complaining/ swearing to YOU about the one adult who FINALLY told them what they SHOULD'VE been hearing, in a more polite and parental way...all along?  Really...

If an adult really IS incorrect about something, there are actually polite ways by which a child can say so, and if an adult is truly being unreasonable, then it's understandable that a child might feel that they've been treated unfairly, but the adults should be the ones who are raising the kids, and NOT the ones who are taking orders from, and being manipulated by the kids.

Let's say that there was a 16-year-old whom you didn't actually know, and they looked as though they were 25, and you asked them to show you their I.D., and they were seemingly able to prove that they were 18, due to a realistic-looking I.D. card, so you two made a night of it, and then, while this unsupervised kid was laughing their rear end off about how they'd "gotten some 40-year-old idiot real GOOD!", YOU were being arrested for Statutory Rape...all because of a fake I.D. that the kid had somehow been allowed to obtain, AND because their appearances, and their speech patterns, had been realistically deceiving.

Tell me if you'd STILL be saying "They're just a kid.  They're just a kid.  They're just a kid.".  I doubt that.  You'd PROBABLY be saying, "OMG!  They really ARE just a kid, and what in God's name are they doing in a bar...at 16...with a fake I.D.?  Why the HELL don't their stupid PARENTS know anything about them, and why did they have to raise somebody who'd make trouble for me?"

Okay, MOST ill-bred kids wouldn't be able to fool most adults, even if they HAD fake I.D. cards (The example is not ENTIRELY unrealistic, though, because, unfortunately, it HAS happened before...), but, still, if we take such a casual attitude about raising children, we're ultimately raising a generation of kids who are going to grow up to be really rude, hostile adults, and we're not going to like ourselves later for having been so careless about how we raised this young generation. 
8)

You capitalize way too many random words.

I disagree with you entirely, but I don't feel like writing a rage essay rebuttal every time I reply, unlike someone I know.

For someone who complains so much about manners of others, you do not illustrate the quintessential ideal of conventional etiquette either, and therefore, you strike me as a hypocrite.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/21/13 at 7:00 pm

I disagree with you entirely, but I don't feel like writing a rage essay rebuttal every time I reply, unlike someone I know.

For someone who complains so much about manners of others, you do not illustrate the quintessential ideal of conventional etiquette either, and therefore, you strike me as a hypocrite.
I second your hypocrite prognosis!  Sorry I cannot repeat karma!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/21/13 at 7:03 pm

We're talking Autism for CERTAIN?  How do you know that? 

The girl I am talking about is for certain Autistic.  I have had her in several Sunday School classes and have been told by her parents what the issues are.  Autistic children are not the same as "normal" children.  Their reactions are not what you might consider correct and polite.  It doesn't matter how they are taught, their behaviors are not always thought out...it just happens and there is no controlling it.  Don't judge until you know the whole story.

Written By: Inertia on 11/21/13 at 7:04 pm

8)

Although, I am not religious, I think a bible quote is appropriate to describe my feelings toward this situation: "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/21/13 at 7:21 pm

8)

Although, I am not religious, I think a bible quote is appropriate to describe my feelings toward this situation: "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
O0

Written By: George on 11/21/13 at 9:07 pm

8)

Are you threatening to throw stones at people?

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/13 at 12:12 am

Inertia....this is what the karma I just tried to give you would've said.

Wisdom. You possess it.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 3:51 am

Like, Hi, Inertia, Fer Shurr,

Well, if you're suggesting that YOU'RE the shining example of someone whose etiquette is perfect, then why do we have very nearly the same Negative Karma rating?
???

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 3:53 am

Once again, somebody can't seem to come up with any reasons for agreeing with somebody else...

Oh, and don't you WISH that you could repeat karma! 
;D

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 3:58 am

I thought that you were saying that the girl whom I had to deal with was for certain Autistic.  I'm glad that you weren't saying THAT, because NEITHER of us knows about THAT girl...

I'm sorry, but wasn't I being judged before everybody knew the ENTIRE STORY about why I'D been so upset with that girl who was wasting my time in the bathroom? 

I think that it's a bit hypocritical to worry about somebody about whom a story is being told, but to THEN get all upset with the story-teller, when THEY didn't necessarily explain the ENTIRE STORY within one or two messages...

Are you telling me that I'd have gotten a better overall response if I'd explained the ENTIRE story from the get-go?
8)

The girl I am talking about is for certain Autistic.  I have had her in several Sunday School classes and have been told by her parents what the issues are.  Autistic children are not the same as "normal" children.  Their reactions are not what you might consider correct and polite.  It doesn't matter how they are taught, their behaviors are not always thought out...it just happens and there is no controlling it.  Don't judge until you know the whole story.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 4:00 am

Well, then, the first person who attacked me for ranting about my opinion must be spotless, with regards to sin...

Oh, now, really, I am SHURR!
::)

8)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 4:03 am

Like, Hi, George, Fer Shurr,

Oh, they're not THREATENING to throw stones at people...They're already DOING so...
8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/13 at 4:11 am

I thought that you were saying that the girl whom I had to deal with was for certain Autistic.  I'm glad that you weren't saying THAT, because NEITHER of us knows about THAT girl...

I'm sorry, but wasn't I being judged before everybody knew the ENTIRE STORY about why I'D been so upset with that girl who was wasting my time in the bathroom? 

I think that it's a bit hypocritical to worry about somebody about whom a story is being told, but to THEN get all upset with the story-teller, when THEY didn't necessarily explain the ENTIRE STORY within one or two messages...

Are you telling me that I'd have gotten a better overall response if I'd explained the ENTIRE story from the get-go?
8)

You should always explain the entire story but you use sooo many words to begin with you need to find a way to minimize the length but maximize the content.

Most people get lost in your posts because they are so dn long. I know some people don't even bother reading them.  I know I skimmed a lot of it because I felt like MY time was being WASTED

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/13 at 4:13 am

Well, then, the first person who attacked me for ranting about my opinion must be spotless, with regards to sin...

Sin? Really?  You do have a flair for the mellow dramatic....I suppose it comes in handy in community theater?

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/13 at 7:52 am

8)

Now you're just being silly.  I wasn't judging you from your reaction to the girl in the bathroom, I was just pointing out a possible reason for her reaction.   

Your entire original post complains about kids who act differently than you do so they are horrible.  Just saying that there is another side to the story that you don't know.  Your examples weren't kids running rampant without parents correcting their behavior.  It was what kids naturally do.  You may have found it rude, fair enough...your opinion is just that.  That doesn't mean they are horribly rude kids. 

I still stand by my opinion of the girl in the dressing room.  Just because everybody else is fine with the way the dressing room is doesn't mean they always will be.  Basically what that whole story said to me was that you think you should be able to walk in whenever you want and if they object they are the rude one.  The world doesn't work that way.  And, I wouldn't be too quick to bring up the "Maybe she has been molested" statement.  If that gets out just a little, it could ruin someones life if it isn't true.

And, quit playing the victim here.  You are far from it.

Written By: Inertia on 11/22/13 at 9:01 am

Well, if you're suggesting that YOU'RE the shining example of someone whose etiquette is perfect, then why do we have very nearly the same Negative Karma rating?
???

I'm not saying I am perfect, but I am not the one trying to act victimized here. I find it ironic and hypocritical that you choose to complain about children being rude to strangers over the internet when the tone of your initial post, as well of those which followed, struck me as rude, pretentious, and self-entitled. Why is a grown woman coming online to talk trash about minors who cannot even act in their own defense anyway?

By the way since you want to compare our karma ratings, my negative karma rating comes from decadeologists who are revenge fudging me for closing their threads based on the rules and standards outlined on the site. Your negative karma comes from your constant complaining and posting rage essays in every other post. I wouldn't really say the reasons behind them are congruent.

Written By: Inertia on 11/22/13 at 9:13 am

It is an analogy.

You miss the point entirely.

Written By: George on 11/22/13 at 11:11 am

Like, Hi, George, Fer Shurr,

Oh, they're not THREATENING to throw stones at people...They're already DOING so...
8)

Oh dear. Maybe I should run for safety, too.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/22/13 at 12:05 pm

Sock puppets...

