inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spice Girl Mel B is confirmed as fourth X Factor judge

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/14 at 5:38 am

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/625/media/images/75443000/jpg/_75443399_81da883a-35b2-488b-b1c6-97e51da7ef75.jpg

Mel B has been named as the fourth X Factor judge in the 11th series of the ITV talent show.

The former Spice Girl said she was "so excited" to be coming back and is reported to have signed a deal worth £1 million.

The 39-year-old appeared as a guest judge on the show in 2012.

"I've always thought honesty is the best policy when being a judge and that's what I'm going to bring more of this year," she said.

"Whether it's spotting an incredible singer, giving someone a reality check or debating with Simon over who's got it wrong.

"Now I can't wait to get started and find some amazing talent."

Simon Cowell said he was "thrilled" by the appointment.

He said: "I thought she was fantastic as a guest judge a couple of years ago.

"She is feisty, opinionated and, I believe, will be a great mentor."

Mel B has also been on both the American and Australian versions of the programme.

As part of the Spice Girls, Mel B had nine number one singles and 80 million record sales worldwide.

Full report http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27790360

Subject: Re: Spice Girl Mel B is confirmed as fourth X Factor judge

Written By: whistledog on 06/11/14 at 8:20 am

Mel B and Cheryl Cole?  YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tulisa should come back to UK X Factor.  We don't get the UK version over here, but I enjoy watching clips on YouTube

Check for new replies or respond here...