inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Staff who leaked Jay Z and Solange security footage fired

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 9:14 am

The hotel employee who leaked footage of Jay Z being attacked by his sister-in-law Solange Knowles has been fired.

The video, which was first published by US celebrity website TMZ, showed Beyonce's sister lashing out in a lift after the Met Gala on 5 May.

A security guard intervened in the apparent altercation. There is no audio on the recording.

The Standard Hotel said it was "shocked and disappointed" by the leak and had identified the person responsible.

The employee was fired for "breaching the security polices of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video".

The hotel added it would turn over "all available information to criminal authorities".

Representatives for Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange have made no comment on the video.

Subject: Re: Staff who leaked Jay Z and Solange security footage fired

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/14 at 8:12 pm

Good.  Maybe it will make others think before they do something like this.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/15/14 at 8:49 pm

TMZ paid that dude $250K for the tape.  I'd say he made a pretty good decision.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/14 at 8:58 pm

I think it is sleazy.  I don't care how much TMZ paid him.

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/14 at 3:42 am

This.  I was more mad that the footage was leaked rather than the fact the incident happened.

As big a celebrity whore as I am I still believe there's a right to privacy and boundaries should not be crossed.

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/14 at 3:43 am

I think it is sleazy.  I don't care how much TMZ paid him.

Ditto.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/16/14 at 6:55 am

I'm so morbidly curious as to why Solange did what she did that day!  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/16/14 at 6:00 pm

If the tape showed Jay-Z giving Lozenge a beatdown, people would be saying how great it was to be on tape so he could be charged with assault.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/14 at 6:59 pm

If the tape showed Jay-Z giving Lozenge a beatdown, people would be saying how great it was to be on tape so he could be charged with assault.

No I wouldn't.  The tape shouldn't have been released, it was sleazy to do so and I am glad the dude was fired.  He may even be sued and lose the precious $250,000.

If Jayz did beat her, there would be ways to charge him without turning the tape over to TMZ.  It is called pressing charges and subpoenas, not take it public. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/16/14 at 7:23 pm

No I wouldn't.  The tape shouldn't have been released, it was sleazy to do so and I am glad the dude was fired.  He may even be sued and lose the precious $250,000.

If Jayz did beat her, there would be ways to charge him without turning the tape over to TMZ.  It is called pressing charges and subpoenas, not take it public.

Pressing charges would make it public.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/14 at 8:25 pm

Not always.  Things like that are kept private sometimes.  Not everything that goes to court is released to the public.  And, face it, just because they are famous doesn't mean the public has the right to know everything in their lives and I am sick and tired of people thinking they do.

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/14 at 11:13 pm

Even if it did make it public it would come out because someone pressed charges.

Hell Jay Z could press charges against Solange if he wanted. But the point is the parties involved would make the decision to press charges....ie making this incident a matter of public record. They had no say in the video being sold to tmz.  That's not right. 

Written By: Visor765 on 05/21/14 at 12:34 am

Not always.  Things like that are kept private sometimes.  Not everything that goes to court is released to the public.  And, face it, just because they are famous doesn't mean the public has the right to know everything in their lives and I am sick and tired of people thinking they do.

Well, that's the price of fame. No privacy. They can't get absolutely everything they want. Fame, fortune, riches, AND privacy!? Imagine how spoiled they would be! We would get the most irrational people on the planet if that happened, so I actually don't care that this tape was leaked, and I'm glad that I saw the video! Jay Z probably did something to piss Solange off or maybe she was sticking up for Beyonce, because she didn't do anything to stop it, so something is obviously going on behind the scenes. I can tell that they are desperately trying to make up for it. Making it seem like there is nothing wrong at all. Trying to convince us that everything is peachy. As much as I love Beyonce and Jay Z's music, sorry guys, but you can't fool me! So much fakeness.

Written By: snozberries on 05/21/14 at 12:38 am

Well, that's the price of fame. No privacy. They can't get absolutely everything they want. Fame, fortune, riches, AND privacy!? Imagine how spoiled they would be! We would get the most irrational people on the planet if that happened, so I actually don't care that this tape was leaked, and I'm glad that I saw the video! Jay Z probably did something to piss Solange off or maybe she was sticking up for Beyonce, because she didn't do anything to stop it, so something is obviously going on behind the scenes. I can tell that they are desperately trying to make up for it. Making it seem like there is nothing wrong at all. Trying to convince us that everything is peachy. As much as I love Beyonce and Jay Z's music, sorry guys, but you can't fool me! So much fakeness.

This stupid video got more news recognition than the missing girls in Africa. That's effed up

Written By: Visor765 on 05/21/14 at 12:55 am

This stupid video got more news recognition than the missing girls in Africa. That's effed up

But I'm sure people have already heard that on the news.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/21/14 at 8:05 am

EVERYBODY has the right to privacy, I don't care what they do for a living.  Why do you think that just because they are entertainers we deserve to know everything that goes on every waking minute of their lives?  Giving them their privacy doesn't make them spoiled anymore than you are spoiled having your own privacy.  It just shows that people realize they are human as well. 

Written By: Dagwood on 05/21/14 at 8:06 am

And they are still talking about the damn video, but I haven't heard anything about the girls in a while.  I agree, effed up.

Written By: snozberries on 05/21/14 at 9:06 am

But I'm sure people have already heard that on the news.

I know people who hadn't. And that is actual news. Only news to come out of that elevator incident is the fact that the public was reminded BeyoncĂ© has a sister named Solange.  Maybe the whole thing was staged to reignite her "career".

I can see it now....a new single next, produced by J & B, next month... A reality series on bravo. Oh joy.
She may be the most famous R&B sibling since Brandt's bro (Ray J) made that sex tape w KimK.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/21/14 at 9:08 am

EVERYBODY has the right to privacy, I don't care what they do for a living.  Why do you think that just because they are entertainers we deserve to know everything that goes on every waking minute of their lives?  Giving them their privacy doesn't make them spoiled anymore than you are spoiled having your own privacy.  It just shows that people realize they are human as well.

This!

And this!
And they are still talking about the damn video, but I haven't heard anything about the girls in a while.  I agree, effed up.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 9:57 am

I'm so morbidly curious as to why Solange did what she did that day!  ???

jealousy?

Check for new replies or respond here...