Sock puppets everywhere!

http://suitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/puppet3.s600x600.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/13 at 12:05 pm

I'm not saying I am perfect, but I am not the one trying to act victimized here. I find it ironic and hypocritical that you choose to complain about children being rude to strangers over the internet when the tone of your initial post, as well of those which followed, struck me as rude, pretentious, and self-entitled. Why is a grown woman coming online to talk trash about minors who cannot even act in their own defense anyway?

By the way since you want to compare our karma ratings, my negative karma rating comes from decadeologists who are revenge fudging me for closing their threads based on the rules and standards outlined on the site. Your negative karma comes from your constant complaining and posting rage essays in every other post. I wouldn't really say the reasons behind them are congruent.

I find it interesting Inertia that you are 10 yrs younger than VG but way more mature.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/22/13 at 1:53 pm

Once again, somebody can't seem to come up with any reasons for agreeing with somebody else...

Oh, and don't you WISH that you could repeat karma! 
;D
This makes absolutely no sense.  In the post you quoted, I was agreeing with Inertia.  You seemed to be mistaken where you said "somebody can't seem to come up with any reasons for agreeing with somebody else."  I wrote English, not valley slang! 

Yes, I do wish I could have given her more Karma! 

Written By: Howard on 11/22/13 at 4:09 pm

It's an expression.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/13 at 4:10 pm

You should always explain the entire story but you use sooo many words to begin with you need to find a way to minimize the length but maximize the content.

Most people get lost in your posts because they are so dn long. I know some people don't even bother reading them.  I know I skimmed a lot of it because I felt like MY time was being WASTED

and it becomes too long to read.

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/13 at 9:54 pm

Like, hi there.  American kids, you know, are like so grody to the max, I know, fer sure, like no way.  I mean like, oh mah gawd, what the hell am I like talking about, you know what I mean.  I like, don't understand, like you know, what the deal is, with like all this stuff.  It's so bitchin', but it like so weirds me out to the max, fer sure, like you know?

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/13 at 9:55 pm

Okay fine, fer sure fer sure, she's a valley girl so sweet and pure :D

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 11:27 pm

Like, Hi, My Dear Attackers, Fer Shurr,

Inertia, ur smart enuf 2 know wut u were accusing me of: U were accusing me of throwing stones!  Like, DUH!  By doing so, without knowing evrythng about me, u were throwing stones at ME!  'Nuf said!  O, wait a minute!  Melodrama IS useful in the theatre!  I'm glad that you at LEAST know THAT much!  O, and an online gang-up crew tries to PREVENT someone from defending themselves, now, DOESN'T it?  This is the internet, and if ppl are allowed to complain about one another, and about ME, then it's MY freedom to complain about anybody ELSE, now, ISN'T it?  If I called those kids out...by NAME, and I defamed their characters, then THAT would be considered 2 b illegal, but I have as much right to simply COMPLAIN as anybody ELSE.  O, and your analogy was an overly-obvious attack on me, fer SHURR, and, by the way, I'm not NEARLY as stupid as you give me credit for being!

Okay, snozberries; this txt tlk is just 4 u!  I don't really mind using the txt tlk, either, as long as ppl can read it clearly, and as long as no messages get "lost in translation".  By the way...a little tip that was passed on to me by a weary traveller..."If you don't want somebody else 2 waste your time, then don't waste your time on them."  That tip has saved me more time, & more trouble, and I don't intend to waste any more time on those theatre people, or any other people, who only want to cause me trouble.  O, & I'm glad that u & Inertia are such good friends IRL that you personally know that Inertia's online persona is NOT, in fact, an extremely mature facade...for a RL person who's not mature in the slightest...I'm not saying that Inertia IS mature, or that they're IMMATURE, but I'm saying that the internet IS the internet...

Gosh, Dagnabbit, aren't all of U trying 2 ruin MY ONLINE reputation, & quite gleefully, I might add?  Interesting...things that make u go "Hmmm..."...I wonder...I know darned WELL that if I'd simply said, "She was being a brat!", or something REALLY mean like THAT, SOMEBODY would have said, "U r the BRAT!  The poor kid was probably MOLESTED, you cruel b***h!", so don't punish ME because I thought of that possibility FIRST, because if I hadn't, somebody ELSE would've done so! 

George, plz b a good little sheep, & return to the BACK of the flock!  Thanx, kid!

Step-chan, you might hate me, but I must admit that those sock puppets DO look creative!  Keep up the good work.  If things get bad around here, we may need a sock-puppet chorus to break the tension...tension that I won't be causing, thanks.

Oooh, 2kidsami, you have much 2 learn!  U r under the mistaken impression that simply because somebody didn't use Valspeak, they were saying something original...Oooh, dear.  Where are The Common Sense Tutors when we really NEED them?  Oooh, well...

Howard, I truly feel sorry for you.  Only U have the power to think for yourself...If you're agreeing w/ them...JUST because they're SAYING that I'm really mean, then u r being used by the crowd, and that's just sad...I'm not gonna tell u how 2 think, but I hope that you'll @ least think for yourself...

Oooh, whistledog, if u were making fun of Ebonics, or the English skills of somebody to whom English was a 2nd language, u'd be socially SCREWED, & u KNOW it!  Just because Valspeak is EASY 2 make fun of DOESN'T mean that it's any less PREJUDICED 2 do so.

With regards to my writing, if u care so much about judging a message in the same way that a teacher reads an essay, then maybe u ought to either ignore the message, or consider becoming involved with a profession wherein someone might actually CARE about EXACTLY how many words, and which TYPES of words, everybody else uses!

O, & in case u missed the big picture, and u DON'T really care about how we raise kids in America, then please just say so, so that I don't have to waste anymore of MY time on ppl whose only goal in life is 2 attack other ppl online...

Then again, I guess that even though I NEVER said that I HATED any of those kids, and even though I NEVER wished ILL on them, or NAMED them in front of all of cyberspace, I'm forever damned as somebody who HATES KIDS?  I sometimes wonder if one's intelligence level/ I.Q. level has ANYTHING 2 do with their online rationale...WOW!  Just...wow!  Un-freakin'-BELIEVABLE, I am SHURR! ::)
8) 

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/13 at 11:38 pm

Gosh, Dagnabbit, aren't all of U trying 2 ruin MY ONLINE reputation, & quite gleefully, I might add?  Interesting...things that make u go "Hmmm..."...I wonder... 

And just where was I trying to ruin your online reputation?  Seriously?  I have not once said anything to sully your precious online reputation.  I disagreed with something you said.  Big difference.  I guess, using your logic, you are trying to ruin my online reputation because you disagree with what I say.  And, just what in the blue blazes is an "online reputation"?  The internet is anonymous.  We don't know your real name or where you really live or anything.  Just how can your reputation be ruined if you are anonymous? 

Again I say, quit playing the victim, you are far from it.  You are participating in these little back and forths as well. 

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 11:51 pm

If I have 2 explain how somebody can ruin somebody else's online reputation, then u should really save yourself the time that it might take u 2 read one more of my messages, & u should simply look at a few online forums...
8)

And just where was I trying to ruin your online reputation?  Seriously?  I have not once said anything to sully your precious online reputation.  I disagreed with something you said.  Big difference.  I guess, using your logic, you are trying to ruin my online reputation because you disagree with what I say.  And, just what in the blue blazes is an "online reputation"?  The internet is anonymous.  We don't know your real name or where you really live or anything.  Just how can your reputation be ruined if you are anonymous? 

Again I say, quit playing the victim, you are far from it.  You are participating in these little back and forths as well.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/22/13 at 11:52 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I don't like the number 6, so could some disgruntled individual please subtract one more Karma from my Karma Rating?

