inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Malaysian Flight 370 missing

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/14 at 12:09 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-knowns-unknowns/

A commercial jet airliner has been missing for over 72 hours.  I'm perplexed.  None of the theories of why make much sense.

It's a Boeing 777 that departed from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on Saturday, March 8th just after noon local time.  It was destined for Beijing.  No sign of it since.

If it crashed, it would have sent out distress reports.  If it was hijacked, the hijackers would have made demands right away.  Maybe hijackers overpowered the crew and crashed it into the ocean.  They're searching an area bigger than the size of Pennsylvania and haven't found any debris or oil on the water that would indicate a crash.  Maybe extraterrestrials abducted it.  Who knows?  I hope the figure it out in the next day or two.  Scant hope for survivors, though.

???

Subject: Re: Malaysian Flight 370 missing

Written By: Dagwood on 03/11/14 at 1:59 pm

It's a sad story.  How can a plane just vanish like that.  If it crashed, there would be the signal from the black boxes but there is nothing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/14 at 2:50 pm

It's a sad story.  How can a plane just vanish like that.  If it crashed, there would be the signal from the black boxes but there is nothing.
The Black Box should emit signals up to 30 days, but nothing is being picked up.

Written By: Ripley on 03/11/14 at 2:55 pm

Someone said its like the Bermuda Triangle.  It seems like it  :-\\  Yet it wouldn't be called Bermuda rather an area over there. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/14 at 3:20 pm

I'm thinking maybe the pilots set the wrong altitude course and the plane glided gracefully into the ocean the way an Olympic diver makes no wake.  If the plane didn't break up on impact and just immersed and sank there would be much debris....

That doesn't make sense.  A dozen things would have to go wrong simultaneously and a dozen other things would have to be ignored.  Each theory crumbles like that.

But I do think it was a perfect storm of errors in the Twilight Zone, whether or not hijackers were involved. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ot_pGQIhw

Written By: Ripley on 03/11/14 at 3:36 pm

But I do think it was a perfect storm of errors in the Twilight Zone, whether or not hijackers were involved. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ot_pGQIhw

I agree.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/14 at 6:05 pm

This indeed odd.

I don't think it is a terrorist incident, because nobody has come forward to claim "credit".  (I'm kinda surprised nobody has claimed credit anyway).

I am leaning towards a mid-air fuel tank explosion.  But the last time that sort of thing happened, radar still showed the bigger pieces as they descended.

If the pilots decided to do a suicide run, that still does not explain the sudden absence from radar.

But given the totality of the info I'm calling it an explosion at this point.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/11/14 at 7:08 pm

This indeed odd.

I don't think it is a terrorist incident, because nobody has come forward to claim "credit".  (I'm kinda surprised nobody has claimed credit anyway).

I am leaning towards a mid-air fuel tank explosion.  But the last time that sort of thing happened, radar still showed the bigger pieces as they descended.

If the pilots decided to do a suicide run, that still does not explain the sudden absence from radar.

But given the totality of the info I'm calling it an explosion at this point.

What about the black boxes, though?  The signals would be pinging.

Written By: nally on 03/11/14 at 7:10 pm

I can't understand it either. :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/14 at 7:15 pm

What about the black boxes, though?  The signals would be pinging.

True, true.  But if the box is underwater you have to at least be "listening" fairly close.

I just read an article that says Malaysian military radar picked up the airplane hundreds of kilometers from where it was supposed to be, far west of where everybody has been looking.  So now the search area is expanded way out there too.

The "military radar" story sounds a little fishy to me.  When you see what the path of the aircraft would have been to get where it was spotted, there would be all sorts of radar tracking 'pings' along the way.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/11/14 at 7:26 pm

They heard the Airfrance one that went down in the ocean pretty well. 

I heard the story about it flying off course as well.  I don't know what to think. 

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/11/14 at 11:32 pm

Wherever it is, it's probably not where people have been looking, but it's a big ocean, and it's a big countryside.

It's a fascinating problem.  Because the world's covered in big oceans and a big countrysides, it's expensive to fit every commercial aircraft with gear that automatically phones home with telemetry during every phase of a flight.  Unless proven otherwise, the most likely hypothesis is some sort of accident, not malice.

http://i44.tinypic.com/244oe1x.jpg

Or a shark ate it. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/14 at 11:48 pm

If it was a sudden explosion wouldn't the aircraft automatically send a signal to a satellite or a radar station or something?

Yeah, we tend to overlook how HUGE the oceans and the wilderness areas are.  There are a million places something the size of a 777 could get lost in that part of the world.  It's just weird because it seems like everything is being watched everywhere all the time.  They can see a mouse whack off from outer space, but they can't find an airliner!

::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/12/14 at 12:25 am

If it was a sudden explosion wouldn't the aircraft automatically send a signal to a satellite or a radar station or something?

Nope.  The plane doesn't necessarily have two-way satellite communications, and even if it did, how would it know it exploded? 

There are devices that will reliably go off after a sufficiently strong impact, but that doesn't mean anyone is around to hear them.  Radio doesn't work underwater.  Even sonar's range is limited.  The sonar pings have to come from something that's basically part of the black box, and that puts some pretty big limits on battery life and range.

Going with the satellite idea, even that's not foolproof.  Put yourself in the position of the CPU on an airplane that's just blown up.  All you know is that you're no longer receiving sensor data from the parts of the plane that aren't there anymore.  "OK, that's weird", you think, "I don't know what's wrong, but let's tell someone about it."  So you yell for help through the satellite radio, whose antenna is, after the explosion, in the belly of a shark, while you, despite being installed only a few feet away from the antenna, tumble silently through the air at 35000 feet.  You must scream, but you have no mouth.

