inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Poll: People really hate the music kids are listening to these days

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/25/14 at 8:28 pm

If you asked a thousand people how they feel about music these days, guess how many people hate it? Answer: A lot of them.

Even though we’re only about three years into the 2010s, 42 percent of Americans surveyed think it’s already the worst decade for music since the Woodstock era. Ouch! According to a “60 Minutes”/Vanity Fair poll conducted on behalf of CBS News — which asked 1,017 adults ages 18 and older around the country for their thoughts — people are already tired of the age of Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, etc.

“The ’70s had classic rock and disco, the ’80s had pop and new wave, the ’90s had hip hop, alternative rock and grunge but starting around the turn of the century, Americans seem to feel music has hit a rough patch,” the poll noted.

Is anyone surprised? Everyone always thinks the music back in the day was better, right? Not so fast: “Many people are predisposed to feel nostalgia for the music and songs of their youth,” the survey acknowledged. “But by a wide margin, even today’s younger set feels that this decade’s music is the worst.”

Uh-oh: If younger people don’t even like current music the kids are listening to these days, what chance do we have? The other decades all  have similar percentage of haters: 15 percent think the 2000s were the worst, followed by 13 percent for the ’90s, 14 percent for the ’80s and 12 percent for the ’70s.

Among other findings in the poll: If forced to take their daughter to one of those “modern day” concerts, 39 percent of people asked would choose a Taylor Swift show over Katy Perry (26 percent); One Direction (11 percent); Miley (5 percent) or the Biebs (3 percent).

And as for where listeners even hear music these days, 49 percent of Americans polled say they listen to the radio the most. About 17 percent choose streaming options (Spotify, Pandora, the dying Last.fm),which is the favored method among people ages 18 to 34.

Also, 26 percent of people think guitar is the sexiest instrument; sorry, fans of the woodwind family, flutes only clocked in at 5 percent sexy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/04/08/poll-people-really-hate-the-music-kids-are-listening-to-these-days

Subject: Re: Poll: People really hate the music kids are listening to these days

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/26/14 at 5:07 am

Wow, if even kids don't like the music made for them, that says something! I don't blame them. Today it's like less talent is required to be a popular entertainer. The pop and hip hop I miss is from last decade and the late 90's. I grew up then, so it's what I was most familiar with, but if you compare that with what you hear now, it was better. Every decade had it's cheesy songs, but for some artists they don't know any other way. To discover anything new I go on YouTube. I did have an account with LastFM, but never made a habit of going there, and I don't want to pay for internet radio.

Subject: Re: Poll: People really hate the music kids are listening to these days

Written By: Howard on 06/26/14 at 7:19 am

Wow, if even kids don't like the music made for them, that says something! I don't blame them. Today it's like less talent is required to be a popular entertainer. The pop and hip hop I miss is from last decade and the late 90's. I grew up then, so it's what I was most familiar with, but if you compare that with what you hear now, it was better. Every decade had it's cheesy songs, but for some artists they don't know any other way. To discover anything new I go on YouTube. I did have an account with LastFM, but never made a habit of going there, and I don't want to pay for internet radio.

Back then during the 80's, people had soul, they had REAL instruments and they sang from the hearts. You don't see many singers and artists have that passion these days.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 06/26/14 at 7:48 am

I still think 2004-2007 was the worst time for mainstream music. Post-millennium and pre-Katy Perry/EDM era.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/26/14 at 8:08 am

Back then during the 80's, people had soul, they had REAL instruments and they sang from the hearts. You don't see many singers and artists have that passion these days.

Exactly.  :)

Written By: Mat1991 on 06/26/14 at 9:50 am

Okay, now I'm confused.

I thought the noughties were considered the worst decade for music, and that this decade's music (so far) has made an improvement.  :P

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/26/14 at 11:05 am

Okay, now I'm confused.

I thought the noughties were considered the worst decade for music, and that this decade's music (so far) has made an improvement.  :P

Not if you were listening to the alternative charts in the noughties  ;)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/26/14 at 12:00 pm

Okay, now I'm confused.

the 00s can't be the worst for music if it has some classics and the 2010s music has made improvements especially how some of the artists have their own sound and are staying out of the mainstream.

Written By: Howard on 06/26/14 at 1:31 pm

Exactly.  :)

even my friend said that today's music is just crap, pure noise. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/14 at 1:50 pm

even my friend said that today's music is just crap, pure noise. :P
...except Adele

Written By: Arrowstone on 06/26/14 at 3:20 pm

Plenty of good stuff; alas, it's all underground. People are lazy. They'll just take what they see.
I want to see either people playing their own instruments, performing their song, or people
performing what others wrote in a good way.

I miss the '00s, where there were more guitars. It's just lost it's edge now. It's plastic.

Written By: karen on 06/26/14 at 3:48 pm

If you asked a thousand people how they feel about music these days, guess how many people hate it? Answer: A lot of them.

Even though we’re only about three years into the 2010s, 42 percent of Americans surveyed think it’s already the worst decade for music since the Woodstock era. Ouch! According to a “60 Minutes”/Vanity Fair poll conducted on behalf of CBS News — which asked 1,017 adults ages 18 and older around the country for their thoughts — people are already tired of the age of Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, etc.

So a greater percentage think it's not the worst decade for music.

Plus asking 1,017 people is a really small sample size in a country the size of the US

Written By: Arrowstone on 06/26/14 at 4:03 pm

Though I should not complain, since I did buy some new cds this year  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/14 at 4:11 pm

Enya's 2000 album A Day Without Rain sold 15 million copies, and became the top selling new age album of the 2000s in the US, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Her record sales stand at more than 75 million worldwide, including over 26.5 million in album sales in the US, making her one of the world's best-selling artists of all time. Her work has earned her four Grammy Awards and an Academy Award nomination. She is doing very well, so who is listening to her?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/26/14 at 4:13 pm

I can't listen to today's music.  I listen to music that has a lot of swagger and is fun to listen to.  Music these days is kind of boring and not really that much "fun" to listen to.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/26/14 at 6:23 pm

Plenty of good stuff; alas, it's all underground. People are lazy. They'll just take what they see.
I want to see either people playing their own instruments, performing their song, or people

I miss the '00s, where there were more guitars. It's just lost it's edge now. It's plastic.

That's what half the people at my school did, take what they heard like it was the best music ever made. They didn't check out anything different.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/26/14 at 11:59 pm

People tell me to search but ironically this is what I used to tell people. I've been searching and discovering music since the 00s but got tired of looking as things got even further out of reach.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/27/14 at 2:10 pm

I haven't been listning to a lot of new music as of late, but there's no way that even this decade's music can be worse than some of the dreck that the mainstream produced during the 70's. I know that might be a controversial thing to say these days, now that the 70's have reached classic status, but the image that we seem to have now of the whole decade being defined by Led Zeppelin and The Sex Pistols is nothing more than revisionist history. Case in point, take a look at this:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/25/worst.songs/index.html

That's a CNN "worst song of all time" poll from back in 2006 that has four songs from the 70's in the top five, including two songs from 1974 alone ("Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks and "(You're) Having My Baby" by Paul Anka). This, of course, isn't to say that the music of Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber doesn't suck. I only say this to point out that, as a decade fades further and further into the past, we seem to forget the bad, and remember only the good.