Thanx!
8)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/13 at 11:58 pm

If I have 2 explain how somebody can ruin somebody else's online reputation, then u should really save yourself the time that it might take u 2 read one more of my messages, & u should simply look at a few online forums...
8)

Seriously?  Now who is attacking who?  I was not rude to you and now here you are being rude.  You don't have an answer to me so you have to be rude?  I will call it as I see it.  You are nothing but a troll who came here to rile people up.  I am done feeding the troll.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/23/13 at 1:07 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Oh, now, don't play innocent, Dagnabbit, I'm SHURR...You claimed that I was playing the victim.  When an entire group of people totally hates on somebody, simply because they complained online about a RL situation that was driving them insane, then they are CREATING a victim.

Let's face the truth.  Even those KIDS aren't REALLY being victimized.  They're off somewhere, happily living their lives.  I merely COMPLAINED about them, & I didn't even NAME them!  I'M the one who's being attacked, via Karma Rating subtractions, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that everybody has the freedom to mess with everybody else's Karma Rating here, but, like, SERIOUSLY, I CANNOT believe that somebody ACTUALLY lowered my Karma Rating SIMPLY because they didn't like the fact that they "HAD" 2 read my "essay of a message", or whatever they called that message, when they DIDN'T HAVE 2 read ANYTHING, if they didn't want 2 do so.

If u don't like what somebody else is saying, & u keep coming back 2 the discussion, time and again, you're obviously getting something from the discussion, weather or not u admit it or not, & that goes for me, AND for everybody else who has engaged in this discussion WITH me.

As for me, myself, though, I was simply complaining, & I never claimed 2 hate anybody, or anything like that, & I cannot believe that a bunch of adults cannot have an adult discussion about American child-raising...without resorting 2 wolf-pack tactics, etc.  Like, REALLY!  Respectfully disagreeing with somebody is one thing, but suggesting psychiatric appointments 2 somebody, telling somebody that they should "leave the children ALONE!"...when the actual children...and their parents...never even heard ANY complaints, etc., is another thing altogether...

Oh, well, though.  If opinions, a greeting, the use of Valspeak, the use of big words, & extensive messages upset people here so much, then I have obviously judged the maturity of sooo many people in error, & I'd best go to a forum site where intelligent conversation is NOT mistaken for trolling...

I'm not really sorry for those of u who have misjudged me 2 b a cruel woman, because you'll keep posting short messages, guarding the status quo, & outsting anybody who disobeys your little social "rules"...until YOU encounter rude kids, or whomever, & then YOU'LL be the FIRST to complain here...about anybody, and about anything, as is your right... 

No, I feel sorry for myself, NOT because I'm trying to earn a Pity Party from the rest of u, but because I feel stupid for actually mistaking Inthe00s.com for a site that was less shallow than others.  I need 2 have a better rendition of the Built-In BS-and-Jackassery-Detector...because I am finally far too tired to keep having to defend...GREETINGS, for pity's sake, and VALSPEAK, and the fact that I don't wish 2 use txt tlk all of the x!

O, & quite frankly, I find that those sites that feature porno. discussions are ALSO those sites that tend to feature TONS of hypocrisy, 2!  I'm getting fairly sick of the hypocrisy these days, so...

Maybe if I took the x 2 learn all of your ages, I'd realize that I'd really been wasting my x here...from approximately Day 1... this may be "Goodbye!" from me, regardless of weather or not I want to bother to see if most of you are 25 and under...; feel free 2 laugh when the door hits me in the a** on my trip away from this site, because, if you REALLY wish to automatically label me a "Troll", then that's the last time that you'll see one solitary word from me... 
8)   

Seriously?  Now who is attacking who?  I was not rude to you and now here you are being rude.  You don't have an answer to me so you have to be rude?  I will call it as I see it.  You are nothing but a troll who came here to rile people up.  I am done feeding the troll.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/13 at 1:13 am

Poor inertia getting blamed for something I said. Sorry inertia but you probably thought it anyway since we sheep are incapable of independent thought  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/23/13 at 1:31 am

Like, Hi, My Dear Attackers, Fer Shurr,

Inertia, ur smart enuf 2 know wut u were accusing me of: U were accusing me of throwing stones!  Like, DUH!  By doing so, without knowing evrythng about me, u were throwing stones at ME!  'Nuf said!  O, wait a minute!  Melodrama IS useful in the theatre!  I'm glad that you at LEAST know THAT much!  O, and an online gang-up crew tries to PREVENT someone from defending themselves, now, DOESN'T it?  This is the internet, and if ppl are allowed to complain about one another, and about ME, then it's MY freedom to complain about anybody ELSE, now, ISN'T it?  If I called those kids out...by NAME, and I defamed their characters, then THAT would be considered 2 b illegal, but I have as much right to simply COMPLAIN as anybody ELSE.  O, and your analogy was an overly-obvious attack on me, fer SHURR, and, by the way, I'm not NEARLY as stupid as you give me credit for being!

Okay, snozberries; this txt tlk is just 4 u!  I don't really mind using the txt tlk, either, as long as ppl can read it clearly, and as long as no messages get "lost in translation".  By the way...a little tip that was passed on to me by a weary traveller..."If you don't want somebody else 2 waste your time, then don't waste your time on them."  That tip has saved me more time, & more trouble, and I don't intend to waste any more time on those theatre people, or any other people, who only want to cause me trouble.  O, & I'm glad that u & Inertia are such good friends IRL that you personally know that Inertia's online persona is NOT, in fact, an extremely mature facade...for a RL person who's not mature in the slightest...I'm not saying that Inertia IS mature, or that they're IMMATURE, but I'm saying that the internet IS the internet...

Gosh, Dagnabbit, aren't all of U trying 2 ruin MY ONLINE reputation, & quite gleefully, I might add?  Interesting...things that make u go "Hmmm..."...I wonder...I know darned WELL that if I'd simply said, "She was being a brat!", or something REALLY mean like THAT, SOMEBODY would have said, "U r the BRAT!  The poor kid was probably MOLESTED, you cruel b***h!", so don't punish ME because I thought of that possibility FIRST, because if I hadn't, somebody ELSE would've done so! 

George, plz b a good little sheep, & return to the BACK of the flock!  Thanx, kid!

Step-chan, you might hate me, but I must admit that those sock puppets DO look creative!  Keep up the good work.  If things get bad around here, we may need a sock-puppet chorus to break the tension...tension that I won't be causing, thanks.

Oooh, 2kidsami, you have much 2 learn!  U r under the mistaken impression that simply because somebody didn't use Valspeak, they were saying something original...Oooh, dear.  Where are The Common Sense Tutors when we really NEED them?  Oooh, well...

Howard, I truly feel sorry for you.  Only U have the power to think for yourself...If you're agreeing w/ them...JUST because they're SAYING that I'm really mean, then u r being used by the crowd, and that's just sad...I'm not gonna tell u how 2 think, but I hope that you'll @ least think for yourself...

Oooh, whistledog, if u were making fun of Ebonics, or the English skills of somebody to whom English was a 2nd language, u'd be socially SCREWED, & u KNOW it!  Just because Valspeak is EASY 2 make fun of DOESN'T mean that it's any less PREJUDICED 2 do so.

With regards to my writing, if u care so much about judging a message in the same way that a teacher reads an essay, then maybe u ought to either ignore the message, or consider becoming involved with a profession wherein someone might actually CARE about EXACTLY how many words, and which TYPES of words, everybody else uses!

O, & in case u missed the big picture, and u DON'T really care about how we raise kids in America, then please just say so, so that I don't have to waste anymore of MY time on ppl whose only goal in life is 2 attack other ppl online...

Then again, I guess that even though I NEVER said that I HATED any of those kids, and even though I NEVER wished ILL on them, or NAMED them in front of all of cyberspace, I'm forever damned as somebody who HATES KIDS?  I sometimes wonder if one's intelligence level/ I.Q. level has ANYTHING 2 do with their online rationale...WOW!  Just...wow!  Un-freakin'-BELIEVABLE, I am SHURR! ::)
8) 

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! What about me???