Maybe the pilots dove for the deck to hide amongst the radar clutter and snuck the plane to an unmarked landing strip in the middle of the jungle before running out of gas.  Maybe they blew up at altitude and didn't have anything left with which to communicate as they fell into the drink or the ground.  Maybe they got confused and their last thought was "What's a mountain goat doing way up here in this cloud bank?" and they also managed to hit hard enough that the emergency beacon failed on impact.  We don't yet have enough information to reliably guess.  It's an interesting problem.

Written By: Ripley on 03/12/14 at 1:56 pm

http://i44.tinypic.com/244oe1x.jpg

Or a shark ate it.

I love those cheesy Syfy movies.  :P

Written By: gibbo on 03/12/14 at 10:10 pm

True, true.  But if the box is underwater you have to at least be "listening" fairly close.

I just read an article that says Malaysian military radar picked up the airplane hundreds of kilometers from where it was supposed to be, far west of where everybody has been looking.  So now the search area is expanded way out there too.

The "military radar" story sounds a little fishy to me.  When you see what the path of the aircraft would have been to get where it was spotted, there would be all sorts of radar tracking 'pings' along the way.

More likely the military somehow caused the plane to crash and are now diverting the search away from their error!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/14 at 2:29 pm

More likely the military somehow caused the plane to crash and are now diverting the search away from their error!
That was my first thought when I first heard the disappearance last Saturday, for airlines have to pay to fly through the airspace of Vietnam and MH370 had strayed over, and was was treated as a foreign unkown object.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/14 at 11:15 pm

That was my first thought when I first heard the disappearance last Saturday, for airlines have to pay to fly through the airspace of Vietnam and MH370 had strayed over, and was was treated as a foreign unkown object.

But they reported nothing back to base about trouble from Vietnam.  The also made a strange sharp turn, as they're saying.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/14 at 3:46 am

LATEST:

Military radar-tracking evidence suggests a Malaysia Airlines jetliner missing for nearly a week was deliberately flown across the Malay peninsula towards the Andaman Islands, sources familiar with the investigation have said.

Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints - indicating it was being flown by someone with aviation training - when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast.

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward India's Andaman Islands, a chain of isles between the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, they said.

Waypoints are geographic locations, worked out by calculating longitude and latitude, that help pilots navigate along established air corridors.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/14/14 at 5:57 am

I can see one terrorist angle.  Steal the airplane for a future 9/11 style attack.  That would explain what we see here and why nobody is claiming credit.  However it still leaves problems:

Still... Why no radar tracking?  The errant flight path would have taken them over populated land so they could not simply have "skimmed the sea".
A 777 takes a big airport and then you gotta hide it from satellite photos

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/14 at 2:01 pm

Perhaps a terrorist plot gone awry.  Maybe the terrorists planned a 9/11 style kamikaze attack, but crashed into the ocean or the jungle. 
???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/14 at 2:03 pm

Perhaps a terrorist plot gone awry.  Maybe the terrorists planned a 9/11 style kamikaze attack, but crashed into the ocean or the jungle. 
???
Similar to the Pennsylvania plane at 9/11?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/14 at 9:36 pm

Similar to the Pennsylvania plane at 9/11?

Yeah, the hijackers were either overcome by the crew/passengers OR they effed up their own scheme and crashed the plane.

----

Could it have been sudden decompression in the cabin?  At 35,000 feet the crew would have about half a minute to fix the problem then everybody's SOL.
???

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/15/14 at 1:30 am

???

Yeah, as the time goes by, it's getting weirder and weirder.

Idea:  Grab the plane, dive to the deck to avoid radar coverage, land it somewhere long enough that you can refuel it, shoot the passengers, take off again, do something naughty!

Problem with that idea:  ...but n abandoned runway that's big enough that you can take off again is pretty long, and there aren't that many of them.  You have to refuel, take off, fly under the cover of radar to another such runway between satellite overflights. 

Compromise:  Same dumbasses grab a plane, shut down transponders, dive beneath the radar, only to find that they've run out of gas and have to ditch in the water, and the plane sinks intact.  Something like that actually happened to an Ethiopian flight in 1996.

Problem with that idea:  ...but if that happened today instead of 1996, to MH370, I think that the Gs involved in a water landing would have automatically activated emergency beacons. 

Unrelated idea:  Someone else mentioned decompression and crew can't get their masks on in time.  That scenario actually happened to a Greek flight in 2005.

Problem with that idea:  If that happened to MH370, the plane should have remained on the radar.

Compromise:  Maybe the lights go on, pilots don masks too late, lose consciousness while diving for the deck to get more oxygen. 

Problem with that idea:  The plane smashes into the ocean and makes a mess that someone should have seen by now.  Maybe the pilots black out before they dive for the deck, and the dive is shallow enough that some miraculous interaction of trim and ground effect enables the plane to fly by itself at sea level until it runs out of gas.  That also doesn't work, because if the plane is going down slowly enough that everybody dies from lack of oxygen, it would still be on the radar.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I'm still stumped, but I'm increasingly fascinated. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/14 at 4:09 am

The communications systems of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were deliberately disabled, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak has said.

According to satellite and radar evidence, he said, the plane then changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours.

He said the "movements are consistent with the deliberate action of someone on the plane".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26591056

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/14 at 11:23 pm

It didn't occur to me that hijackers would steal the plane to use later because you need, what, a 5,000 foot runway and a control tower for landing and take-off of a 777.  You can't just chug into Bud's Airstrip in East Bumblef*ck undercover of night.  That is, unless the hijackers know something I don't know and there is sure as sh*t a lot of stuff I don't know, so...maybe?