Funnily enough, this same thing is now happening with the 90's as it reaches the twenty year mark. In retrospectives, the talk is always about Nirvana and Soundgarden, but, strangely, this "gem" of a song never seems to come up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk

Written By: Howard on 06/27/14 at 3:42 pm

...except Adele

My Father used to listen to Adele.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/14 at 3:43 pm

music now has lost it's edge.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/14 at 3:44 pm

I can't listen to today's music.  I listen to music that has a lot of swagger and is fun to listen to.  Music these days is kind of boring and not really that much "fun" to listen to.

that's why I prefer listening to 80's internet radio.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/14 at 3:46 pm

that's why I prefer listening to 80's internet radio.
It is 50s to 80s for me, along with classical music which I find relaxing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/14 at 3:48 pm

I still like to hear her, she is refreshing to listen to.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/14 at 4:28 pm

It is 50s to 80s for me, along with classical music which I find relaxing.

same here, I come home and listen to what I want.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/27/14 at 7:29 pm

The only song I know by her is Rumor Has It.

Written By: Jquar on 06/27/14 at 7:59 pm

I do believe that since the early 2000s, top 40 has devolved into being crappier than it was at any point from 1955 to 1999.

It's just much rarer nowadays to find an appealing or mature song/band cross over into the top 40 realm. Look at the top 40 right now and it's largely either highly manufactured dance-pop fluff or generic country. Contrary to what some people say, decent stuff does still get popular (for example "Latch" by Disclosure is at #12 right now) but it's just much less common than it used to be.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/27/14 at 8:22 pm

I do believe that since the early 2000s, top 40 has devolved into being crappier than it was at any point from 1955 to 1999.

It's just much rarer nowadays to find an appealing or mature song/band cross over into the top 40 realm. Look at the top 40 right now and it's largely either highly manufactured dance-pop fluff or generic country. Contrary to what some people say, decent stuff does still get popular (for example "Latch" by Disclosure is at #12 right now) but it's just much less common than it used to be.

And it's not just top 40 but other stations. I remember when I could escape the worst of top 40 by going to another radio station that played better current music. I don't even have this now.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/14 at 7:08 am

The only song I know by her is Rumor Has It.

I like that song.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/14 at 7:09 am

Look at the top 40 right now and it's largely either highly manufactured dance-pop fluff or generic country.

Kids these days listen to this stuff.

Subject: People really hate the music kids are listening to these days

Written By: Dude111 on 11/26/17 at 3:43 pm

Yup...All thats left is re-programmed robots who can only do what they programmed them to do. MAKE CRAP AND THINK ITS GOOD......

To me the world died in the 80s........ By 2000 there wasnt much GOOD left..

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/26/17 at 4:12 pm

Yeah mainstream music now is worse than 90s,80s70s,and even 00s mainstream music at least those deacdes had variety in the mainstream and everything wasn't so repetitive.I hope things don't get worse in the 2020s.

Written By: ofkx on 11/26/17 at 4:24 pm

Can someone tell me what exactly is so terrible about 2010s music? I get that some of the songs can get a bit repetitive but other than that it sounds fine.

I honestly despise the whole "omg 10s is the worst decade ever" mentality some people have. They usually have literally 0 reasons for why it's so bad.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/26/17 at 5:10 pm

Can someone tell me what exactly is so terrible about 2010s music? I get that some of the songs can get a bit repetitive but other than that it sounds fine.

I honestly despise the whole "omg 10s is the worst decade ever" mentality some people have. They usually have literally 0 reasons for why it's so bad.
1.repetitive
2.trap rap(worse rap ever)
3.bland edm music
4.hipster culture is annoying
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
9.people are very dumbed down they like anything now
10.everyone wants too look and dress the same now.
11.no Mariah Carey type Rand b singers
12.wwe sucks
13.most things are too plastic sounding in music
14.people say times have changed but just cause that's the case doesn't mean stop being creative.
15.no contemporary R and b
16.2010s don't sound cool :P
17.lame tv shows except walking dead and
Ricky and Morty.
18.people support bad as good now
19.people hating Trump for no reason
20.everthings too high priced.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture
25.too many super heroe movies
26. We're the Scarface,matrix,dazed and confused,Friday,kumar, type movies.
Need I say more I'll save my time.

Pt.2

29.anyone can rap or sing now
30.kids will brag about apps and face book instead of toys,outside like I did as a kid
31.the 2010s refuse to change it's stays the same culture forever feeling
32.technology is the only real excitement now.
34.people don't like real hip hop anymore.
35 if the 2010s we're good I would make a list
36.people hide behind social media now more than ever.
37.smartphone over addiction
38.america loosing it's atmosphere it once had before 9/11 and even 2008
39.videogames are too plan and simple now
40.no tgif on ABC
41.as a society no one cares that much about improving stuff
42.people don't like opinions anymore or at least take offense more now
43.big bang theory sucks
44.modern family sucks it's not even that modern and married with children is way better
44.orville is not that bad I must say  :D
45.were are your 70s show,married with children,war at home ymtupe edgy sitcoms
45.no classic horror movies in this decade
46.everthing is remade now
46.music doesn't talk about current events anymore.
48.movie tickets are high priced like for bad movies
49.planet of the apes only good sci-fi movie of entire decade.
50.peoples love for drugs
51. I get the 90s,80s,and 09s weren't perfect no decade is but at least those decades didn't suffer from half the stuff I just listed and technology didn't make most other things bland

PS:no complain here just facts to why the 2010s aren't as good to what people say they are.kingofthetemple attitude baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: ofkx on 11/26/17 at 5:24 pm

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
14.people say times have changed but just cause that's the case doesn't mean stop being creative.
17.lame tv shows except walking dead and Ricky and Morty.

It seems that our opinions are very different  :) I personally don't mind most of the things you've listed here. Just Bieber new music sounds cool, trap music is fine, and lame T.V shows? really? Game Of Thrones, Sherlock, Parks And Rec, Black Mirror, etc... Are all lame to you?
And what exactly is the problem with feminism?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/26/17 at 7:50 pm

It seems that our opinions are very different  :) I personally don't mind most of the things you've listed here. Just Bieber new music sounds cool, trap music is fine, and lame T.V shows? really? Game Of Thrones, Sherlock, Parks, And Rec, Black Mirror, etc... Are all lame to you?
And what exactly is the problem with feminism?

