inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hugh Jackman has second cancerous growth removed

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/14 at 1:53 am

ustralian actor Hugh Jackman has had a second cancerous skin growth removed from his nose.

The 45-year-old attended the premiere of his latest film, X-Men: Days of Future Past, sporting a bandage on his face in New York on Saturday.

The star told reporters he learned the results of a biopsy diagnosing the basal cell carcinoma (BCC) on Thursday, and had it removed immediately.

Jackman urged others to "get check-ups and wear sunscreen".

BCC is a slow-growing form of skin cancer and usually develops on skin exposed to the sun, accounting for about 75% of skin cancers.

The Oscar-nominated star revealed he was first diagnosed with a BCC in November, when he posted a picture of himself online after a similar procedure.

Jackman said his prognosis was good, saying: "It's all out now".

He reiterated his plea for fans to stay protected when out in the sun.

He said he hoped fans would listen to his X-Men character Wolverine - or at least the man who plays him - and be smart about their health.

Subject: Re: Hugh Jackman has second cancerous growth removed

Written By: gibbo on 05/12/14 at 8:01 pm

BCC's are really common in Australia. I had one cut off my back last year. I also has a SCC (Squamous Cell Carcinoma) cut off the top of my head (right in my bald spot).  SCC's are more dangerous ... but bot as bad as Melanoma's.

The Aussie sun can be harsh...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/14 at 6:38 am

BCC's are really common in Australia. I had one cut off my back last year. I also has a SCC (Squamous Cell Carcinoma) cut off the top of my head (right in my bald spot).  SCC's are more dangerous ... but bot as bad as Melanoma's.

The Aussie sun can be harsh...
So plenty of sunblock when on holiday there?

Written By: gibbo on 05/13/14 at 5:03 pm

So plenty of sunblock when on holiday there?

Yes, certainly these days. However, apparently the damage was done 30-40 years ago!  .... when I much dumber than now (yes... that's possible).

Written By: danootaandme on 05/14/14 at 2:42 am

Sig has had a few of those removed, and I had a mole on my back removed.

Check for new replies or respond here...