If I may conjecture, a stolen commercial jet liner is a piss-poor tool for terrorists, at least on a second run.  Even if terrorists got that sonofabitch back up into the sky, every air force in the world is looking for it, so the terrorists would find themselves strafed by fighter jets who'd be more than happy to shoot their plane into the drink. 

(I wanted the Airplane scene in which the auto pilots take off in the wrecked plane, but I couldn't find it so here's the jive-talking scene w/ Barbara Billingsley instead.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ
:-\\

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/16/14 at 1:09 am

It didn't occur to me that hijackers would steal the plane to use later because you need, what, a 5,000 foot runway and a control tower for landing and take-off of a 777.

It probably didn't occur to the hijackers either.  As you point out, even if they land it and manage to take off again, they'll be blown out of the sky as soon as they enter any country's airspace.  The funny truth is that despite them getting lucky on 9/11, we've never been dealing with the "A" team of bad guys. 

Boomers/Xers will get my drift - compared to the Russians, the terrists can't really do jack, and never could.  As an Xer, I'm sorry that me, and my fellow Xers (and our parents, the Boomers) took too long to figure this out.  We treated the terrorists as though they were a threat on a par with a superpower.  At the time, we thought they might have been able to get to the level of blowing up a few cities, and the paranoia we had left over from the cold war led us to overreact to a bunch of people who barely had the backing of half a dozen third-world hellholes.

Millennials/Homelanders - I'm not sure if this puts it in perspective, but imagine what the world would look like if "the terrorists" had 10000 nuclear missiles that could be launched with the push of a button.  We grew up with the possibility that every city would be wiped out within 20 minutes, and you didn't.  We overreacted to a bunch of people who got lucky, once, more than a decade ago, and all they managed to do was knock down a couple of buildings.  They did a few billion dollars of damage, which cost us less than Hurricane Katrina did to New Orleans.  They killed as many people as automobile crashes kill every month.  And that's all they did, and it's all that they will ever be able to do.

To prevent this from happening ever again, we spent trillions of dollars spying on our people like the KGB/FSB did/do, built censorship into the Internet like the Chinese have, and hired thousands of goons whose job it will be to fondle your kids every time you fly to Disneyland.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/703/129/a74.gif

But hey, we don't have to worry about hijackers again, except for MH370.  Glory to Arstotzka!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/14 at 12:38 pm

Maybe the terrorists wanted to 9/11 slam those butt-ugly Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, but then the dudes realized they didn't really know how to fly a 777, so it zig-zagged all over the place and cannon-balled the Indian Ocean!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Petronas_Panorama_II.jpg/364px-Petronas_Panorama_II.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/14 at 12:19 pm

Relatives of the Chinese passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight threaten a hunger strike over calls for better information.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/14 at 12:50 pm

Residents on a remote island in Maldives claim they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane in the hours after it disappeared.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo, in Dhaalu Atoll, said they saw a white aircraft with red stripes flying so low over the island the plane’s doors were clearly visible.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.

The alleged sighting – around 2,000 miles away from Kuala Lumpur – came hours after Beijing-bound flight MH370 vanished on the same day with 239 people on board.

Investigators now believe it was deliberately steered off-course after it took off from the Malaysian capital.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/14 at 1:53 pm

Residents on a remote island in Maldives claim they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane in the hours after it disappeared.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo, in Dhaalu Atoll, said they saw a white aircraft with red stripes flying so low over the island the plane’s doors were clearly visible.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.

The alleged sighting – around 2,000 miles away from Kuala Lumpur – came hours after Beijing-bound flight MH370 vanished on the same day with 239 people on board.

Investigators now believe it was deliberately steered off-course after it took off from the Malaysian capital.
I have just looked at a map of the Indian Ocean and noticed that The Maldives are on a straight line between Malaysia and Somalia. Could the plane had enough fuel on to fly to Somalia? It does bring to mind Somalian pirates!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/14 at 3:56 pm

I have just looked at a map of the Indian Ocean and noticed that The Maldives are on a straight line between Malaysia and Somalia. Could the plane had enough fuel on to fly to Somalia? It does bring to mind Somalian pirates!
On a report on Sky News, MH370 have 5 hours of fuel on the plane, and on a visual it showed the plane would fall short of Somalia, unless it carried more fuel than what was needed.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/18/14 at 6:59 pm

Relatives of the Chinese passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight threaten a hunger strike over calls for better information.

I hear the hunger strike happened, and lasted 7 hours.  Not much of a strike.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/14 at 6:12 am

Missing Malaysia plane: 10 theories examined from BBC News

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/14 at 10:47 am

New search area for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370:

http://teabooksthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/earth-from-space-1.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/14 at 11:04 am

New search area for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370:

http://teabooksthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/earth-from-space-1.jpg
In my mind, that sums it up!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/14 at 10:24 pm

The families of the missing are getting restless.  I can't blame them, but what do they want the government to do?

Hey sport, you connect the dots, you pick up the pieces...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3euLzIBSVo

Written By: Dagwood on 03/19/14 at 10:56 pm

There is some news that Australia found some debris that may have come from the plane in the Indian Ocean.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 1:56 am

There is some news that Australia found some debris that may have come from the plane in the Indian Ocean.

Man, that means they drowned. Terrible way to die. I don't wish that even on people I don't like.

Written By: gibbo on 03/20/14 at 2:02 am

Were they carrying any snakes perhaps?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 2:10 am

Were they carrying any snakes perhaps?

Is this the sequel? Snakes on a plane 2: Malaysia

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 3:25 am

Australia is investigating two objects seen on satellite images that could potentially be linked to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, officials say.