As long as I'm having fun with the music that's all that matters to me.  I can't get into music that isn't fun to dance to and melodic.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/26/17 at 8:19 pm

This then young girl killed popular music back in 1998/1999!  ;D  ;D  ;D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/09/23/370D8B5100000578-3732235-image-a-16_1470783497597.jpg

Written By: Milk on 11/26/17 at 10:04 pm

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

whats wrong with hating trump?

Written By: Slim95 on 11/26/17 at 11:48 pm

This then young girl killed popular music back in 1998/1999!  ;D  ;D  ;D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/09/23/370D8B5100000578-3732235-image-a-16_1470783497597.jpg

And parents were freaking out because showing 2 inches of your belly button area was considered sexy back then.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/27/17 at 2:56 am

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

Fair points except that I disagree wholeheartedly on there being no rock music. You won't find it on top 40 stations, listen to rock stations. Anyway, they asked specifically about music not a summary about it all.  :D

My biggest complaint about pop and rap these days is that they autotune the crap out of it to the point you don't hear the singer's true voice. I hate that!

Subject: People really hate the music kids are listening to these days

Written By: Dude111 on 11/27/17 at 3:30 am

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
*****9.people are very dumbed down they like anything now*****
*****10.everyone wants too look and dress the same now.*****
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
*****18.people support bad as good now*****
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
*****24.bland culture*****

You forgot one my friend

27. Sterile digital crap instead of warm analogue now..

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/27/17 at 5:50 am

Fair points except that I disagree wholeheartedly on there being no rock music. You won't find it on top 40 stations, listen to rock stations. Anyway, they asked specifically about music not a summary about it all.  :D
My biggest complaint about pop and rap these days is that they autotune the crap out of it to the point you don't hear the singer's true voice. I hate that!
they use auto tune now so much cause most these rappers and singers aren't good without it except Adele.The technology basically saves and covers how much a mess the 2010s really are.The bad stuff really outweighs the good now.And this ain't complaining this is really how it is.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/27/17 at 6:26 am

they use auto tune now so much cause most these rappers and singers aren't good without it except Adele.The technology basically saves and covers how much a mess the 2010s really are.The bad stuff really outweighs the good now.And this ain't complaining this is really how it is.

And the ones that are good don't get noticed. It's all backwards.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/27/17 at 6:37 am

And the ones that are good don't get noticed. It's all backwards.
yeah your right there are actually good talent now but you would not know that because they don't push the good artist like they push the unlikable,plastic,mostly no talent auto tuned singers and rappers now even more now than ever before that's why I hope the 2020s aren't bad with music like I hope there will real mainstream talent then or at least a little.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/27/17 at 6:41 am

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

Pt.2

30.kids will brag about apps and face book instead of toys,outside like I did as a kid
40.no tgif on ABC
43.big bang theory sucks
44.modern family sucks it's not even that modern and married with children is way better
51. I get the 90s,80s,and 09s weren't perfect no decade is but at least those decades didn't suffer from half the stuff I just listed and technology didn't make most other things bland

PS:no complain here just facts to why the 2010s aren't as good to what people say they are.kingofthetemple attitude baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you eliminate at least half the things I said and listed the 2010s would not be that bad to me this decade suffers from things times 10 than the 00s did. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/17 at 6:44 am

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

Pt.2

40.no tgif on ABC
43.big bang theory sucks

I was under the understanding that Justin Bieber is very popular around the world with 140 million records sold, and a very strong Twitter following.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/27/17 at 6:47 am

I was under the understanding that Justin Bieber is very popular around the world with 140 million records sold, and a very strong Twitter following.
yeah Justin Bieber has a following of people but I personally think he's just not that good he goes with that list very well and people use to not like Bieber until really 2 years ago.hes repetitive at this point we're are your Adele's in this decade except Adele who's not even that mainstream right now as she was in 2011 and that's why 2011 was the last good music year to me.people rather trap rap and Justin beiber,over Adele and all the great alternative rock that was at the start of the decade.One thing I can say beiber did that most singers now didn't do was he made himself get noticed with YouTube a good platform to do it by with his own content.now everyone else seems to come off the street with no musical greatness just making everything repetitive like never before.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/17 at 7:32 am

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

Pt.2

40.no tgif on ABC
43.big bang theory sucks

I agree with the list.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/17 at 7:34 am

As long as I'm having fun with the music that's all that matters to me.  I can't get into music that isn't fun to dance to and melodic.  :)

exactly, me neither.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/27/17 at 7:45 am

that's why edm sucks it's not danceable like trance or electropop(the late 00s version)

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/27/17 at 9:06 am

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
7.Justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
20.everthing is too high priced.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture
26. We need the Scarface,matrix,dazed and confused,Friday,kumar, type movies.

Pt.2

30.kids will brag about apps and facebook instead of toys,outside like I did as a kid
40.no tgif on ABC
43.big bang theory sucks
45.where are your 70s show,married with children,war at home ymtupe edgy sitcoms
46.everthing is remake now
50.people's love for drugs
51. I get the 80s,90s,and 00s weren't perfect no decade is but at least those decades didn't suffer from half the stuff I just listed and technology didn't make most other things bland

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/550/714/8ae.gif

Written By: Slim95 on 11/27/17 at 12:48 pm

yeah Justin Bieber has a following of people but I personally think he's just not that good he goes with that list very well and people use to not like Bieber until really 2 years ago.hes repetitive at this point we're are your Adele's in this decade except Adele who's not even that mainstream right now as she was in 2011 and that's why 2011 was the last good music year to me.people rather trap rap and Justin beiber,over Adele and all the great alternative rock that was at the start of the decade.One thing I can say beiber did that most singers now didn't do was he made himself get noticed with YouTube a good platform to do it by with his own content.now everyone else seems to come off the street with no musical greatness just making everything repetitive like never before.

Adele was mainstream last year and in late 2015. Hello sold a ton. And music was not any better in the early 2010s, it sucked in 2010, 2011 and 2012 as well.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/17 at 2:05 pm

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

Pt.2

40.no tgif on ABC
43.big bang theory sucks

The WWE doesn't suck, they just run out of good storylines for the wrestlers.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/27/17 at 3:53 pm

6.sjw,feminism,pc

It's showing no signs of slowing down.

If you're an anti-SJW, then you're going to really hate the 2020s. SJW activism was just re-started in the '10s, meaning it will span ages.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/27/17 at 6:46 pm

I like music that has some form of melodies to it and that's a lot of fun to dance to.  80s music does that for me.  :)

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/27/17 at 6:57 pm

I actually rather like music from around 2013-2016. I especially like Macklemore, twentyonepilots, Sia, Death Grips, The Dear Hunter...a fairly wide range of music. But quite a bit of it is pop.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/17 at 7:04 am

I like music that has some form of melodies to it and that's a lot of fun to dance to.  80s music does that for me.  :)

same with me Celeste. O0

Written By: Howard on 11/28/17 at 1:44 pm

What are the demographic that the music is being hated? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/28/17 at 2:57 pm

What are the demographic that the music is being hated? ???

