inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kate Bush to play 15 London dates

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/14 at 9:13 am

Kate Bush has announced she is to play a series of concert dates in the UK later this year.

An announcement on her official website said she will play 15 shows at London's Hammersmith Apollo in August and September.

The title for the show is Before the Dawn and the first date will be 26 August.

The singer, whose hits include Wuthering Heights and Hounds of Love, last toured in 1979.

Tickets go on sale 09:30 GMT Friday, 28 March.

Bush's first ever tour in 1979 featured mime, magic and poetry alongside her music, but it reportedly took its toll on the singer, then just 20.

"By the end," she subsequently recalled, "I felt a terrific need to retreat as a person because I felt that my sexuality, which in a way I hadn't really had a chance to explore myself, was being given to the world in a way which I found impersonal."

The six-week tour, which travelled around Britain and mainland Europe, ended at the Hammersmith Odeon - now the Hammersmith Apollo - the venue she has chosen to return to for the new shows.

Speaking to the BBC three years ago, Bush refused to rule out touring again, but said: "I do have the odd dream where I'm on stage and I've completely forgotten what I'm meant to be performing - so they are more nightmares than dreams."

" didn't stop me," she told Radio 4's Front Row, "but I do think if I were to do any live work, I'd be completely petrified to start with."

Bush last released an album in 2011, the Brit-nominated 50 Words For Snow.

It was only her third album of new material in 18 years - and the singer admitted that her slow work rate was "extremely stressful".

"It's very frustrating the albums take as long as they do," she said. "I wish there weren't such big gaps between them."

Bush, whose other hits include Running Up That Hill and Babooshka, has won both Brit and Ivor Novello awards.

In 2013, the Queen honoured her with a CBE for services to music.

Subject: Re: Kate Bush to play 15 London dates

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/14 at 7:25 am

Tickets for Kate Bush's live comeback sell out in less than 15 minutes.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/14 at 3:28 pm

Didn't she sing with Peter Gabriel on one of his albums?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/14 at 3:30 pm

Didn't she sing with Peter Gabriel on one of his albums?  ???
Yes, "Don't Give Up".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/29/14 at 10:42 am

Kate Bush would do well on a U.S. tour.  I know people who would pay big bucks to see her.
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...