inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is fashion becoming more feminized?

Written By: Mat1991 on 06/07/14 at 3:20 am

My observation is that men and women alike are increasingly dressing in very feminized clothing. I'm noticing a lot more young women wearing dresses and skirts, and a lot of guys are taking prissy approaches to their outer appearance, like having frou-frou hairstyles and wearing traditionally feminine prints like florals and birds.

Has anybody observed the same things? Or am I hallucinating?  ::)

Subject: Re: Is fashion becoming more feminized?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/14 at 3:53 am

My observation is that men and women alike are increasingly dressing in very feminized clothing. I'm noticing a lot more young women wearing dresses and skirts, and a lot of guys are taking prissy approaches to their outer appearance, like having frou-frou hairstyles and wearing traditionally feminine prints like florals and birds.

Has anybody observed the same things? Or am I hallucinating?  ::)

Yep, dressing gay is the latest fad for men.

Written By: gibbo on 06/07/14 at 4:28 am

Absolutely!!  Not just clothing ... manbags, moisturisers, hair products etc.  I always thought not being tied to all of these things was one of the best things about being male.  I doubt young men can get ready to go out in 15 minutes any more... :-\\

If they are doing this to be more attractive to women ... then, I feel it will ultimately backfire. Weird thing is, many of these guys then have to also have great physiques ... probably to make them feel manly again.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/07/14 at 5:46 am

For men, I don't know. For women, I think they're dressing nicer and accessorizing more. I remember when juniors clothing consisted of mostly casual attire. T-shirts, fitted or not, athletic pants, and jeans. Now there are cuter things to pick from in that department. The women's departments I don't think changed a great deal.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/14 at 6:52 am

Absolutely!!  Not just clothing ... man bags, moisturizers, hair products etc.  I always thought not being tied to all of these things was one of the best things about being male.  I doubt young men can get ready to go out in 15 minutes any more... :-\\

If they are doing this to be more attractive to women ... then, I feel it will ultimately backfire. Weird thing is, many of these guys then have to also have great physiques ... probably to make them feel manly again.

Us guys take more than 15 minutes to get ready, we need to primp ourselves just to get ready to go out somewhere.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/07/14 at 7:47 am

Us guys take more than 15 minutes to get ready, we need to primp ourselves just to get ready to go out somewhere.

Well what do you do?

Written By: Howard on 06/07/14 at 7:49 am

Well what do you do?

blow dry my hair, hairspray, little gel,brush and comb it, spray on some cologne, brush teeth and mouthwash.

Written By: Visor765 on 06/07/14 at 3:01 pm

Men's fashion has always been kinda feminized really. The style just changes. I think women's designs on the clothes are becoming more masculine simultaneously, but that's just me. And by the way, what's wrong with moisturizers? Do you know how much a dry face freaking hurts!? I can't enjoy myself if my body is dry, itchy, cracking, and peeling. Pair that with hot or cold weather and it feels awful! So yeah, I actually feel grateful for that. Man-bags, not so much, that's mostly just hipsters with their messenger bags. Leave those for school not the mall, the scarves too!

Written By: Howard on 06/07/14 at 5:49 pm

And by the way, what's wrong with moisturizers? Do you know how much a dry face freaking hurts!?

I use face moisturizer every day to cleanse my face.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/10/14 at 5:19 am

blow dry my hair, hairspray, little gel,brush and comb it, spray on some cologne, brush teeth and mouthwash.

If I go out I have to condition mine, dry it, straighten it, then add smoothing serum. Of course that's after showering and brushing my teeth. I usually wear perfume too. My favorite is Burberry.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 5:41 pm

If I go out I have to condition mine, dry it, straighten it, then add smoothing serum. Of course that's after showering and brushing my teeth. I usually wear perfume too. My favorite is Burberry.

I love those strong colognes like Aramis, Lagerfeld and Giorgio.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/11/14 at 5:54 pm

I love those strong colognes like Aramis, Lagerfeld and Giorgio.

I like Burberry, Juicy Couture, Rihanna. I smelled Aqua Di Goia when I picked up one of those little papers with the scent that advertise for it. I want some, but I'd have to set money aside for that as it's costly.  :( I also like some clothing store perfumes, Aeropostale has a nice scent in a round, purple bottle I don't know the name of now. Victoria's Secret has good hand creams, but their sprays are Eu De Toilette, a watered down scent that doesn't last so long.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 6:58 pm

I like Burberry, Juicy Couture, Rihanna. I smelled Aqua Di Goia when I picked up one of those little papers with the scent that advertise for it. I want some, but I'd have to set money aside for that as it's costly.  :( I also like some clothing store perfumes, Aeropostale has a nice scent in a round, purple bottle I don't know the name of now. Victoria's Secret has good hand creams, but their sprays are Eu De Toilette, a watered down scent that doesn't last so long.

Katana, sometimes those strong perfumes can be overpowering.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/11/14 at 7:03 pm

Katana, sometimes those strong perfumes can be overpowering.

It depends how much you use. The clothing store ones usually fade fast and aren't overdone. The rest just once is enough where you want it.

Check for new replies or respond here...