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/13 at 1:48 am

I translated this post in Chinese, to make it easier to read for everyone

喜欢,嗨,我亲爱的攻击者,Fer Shurr

惯性,你聪明 enuf 2 知道 wut u 被指责我: U 指责我的扔石头 !喜欢,切 !通过这样做,不知道关于我的 evrythng,u 在我扔石头 !' 无废技术说 !O,等一下 !情节剧剧院中非常有用 !我很高兴你至少知道那么多 !O,和在线的帮派向上船员设法防止有人从保卫自己、 现在,不是吗?这是互联网,和如果 ppl 不准抱怨约一个另一个,和我,这是我的自由任何人抱怨,现在,是不是吗?如果我那些孩子们大声叫......的名字,和我诽谤他们的字符,然后,将会考虑 2 b 非法的但我一样有权到只是作为任何人的抱怨。O,和你的类比是攻击我,fer SHURR,过于明显在顺便说一句,我几乎不和你给我信用卡被一样傻 !

好了,snozberries ;此 txt 谈话只是 4 u!我真的不介意使用 txt 谈话,要么,只要 ppl 可以阅读它很明显,而且,只要没有消息"迷失在翻译中"。顺便有点尖,传给我的是倦......"如果你不想让别人 2 浪费你的时间,然后不在他们身上浪费你的时间。那提示为我节省了更多的时间,& 更多的麻烦,我不打算浪费任何更多的时间在这些剧院的人或任何其他人,只想要我的麻烦。O,& u & 惯性的这种好朋友 IRL 您亲自知道惯性的在线角色不,事实上,是我高兴极为成熟外立面为 RL 不是成熟一点的人......我不说惯性是成熟的或者他们 IMMATURE,但我说,互联网互联网......

天啊,Dagnabbit,不是所有的 U 试 2 毁了我在线声誉,& 相当兴高采烈,我可能会添加?这些东西使 u 很有趣...去"嗯......"...我不知道...我知道非常好是否我只是说了,"她被一个小鬼!",或者是我们说的东西那样,有人会说,"你是那小子 !这个可怜的孩子很可能被猥亵,你残忍 b * * * h!",所以不要惩罚我因为第一,我觉得这种可能性,因为要不是,有人 ELSE 会已经这样做了 !

乔治,请 b 是很好的小羊,& 返回到后面的羊群 !发帖,孩子 !

步骤-陈,你可能会恨我,但我必须承认这些袜子木偶做看创意 !保持良好的工作。如果事情变糟的在这里,我们可能需要袜子木偶合唱打破......的紧张关系紧张我不会导致出现的谢谢你。

噢,2kidsami,你有多 2 的了解 !你是错误印象,那只是因为有人不使用 Valspeak,他们说原来的东西......噢,亲爱。当我们真的需要他们常识导师在哪里?噢,好......

霍华德,我真正觉得对不起你。只有你拥有的力量,为自己想......如果你同意带他们......只是因为他们说我真的意思,那么你正在使用的人群中,和那是只会伤心......我不会告诉 u 2 是怎么想的但我希望你会 @ 至少认为自己......

噢,whistledog,如果你被取笑的黑人英语,或有人向其英语是第二语言的英语技巧 u 将社会上搞砸了,& u 知道它 !只是因为 Valspeak 是很容易 2 取笑并不意味着它是任何较少偏见 2 做如此。

对于我的写作,如果你在乎那么多关于方式相同,老师读一篇文章,判断一条消息,那么也许 u 应该忽略该消息,或者考虑成为一种职业,其中有人实际上可能会关心到底有多少字,参与和哪些类型的词,其他人使用 !

O,& 案例 u 中错过了大的图片,和你不真正关心如何我们的孩子在美国,就请跟我说这样,所以,我不需要再浪费我时间上他们生命中的唯一目标是的 ppl 2 攻击其他 ppl 在线...

然后再猜这即使我从没说过我讨厌的那些孩子,任何和即使我永远不希望他们,不良或命名他们的网络空间所有之前,我就会被永远诅咒作为有人谁讨厌的孩子?我有时怀疑如果一个智力水平 / 智商水平有什么 2 做与他们在线的理由......哇 !只是......哇 !联合国-突然-可信的我是 SHURR !::)

Either the Chinese don't like CAPS or there's no translation for words like immature.and the number 2    :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/23/13 at 1:48 am

I translated her rant so she now sounds like Mushmouth from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.  ;)

Lubike, Hubi, Fuber Shuburr,

Uboh, nubow, dubon't plubay ubinnubocubent, Dubagnubabbubit, Ubi'm SHUbuRR...Ubyubou clubaimed thubat Ubi wubas plubayubing thube vubictubim.  Whuben uban ubentubire gruboup ubof pubeopuble tubotuballuby hubates ubon subomebuboduby, subimpluby bubecubause thubey cubomplubained ubonlubine ubabubout uba RL subitubuubatiubon thubat wubas drubivubing thubem ubinsubane, thuben thubey ubare CRUBEUBATUBING uba vubictubim.

Lubet's fubace thube trubuth.  Ubevuben thubose KUBIDS ubaruben't RUBEALLUBY bubeubing vubictubimubized.  Thubey're uboff subomewhubere, hubappubiluby lubivubing thubeir lubives.  Ubi mubereluby CUBOMPLUBAINED ubabubout thubem, & Ubi dubidubn't ubevuben NUBAME thubem!  UBI'M thube ubone whubo's bubeubing ubattubacked, vubiuba Kubarmuba Rubatubing sububtrubactiubons, ubetc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ubi knubow thubat ubeverubybuboduby hubas thube frubeedubom tubo mubess wubith ubeverubybuboduby ubelsube's Kubarmuba Rubatubing hubere, bubut, lubike, SUBERUBIUBOUSLUBY, Ubi CUBANNUBOT bubelubieve thubat subomebuboduby UBACTUBUUBALLUBY lubowubered muby Kubarmuba Rubatubing SUBIMPLUBY bubecubause thubey dubidubn't lubike thube fubact thubat thubey "HUBAD" 2 rubead muby "ubessubay ubof uba mubessubage", ubor whubatevuber thubey cuballubed thubat mubessubage, whuben thubey DUBIDUBN'T HUBAVE 2 rubead UBANUBYTHUBING, ubif thubey dubidubn't wubant 2 dubo subo.

Ubif ubu dubon't lubike whubat subomebuboduby ubelse ubis subayubing, & ubu kubeep cubomubing buback 2 thube dubiscubussiubon, tubime uband ubagubain, yubou're ubobvubiubousluby gubettubing subomubethubing frubom thube dubiscubussiubon, wubeathuber ubor nubot ubu ubadmubit ubit ubor nubot, & thubat guboes fubor mube, UBAND fubor ubeverubybuboduby ubelse whubo hubas ubengubaged ubin thubis dubiscubussiubon WUBITH mube.

Ubas fubor mube, mubysubelf, thubough, Ubi wubas subimpluby cubomplubainubing, & Ubi nubevuber clubaimed 2 hubate ubanubybuboduby, ubor ubanubythubing lubike thubat, & Ubi cubannubot bubelubieve thubat uba bubunch ubof ubadubults cubannubot hubave uban ubadubult dubiscubussiubon ubabubout Ubamerubicuban chubild-rubaisubing...wubithubout rubesubortubing 2 wubolf-puback tubactubics, ubetc.  Lubike, RUBEALLUBY!  Rubespubectfubulluby dubisubagrubeeubing wubith subomebuboduby ubis ubone thubing, bubut subuggubestubing psubychubiubatrubic ubappubointmubents 2 subomebuboduby, tubellubing subomebuboduby thubat thubey shubould "lubeave thube chubildruben UbaLUboNUbe!"...whuben thube ubactubuubal chubildruben...uband thubeir pubarubents...nevuber ubevuben hubeard UBANUBY cubomplubaints, ubetc., ubis ubanubothuber thubing ubaltubogethuber...

Uboh, wubell, thubough.  Ubif ubopubinubiubons, uba grubeetubing, thube ubuse ubof Vubalspubeak, thube ubuse ubof bubig wubords, & ubextubensubive mubessubagubes ubupsubet pubeopuble hubere subo mubuch, thuben Ubi hubave ubobvubiubousluby jubudged thube mubatuburubituby ubof subooo mubanuby pubeopuble ubin uberrubor, & Ubi'd bubest gubo tubo uba fuborubum subite whubere ubintubellubigubent cubonvubersubatiubon ubis NUBOT mubistubakuben fubor trubollubing...