That's what I'd like to know?

Written By: Milk on 11/28/17 at 4:44 pm

It's showing no signs of slowing down.

If you're an anti-SJW, then you're going to really hate the 2020s. SJW activism was just re-started in the '10s, meaning it will span ages.

How so? A lot of people are starting to get tired of sjws.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 11/28/17 at 7:06 pm

This could only be remotely true if the movies opening in 3,500 theaters were the only ones coming out. It's been a great decade for indie cinema, horror in particular. You just have to look a little more closely.

Written By: Emman on 11/28/17 at 8:14 pm

1.repetitive
3.bland edm music
5.tumblr look sucks
6.sjw,feminism,pc
7.justin Bieber
8.no rock music
12.wwe sucks
Ricky and Morty.
21.lil yachty
22.lil uzi
23.migos
24.bland culture

Pt.2

40.no tgif on ABC
43.big bang theory sucks

Damn, you got about every sucky and uncool about 2010s pop culture, it's also extremely derivative with no new styles/genres or anything.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/28/17 at 9:39 pm

Damn, you got about every sucky and uncool about 2010s pop culture, it's also extremely derivative with no new styles/genres or anything.
yeah I didn't want to make the list but it was well needed to why this deacade or at least everything after 2011 has been stale and or uncreative and boring.The technology saves this era 2012-2017 from being a total hot mess. ;D

Written By: Shemp97 on 11/28/17 at 10:40 pm

except walking dead and
Ricky and Morty.

Oh please

Written By: Slim95 on 11/28/17 at 11:04 pm

The 2010s are not that bad. The constant complaining is getting quite old. This was what people did in the 2000s too, pretty much word for word and claimed it was the decade from hell. I remember this like it was yesterday, I think people were saying this all throughout the early 2010s as well. The truth is, it's not that terrible. You just have that perspective because you are older and this is the first decade where you are not a kid. Or you just hate modern stuff because it's the hip thing to do. I don't like the pop culture of today too, but I will probably never really like mainstream stuff and I accept that. It doesn't make this decade terrible. There are quite a lot of stuff I did enjoy from pop culture this decade such as Game of Thrones, the new Star Wars trilogy, meme culture, technology, and underground music. Let's not forget, every decade is great when you are blessed with the gift of being alive.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 11/29/17 at 12:00 am

The 2010s are not that bad. The constant complaining is getting quite old. This was what people did in the 2000s too, pretty much word for word and claimed it was the decade from hell.

It's like how writers in Ancient Greece bemoaned that the "current era" was setting new lows in decorum and decency. Complaining about culture is one of the few things that survives every shift in culture. It's to be expected. Of course, that doesn't make threads like these any less boring or shallow.

Written By: ofkx on 11/29/17 at 5:02 am

The 2010s are not that bad. The constant complaining is getting quite old. This was what people did in the 2000s too, pretty much word for word and claimed it was the decade from hell. I remember this like it was yesterday, I think people were saying this all throughout the early 2010s as well. The truth is, it's not that terrible. You just have that perspective because you are older and this is the first decade where you are not a kid. Or you just hate modern stuff because it's the hip thing to do. I don't like the pop culture of today too, but I will probably never really like mainstream stuff and I accept that. It doesn't make this decade terrible. There are quite a lot of stuff I did enjoy from pop culture this decade such as Game of Thrones, the new Star Wars trilogy, meme culture, technology, and underground music. Let's not forget, every decade is great when you are blessed with the gift of being alive.

Exactly. There’s quite a lot of people on the forums now that say the early 2010s were the last good years for music or whatever. I vividly remember eveyone complaining about everything then and saying exactly what people say now about 2017 ;D

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/29/17 at 6:21 am

well that's your opinion I don't like the new star wars trilogies, meme culture is annoying to me,but the technology is awesome I'm not complaining cause its cool and no the 2010s are not the worst decade ever but when you consider most things about this decade like all these remakes,sjw,PC,feminism etc and other things I stated in my list you can see why I thing this decade is not the worst decade ever but it certainly isn't that great,and I'm happy to be alive that's what you should focus on but when its comes to  to pop culture and fun this decade SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides just cause I don't like a decade or most of it doesn't mean I don't like everything about it just the fact I think this decade is dull doesn't mean I can't let it be know.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/29/17 at 6:32 am

Dude obviously its great to be alive but when it comes to the culture this decade lacks and I liked mainstream culture 1999-2006.the 2010s is the first decade that I really think most mainstream is sucky.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/17 at 7:23 am

That's what I'd like to know?

It must be the older folks.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 11/29/17 at 7:32 am

Dude obviously its great to be alive but when it comes to the culture this decade lacks and I liked mainstream culture 1999-2006.the 2010s is the first decade that I really think most mainstream is sucky.

How old are you, if I may ask?

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/29/17 at 8:41 am

All of this, good God. I will say the 00s were the decade from hell, but that is entirely to do with politics and far less to do with culture. But maybe the coming age will give the 00s a run for their money in that regard.

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/29/17 at 5:33 pm

well that's your opinion I don't like the new star wars trilogies, meme culture is annoying to me,but the technology is awesome I'm not complaining cause its cool and no the 2010s are not the worst decade ever but when you consider most things about this decade like all these remakes,sjw,PC,feminism etc and other things I stated in my list you can see why I thing this decade is not the worst decade ever but it certainly isn't that great,and I'm happy to be alive that's what you should focus on but when its comes to  to pop culture and fun this decade SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides just cause I don't like a decade or most of it doesn't mean I don't like everything about it just the fact I think this decade is dull doesn't mean I can't let it be know.

I agree with some of your points but you forgot the alt-right, they contribute to the negativity of this decade as well. I mean just look at the culture folks like 4chan, Reddit, Milo Yiannopoulos, Richard Spencer, Paul Joseph Watson, etc. fostered and people who have died as a result of this extreme ideology.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/29/17 at 5:38 pm

I agree with some of your points but you forgot the alt-right, they contribute to the negativity of this decade as well. I mean just look at the culture folks like 4chan, Reddit, Milo Yiannopoulos, Richard Spencer, Paul Joseph Watson, etc. fostered and people who have died as a result of this extreme ideology.

And the resulting erosion of our democratic institutions because they got "their guy," but this isn't a political thread so I'll just leave it at that.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/29/17 at 5:57 pm

All of this, good God. I will say the 00s were the decade from hell, but that has entirely to do with politics and far less to do with culture. But maybe the coming age will give the 00s a run for their money in that regard.
Yeah, when people say the 00s were hell, they are automatically talking about politics which was true. The social climate and the culture, not at all. It was definitely more positive than right now.

