inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Musicals Cats and Evita return to the West End stage

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/14 at 8:21 am

Hit Andrew Lloyd Webber 80s musicals Cats and Evita are to return to the West End stage.

Cats will run for 12 weeks at the London Palladium from December, with a cast yet to be announced.

Evita, will run for 55 shows from September at the Dominion, starring Marti Pellow and Madalena Alberto.

Both musicals starred Elaine Paige in their original productions and both became long-running award-winning shows that also had international success.

Cats, which closed in the West End more than a decade ago, is based on TS Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats.

The musical has won many awards and spawned much-loved songs such as Memory, which has been recorded by more than 150 artists, including Barbra Streisand, Johnny Mathis, Liberace and Barry Manilow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28055091

Subject: Re: Musicals Cats and Evita return to the West End stage

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/14 at 10:14 am

Oh man, two shows (along with Phantom) that I had been DYING to see. I guess I'm gonna have to take a trip to London.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Here in the States, Betty Buckley (of Eight is Enough fame) starred in the original Broadway production of Cats & the OUTSTANDING Patti LuPone & Mandy Potemkin starred in Evita.

Cat

Subject: Re: Musicals Cats and Evita return to the West End stage

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/14 at 1:40 pm

Oh man, two shows (along with Phantom) that I had been DYING to see. I guess I'm gonna have to take a trip to London.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Here in the States, Betty Buckley (of Eight is Enough fame) starred in the original Broadway production of Cats & the OUTSTANDING Patti LuPone & Mandy Potemkin starred in Evita.

Cat
Seen Phantom and Les Miserables, I want to Evita and cats too!

Check for new replies or respond here...