Ubi'm nubot rubealluby suborruby fubor thubose ubof ubu whubo hubave mubisjubudged mube 2 b uba crubuel wubomuban, bubecubause yubou'll kubeep pubostubing shubort mubessubagubes, guubardubing thube stubatubus quubo, & uboutstubing ubanubybuboduby whubo dubisubobubeys yubour lubittuble subociubal "rubulubes"...ubuntubil UBOYU ubencubountuber rubude kubids, ubor whubomevuber, & thuben UBOYU'LL bube thube FUBIRST tubo cubomplubain huberube...ubabubout ubanubybuboduby, uband ubabubout ubanubythubing, ubas ubis yubour rubight...

Nubo, Ubi fubeel suborruby fubor mubysubelf, NUBOT bubecubause Ubi'm trubyubing tubo ubearn uba Pubituby Pubartuby frubom thube rubest ubof ubu, bubut bubecubause Ubi fubeel stubupubid fubor ubactubuuballuby mubistubakubing Ubinthube fubor uba subite thubat wubas lubess shuballubow thuban ubothubers.  Ubi nubeed 2 hubave uba bubettuber rubendubitiubon ubof thube Bubuilt-Ubin BS-uband-Jubackubassuberuby-Dubetubectubor...becubause Ubi ubam fubinuballuby fubar tuboo tubired tubo kubeep hubavubing tubo dubefubend...GRUbEeTUbiNGS, fubor pubituby's subake, uband VUBALSPUBEAK, uband thube fubact thubat Ubi dubon't wubish 2 ubuse txt tlk uball ubof thube x!

Ubo, & quubite frubankluby, Ubi fubind thubat thubose subites thubat fubeatubure pubornubo. dubiscubussiubons ubare UBALSUBO thubose subites thubat tubend tubo fubeatubure TUBONS ubof hubypubocrubisuby, 2!  Ubi'm gubettubing fubairluby subick ubof thube hubypubocrubisuby thubese dubays, subo...

Mubaybe ubif Ubi tubook thube x 2 lubearn uball ubof yubour ubagubes, Ubi'd rubealubize thubat Ubi'd rubealluby bubeen wubastubing muby x huberube...frubom ubappruboxubimubateluby Dubay 1... thubis mubay bube "Guboodbubye!" frubom mube, rubegubardlubess ubof wubeathuber ubor nubot Ubi wubant tubo bubothuber tubo subee ubif mubost ubof yubou ubare 25 uband ubunduber...; fubeel frubee 2 lubaugh whuben thube duboor hubits mube ubin thube uba** ubon muby trubip ubawubay frubom thubis subite, bubecubause, ubif yubou RUBEALLUBY wubish tubo ubautubomubatubicuballuby lubabubel mube uba "Truboll", thuben thubat's thube lubast tubime thubat yubou'll subee ubone subolubitubaruby wubord frubom mube...
8)   

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/13 at 1:49 am

O, & quite frankly, I find that those sites that feature porno. discussions are ALSO those sites that tend to feature TONS of hypocrisy, 2!  I'm getting fairly sick of the hypocrisy these days, so...

Maybe if I took the x 2 learn all of your ages, I'd realize that I'd really been wasting my x here...from approximately Day 1... this may be "Goodbye!" from me, regardless of weather or not I want to bother to see if most of you are 25 and under...; feel free 2 laugh when the door hits me in the a** on my trip away from this site
Sooo....  Can some one tell me?  Is she going to quit porn or start porn????  Because that might determine how "damaged her online reputation" is???? 

And yay!!!!!!  I haven't been carded in for e v e r!!!! 

Written By: warped on 11/23/13 at 1:51 am

I translated her rant so she now sounds like Mushmouth from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.  ;)

Uboh, nubow, dubon't plubay ubinnubocubent, Dubagnubabbubit, Ubi'm SHUbuRR...Ubyubou clubaimed thubat Ubi wubas plubayubing thube vubictubim.  Whuben uban ubentubire gruboup ubof pubeopuble tubotuballuby hubates ubon subomebuboduby, subimpluby bubecubause thubey cubomplubained ubonlubine ubabubout uba RL subitubuubatiubon thubat wubas drubivubing thubem ubinsubane, thuben thubey ubare CRUBEUBATUBING uba vubictubim.

Lubet's fubace thube trubuth.  Ubevuben thubose KUBIDS ubaruben't RUBEALLUBY bubeubing vubictubimubized.  Thubey're uboff subomewhubere, hubappubiluby lubivubing thubeir lubives.  Ubi mubereluby CUBOMPLUBAINED ubabubout thubem, & Ubi dubidubn't ubevuben NUBAME thubem!  UBI'M thube ubone whubo's bubeubing ubattubacked, vubiuba Kubarmuba Rubatubing sububtrubactiubons, ubetc.

Ubi knubow thubat ubeverubybuboduby hubas thube frubeedubom tubo mubess wubith ubeverubybuboduby ubelsube's Kubarmuba Rubatubing hubere, bubut, lubike, SUBERUBIUBOUSLUBY, Ubi CUBANNUBOT bubelubieve thubat subomebuboduby UBACTUBUUBALLUBY lubowubered muby Kubarmuba Rubatubing SUBIMPLUBY bubecubause thubey dubidubn't lubike thube fubact thubat thubey "HUBAD" 2 rubead muby "ubessubay ubof uba mubessubage", ubor whubatevuber thubey cuballubed thubat mubessubage, whuben thubey DUBIDUBN'T HUBAVE 2 rubead UBANUBYTHUBING, ubif thubey dubidubn't wubant 2 dubo subo.

Ubif ubu dubon't lubike whubat subomebuboduby ubelse ubis subayubing, & ubu kubeep cubomubing buback 2 thube dubiscubussiubon, tubime uband ubagubain, yubou're ubobvubiubousluby gubettubing subomubethubing frubom thube dubiscubussiubon, wubeathuber ubor nubot ubu ubadmubit ubit ubor nubot, & thubat guboes fubor mube, UBAND fubor ubeverubybuboduby ubelse whubo hubas ubengubaged ubin thubis dubiscubussiubon WUBITH mube.

Ubas fubor mube, mubysubelf, thubough, Ubi wubas subimpluby cubomplubainubing, & Ubi nubevuber clubaimed 2 hubate ubanubybuboduby, ubor ubanubythubing lubike thubat, & Ubi cubannubot bubelubieve thubat uba bubunch ubof ubadubults cubannubot hubave uban ubadubult dubiscubussiubon ubabubout Ubamerubicuban chubild-rubaisubing...wubithubout rubesubortubing 2 wubolf-puback tubactubics, ubetc.  Lubike, RUBEALLUBY!  Rubespubectfubulluby dubisubagrubeeubing wubith subomebuboduby ubis ubone thubing, bubut subuggubestubing psubychubiubatrubic ubappubointmubents 2 subomebuboduby, tubellubing subomebuboduby thubat thubey shubould "lubeave thube chubildruben UbaLUboNUbe!"...whuben thube ubactubuubal chubildruben...uband thubeir pubarubents...nevuber ubevuben hubeard UBANUBY cubomplubaints, ubetc., ubis ubanubothuber thubing ubaltubogethuber...

Uboh, wubell, thubough.  Ubif ubopubinubiubons, uba grubeetubing, thube ubuse ubof Vubalspubeak, thube ubuse ubof bubig wubords, & ubextubensubive mubessubagubes ubupsubet pubeopuble hubere subo mubuch, thuben Ubi hubave ubobvubiubousluby jubudged thube mubatuburubituby ubof subooo mubanuby pubeopuble ubin uberrubor, & Ubi'd bubest gubo tubo uba fuborubum subite whubere ubintubellubigubent cubonvubersubatiubon ubis NUBOT mubistubakuben fubor trubollubing...