I'm sorry Slim, but it is. Maybe where you are, it's much better; however here, the social atmosphere is hostile, and the politics are horrendous. The social progress, technology, some TV shows, games, movies, music are good and all, but the decade has been overwhelmingly negative.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/29/17 at 7:21 pm

I don't really find anything about "modern" music to be all that interesting.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/29/17 at 7:44 pm

Yeah, when people say the 00s were hell, they are automatically talking about politics which was true. The social climate and the culture, not at all. It was definitely more positive than right now.

I'm sorry Slim, but it is. Maybe where you are, it's much better; however here, the social atmosphere is hostile, and the politics are horrendous. The social progress, technology, some TV shows, games, movies, music are good and all, but the decade has been overwhelmingly negative.

That's your opinion. Doesn't make it fact. This decade is not as terrible as you are making it out to be. Every decade has its positives and negatives including this one. No matter where you live, there is positive and negative. The 2010s are not that bad. A decade like the 1930s is much worse.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/29/17 at 8:04 pm

That's your opinion. Doesn't make it fact. This decade is not as terrible as you are making it out to be. Every decade has its positives and negatives including this one. No matter where you live, there is positive and negative. The 2010s are not that bad. A decade like the 1930s is much worse.
If it's my opinion, then why have others said the same thing? And for the record, we all didn't say all of the 2010s is terrible. We just said some of it is awful. There are people out there who want to have a positive outlook on today and the future, but with a lot of uncertainty that doesn't seem to be the case.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/29/17 at 8:48 pm

If it's my opinion, then why have others said the same thing? And for the record, we all didn't say all of the 2010s is terrible. We just said some of it is awful. There are people out there who want to have a positive outlook on today and the future, but with a lot of uncertainty that doesn't seem to be the case.

Because they have the same opinions as you....  ??? Is this a serious question? Lol. Yes, you have that opinion, doesn't make it a fact. Not everybody hates the 2010s and you need to accept that. It's not a horrible decade, I am sorry you don't like it but that doesn't mean the decade is terrible just because it's bad for you. It's not a fact, simple as that.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/29/17 at 8:56 pm

Because they have the same opinions as you....  ??? Is this a serious question? Lol. Yes, you have that opinion, doesn't make it a fact. Not everybody hates the 2010s and you need to accept that. It's not a horrible decade, I am sorry you don't like it but that doesn't mean the decade is terrible just because it's bad for you. It's not a fact, simple as that.
You're missing the point. Not one time did I or others on here say we hated everything about this decade, We just said we hated some of it. In fact, you're already forgetting that most of us here actually the enjoyed the early 10s.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/29/17 at 9:56 pm

You're missing the point. Not one time did I or others on here say we hated everything about this decade, We just said we hated some of it. In fact, you're already forgetting that most of us here actually the enjoyed the early 10s.

Ok I don't care if you like or dislike this decade. Everyone has the right to either like it or dislike it, you have every right to that opinion. I was just stating my opinion that the constant complaining is getting annoying and people are taking their hatred for this decade too far and treating it worse than it is.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/30/17 at 2:01 am

Ok I don't care if you like or dislike this decade. Everyone has the right to either like it or dislike it, you have every right to that opinion. I was just stating my opinion that the constant complaining is getting annoying and people are taking their hatred for this decade too far and treating it worse than it is.

I agree. There was plenty to hate about the 00s and even the 70s, the 90s, the whatever. Hell, when I say my hatred of the 00s has "far less" to do with culture, I mean it. I like a lot about those times - Fall Out Boy, the TV shows Lost and The Office, video gaming, whatever - but you have to admit there was a lot of trash too. I mean, 00s pop culture practically thrived on trash.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/30/17 at 6:03 am

slim we know the whole decade isn't terrible you but were also saying it definentley isn't a good decade either look at all the stuff that happened and goes on now from the start of the decade to now look at the music mainstream filled with unlikable trash and look at how politically damaged we are right now are you kidding me!!!!!!!!

1.race riots
2.alt right
3.mass shootings almost non stop
4.fear of war at an all time high and not just any war nuclear war(thank about that for a sec)
5.all these allegations of sexuall harassment
And we know the 1930s were worse but the 2010s aren't that great either the 2010s is like a 1930s lite with good technology to cover up the eye rolling chaos that happens now.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/30/17 at 6:07 am

I agree. There was plenty to hate about the 00s and even the 70s, the 90s, the whatever. Hell, when I say my hatred of the 00s has "far less" to do with culture, I mean it. I like a lot about those times - Fall Out Boy, the TV shows Lost and The Office, video gaming, whatever - but you have to admit there was a lot of trash too. I mean, 00s pop culture practically thrived on trash.
This may just  my op but the 00s were awesome and I don't ever think it was the decade from hell and if anything the 10s top that so called decade from hell 00s because if you pay attention to what goes on in the 10s you would realize they are really destructive politically and socially worse than the 00s that's a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/30/17 at 6:10 am

slim I'm pretty sure you say you don't like 2010s culture and sometimes complain about it as well and threads about the 2010s being not that great are well needed and the 90s were way better than the 00s and definentley the 10s and I like the 00s and I'm saying this.And no offense slim but you must think a decade that has what's been going through alot  since like 2012 is a great decade,but no and just cause its the 2010s doesn't mean anything because like I said even you say you don't like 2010s culture.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/17 at 7:07 am

same here, I just choose the oldies and classic R&B stations to listen to.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/17 at 7:09 am

Have you tried John Legend or Gregory Porter?

Written By: superblyexhausted on 11/30/17 at 7:57 am

slim I'm pretty sure you say you don't like 2010s culture and sometimes complain about it as well and threads about the 2010s being not that great are well needed and the 90s were way better than the 00s and definentley the 10s and I like the 00s and I'm saying this.And no offense slim but you must think a decade that has what's been going through alot  since like 2012 is a great decade,but no and just cause its the 2010s doesn't mean anything because like I said even you say you don't like 2010s culture.

Commas, my friend. Just pretend they were invented in the '90s and use them out of nostalgia.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/30/17 at 8:22 am

Commas, my friend. Just pretend they were invented in the '90s and use them out of nostalgia.

;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/01/17 at 12:28 pm

Have you tried John Legend or Gregory Porter?