Planes and ships from Australia, New Zealand and the US were heading to the area 2,500km (1,550 miles) south-west of Perth to search for the objects.

The largest appeared to be 24m in size, maritime authorities said, but warned they could be unrelated to the plane.

Australia has been searching in the southern Indian Ocean for the aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on 8 March when it lost contact with air traffic controllers. A total of 239 people were on board.

Twenty-six nations have been involved in a major search for the missing plane, which Malaysia says was intentionally diverted.

Investigators have been scrutinising the backgrounds of both the crew and the passengers, but have so far identified no evidence of terror or other potentially relevant links.

A number of sightings of possible debris have been investigated in the course of the search but so far none have proved to be linked.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73694000/jpg/_73694267_digo_00718_01_14.jpg
Australian authorities said one of the objects was 24m in size

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73694000/jpg/_73694268_digo_00718_02_14.jpg
The objects were seen on satellite images and assessed by experts

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/14 at 1:30 pm

Man, that means they drowned. Terrible way to die. I don't wish that even on people I don't like.

Likely dead or unconscious when they hit the drink.  No way to tell for sure.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/14 at 1:31 pm

Not yet, or we may still never know, with the deep waters of the Indian Ocean.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/20/14 at 4:16 pm

That's true.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/14 at 6:32 am

China is investigating new images of debris in the southern Indian Ocean, potentially from missing flight MH370, Malaysian officials say.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/14 at 7:55 pm

There's nothing new to talk about so CNN says the old stuff 100 different ways!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/22/14 at 8:16 pm

Is it possible with global warming, that the Bermuda Triangle has expanded.

Why are we covering this flight so hard anyway? Were there Americans on it or something? I just I know I see it over and over...but never really paid attention. (Unless a plane is crashing into a national monument, I don't worry.)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/22/14 at 8:18 pm

Americans or not, there are 240 people on that plane that has disappeared without a trace.  It is news. 

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/14 at 8:31 pm

I wonder when the news will stop reporting about this. I mean keep looking, but when will they stop putting it on front page news?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/22/14 at 9:00 pm

Heck a B25 bomber splashed down in the Monongahela River near Picksburgh back in '56 and was never found.  They might find Amelia Earhart before 370 gets found.  :-\\

Written By: gibbo on 03/22/14 at 11:21 pm

Americans or not, there are 240 people on that plane that has disappeared without a trace.  It is news.

They were mainly Chinese I believe. There were a couple of older Aussie couples going on holiday as well. Doesn't matter who was on the plane ... their families have been put through an ordeal (and given some false hope). The Malaysians have handled this badly!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/23/14 at 11:56 am

They were mainly Chinese I believe. There were a couple of older Aussie couples going on holiday as well. Doesn't matter who was on the plane ... their families have been put through an ordeal (and given some false hope). The Malaysians have handled this badly!

That was exactly my point.  It doesn't matter the nationality, it is news.

Why are we covering this flight so hard anyway? Were there Americans on it or something? I just I know I see it over and over...but never really paid attention. (Unless a plane is crashing into a national monument, I don't worry.)

I was responding to this part of Tiff's post.

I believe there were three Americans on board, two of them being children.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/23/14 at 1:23 pm

Okay thank you.

A part of me just thinks if I were to disappear, no one would care. And besides this constantly talking of it is doing nothing but making the families feel worse.

"Oh, we found debris" (no bodies, no survivors, mind you)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/23/14 at 2:14 pm

Okay thank you.

A part of me just thinks if I were to disappear, no one would care. And besides this constantly talking of it is doing nothing but making the families feel worse.

"Oh, we found debris" (no bodies, no survivors, mind you)

To be honest, I don't think Malaysia is telling the whole truth and that is what is upsetting the families more.  I will honestly be surprised if they do ever find the plane. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/14 at 12:05 am

There never was a plane.  Obama cooked this whole thing up to district us from Benghazi!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/24/14 at 1:36 pm

Frankly, I didn't care at all about this flight "mystery" until this morning, when I was flipping channels in search of my 10 am cartoons.
I passed CNN and they were saying how the families of the 200 some-odd victims were notified by TEXT MESSAGE that thier loved ones had perished.

I was done, I went ape sheesh and literally woke my poor father up yelling. I mean I couldn't even fathom it. The people were waiting WEEKS for news and then it comes in the most IMPERSONAL way I've ever heard. I lost it. I mean I think the people at least rated a phone call of condolences. Is this where society has "advanced" to? Texts aren't for death notifications. It's for asking your buddy if they want to see a movie tonight, or go for a burger for lunch. not "Hey your loved one is dead, sorry!"
April 30th makes six years since my mother died. I was called PERSONALLY by a woman named Kathleen from the Medical Center of Southeast Texas and told of my mom's death. I conversed with a real, flesh and blood human who stayed on the line the entire time I went running through my house, crying and screaming.
These poor people didn't have that. I think it is so COLD, so HEARTLESS, and makes no sense. The Asians are very technologically advanced and I don't understand how they couldn't set aside a group of folks to make those calls, rather than typing it in and punching send.
I have lost faith in humanity. I've said it before, but damn it, I mean it this time. I'd have never ruined a bunch of people's hopes, dreams and live via a mass message.
You really dropped the ball Malaysia.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/e3760744f2217760914c99d3489d100f/tumblr_inline_n24jqbWCZi1qm3xa2.gif
I can't help but shake my head.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/14 at 8:28 pm

The Titanic is still a disaster.  Doesn't mean it's news.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/24/14 at 11:37 pm

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/721/098/d82.jpg

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/24/14 at 11:49 pm

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/721/098/d82.jpg

It's too soon man! (And I still snickered, God forgive me.)

