inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pitbull and Ke$ha : Timber #1 Video at VH-1 FOUR WEEKS RUNNING !

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/13 at 6:51 am

Mister Worldwide and Ke$ha are joining forces in their latest release, "Timber", which I understand they performed at the AMA's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHUbLv4ThOo

This will no doubt be dynamite on the charts.  A sultry performance by Pitbull and Ke$ha, combined with the country-themed tune appealing to the traditional C&W demographic.  8)

Timber has already reached #2 on the charts in Sweden and Norway, and is also #2 on the US Rap Songs board.  It is also #3 in New Zealand and #4 on the Canadian Hot 40 rankings.

Quite a toe-tapper...

Subject: Re: Pitbull and Ke$ha Going Worldwide

Written By: Creeder on 11/28/13 at 8:15 am

This song is so damn catchy ! Can't get it out of my head . >:(

Written By: warped on 11/28/13 at 8:40 am

This song's quick loud beat makes me ill.
I do not understand today's music.

if someone wants to torture me, play this song.  ;D

I actually had to step away from the computer for a bit after hearing part of it.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/30/13 at 7:25 am

Timber is going nuts on the international charts.  Ke$ha was smart to do this collabo with Pitbull, a.k.a., Mister Worldwide.

It is #1 in Austria and now #2 in Canada, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Norway, and the US Rap Songs charts.  It's also in the top 5 in New Zealand, Australia, Belgium, Hungary, Holland and The Netherlands.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/03/13 at 5:53 am

I just saw where Timber presently is the #1 download at iTunes.  8)

Written By: 19brandon90 on 12/04/13 at 9:04 am

It sure is a catchy song. I was a bit surprised to hear Ke$ha. I thought she had gone away from music because she hasn't released an album lately.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/14/13 at 9:10 pm

Timber made its debut this week on the VH1 Top Twenty, at position #19.

Next thing you know they'll be at #1.  8)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/15/13 at 8:55 pm

It's not catchy at all... Quite the opposite actually. It makes me want to leave the room.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/16/13 at 3:51 pm

It's not catchy at all... Quite the opposite actually. It makes me want to leave the room.

There's a lot of people in New Zealand, Australia, Belgium, Hungary, Holland and The Netherlands who might disagree.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/13 at 6:49 pm

Pitbull performed Timber "live" on the David Letterman Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekfro-W_6Jc

Problem is, they used a pre-recorded version of Ke$ha's vocals.  The whole performance was a little crappy due to that.  They shoulda had Ke$ha there for the performance.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/29/13 at 7:34 pm

Timber continues its monster run on the charts.

At iTunes it is currently the #1 download in the US, Austria, Finland, UK, Canada, Sweden, Germany, and Norway.  8)

Could Pitbull and Ke$ha dominate 2014? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/04/14 at 9:42 am

Timber just hit #2 on the VH-1 Top Twenty Countdown.  8)

I just read that the dude who plays harmonica on the song only got $1000 for his services.  That's cold.

Subject: Re: Pitbull and Ke$ha : Timber #1 in USA Two Weeks Running

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/18/14 at 7:34 am

Timber has been at the top of the Billboard top 100 now for two weeks running, beating out "Counting Stars" in both outings.

Looks like Ke$ha and Pitbull are going to define the sound of 2014.  8)

Subject: Re: Pitbull and Ke$ha : Timber #1 Video in USA

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/14 at 9:40 am

Timber just hit the #1 spot for the first week on the VH-1 Top Twenty Countdown, unseating Eminem and Rihanna's hit "Monster".

This is the first time that Pitbull has had a video in the top spot.  Props are due to Ke$ha, who clearly was the ingredient to get Pitbull to the top.  8)

http://cbsradionews.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/kesha-and-pitbull-by-kevin-winter.jpg

Subject: Re: Pitbull and Ke$ha : Timber #1 Video in USA Second Week in a Row

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/01/14 at 9:53 am

Timber just hit the #1 spot for the first week on the VH-1 Top Twenty Countdown, unseating Eminem and Rihanna's hit "Monster".

This is the first time that Pitbull has had a video in the top spot.  Props are due to Ke$ha, who clearly was the ingredient to get Pitbull to the top.  8)

http://cbsradionews.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/kesha-and-pitbull-by-kevin-winter.jpg

Yet again, Timber tops the VH-1 Video Countdown.

Let's hope we soon see another collabo between Ke$ha and Pitbull.  8)

Subject: Re: Pitbull and Ke$ha : Timber #1 Video at VH-1 AGAIN

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/08/14 at 10:38 am

Timber tops the video countdown for its third week running.

At this pace it might NEVER relinquish the top spot and they might have to cancel the show.  ;D

Subject: Re: Pitbull and Ke$ha : Timber #1 Video at VH-1 AGAIN

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/14 at 9:51 am

Timber tops the video countdown for its third week running.

At this pace it might NEVER relinquish the top spot and they might have to cancel the show.  ;D

Four weeks in a row now, beating out Crustina Haguilera who came in at #2,.  And Ke$ha has been in rehab the whole time so it has not had the benefit of her promotion.

I wonder if they'll go for 5? ???  Or will Crustina unseat the juggernaut of Ke$ha and Pitbull? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...