No, and I don't want to.  I've never wanted to listen to modern music.  :) Every time I hear something modern on the radio I just have to change the channel because I find it even painful to listen to.
I mean a few years ago I heard Drake on the radio because the other stations were running commercial air time and she didn't want to listen to that and so she turned on to one of the Toronto stations and they were playing Drake  8-P 8-P I said: "mom change the channel quick!"  She asked me why and I said "THAT'S DRAKE! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT!"  ::) ::) ::)
I've never even listened to Drake when he started and I'm not about to listen to him now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/17 at 12:39 pm

No, and I don't want to.  I've never wanted to listen to modern music.  :) Every time I hear something modern on the radio I just have to change the channel because I find it even painful to listen to.
I mean a few years ago I heard Drake on the radio because the other stations were running commercial air time and she didn't want to listen to that and so she turned on to one of the Toronto stations and they were playing Drake  8-P 8-P I said: "mom change the channel quick!"  She asked me why and I said "THAT'S DRAKE! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT!"  ::) ::) ::)
I've never even listened to Drake when he started and I'm not about to listen to him now.
Nowadays Gregory Porter is covering the songs of Nat 'King' Cole.

Written By: ofkx on 12/01/17 at 3:44 pm

same here, I just choose the oldies and classic R&B stations to listen to.

I think that happens once you reach a certain age  ;D.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/01/17 at 4:42 pm

Gee thanks! ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/01/17 at 5:39 pm

Then you wind up getting bitter.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/01/17 at 7:06 pm

I was just stating my opinion that the constant complaining is getting annoying and people are taking their hatred for this decade too far and treating it worse than it is.
Well, there are legit reasons why people are complaining about today. It be could be personal, the political atmosphere, the economy etc. It doesn't make their complaints any less invalid.

slim we know the whole decade isn't terrible you but were also saying it definitely isn't a good decade either look at all the stuff that happened and goes on now from the start of the decade to now look at the music mainstream filled with unlikable trash and look at how politically damaged we are right now are you kidding me!!!!!!!!

1.race riots
2.alt right
3.mass shootings almost nonstop
4.fear of war at an all-time high and not just any war nuclear war(thank about that for a sec)
5.all these allegations of sexual harassment
And we know the 1930s were worse but the 2010s aren't that great either the 2010s is like a 1930s lite with good technology to cover up the eye-rolling chaos that happens now.
All of this! People have become desensitized due to mass shootings, and it's now made them expect one every other day. I would replace race with discrimination riots since that's almost everyone being looked that way. The Alt-Right and the fear of war are definitely real issues that people shouldn't ignore. If these are not taken seriously, there could be a WW3 or an authoritarian government where practically no one will have any rights.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/17 at 8:54 pm

Well, there are legit reasons why people are complaining about today. It be could be personal, the political atmosphere, the economy etc. It doesn't make their complaints any less invalid.
All of this! People have become desensitized due to mass shootings, and it's now made them expect one every other day. I would replace race with discrimination riots since that's almost everyone being looked that way. The Alt-Right and the fear of war are definitely real issues that people shouldn't ignore. If these are not taken seriously, there could be a WW3 or an authoritarian government where practically no one will have any rights.

Why are you complaining though? It's not about validity, it's about it getting old and useless because there is so much of that on this forum. That doesn't accomplish anything. Try enjoying the present time otherwise you will regret it in the future. This decade is not that terrible and it could be a lot worse. You should be lucky you are alive no matter what decade it is.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 12/01/17 at 10:05 pm

Why are you complaining though? It's not about validity, it's about it getting old and useless because there is so much of that on this forum. That doesn't accomplish anything. Try enjoying the present time otherwise you will regret it in the future. This decade is not that terrible and it could be a lot worse. You should be lucky you are alive no matter what decade it is.
I can enjoy the present by not being involved in current pop culture that's how I do it.And if the 2020s are better I won't regret disliking the 10s.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/17 at 10:09 pm

I can enjoy the present by not being involved in current pop culture that's how I do it.And if the 2020s are better I won't regret disliking the 10s.

That's fine. I accept the 2010s as they are. I may not like the culture and trends, but I never like that stuff anyway and most likely will never like it. But I accept this decade and I don't complain about it because it is not as bad you guys are making it out to be. It's important to realize things can be a lot worse and being grateful you can experience any decade goes a long way. We are not in the 1930s and in World War II! Now that was truly an awful time. The 2010s just aren't that bad and people always complain about the current decade and say bad things about it. The complaints aren't very valid because pop culture always "sucks" and that's what people say all the time. The 2010s just aren't a terrible decade like you guys say.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 12/01/17 at 10:15 pm

That's fine. I accept the 2010s as they are. I may not like the culture and trends, but I never like that stuff anyway and most likely will never like it. But I accept this decade and I don't complain about it because it is not as bad you guys are making it out to be. It's important to realize things can be a lot worse and being grateful you can experience any decade goes a long way, we are not in the 1930s and in World War II! Now that was truly an awful time. The 2010s just aren't that bad and people always complain about the current decade and say bad things about it.
But my dude you keep saying we will complain about every era no not if there good I barely if ever complained about pop culture 1999-2006 and I really didn't start complaining about pop culture till 2012 so it does matter if an era good or not and don't be silly slim because if we have to face nuclear war it will be the 1930s all over again and that would definentley make the 10s a bad decade then.And we complain because we want better we know its a blessing to be alive but if we feel we don't like a decade we can state it until we see improvement don't get me wrong every era has issues but to me the 2010s are bad with mainstream more than any other recent decade.Its because we want a cool trend and good mainstream that's why we complain about the 2010s.Listen if we had at least good mainstream music or at least variety I would never complain about the 2010s.The 2010s are not terrible but there bland for culture that's all where saying man.I think out of all 2010 and 2011 were great 2010s years so the decade started good but don't know what happened after 2011.We are all blessed that's a given,but when your talking about POP CULTURE of the 10s it's not good to me.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/17 at 10:20 pm

But my dude you keep saying we will complain about every era no not if there good I barely if ever complained about pop culture 1999-2006 and I really didn't start complaining about pop culture till 2012 so it does matter if an era good or not and don't be silly slim because if we have to face nuclear war it will be the 1930s all over again and that would definentley make the 10s a bad decade then.

We aren't in a nuclear war now and we may never be. So it certainly isn't bad as 1930s and World War II. We are actually in a safe time now compared to previous decades in terms of overall crime and the statistics prove it. Yeah we didn't complain about culture back then because we were kids. People older than us certainly did. When you are a kid culture always seems perfect due to nostalgia.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 12/01/17 at 10:26 pm

We aren't in a nuclear war now and we may never be. So it certainly isn't bad as 1930s and World War II. We are actually in a safe time now compared to previous decades in terms of overall crime and the statistics prove it. Yeah we didn't complain about culture back then because we were kids. People older than us certainly did. When you are a kid culture always seems perfect due to nostalgia.
I'm pretty sure crime is higher now since like 2008 or somewhere like that.Just take a look at your biggest cities like Chicago and you will see crime is very high right now.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/17 at 10:30 pm

I'm pretty sure crime is higher now since like 2008 or somewhere like that.Just take a look at your biggest cities like Chicago and you will see crime is very high right now.