The Titanic is still a disaster.  Doesn't mean it's news.

Well look at how long it took them to FIND the Titanic. 1912-1986. LORD ARE WE GONNA HEAR ABOUT THIS OVER 70 YEARS FROM NOW? :(  :(  :( In my toothless senility, I can tell my grandbabies about this.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/14 at 4:09 am

Manifest for Flight MH370

153 Chinese
38 Malaysians
7 Indonesians
6 Australians
5 Indians
4 French
3 Americans
2 each from New Zealand, Ukraine and Canada
One each from Russia, Taiwan, Netherlands
Two men - one confirmed as Iranian - travelling under stolen Italian and Austrian passports
Source: Malaysia Airlines

There were 3 Americans on that flight, and anything that is tragic as this is major unprecedented international news.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/14 at 4:10 am

Angry relatives of passengers on board the missing Malaysia Airways plane scuffle with police outside Malaysia's embassy in the Chinese capital.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/14 at 4:38 am

In a statement announcing the suspension of search operations on Tuesday, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (Amsa) said it had undertaken a risk assessment "and determined that the current weather conditions would make any air and sea search activities hazardous and pose a risk to crew".

Written By: Dagwood on 03/25/14 at 6:55 am

The Titanic was big news 100 years ago when it sank.  The plane is news now because it is new. 

Written By: Dagwood on 03/25/14 at 6:56 am

Manifest for Flight MH370

153 Chinese
38 Malaysians
7 Indonesians
6 Australians
5 Indians
4 French
3 Americans
2 each from New Zealand, Ukraine and Canada
One each from Russia, Taiwan, Netherlands
Two men - one confirmed as Iranian - travelling under stolen Italian and Austrian passports
Source: Malaysia Airlines

There were 3 Americans on that flight, and anything that is tragic as this is major unprecedented international news.

Thank you, Philip.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/14 at 2:08 am

It has now been announced that the pilot of Flight MH370 has just separated from his wife and may have taken the plane as for a joyride.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/14 at 12:48 pm

A further 122 objects potentially from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been identified by a satellite, a Malaysian minister says.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/26/14 at 5:33 pm

The Titanic was big news 100 years ago when it sank.  The plane is news now because it is new.

Should we expect a big-budget film 70 years from now?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/26/14 at 6:23 pm

Sure, why not.  I am sure Cameron has reproduced and one of his offspring can direct.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/26/14 at 6:26 pm

Céline Dion will remember Flight 370 forever and ever.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U76Fb9QMQhE/TdvG6xnyBZI/AAAAAAAAAd4/2swgQn2kavM/s1600/Celine582.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/26/14 at 7:18 pm

^  Uh-oh! Elton John, Candle in the Wind (Flight 370 version)
:o

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/26/14 at 8:04 pm

Sure, why not.  I am sure Cameron has reproduced and one of his offspring can direct.

And one of Leonardo Dicaprio's scions can give  a gut wrenching performance and still NOT win the Oscar.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/26/14 at 9:25 pm

And one of Leonardo Dicaprio's scions can give  a gut wrenching performance and still NOT win the Oscar.  ;D

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/14 at 3:22 am

BREAKING NEWS:

Thai satellites detects 300 floating objects in the area in the southern Indian Ocean where the Malaysian plane is feared to have crashed.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/27/14 at 4:31 am

Titanic film made in 1913/1914 would've looked cheap, with no sound.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/27/14 at 7:21 am

BREAKING NEWS:

Thai satellites detects 300 floating objects in the area in the southern Indian Ocean where the Malaysian plane is feared to have crashed.

I hope they find it before it gets too far and they can't find the rest of the plane.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/14 at 10:45 am

I hope they find it before it gets too far and they can't find the rest of the plane.
...and before the battery in the Black Box runs dry.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/27/14 at 5:27 pm

Titanic film made in 1913/1914 would've looked cheap, with no sound.  ::)

This was realeased 29 DAYS after Titanic sank. It stars one of the survivors of the wreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQAJgGR2wA

It does lose something with lack of sound.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/14 at 12:42 pm

Royal Navy submarine HMS Tireless has joined the search for the missing Malaysian Airlines plane in Indian Ocean, MoD sources say

Written By: Dagwood on 04/01/14 at 1:48 pm

Have they found anything connected with the plane?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/14 at 2:00 pm

Nothing as yet, they have found fishermen's nets in the searching area.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/14 at 2:20 pm

An Australian Navy vessel has set out to locate the black box aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. The ship is due to arrive in the new search area on Thursday, with just a few days remaining until the box's signal beacon runs out of battery power.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/14 at 5:34 pm

Nada.  Plus now they are saying that the original report of the crew's last known words "Good night, all right, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite" is not what was said.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/01/14 at 5:40 pm

They're sleeping alright.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/14 at 5:58 pm

They're sleeping alright.  :(

Dormono con il pesce.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/14 at 8:53 pm

Well, they keep finding flotillas of trash in the ocean and thinking it's plane wreckage.  Will it dawn on them that there's trash everywhere in the oceans, even way, WAY out in the middle of nowhere?  I keep remembering the scene in Castaway in which the portapotty door washes up on the island!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/14 at 2:42 am

Malaysia has warned that the reasons for the Malaysia Airlines plane's disappearance may never be known, as Prime Minister Najib Razak heads to Australia for talks on the search.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/14 at 7:43 am

BREAKING NEWS

A patrol ship searching for the missing Malaysian passenger jet has detected a pulse signal in the Indian Ocean, Chinese state media is reporting. Xinhua news agency says the signal discovered by Chinese vessel Haixun 01 has a frequency of 37.5kHz per second - the same as that emitted by black-box devices.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/14 at 5:19 pm

BREAKING NEWS

A patrol ship searching for the missing Malaysian passenger jet has detected a pulse signal in the Indian Ocean, Chinese state media is reporting. Xinhua news agency says the signal discovered by Chinese vessel Haixun 01 has a frequency of 37.5kHz per second - the same as that emitted by black-box devices.