Ubi'm nubot rubealluby suborruby fubor thubose ubof ubu whubo hubave mubisjubudged mube 2 b uba crubuel wubomuban, bubecubause yubou'll kubeep pubostubing shubort mubessubagubes, guubardubing thube stubatubus quubo, & uboutstubing ubanubybuboduby whubo dubisubobubeys yubour lubittuble subociubal "rubulubes"...ubuntubil UBOYU ubencubountuber rubude kubids, ubor whubomevuber, & thuben UBOYU'LL bube thube FUBIRST tubo cubomplubain huberube...ubabubout ubanubybuboduby, uband ubabubout ubanubythubing, ubas ubis yubour rubight...

Nubo, Ubi fubeel suborruby fubor mubysubelf, NUBOT bubecubause Ubi'm trubyubing tubo ubearn uba Pubituby Pubartuby frubom thube rubest ubof ubu, bubut bubecubause Ubi fubeel stubupubid fubor ubactubuuballuby mubistubakubing Ubinthube fubor uba subite thubat wubas lubess shuballubow thuban ubothubers.  Ubi nubeed 2 hubave uba bubettuber rubendubitiubon ubof thube Bubuilt-Ubin BS-uband-Jubackubassuberuby-Dubetubectubor...becubause Ubi ubam fubinuballuby fubar tuboo tubired tubo kubeep hubavubing tubo dubefubend...GRUbEeTUbiNGS, fubor pubituby's subake, uband VUBALSPUBEAK, uband thube fubact thubat Ubi dubon't wubish 2 ubuse txt tlk uball ubof thube x!

Ubo, & quubite frubankluby, Ubi fubind thubat thubose subites thubat fubeatubure pubornubo. dubiscubussiubons ubare UBALSUBO thubose subites thubat tubend tubo fubeatubure TUBONS ubof hubypubocrubisuby, 2!  Ubi'm gubettubing fubairluby subick ubof thube hubypubocrubisuby thubese dubays, subo...

Mubaybe ubif Ubi tubook thube x 2 lubearn uball ubof yubour ubagubes, Ubi'd rubealubize thubat Ubi'd rubealluby bubeen wubastubing muby x huberube...frubom ubappruboxubimubateluby Dubay 1... thubis mubay bube "Guboodbubye!" frubom mube, rubegubardlubess ubof wubeathuber ubor nubot Ubi wubant tubo bubothuber tubo subee ubif mubost ubof yubou ubare 25 uband ubunduber...; fubeel frubee 2 lubaugh whuben thube duboor hubits mube ubin thube uba** ubon muby trubip ubawubay frubom thubis subite, bubecubause, ubif yubou RUBEALLUBY wubish tubo ubautubomubatubicuballuby lubabubel mube uba "Truboll", thuben thubat's thube lubast tubime thubat yubou'll subee ubone subolubitubaruby wubord frubom mube...
8) 

Reminds me of "Ubbi dubbi" from the 70s TV show "Zoom"

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/13 at 1:54 am

So there are Chinese characters for my username.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/13 at 2:05 am

you, "George", and Howard...  8)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/13 at 2:09 am

you, "George", and Howard...  8)

That is unusual for the latter two(Chan is in both the Chinese and Japanese language).

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/13 at 2:34 am

8) 

At least that I can follow  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/13 at 2:35 am

Well I'm guessing they have a word for step and a character for chan  ;)

Written By: karen on 11/23/13 at 4:46 am

Cam I just say it's spelt

whether

thank you

Written By: Inertia on 11/23/13 at 8:46 am

You remind me of a broken record with the way you regurgitate the same nonsense. I don't have to know every trivial piece of information about you to make an analysis of the fact you are a hypocrite based on what you wrote and the way you behave online.

Oh, and by the way, Snozberries said the tidbit about melodrama actually, not me. Your reading comprehension abilities match your horrid grammar skills. Your walls of text hurt my eyes as well as your 1980's lingo.

You seem fit to "defend" yourself with a rage essay each time you respond to any post which disagrees with you. The children you criticized cannot speak for themselves in this situation at all, unlike you. You seem to adore logical fallacies.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/23/13 at 9:12 am

Oh, now, don't play innocent, Dagnabbit, I'm SHURR...You claimed that I was playing the victim.  When an entire group of people totally hates on somebody, simply because they complained online about a RL situation that was driving them insane, then they are CREATING a victim.

I am not playing innocent.  I asked a simple question of where I was rude to you or attacking you and got a rude post in reply.  You did not answer my question at all.  I am not answering for others, because that is their job, but no where in any of my posts did I hate on you.  I don't know why I would think you would answer my question.  You seem to want to be seen as the picked on party.  And, before you say my attacking you was saying you were playing the victim.  That's isn't attacking, that is perception.  You not answering a question but complaining about how everybody is attacking you is playing the victim. 

Again, tell me where I have hated on you.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/13 at 10:29 am

Well I'm guessing they have a word for step and a character for chan  ;)

That too.

It was late when I posted.  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/23/13 at 1:24 pm

8)   

That's freaking awesome ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/23/13 at 1:28 pm

Maybe if I took the x 2 learn all of your ages, I'd realize that I'd really been wasting my x here...from approximately Day 1... this may be "Goodbye!" from me, regardless of weather or not I want to bother to see if most of you are 25 and under...; feel free 2 laugh when the door hits me in the a** on my trip away from this site, because, if you REALLY wish to automatically label me a "Troll", then that's the last time that you'll see one solitary word from me... 
8)   

Oh, and by the way, the people you are not so eloquently slamming are more than 25.  Don't assume that just because we disagree with you that we are not adults.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/13 at 4:06 pm

Like, hi there.  American kids, you know, are like so grody to the max, I know, fer sure, like no way.  I mean like, oh mah gawd, what the hell am I like talking about, you know what I mean.  I like, don't understand, like you know, what the deal is, with like all this stuff.  It's so bitchin', but it like so weirds me out to the max, fer sure, like you know?

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/23/13 at 4:06 pm

Okay fine, fer sure fer sure, she's a valley girl so sweet and pure :D

Please Stop!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/23/13 at 4:07 pm

I never said you were mean I just said you use it a bit too much sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/13 at 4:10 pm

Either the Chinese don't like CAPS or there's no translation for words like immature.and the number 2    :D

Did you use Google Translate?

Written By: Howard on 11/23/13 at 4:11 pm

8) 

This is so funny.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/13 at 6:26 pm

8)

Hey now, I was in no way trying to attack you.  I am simply making fun of Valley Girl talk because I think it's silly and I always did.  If you choose to talk in Valley Girl slang, that's cool, but when you write it in text form with every post you make, you shouldn't be surprised when people make fun

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/13 at 6:44 pm

Valleyspeak?  Back in the like historical period that like was the eighties, it was like most excellent, but now, it's like so non-triumphant.  Bogus, man, like totally!

http://rachaeljames.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/bill-and-ted.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/13 at 6:45 pm

"Do you have any idea what you're talking about?"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NPKiWQ_rBsA/ScA-4YPT4_I/AAAAAAAAALw/GC_t6vHb1L4/s1600/Paul+Rudd+Clueless.jpg.jpeg

"No.  Why, does it sound like I do?"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/70a2045c941938efae6ecf86c26a42d8/tumblr_mgsrwxfd1X1rkivf6o1_500.jpg

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/23/13 at 7:10 pm

Hey now, I was in no way trying to attack you.  I am simply making fun of Valley Girl talk because I think it's silly and I always did.  If you choose to talk in Valley Girl slang, that's cool, but when you write it in text form with every post you make, you shouldn't be surprised when people make fun

Gag me with a spoon.  8-P

Written By: warped on 11/23/13 at 7:21 pm

Did you use Google Translate?

No, I used BING, I think. But my original post is gone now. 

Written By: Funboat on 11/23/13 at 10:50 pm

@TheValleyGoth I don't want to offend you, but other people have a point. I mean, if I started a serious topic with "Ahoy there matey", would you take my post seriously?

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/13 at 10:55 pm

No, I used BING, I think. But my original post is gone now.
what happened???  Where did it go?

Written By: Howard on 11/24/13 at 4:00 pm

Valleyspeak?  Back in the like historical period that like was the eighties, it was like most excellent, but now, it's like so non-triumphant.  Bogus, man, like totally!