Statistics show otherwise. 1990s were actually more violent than the 2010s in terms of overall crime.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 12/01/17 at 10:45 pm

Statistics show otherwise. 1990s were actually more violent than the 2010s in terms of overall crime.
your right they were more violent than now but somehow the 90s still are way more fun pop culturally than the 10s and I still think the 10s could be better and at least right now are still pop culturally boring.And somehow the 90s were still not as fragmented as a society as the 10s are even though they were more violent that should tell you something.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/02/17 at 12:25 am

I think hate is a strong word.  But then again music these days consists of very little talent and more to do with how someone looks.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/17 at 7:30 am

I think hate is a strong word.  But then again music these days consists of very little talent and more to do with how someone looks.

I agree.

Written By: SkittlesCat on 12/02/17 at 7:31 am

Yep, many people hate it. But some love it

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 12/02/17 at 7:37 am

My dad LOVES to bash on today's music. He's one of those people who complain about the charts having no diversity and wonders "What the heck is our generation of kids listening to?" He thinks everything after 2010 sucks and doesn't listen to music made past those years. He only likes a really small portion of 2017's songs.

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/02/17 at 7:42 am

My dad LOVES to bash on today's music. He's one of those people who complain about the charts having no diversity and wonders "What the heck is our generation of kids listening to?" He thinks everything after 2010 sucks and doesn't listen to music made past those years. He only likes a really small portion of 2017's songs.

Lol I asked my mom born in 1973 when she thought music went downhill and she said she didn’t know. Then I said “if you had to pick what would it be?” And she said 2010

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 12/02/17 at 7:47 am

Lol I asked my mom born in 1973 when she thought music went downhill and she said she didn’t know. Then I said “if you had to pick what would it be?” And she said 2010

My dad born in 1979 thinks music went downhill after 2010. Once at a party whip nae nae came on and my dad goes "oh god noooo" and he goes straight into the house and puts his earbuds in ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/02/17 at 7:48 am

My Father does the very same thing.

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/02/17 at 7:50 am

My dad born in 1979 thinks music went downhill after 2010. Once at a party whip nae nae came on and my dad goes "oh god noooo" and he goes straight into the house and puts his earbuds in ;D

Wow my dad is ten years older than yours and he actually likes today’s music lol  ;D

I actually used to like whip nae nae when it came out

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 12/02/17 at 7:56 am

Wow my dad is ten years older than yours and he actually likes today’s music lol  ;D

I love whip nae nae. The beat is catchy and a guilty pleasure song

Written By: ofkx on 12/02/17 at 7:59 am

I always thought the song was something ~hip~ soccer moms listened to. It's very PG ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/02/17 at 8:01 am

I always thought the song was something ~hip~ soccer moms listened to. It's very PG ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now watch me kick, that ball away

Written By: Slim95 on 12/02/17 at 1:59 pm

My father believes things got modern and how they are today in the 1990s after I was born (1995). But he is 67 years old. I kept trying to tell him how dated the '90s are but he just doesn't believe it.  :P

Written By: Howard on 12/02/17 at 2:02 pm

My Father was born in 1941 and he actually likes The Doo-Wop era and so does My Mother too.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/02/17 at 2:29 pm

Why are you complaining though? It's not about validity; it's about it getting old and useless because there is so much of that on this forum. That doesn't accomplish anything. Try enjoying the present time otherwise you will regret it in the future. This decade is not that terrible, and it could be a lot worse. You should be lucky you are alive no matter what decade it is.

That's fine. I accept the 2010s as they are. I may not like the culture and trends, but I never like that stuff anyway and most likely will never like it. But I accept this decade, and I don't complain about it because it is not as bad you guys are making it out to be. It's important to realize things can be a lot worse and being grateful you can experience any decade goes a long way. We are not in the 1930s and World War II! Now that was truly an awful time. The 2010s just aren't that bad, and people always complain about the current decade and say bad things about it. The complaints aren't very valid because pop culture always "sucks" and that's what people say all the time. The 2010s just aren't a terrible decade like you guys say.
You're still missing the point. They may be complaining, but you don't know why they might be grumbling. It doesn't even have to be about pop culture! It can be personal, the economy, the social climate, etc. It does not make their complaints invalid.

Oh, and again, there is parts of the 10s we all DO like, so I don't know why you keep thinking we all hate the entire decade.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/02/17 at 2:44 pm

You're still missing the point. They may be complaining, but you don't know why they might be grumbling. It doesn't even have to be about pop culture! It can be personal, the economy, the social climate, etc. It does not make their complaints invalid.

Oh, and again, there is parts of the 10s we all DO like, so I don't know why you keep thinking we all hate the entire decade.

The complaining is not needed because the decade isn't as bad as you are making it out to be, simple as that. Every decade has its good and bad parts and people have been complaining for a long time now and everyone on here knows this. Just look at the "does anyone actually like the '00s" thread. The whining and moaning is getting old. It doesn't change anything and honestly this decade is not that horrible.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/02/17 at 2:54 pm

The complaining is not needed because the decade isn't as bad as you are making it out to be, simple as that. Every decade has its good and bad parts, and people have been complaining about a long time now, and everyone on here knows this. Just look at the "does anyone actually like the '00s" thread. This decade is not that bad. Now, why do you keep going on?
Damn man. You're still not getting it. The people here are not complaining about pop culture. It can be something personal, the economy, the social climate, etc. It does not make their complaints invalid at all.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/02/17 at 2:55 pm

Damn man. You're still not getting it. The people here are not complaining about pop culture. It can be something personal, the economy, the social climate, etc. It does not make their complaints invalid at all.

No, I'm not missing the point and I never claimed you only hate pop culture. I don't care about that. I understand you are complaining because you hate many parts of this decade. But I am saying the complaining is getting very old and uneeded because a) it's not as bad as you say and every decade has its bad parts and b) complaining about it changes nothing. That's why complaining about it is very unwarranted. Making more positive posts about this decade on this forum would be a nice breath of fresh air for everyone here. Or at least less posts decidated to the hatred of this decade. Just do me and many others on here a favour because we're sick of seeing it all the time lol.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/02/17 at 3:09 pm

No, I'm not missing the point, and I never claimed you only hate pop culture. I don't care about that. I understand you are complaining because you hate many parts of this decade. But I am saying the complaining is getting very old and unneeded because of a) it's not as bad as you say and every decade has its bad parts and b) complaining about it changes nothing. That's why complaining about it is very unwarranted. Making more positive posts about this decade on this forum would be a nice breath of fresh air for everyone here. Or at least fewer posts dedicated to the hatred of this decade.
Hate many parts? ???. I never said that. If anything, I enjoyed the early 10s, and I like right now except the political realm.

For the 4th time, there are vaild reasons on why people are complaining, and it includes personal things, the economy, the social climate, etc. It does not make their complaints invalid at all.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/02/17 at 4:15 pm

Hate many parts? ???. I never said that. If anything, I enjoyed the early 10s, and I like right now except the political realm.