Black boxes do not emit at a frequency of 37.5kHz per second.

They emit at 37.5kHz.

Absolutely every news account of this story I have read talks about "kHz per second"...  a measure which simply does not exist, at least not for the device in question.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/05/14 at 5:38 pm

I just hope no one(including myself)  here on this board goes missing, because you see what kind of bang-up job will be done to find you. (Or your remains.)  >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 04/05/14 at 10:24 pm

Just watched a news story on the Chinese story.  The spokesman said that they should have reported this through the proper channels because if it turns out not to be the plane, it will have a great impact on the credibility of the search...

Really?  What credibility? ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/14 at 1:00 am

They emit at 37.5kHz.

Absolutely every news account of this story I have read talks about "kHz per second"...  a measure which simply does not exist, at least not for the device in question.

Maybe the authorities are feeding that to the news to keep the amateurs on the wrong frequency.  Right, you 'coz there are a whole lotta dorks with frequency transponders snooping around the Indian ocean and, uh, jamming things up.
:-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/14 at 3:23 am

BREAKING NEWS

They emit at 37.5kHz.

I read it as emitting at 37.5kHz at every second.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/14 at 12:23 am

Even if they do find that thing, they're all still dead.  Then they have to fish all the bloated half-eated dead bodies out of the wreckage and then try and piece the plane together like a nightmare jigsaw.  If I was on the search patrol, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure we NEVER found that frikkin' plane!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/14 at 9:40 am

Flight MH370: Scientists say 'pings' were NOT from missing plane and slam search as a 'debacle'

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/23/14 at 11:37 am

It's sad, but I don't there will ever be anything recovered.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/14 at 12:45 pm

Even if they do find that thing, they're all still dead.  Then they have to fish all the bloated half-eated dead bodies out of the wreckage and then try and piece the plane together like a nightmare jigsaw.  If I was on the search patrol, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure we NEVER found that frikkin' plane!

You never know. Maybe there is an air pocket. And those planes do carry a lot of food. So if a couple of survivors found an air pocket near the galley they could still be hanging on. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/14 at 12:47 pm

You never know. Maybe there is an air pocket. And those planes do carry a lot of food. So if a couple of survivors found an air pocket near the galley they could still be hanging on. 
Now is that included in the new film that has be made of MH370, which for me is bad taste and made to soon.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/14 at 1:07 pm

Now is that included in the new film that has be made of MH370, which for me is bad taste and made to soon.

How can they make a movie?  It is not even known if the plane crashed, or was absconded with.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/14 at 1:09 pm

How can they make a movie?  It is not even known if the plane crashed, or was absconded with.
Exactly, unless it features information known or complete fiction?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/14 at 4:14 am

The area where acoustic signals thought linked to the missing Malaysian plane were detected can now be ruled out as the final resting place of flight MH370, Australian officials say.

The Bluefin-21 submersible robot had finished its search of the area and found nothing, they said.

Efforts would now focus on reviewing search data, surveying the sea floor and bringing in specialist equipment.

Flight MH370 went missing on 8 March as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Using satellite data, officials have concluded that the airliner, which had 239 people on board, ended its journey in the Indian Ocean, north-west of the Australian city of Perth.

No trace of the plane has been found and there is no explanation for its disappearance.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/29/14 at 4:12 pm

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but do any of you think the plane was taken somewhere and these poor people are being held hostage in a remote location?  :(
There's uncharted islands and things all over the ocean. They could have landed someplace remote.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/14 at 6:15 pm

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but do any of you think the plane was taken somewhere and these poor people are being held hostage in a remote location?  :(
There's uncharted islands and things all over the ocean. They could have landed someplace remote.

I think that's why the big search, to MAKE SURE it is sunk and not being staged somewhere to be used as a weapon.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/29/14 at 7:32 pm

I have heard that from the beginning.  Although, if they did get taken elsewhere, I have a feeling they are not being held hostage.  They were probably killed.  The only way the type of person would hijack a plane would keep hostages is if they wanted something.  We would have heard something by now.

Written By: gibbo on 05/29/14 at 7:50 pm

Hollywood had never allowed the facts to get in the way of a money making venture before...  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/14 at 6:17 am

Hollywood had never allowed the facts to get in the way of a money making venture before...  ::)
Just heard a new theory, what if the plane never took off in the first place...

Written By: mylilypad on 06/04/14 at 11:25 pm

Just heard a new theory, what if the plane never took off in the first place...

oh wow. where did you hear that theory from?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/14 at 12:23 am

oh wow. where did you hear that theory from?
On the radio.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/14 at 5:24 am

The families of passengers on the missing Malaysian passenger plane have begun to receive initial compensation payments of $50,000 (£30,000). So far six Malaysian families and one Chinese family have received the money, and insurers are assessing the claims of 40 more Chinese families. Relatives of all 239 missing passengers can claim up to $175,000 each. Flight MH370 went missing on 8 March as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. No trace of the plane has been found.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/13/14 at 10:46 am

The families of passengers on the missing Malaysian passenger plane have begun to receive initial compensation payments of $50,000 (£30,000). So far six Malaysian families and one Chinese family have received the money, and insurers are assessing the claims of 40 more Chinese families. Relatives of all 239 missing passengers can claim up to $175,000 each. Flight MH370 went missing on 8 March as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. No trace of the plane has been found.