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/24/13 at 4:01 pm

Gag me with a spoon.  8-P

fer shur!  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 11/24/13 at 11:24 pm

Plus, Gizoogle slang is so much better.  :D

When tha heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn up by warm sunlight ta ride dirty up in tha open.

Plentiful up in tha tropics. When it dances, its petals rub together n' cook up a pleasant ringin sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jeOs9NPryk

(Video related, it's about this Pokemon right here)

When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

Plentiful in the tropics. When it dances, its petals rub together and make a pleasant ringing sound.

Spoilered is it's un-gizoogled descriptions.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/13 at 7:10 am

Plus, Gizoogle slang is so much better.  :D

When tha heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn up by warm sunlight ta ride dirty up in tha open.

Plentiful up in tha tropics. When it dances, its petals rub together n' cook up a pleasant ringin sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jeOs9NPryk

(Video related, it's about this Pokemon right here)

When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

Plentiful in the tropics. When it dances, its petals rub together and make a pleasant ringing sound.

Spoilered is it's un-gizoogled descriptions.

What's Gizoogle?

Written By: Step-chan on 11/25/13 at 10:59 am

A website that can translate stuff into more urban-ish slang.

The site itself is a play on Google.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/25/13 at 11:14 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! What about me???

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that along with AL-B, I'm just chopped liver! 

VG:  You're silly.  Silly's fine around here.
Everypony else:  You're silly too.  Silly's fine around here.

I'm OK with adopting a deliberately silly online persona.  Something about rocks, glass houses, and the times I've started a post with "Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned..."

To get back to the whole drama about whatever happened in the bathroom, who fuggin' cares?  Standards of etiquette change, even if the differences are minor, over time.  Speaking of which, I also learned that...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/minor_differences2/7.png

...PIGGERS ARE GONNA GO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR!

Your kill-me-before-I-do-that-with-a-hair-dryer student,
Foo Bar.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/13 at 7:17 am

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that along with AL-B, I'm just chopped liver! 

VG:  You're silly.  Silly's fine around here.
Everypony else:  You're silly too.  Silly's fine around here.

I'm OK with adopting a deliberately silly online persona.  Something about rocks, glass houses, and the times I've started a post with "Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned..."

To get back to the whole drama about whatever happened in the bathroom, who fuggin' cares?  Standards of etiquette change, even if the differences are minor, over time.  Speaking of which, I also learned that...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/minor_differences2/7.png

...PIGGERS ARE GONNA GO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR!

Your kill-me-before-I-do-that-with-a-hair-dryer student,
Foo Bar.

;D

Written By: Red Ant on 11/26/13 at 8:13 pm

and I thought I was long winded!  :o  American kids may be hopelessly strange, however the OP's posts are hopelessly annoying to read, thus a fudge and no further comment. ps: reminds me of Alan...

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/13 at 8:43 pm

and I thought I was long winded!  :o  American kids may be hopelessly strange, however the OP's posts are hopelessly annoying to read, thus a fudge and no further comment. ps: reminds me of Alan...

Ant

minus the pics and extra long spaces...but yeah I see where you get that...

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/27/13 at 5:34 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I TOTALLY don't like the number "9", so could somebody please either turn one of those Bad Karmas into a Good Karma, or give me one more Bad Karma?

Thanx, I'm SO SHURR!
8)

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 6:51 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I TOTALLY don't like the number "9", so could somebody please either turn one of those Bad Karmas into a Good Karma, or give me one more Bad Karma?

Thanx, I'm SO SHURR!
8)

Huh? Why would you want a bad karma?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/13 at 7:08 am

Huh? Why would you want a bad karma?  ???

You ever heard the saying that any attention, even negative attention, is still attention?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/27/13 at 8:59 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Thanx, I'm SO SHURR!
8)

Fibixed thubat fubor yubou.  ;)

Ubi TUBOTUBALLUBY dubon't lubike thube nubumbuber "9", subo cubould subomebuboduby plubease ubeithuber tuburn ubone ubof thubose Bubad Kubarmubas ubintubo uba Gubood Kubarmuba, ubor gubive mube ubone mubore Bubad Kubarmuba?

Thubanx, Ubi'm SUBO SHUBURR!
8)

Written By: warped on 11/27/13 at 11:01 am

Ubi TUBOTUBALLUBY dubon't lubike thube nubumbuber "9", subo cubould subomebuboduby plubease ubeithuber tuburn ubone ubof thubose Bubad Kubarmubas ubintubo uba Gubood Kubarmuba, ubor gubive mube ubone mubore Bubad Kubarmuba?

8)

kubarmuba fubor yubou

Written By: Step-chan on 11/27/13 at 11:06 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Thanx, I'm SO SHURR!
8)

LOL nope. You get this silly video instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZLY1cyPiA

(Thank goodness Clefairy don't really have that face)

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/13 at 4:15 pm

kubarmuba fubor yubou

Dittuhdbo

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/13 at 5:07 pm

Isn't this what you're supposed to do to children?

http://guymcpherson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Witches-brewing-local-children-in-cauldron.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/13 at 7:17 pm

Isn't this what you're supposed to do to children?

http://guymcpherson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Witches-brewing-local-children-in-cauldron.jpg

Just the local ones... those imported children are a tad bit too spicy!!!  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/13 at 7:37 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 7:53 pm

You ever heard the saying that any attention, even negative attention, is still attention?

Yes.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 7:54 pm

8)

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/27/13 at 7:56 pm

you put too much salsa on them. :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/13 at 11:59 pm

8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBqY6cJD3CE

- Bill Cosby, Dentists, from "Bill Cosby Himself", 1983. (esp. 2:00 onwards)

FIBER!

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/28/13 at 2:08 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I simply cannot have a Bad Karma Rating of 11!  I MUST have a Bad Karma Rating of 13, 15, 16, or higher.

I do not even CARE about your ATTENTION!  I TOTALLY care about NUMBERS, though, so I TRULY hope that somebody will be, like, so TOTALLY tripendicular as to give a few more Bad Karmas to me!
8)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/28/13 at 2:12 am

LOL nope. ^

You get this animated gif instead.

https://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTIvMTAvMTkvMjNfMjhfNDlfNjMwXzEyNzMwNV9fVU5PUFRfX3NhZmVfYW5pbWF0ZWRfZ2lsZGFfZGpfcG9uXzNfaXJvbl93aWxsX3JvdmVyX3Nwb3RfZmlkbyJdXQ/127305__safe_animated_wat_gilda_dj%2Bpon-dash-3_russian_iron%2Bwill_rover_dance_fido_spot_hardbass.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/28/13 at 8:17 am

- Bill Cosby, Dentists, from "Bill Cosby Himself", 1983. (esp. 2:00 onwards)

FIBER!

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/28/13 at 8:18 am

LOL nope. ^

https://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTIvMTAvMTkvMjNfMjhfNDlfNjMwXzEyNzMwNV9fVU5PUFRfX3NhZmVfYW5pbWF0ZWRfZ2lsZGFfZGpfcG9uXzNfaXJvbl93aWxsX3JvdmVyX3Nwb3RfZmlkbyJdXQ/127305__safe_animated_wat_gilda_dj%2Bpon-dash-3_russian_iron%2Bwill_rover_dance_fido_spot_hardbass.gif

;D

Written By: warped on 11/28/13 at 8:24 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I simply cannot have a Bad Karma Rating of 11!  I MUST have a Bad Karma Rating of 13, 15, 16, or higher.