For the 4th time, there are vaild reasons on why people are complaining, and it includes personal things, the economy, the social climate, etc. It does not make their complaints invalid at all.

You have your own reasons for hating the decade and I don't care about it to be honest. You can keep saying it until your head turns red. But the complaining is getting old and you should stop doing it on here because there are multiple posts about it and many people agree. There are good and bad parts in this decade like always, it isn't all just bad so you really should stop constantly whining and moaning about it, it absolutely isn't warranted. It changes nothing and it is not called for so it should be done less on here. Talking about more positive aspects of this decade or at least cutting down on the constant complaints and hatred posts would be greatly appreciated by everyone here... Simple as that.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/02/17 at 5:20 pm

You have your reasons for hating the decade, and I don't care about it, to be honest. You can keep saying it until your head turns red. But the complaining is getting old, and you should stop doing it on here because there are multiple posts about it and many people agree. There are good and bad parts in this decade like always; it isn't all just bad, so you really should stop constantly whining and moaning about it. It changes nothing, and it is not called for so it should be done less on here. Talking about more positive aspects of this decade or at least cutting down on the constant complaints and hatred posts would be greatly appreciated by everyone here. Simple as that.
I like how you just assumed I'm the only one who is moaning about the decade where are a few others doing it as well, and there are valid reasons why that you don't know. Maybe if you would see it from another person's perspective, you would probably understand more.

BTW, please stop acting like most of us here said we hated the entire era. We all never said that at all.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/02/17 at 5:29 pm

I like how you just assumed I'm the only one who is moaning about the decade where are a few others doing it as well, and there are valid reasons why that you don't know. Maybe if you would see it from another person's perspective, you would probably understand more.

BTW, please stop acting like most of us here said we hated the entire era. We all never said that at all.

I'm definitely not talking about just you, you certainly are not the only one as there is a lot of people here who do that. That's the reason I mentioned it because I'm tired of so many posts and threads on that topic as I see it so much. If people want to express their hatred for this decade, that's fine they have every right to do that. I just see it as beating a dead horse when it accomplishes nothing. But it's your opinion and I do respect that.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 12/02/17 at 9:14 pm

I'm definitely not talking about just you, you certainly are not the only one as there is a lot of people here who do that. That's the reason I mentioned it because I'm tired of so many posts and threads on that topic as I see it so much. If people want to express their hatred for this decade, that's fine they have every right to do that. I just see it as beating a dead horse when it accomplishes nothing. But it's your opinion and I do respect that.
like I said this decade could be better.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 12/02/17 at 10:02 pm

My dad was born in 1968 and he loves today's music and I asked him if he preferred music today or back then, he said he thinks they're equal.

He loves artists like Adele, The Weeknd, Katy Perry, and The Chainsmokers etc, lol. ;D

My mom was born in 1975, and I don't think she cares about when anything came out, but based on what music I hear from her phone, she just listens to a lot of 00's quirky indie pop music like Norah Jones and Ingrid Michaelson, and also loves '50s-60's Doo Wop and Motown. :P

My father believes things got modern and how they are today in the 1990s after I was born (1995). But he is 67 years old. I kept trying to tell him how dated the '90s are but he just doesn't believe it.  :P

Lol, my dad thinks things from around 2010 to now is modern, and he said the '90s and '00s aren't old, just older.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/02/17 at 10:05 pm

My dad was born in 1968 and he loves today's music and I asked him if he preferred music today or back then, he said he thinks they're equal.

That's really interesting to hear! My Dad was born in 1967, but he thinks music (and pop culture) went bad in the year 2000. I do agree with him though.  ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 12/02/17 at 10:14 pm

My mum born in 1965 really likes 2017s music. I think she also likes the 60s-80s. She said the 90s/00s were pretty average.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 12/02/17 at 10:45 pm

That's really interesting to hear! My Dad was born in 1967, but he thinks music (and pop culture) went bad in the year 2000. I do agree with him though.  ;D

Lol, honestly, I didn't even expect my dad to say that when I asked him, I knew he liked today's music, but I didn't think he'd consider it equal to music from his youth.

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/02/17 at 11:13 pm

He loves artists like Adele, The Weeknd, Katy Perry, and The Chainsmokers etc, lol. ;D

My mom was born in 1975, and I don't think she cares about when anything came out, but based on what music I hear from her phone, she just listens to a lot of 00's quirky indie pop music like Norah Jones and Ingrid Michaelson, and also loves '50s-60's Doo Wop and Motown. :P
, just older.

I asked my brother born in December 1993 if he likes today's music, and he said he doesn't like most of it. My sister born October 1996 loves todays music and she likes trap and today's hip-hop like I do lol  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/03/17 at 7:21 am

Lol, my dad thinks things from around 2010 to now is modern, and he said the '90s and '00s aren't old, just older.

My Father was born in 1941 and enjoys The Doo Wop era.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 12/03/17 at 3:56 pm

I asked my brother born in December 1993 if he likes today's music, and he said he doesn't like most of it. My sister born October 1996 loves todays music and she likes trap and today's hip-hop like I do lol  ;D

Wow, it's interesting how different people's opinions are on music within a family, lol.

My brother (2000) prefers listening to the most recent music he can, listens to most genres. My sister (2002) also loves today's music, listens to trap and modern hip hop the most as well. All three of us listen to today's hip hop though, and I think it's starting to drive our parents nuts. :P

My Father was born in 1941 and enjoys The Doo Wop era.

That's good, there's a lot of good Doo Wop songs. Is he a fan of The Platters? :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/03/17 at 4:00 pm

For my family, some of them listen to Trap, non-trap hip-hop, and underground R&B.

I'm not talking about just you; you certainly are not the only one as there is a lot of people here who do that. That's the reason I mentioned it because I'm tired of so many posts and threads on that topic as I see it so much. If people want to express their hatred for this decade, that's fine they have every right to do that. I just see it as beating a dead horse when it accomplishes nothing. But it's your opinion, and I do respect that.
Well, we have all made a positive contribution to what we all enjoy this decade. For instance, a lot of us here liked this year and previous year's music and we even like technology coming out despite that it's stagnant. Plus, we have mentioned some of the TV shows. Games and movies. We haven't been overly negative as you and a few others are claiming. 

Written By: Howard on 12/04/17 at 5:33 am

Wow, it's interesting how different people's opinions are on music within a family, lol.

My brother (2000) prefers listening to the most recent music he can, listens to most genres. My sister (2002) also loves today's music, listens to trap and modern hip hop the most as well. All three of us listen to today's hip hop though, and I think it's starting to drive our parents nuts. :P
That's good, there's a lot of good Doo Wop songs. Is he a fan of The Platters? :)

Yes, he knows of The Platters and anything that's Doo-Wop related. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...