That's....not alot. Frankly, I'd want more if my relative disappeared and y'all can't tell me what  happened to them, or where thier remains even are?  >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/14 at 7:27 am

That's....not alot. Frankly, I'd want more if my relative disappeared and y'all can't tell me what  happened to them, or where thier remains even are?  >:(

There has been absolutely no proof as to what happened or who was at fault.

These families settled for chump change.  If they instead had waited for the story to develop they could have sued for mega mega bucks.  The money they are taking now most certainly comes with a waiver from filing a subsequent lawsuit.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/14 at 4:20 am

Relatives of those missing on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have marked 100 days since the plane vanished. Chinese families said they would pray for the return of their loved ones, adding that they just wanted to know the truth of how the jet disappeared. The authorities promised to carry on searching for the plane.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02848/POTD_Flight_MH370__2848692b.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/14 at 4:10 am

The captain of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is now the prime suspect in the jet’s disappearance according to Malaysian Police. Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah had cleared his diary of social or work commitments, unlike his crew. Detectives from Malaysia’s special branch found he also plotted a route to a remote south Indian Ocean island using a flight simulator in his home.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/14 at 6:02 am

A bank employee has been arrested by police investigating an “inside job” to drain £20,000 from the accounts of four passengers on missing flight MH370 .

The 33-year-old HSBC employee and her husband were held after a manager noticed suspicious activity at a Kuala Lumpur branch.

Sources say £20,000 held by the Malaysia Airlines passengers was moved into an account with the name Ali Faran on July 14 then withdrawn at a local branch.

The bank carried out an internal inquiry before going to police on August 2.

A source said: “Faran is believed to be a foreigner because a passport was used to open an account.

"More individuals are believed to be involved and we are trying to identify them.”

It is believed the bank worker approved the victim’s ATM card renewal application and gave Mr Faran a new card to make withdrawals.

The source added it was “possible” that other MH370 passengers had been affected.

HSBC is thought to have checked the accounts of all its customers on the flight which vanished on March 8.

City police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Tajuddin Md Isa said both the police and the bank involved were conducting investigations on the matter.

He said: “We have identified the suspects involved and are gathering more evidence before we take further action."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-bank-worker-arrested-4057770#ixzz3Ae7hDSVV

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/14 at 8:09 am

A bank employee has been arrested by police investigating an “inside job” to drain £20,000 from the accounts of four passengers on missing flight MH370 .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-bank-worker-arrested-4057770#ixzz3Ae7hDSVV

Man, that's cold.  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/15 at 9:39 am

Malaysia Airlines is "technically bankrupt", its chief executive has said, as he announced a restructuring programme and plans to cut about 6,000 jobs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/15 at 10:56 am

Airplane wreckage found off the coast of Africa could belong to missing Flight MH370, it has emerged.

Debris discovered on the coast of the island of Reunion could be that from the airframe of a Boeing 777, like the Malaysia Airlines jetliner which disappeared without trace last year.

The plane was flying from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to Beijing, China, when it is thought to have come down in the Indian Ocean in March last year.

There were 239 passengers and crew - most of whom were from China - on board when it disappeared.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mh370-wreckage-discovered-coast-africa-6160148?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/15 at 12:30 pm

Flight MH370: 19 conspiracy theories about missing Malaysia Airlines plane after possible wreckage found

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-19-conspiracy-theories-6160257?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/15 at 3:30 am

A second piece of suspected plane debris has washed ashore on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion, after a wing part suspected to come from the missing flight MH370 was found on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33750811

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/15 at 12:06 pm

A second piece of suspected plane debris has washed ashore on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion, after a wing part suspected to come from the missing flight MH370 was found on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33750811
New debris on Reunion island is NOT from missing flight MH370

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/new-debris-on-reunion-island-is-not-from-missing-flight-mh370-5323646/#ixzz3hg786xtW

Written By: nally on 08/02/15 at 1:15 pm

New debris on Reunion island is NOT from missing flight MH370

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/new-debris-on-reunion-island-is-not-from-missing-flight-mh370-5323646/#ixzz3hg786xtW

Darn, I thought it would be... after hearing news reports that it was a high possibility.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/15 at 3:20 pm

Darn, I thought it would be... after hearing news reports that it was a high possibility.
We are now back to square one?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/15 at 3:22 pm

Malaysia is asking other Indian Ocean islands near French-owned Reunion to be on the lookout for more possible debris after a wing part suspected of being from missing flight MH370 came ashore.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/15 at 3:39 pm

That is the new debris found...

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/15 at 3:40 pm

Part of the aircraft wing found on Reunion Island is from the missing MH370 plane, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has confirmed. Mr Najib said international experts examining the debris in France had "conclusively confirmed" it was from the aircraft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33794012

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/15 at 10:54 am

French prosecutors have said they believe "with certainty" that a wing part found on Reunion Island in July came from missing flight MH370.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34145127

Written By: karen on 09/03/15 at 11:19 am

After the wing part was found people started searching the shoreline and some of the new debris found was rubbish that had been dumped on the beach or had come from other sources such as ships dumping stuff overboard

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/16 at 4:40 am

Malaysia's transport minister has said there is a "high possibility" that debris found in Mozambique came from a Boeing 777, the same model as missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. Australia said the location was consistent with models of where ocean drifts could carry debris. The 1m-long (3.3ft) piece of metal was found on a sandbank at the weekend.

