inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Here's a REALLY Dumb Product

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/13 at 8:02 am

OK, so probably lots of you know of the famous Mister Yuk, the green monster whose face is on the stickers that are designed to keep children away from dangerous substances in the house.

I was just over at the University of Picksburgh Medical Center's website.  UPMC's Children's Hospital owns the copyright to Mister Yuk.  You can buy all sorts of SWAG over there, like sheets of Mr. Yuk stickers to plaster on your household chemicals.

Then I came across this:

https://secure.upmc.com/mrYukOnlineStore/images/Yuk-cups-001.jpg

WTH???  Selling Mister Yuk travel mugs?  This is amazingly stupid.  Young kids will see Mummy or Daddy drinking from one of these and will start to think that the Yukster is cool.  next thing you know, Junior will be chugging from that bottle of Drano.

Just frigging amazing.

Subject: Re: Here's a REALLY Dumb Product

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/13 at 9:48 pm

WTH???  Selling Mister Yuk travel mugs?  This is amazingly stupid.  Young kids will see Mummy or Daddy drinking from one of these and will start to think that the Yukster is cool.  next thing you know, Junior will be chugging from that bottle of Drano.

Not enough facepalms in the universe for a marketing fail of that magnitude.

wLsONa3gKIQ

When you see it you'll know quick,
Things marked "Yuk" will make you sick.
Sick, sick, sick...

"Daddy, why are you and Mommy trying to poison each other?"
"Shut up kid, and let us finish this bottle of vodka!"

Subject: Re: Here's a REALLY Dumb Product

Written By: Howard on 11/28/13 at 8:20 am

I think it's a cool mug.

Check for new replies or respond here...