inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lorde - Refuses to Name Her Fans

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/12/14 at 6:47 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/lorde-won-t-name-fans_4018733

Teen sensation Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor, a.k.a. Lorde, has indicated her refusal to give her fan base a "pet name" like, for example, Lady GaGa's "Monsters".

Asked whether she had named her fans yet, she ranted: ''F**k no! That's the worst! I find it grating to lump everyone into a really awkward, pun-centric name. People joke about it on Twitter, 'You should call us The Disciples.'

''Never! I have discouraged it. I've tweeted multiple times, 'No fan name, I do no condone this.' ''

http://www.stitchfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lorde-sirius-xm-aug13-640x480.jpg

Subject: Re: Lorde - Refuses to Name Her Fans

Written By: XYkid on 01/12/14 at 6:57 pm

I understand where she's coming from, because when you give your fans a label like that, a stigma will come of it that could turn into something negative.
One example I could use of this is when Insane Clown Posse first called their fans 'Juggalos', and now Juggalos are often viewed as violent and hateful people, and the FBI even lists them as an official gang. Of course rarely do things like that ever become so extreme, but even in the case of how Lady Gaga calls her fans 'Monsters', it gives people are cult-like mentality, which can easily turn into something destructive.

Written By: Howard on 01/13/14 at 7:19 am

How about just calling them "fans"?  ???

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/14 at 6:31 pm

Or Potterheads!  ;D

For Harry Potter fans, but it reminds me of drug use.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/22/14 at 1:45 am

Why not the "Non-Royals"  ::)

My fanbase keeps renaming themselves,and have multiple names floating at once,  at least if her fans name themselves let the name STICK, and don't pull a Prince name-change stunt 20 years down the road...

(I literally had to ask a friend the other day, "what the hell are we called?")

Check for new replies or respond here...