I do not even CARE about your ATTENTION!  I TOTALLY care about NUMBERS, though, so I TRULY hope that somebody will be, like, so TOTALLY tripendicular as to give a few more Bad Karmas to me!
8)

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/0eecf328856eabb03b663c538caa15104f.png

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/28/13 at 9:57 pm

Like, Hi, Step-chan, Fer Shurr,

I know that you gave me the gif instead of ANY type of a Karma, but thanks, anyway!  That's actually a cool, entertaining gif!  Street dogs forever, I'm SHURR!
8)

LOL nope. ^

Written By: Step-chan on 11/29/13 at 10:32 pm

Karma and Fudge come and go, but funny gifs are lasting.  ;) ^

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/11/25/481423__safe_animated_meme_twilight+scepter_carlton_artist-colon-teirusu_the+fresh+prince+of+bel-dash-air.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/30/13 at 4:03 pm

Karma and Fudge come and go, but funny gifs are lasting.  ;) ^

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/11/25/481423__safe_animated_meme_twilight+scepter_carlton_artist-colon-teirusu_the+fresh+prince+of+bel-dash-air.gif

;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/13 at 12:27 pm

So I'm in AZ and two days after taking my dad home from the hospital he was feeling full of energy and wanted to go to costco.  We did and I pushed him all over the store. Then, since he'd gone a day without throwing up he wanted a hotdog. It was the first sign of an appetite so why not. Got him his dog, which comes with a soda, I didn't want a soda so I saw a mom and her 10 year old daughter eating pizza and no soda. Offered them my cup. Here's where this tale gets relevant:

As I was getting my dad some Sierra Mist I passed a man in his 60s or older getting two sodas. What I didn't notice was he also had a cane.  What I witnessed was this girl who had just filled up the cup I gave her stop and look at the old man with two sodas and a cane and offer to help him carry his soda to his table. It was sweet and selfless and I was really impressed with the girl...I told her mom what a good kid she was.

Also, the mom offered me a water from the pack she had just purchased at Costco. I declined because I had just purchased my own big assed case of Costco water but it was a nice outing and the kid instilled some faith in today 's youth  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/04/13 at 8:00 pm

So I'm in AZ and two days after taking my dad home from the hospital he was feeling full of energy and wanted to go to costco.  We did and I pushed him all over the store. Then, since he'd gone a day without throwing up he wanted a hotdog. It was the first sign of an appetite so why not. Got him his dog, which comes with a soda, I didn't want a soda so I saw a mom and her 10 year old daughter eating pizza and no soda. Offered them my cup. Here's where this tale gets relevant:

As I was getting my dad some Sierra Mist I passed a man in his 60s or older getting two sodas. What I didn't notice was he also had a cane.  What I witnessed was this girl who had just filled up the cup I gave her stop and look at the old man with two sodas and a cane and offer to help him carry his soda to his table. It was sweet and selfless and I was really impressed with the girl...I told her mom what a good kid she was.

Also, the mom offered me a water from the pack she had just purchased at Costco. I declined because I had just purchased my own big assed case of Costco water but it was a nice outing and the kid instilled some faith in today 's youth  :)

that's a nice gesture.  :)

Written By: warped on 12/05/13 at 8:01 am

and the kid instilled some faith in today 's youth  :)

Nice!  :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/05/13 at 4:42 pm

I didn't know kids like that existed. I was a kid like that, helping folks, but I thought that breed died out.

There might just be hope after all.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/05/13 at 5:12 pm

Oh they exist.  They are out there and believe it or not it isn't that rare.  They just get overshadowed by the twerp ones. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/05/13 at 8:29 pm

Oh they exist.  They are out there and believe it or not it isn't that rare.  They just get overshadowed by the twerp ones.

exactly  I do see them all of the time but this thread makes me appreciate them more.

Today I was in a grocery drier and went to use bra restroom ice big one - 4 stalls and a bench to sit in if there's a line. There was boy about 6 inside playing with the door. ( his mom was primping).
He opened the door just as I was about to open it from the outside...then he sees me and says sorry and the door closes.  Then he opens the four for me and says sorry again.  He didn't say it but I could tell the first door closing was an accident.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/05/13 at 8:40 pm

exactly  I do see them all of the time but this thread makes me appreciate them more.

Today I was in a grocery drier and went to use bra restroom ice big one - 4 stalls and a bench to sit in if there's a line. There was boy about 6 inside playing with the door. ( his mom was primping).
He opened the door just as I was about to open it from the outside...then he sees me and says sorry and the door closes.  Then he opens the four for me and says sorry again.  He didn't say it but I could tell the first door closing was an accident.

Sounds like he will grow up to be one of the good ones. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/13 at 2:01 am

Sounds like he will grow up to be one of the good ones.

Or...a creepy guy who hangs around women's restrooms  :D but it was still a nice gesture.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/06/13 at 8:17 am

Or...a creepy guy who hangs around women's restrooms  :D but it was still a nice gesture.
  ;D

Written By: warped on 12/06/13 at 2:10 pm

;D O0

Written By: Howard on 12/06/13 at 3:38 pm

It was nice of him to say sorry.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/09/13 at 4:41 am

this thread is lacking one crucial thing: Al-B, where is the history of the small block Chevy? im sure Im rusty on it, I REALLY need to read it again.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/09/13 at 11:42 am

this thread is lacking one crucial thing: Al-B, where is the history of the small block Chevy? im sure Im rusty on it, I REALLY need to read it again.  ;D

;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/09/13 at 3:28 pm

Annoying troll pics

Deleted.

Written By: karen on 12/10/13 at 11:19 am

Deleted.

Were they pictures of trolls being annoying or just so many pictures of trolls that it got annoying to scroll through them?

And does this count as feeding them?

Written By: Step-chan on 12/10/13 at 12:03 pm

Deleted.

I wonder which pictures of trolls he was talking about?

Written By: The Valley Goth on 12/12/13 at 12:42 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Somebody somehow got ahold of a picture of me?  How DARE they post that photo without my consent!  My thigh-high stockings were showing, I'm SHURR!

J/K!

Well, ANYWAY, I was at that building a few weeks ago, and I got an answer to one of my questions.  That girl from the dressing room told me that she didn't even know WHO had put that padlock on the door, and that SHE thought that it was silly, and that nobody had put that padlock there because of ME!

So, with regards to THAT situation, I guess that I overreacted, and everybody's hatin' on me was unfounded after all, fer shurr.  Cool beans!

With regards to the other girl, I'm going to have to be a bit of a sleuth in order to ever find out if she was lying to me...or just being silly, or whatever...
8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/14 at 10:51 am

This looks familiar!

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/14 at 11:52 am

This looks familiar!

I think that's why we had the immediate knee jerk reaction in the other thread...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/14 at 11:59 am

Are today's American kids (ages 4-17) hopelessly strange...and RUDE?

To answer that question, I blame the parents!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/14 at 12:06 pm

I think that's why we had the immediate knee jerk reaction in the other thread...

Went did the ranting start?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/12/14 at 7:28 pm

Are today's American kids (ages 4-17) hopelessly strange...and RUDE?

To answer that question, I blame the parents!

I would say so too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/14 at 11:24 am

I would say so too.
http://portlandmindful.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Rant-Alert.png

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/14 at 10:27 am

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/CrazyReed/monkey-goat.gif

Written By: Howard on 05/14/14 at 3:27 pm

Went did the ranting start?  ;D

a long time ago.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/14 at 3:28 pm

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/CrazyReed/hytek.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 3:00 am

a long time ago.
Started at the year dot?

Written By: Howard on 05/15/14 at 7:14 am

Started at the year dot?

There was a year "dot"?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 7:40 am

There was a year "dot"?  ???
The Meaning of 'year dot' is:

A very long time ago; too long ago to be dated.

Origin

This is a fairly recent phrase which originated in England at the end of the 19th century. It is still in use there, although less so elsewhere. The earliest record found of it is a print from Lands of the slave and the free: or, Cuba, The United States, and Canada, by Henry Anthony Murray 1857:

"But as our ancestors adopted this system 'in the year dot, before one was invented..."

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/19/14 at 4:32 am

This looks familiar!

I might be a little late to reply, and I'm not sure I understood everything in the original post, but ok. I don't know that kids are any weirder than before, but there will always be the ones that go through a bratty phase, and snotty teenagers. At work this past weekend someone had his step son who was sixteen help out. He doesn't work there and can't yet, but he helped drag things around and put some of the people who'd been there for years to shame. His older sister used to be better, but she's gotten bratty and had the attitude when she turned 18 she could do what she wanted when she wanted. It's all different.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/14 at 2:07 am

I might be a little late to reply, and I'm not sure I understood everything in the original post...
Don't worry, we were confused too.

Check for new replies or respond here...