Full report with pictures:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35709867

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/16 at 3:02 am

Malaysia and Australia say they remain "hopeful" that flight MH370 will eventually be found, two years on from its disappearance. The aircraft disappeared between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing on 8 March 2014 with 239 people on board.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/16 at 1:43 am

Two pieces of debris found in Mozambique which may have come from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 have arrived in Australia for analysis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35859833

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/16 at 2:29 am

The transport ministers of Australia and Malaysia say two plane parts found in Mozambique almost certainly came from missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35888405

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/16 at 5:03 am

Hopefully this will give them some clues that will lead them to find survivors.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/16 at 5:12 am

Hopefully this will give them some clues that will lead them to find survivors.
...or clues that will lead closure for the bereaved families.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/16 at 3:02 am

MH370: Mauritius and South Africa debris 'almost certainly' from missing plane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36273194

Two pieces of aircraft debris found on beaches in Mauritius and South Africa almost certainly came from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, say Malaysian and Australian officials.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/12/16 at 3:43 am

MH370: Mauritius and South Africa debris 'almost certainly' from missing plane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36273194

Two pieces of aircraft debris found on beaches in Mauritius and South Africa almost certainly came from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, say Malaysian and Australian officials.

The article says that it is likely that the search and rescue operation will end at mid-year.  :-\\.  That's not very far away.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/16 at 3:50 am

New pieces of debris have been found in Madagascar by a man searching for parts of missing flight MH370.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36495617

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/16 at 2:50 am

Relatives of passengers from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are in Australia to put pressure on the government as the end of the search approaches.  The Boeing 777 disappeared while flying to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board in March 2014.Theaysia, China and Australia are searching a large area of the Southern Ocean, where the plane is believed to have gone down. But without new evidence the search will be suspended later this year.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37275074

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/16 at 3:34 pm

A large item of debris found off the coast of Tanzania belongs to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, Australian investigators say. The fragment, said to be the inboard section of the right, outboard flap of the plane, was recovered in June.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37377514

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/17 at 2:36 am

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-knowns-unknowns/

A commercial jet airliner has been missing for over 72 hours.  I'm perplexed.  None of the theories of why make much sense.

It's a Boeing 777 that departed from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on Saturday, March 8th just after noon local time.  It was destined for Beijing.  No sign of it since.

If it crashed, it would have sent out distress reports.  If it was hijacked, the hijackers would have made demands right away.  Maybe hijackers overpowered the crew and crashed it into the ocean.  They're searching an area bigger than the size of Pennsylvania and haven't found any debris or oil on the water that would indicate a crash.  Maybe extraterrestrials abducted it.  Who knows?  I hope the figure it out in the next day or two.  Scant hope for survivors, though.

???
It has now been three years since the Malaysian flight 370 disappeared of the radar, and still nothing is known on what happened and the whereabouts of the plane.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/17 at 2:45 am

Fresh evidence suggests that Malaysia Airlines flight 370 is most likely located to the north of a main search zone, Australian scientists say.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39663395

Written By: Encoder319 on 04/21/17 at 3:16 am

It's all about closure at this point because all the circumstantial evidence points to a rogue pilot, as far as I'm concerned. I do believe that the wreckage will eventually be found and the black box recovered, although there's no guarantee that it won't be too damaged at that point.

Subject: Re: MH370: Private company signs deal to resume missing plane search

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/18 at 3:04 am

MH370: Private company signs deal to resume missing plane search

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42632650

The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 will be resumed after the Malaysian government struck a deal with an underwater survey company. US firm Ocean Infinity will only be paid if it finds the aircraft. Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the country has an "unwavering commitment to solving the mystery of MH370". The plane disappeared on 8 March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board. Its fate remains shrouded in mystery and the search operation was suspended in January last year. This led to protests from the relatives of those who were on board.

Subject: Re: MH370: Private company signs deal to resume missing plane search

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/18 at 4:44 am

MH370: Private company signs deal to resume missing plane search

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42632650

The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 will be resumed after the Malaysian government struck a deal with an underwater survey company. US firm Ocean Infinity will only be paid if it finds the aircraft. Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the country has an "unwavering commitment to solving the mystery of MH370". The plane disappeared on 8 March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board. Its fate remains shrouded in mystery and the search operation was suspended in January last year. This led to protests from the relatives of those who were on board.

Will there be an added reward if survivors are found? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/18 at 4:53 am

Will there be an added reward if survivors are found? ???
I would like it for plane to be found which will be closure, if the plane had landed on an island, there is a chance of survivors, but it is the length of time since the disappearance, the chances of survivors will be zero.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/18 at 5:26 am

I would like it for plane to be found which will be closure, if the plane had landed on an island, there is a chance of survivors, but it is the length of time since the disappearance, the chances of survivors will be zero.

Well even if there were a water landing near an island, some survivors could have made it to land. So if the search crew comes upon some small, possibly uncharted, islands it would be worth a shot to check them out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/19 at 3:33 am

It has been five years since the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, carrying a total of 239 people, disappears en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. A sad loss, and nothing is still known of what happened to the airplane that fateful day. :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 6:28 am

It has been five years since the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, carrying a total of 239 people, disappears en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. A sad loss, and nothing is still known of what happened to the airplane that fateful day. :\'(
It has been nine years since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared and still nothing is known what happened to the plane.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/08/23 at 2:25 pm

It has been nine years since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared and still nothing is known what happened to the plane.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Maybe it crashed somewhere?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 2:34 pm

Maybe it crashed somewhere?
But the mystery is where?

Written By: Howard on 03/09/23 at 2:50 am

But the mystery is where?

Hopefully they can find the plane.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/23 at 5:06 am

Hopefully they can find the plane.

And maybe some survivors on a deserted island?

Check for new replies or respond here...